Good Sam Roadside Assistance …might want to take a look at your coverage!

SuiteSuccess

9 hours ago, rickeieio said:

Don't know about roadside assistance policies, but I can tell you that my agent for nearly everything insurance told me that in 2020-2021 he had a LOT of folks come to him, trying to schoolie insurance, and could not.

The problems with insurance are wide and deep.  My Progressive policy covers towing, and I'll see if they reimburse me for a recent tow when we get back from this trip.

Schoolies are another problem. I built my bus thinking it would be cheap. I was quoted $16 a year for insurance.  Went through the work to convert it to a motor home for them to say sorry a bus is a bus. Insurance is $45 a month. I was only paying $35 a month with it as noncommercial personal passenger vehicle. 🤦‍♂️ 

Farmer, Trucker, Equipment operator, Mechanic

Quando omni flunkus moritati-When all else fails, play dead
I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't know about roadside assistance policies, but I can tell you that my agent for nearly everything insurance told me that in 2020-2021 he had a LOT of folks come to him, trying to schoolie insurance, and could not.

The problems with insurance are wide and deep.  My Progressive policy covers towing, and I'll see if they reimburse me for a recent tow when we get back from this trip.

Rick,

Let me know because I’m now with Progressive.  I also have the tow insurance.  Be careful, my agent said it is filed as a claim against the insurance and may result in them considering non-renewal.

2006 Volvo 780 "Hoss" Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

Bed Build by "JW Morgan's Custom Welding"

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

2013 Smart Passion Coupe "Itty Bitty"

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

I would hope a $565 claim would not trigger a non-renewal after 15 years of paying premiums, but we'll see.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

Rick/Carl,

I have progressive with their road side assistance and twice they covered the tow on the Volvo with trailer, no questions asked.  I even clarified when calling what I needed to be towed.  The only problem with Progressive was this past September had to have the Entegra towed.  The tow company would not send a truck until they secured payment from Progressive.  In reality Progressive was subbing out the ERS with 3rd party vendor and the vendor kept dragging their feet.  After waiting 4 hours on the side of the interstate in 110* temperatures, it took Alicia giving Progressive some hell for them to finally light a fire under their vendor to get the job done.

2017 Entegra Anthem 44A

SOLD - 2004 Volvo 780. 465hp and 10sp Auto Shift (from 2010~2017)

SOLD - 2009 Montana 3400RL

Oh and just got my renewal about 6 weeks ago.  The annual increase was in line with past annual increases.  So nothing unexpected.  Been using Progressive for RV insurance now since 2010.

2017 Entegra Anthem 44A

SOLD - 2004 Volvo 780. 465hp and 10sp Auto Shift (from 2010~2017)

SOLD - 2009 Montana 3400RL

Just talked to our agent in South Dakota the other day, need a new windshield. I asked about some non renewal that I’ve heard of and she said nationwide insurance is cutting back or not taking new policies on converted trucks. They are keeping current policy holders and she hasn’t heard of any non renewal to customers that were not claims related. Truck and trailer went up about 400 combined. I know this is off the topic but just wanted to share the info. 

7 hours ago, Danfreda1 said:

Just talked to our agent in South Dakota the other day, need a new windshield. I asked about some non renewal that I’ve heard of and she said nationwide insurance is cutting back or not taking new policies on converted trucks. They are keeping current policy holders and she hasn’t heard of any non renewal to customers that were not claims related. Truck and trailer went up about 400 combined. I know this is off the topic but just wanted to share the info. 

I switched because my agent since we bought the truck said National General (our previous insurance) was probably pulling out of Tennessee for conversion coverage.

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

8 hours ago, RickW said:

Rick/Carl,

I have progressive with their road side assistance and twice they covered the tow on the Volvo with trailer, no questions asked.  I even clarified when calling what I needed to be towed.  The only problem with Progressive was this past September had to have the Entegra towed.  The tow company would not send a truck until they secured payment from Progressive.  In reality Progressive was subbing out the ERS with 3rd party vendor and the vendor kept dragging their feet.  After waiting 4 hours on the side of the interstate in 110* temperatures, it took Alicia giving Progressive some hell for them to finally light a fire under their vendor to get the job done.

Thanks for the info Rick.

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

I would hope a $565 claim would not trigger a non-renewal after 15 years of paying premiums, but we'll see.

Rick,

Allstate cancelled a homeowner’s policy we had in Texas for a broken window claim.  We had been with them 20 years with only one other claim 5 years prior for hail damage on roof.

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

I've had Progressive insurance on our Class A for about 12 years now including roadside service. A couple of years ago we needed a tow off the NY Thruway due to an engine problem. Since the Thruway Authority requires going through their dispatcher for service, I could not use a Progressive ERS provider, although I did inform the provider of the situation. I was told to go ahead with the Thruway selected tow service and I would be reimbursed in accordance with my service plan. The dispatched tow operator took the rig to the Ford dealer I requested, and the bill was a little over $700. I filled out the required form I downloaded from the Progressive website and mailed it in along with the tow receipt. About 10 days later I received a check for the full amount, and at renewal there was just minimal $20 increase.

Last year we got caught behind a large truck on a gravel road, and despite maintaining what we thought was a safe distance, ended up with a cracked drivers side windshield and a large "star" crack on the passenger side windshield. Progressive requested photos of the damage that were forwarded to to company that handles their glass claims, After several days, I was called by an RV glass specialty company to arrange for the replacement of both sides as soon as the glass could be shipped to a local RV shop in upstate NY for installation. Due to shipping delays, the glass had not arrived when we were getting ready to leave for our winter Florida trip. When I advised the glass company of that, they said it was not a problem since they have a crew in Florida that would come to our campsite and do the installation there. When the agreed day came, the crew arrived on time and 4 hours later we had new glass in both halves of our split windshield valued at $7,800 with no deductible. On renewal, there was no premium increase this time.

I have been quite pleased with the service we have received from Progressive, and so far have had no reason to consider switching.

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system

I am with Auto Owners insurance.  For my home, cars, RV and the Big Truck.

When our truck was hit by lightning (2022), they not only paid for the HDT tow to a Volvo dealer 30 miles away, but also paid for the repairs to the truck totaling almost $70,000.  They not only renewed me (twice), with only a small market increase in the premium since then, but did not require me to change the $100 deductible.

As a side note, in the fall of 2022 my wife hit a deer with her car adding another $7500 claim to our policy that year and they still didn't cancel us.

Av8r3400
2012 Volvo VNL 730 D13 iShift & 2021 Grand Design Momentum 397TH

TEq81qV.jpg

I'd rather die trying to live - Than live trying not to die.   -Leonard Perry

On 3/7/2024 at 8:26 PM, Av8r3400 said:

I am with Auto Owners insurance.  For my home, cars, RV and the Big Truck.

When our truck was hit by lightning (2022), they not only paid for the HDT tow to a Volvo dealer 30 miles away, but also paid for the repairs to the truck totaling almost $70,000.  They not only renewed me (twice), with only a small market increase in the premium since then, but did not require me to change the $100 deductible.

As a side note, in the fall of 2022 my wife hit a deer with her car adding another $7500 claim to our policy that year and they still didn't cancel us.

Good to know.

2017 DRV 39DBRS3