RV clubs

bruce t

1 minute ago, Chalkie said:

This two different organizations. The IOOF is the Independent Order of Odd Fellows and the Foresters is the Foresters Friendly Society. 

Heh! Quite right, Gary... The Gloversville IOOF hall is a couple of blocks from the Foresters hall. I missed that in Ray's post.

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system

13 hours ago, trailertraveler said:

At one time, Happy Campers had a forum. Passport America gave you an email service and had an online service where you could post a travel blog with photos that you could limit access to friends that you invited.  I believe Escapees offered an email service at one time. Most of the "clubs" have seemed to streamline and monetize their services

I've still got a Happy Camper 15% discount coupon that I was given over 20 years ago. it' still valid at any RV park offering club discounts. Every time I show it the desk clerk nods and hands it back to me.

Today the website  and facebook are their presence on the web..

Edited by Ray,IN

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

I was president of the north American Truck Campers Association and it too declined in membership. I am wondering if the rise of social media has a role to play. A shift in how people get their socialization. A bad one, IMO.

Paul Beddows

Summer-Abbotsford BC, Winter Jalisco Mexico

Co-Founder of NATCOA

Wagon Master for Caravanas de Mexico RV Caravans

2010 Majestic Class C

8 minutes ago, telcoman said:

I was president of the north American Truck Campers Association and it too declined in membership.

Escapees membership is growing but the younger and still working members just do not do forums like this. Their Facebook pages are very active and growing. The club is getting younger once more and as such it is changing. There are many reasons the new members don't take part here.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

1 minute ago, telcoman said:

certainly forums are being replaced by Facebook. Sad.

Sadly, we see this as well.  The problem with FB and Instagram is that it is an endless thread and not broken down into topics like a forum for some organization.  On one club, the folks have migrated to FB and seldom post on the web forums.  They have gripes about the website being difficult to navigate but all I can see is that they are resistant to learning something that is much more useful.  I guess I could also call them lazy.

Ken

Amateur radio operator, 2023 Cougar 22MLS, 2022 F150 Lariat 4x4 Off Road, Sport trim <br />Travel with 1 miniature schnauzer, 1 standard schnauzer and one African Gray parrot

It's very difficult to research a topic on a FB group compared to a forum. IMO that's why you see people asking the same question repeatedly. Then there are the numerous irrelevant postings. 

Guess I'm one of the oldsters that like to do the research myself rather than relying on people that I have no idea if they have any clue about what they're talking about. On a forum it's pretty easy to see if a person offering advise knows of what they speak.

Back on the road again in a 2011 Roadtrek 210P

2011 Tahoe 4x4, 2006 Lexus GX470, 2018 Ranger XP1000, 2013 RZR 570LE
http://finallynewellin.blogspot.com/

458863254_cabinavatarcopy.jpg.7751792e372f5959d079d77730f9290d.jpg

• 1 year later...

Stumbled upon this thread.  Very true that facebook is not as good as forums. Times a changing.

This is my first post here.  Maybe I will go look for an introduction section.

Steve and Jill

1999 Lazy Daze 26.5 MB

Florida Resident

For us - The non affiliated My Grand RV (Grand Design) forum is going pretty well. I think it's growing. Is well maintained, sectioned out into RV models, categories and monitored. Lots of posts on solar, lithium, trucks, problems issues etc and no corporate sponsoring that sensor content. I am there more than here because it relates more to our rig. I stop by here once in awhile to see what's up but don't always post.

Agree with what everyone has said. It's just a different mindset with the younger people today and those other social media sites. I refuse to use FB.

Yes YouTube is a thing. We have a YouTube channel, "non profit". We post videos about places, parks we goto, things we see and sometimes repairs to our rig. For some it's easier to see a video than to read a forum.  As with all forms of social media today -there is the YouTube crap channels, it's all about # of subscribers or all about profit, or corporate sponsoring, click bait and trashing manufacturers. Just have to pick out what's good and bad.

It's all about sorting out the information age. Then again I or we, don't spend all day or a lot of time on social media.

Edited by Steven@146

Steve & Tami Cass, Fulltime Somewhere

2018 Ram 3500 DRW / 2019 Grand Design Solitude 3350RL S-Class. Texas Class A Drivers License