Windows 11 Leak Proves that Apple M1X Macs will Reign!

Zulu

IMO, until Apple becomes price competitive they will remain following Microsoft Windows in market share.

Edited by Ray,IN

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

1 hour ago, Ray,IN said:

IMO, until Apple becomes price competitive they will remain following Microsoft Windows in market share.

It's not price, it's resistance to change.

$699 Mac Mini vs $1,000 PC - Which is Faster? - it's the Mac.

Cost of Ownership: Mac vs PC - it's like when you buy that cheap printer and find out that print cartridges cost more than the printer.

SKP #79313 / Full-Timing / 2001 National RV Sea View / 2008 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
www.rvSeniorMoments.com
DISH TV for RVs

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

My first PC was an Apple I Mac 3 (?) that lasted 3 years and failed day after Warranty expired.  Since then (about 2003)  I have used only cheap windows operating systems and they have all worked great including Acer Windows Vista that I kept using after MS ended support.  I have upgraded just for fun the Acer Vista and Win 7 to Win 10 for free and unlike others encountered absolutely no problems with the upgrade process or with the several Win 10 major updates to date.   Acer laptop is well over 15 years old.

I have four laptops that are Win 10 (2), 8.1, and 7 that are still going strong after several to many years of road travel and remote area use.   I use Malwarebytes and other anti virus, anti malware on all of them.  Now using new Lenovo Win 10 laptop I Core 7 and the others are for backup.  Happy camper here.

https://www.facebook.com/photo?fbid=2310260835942755&set=a.1377149002587281

Edited by NamMedevac 70

I have some really old laptops running Windows 10, two of which are 32-bit computers that started life as Windows XP and Vista machines.  I have definitely had machines die on me, and my wife just replaced her 5 or 6 year old Windows laptop due to a hard drive issue.  The hard drive is replaceable but she figured a new laptop with a solid state drive was worth it to her.   The massively faster boot times are worth it to her and we can afford to replace her old laptop completely, instead of just the hard drive.

Remember Windows 10 was a free upgrade from Windows 7, 8.0 and 8.1 and Windows 7 was a free upgrade from Vista.  I can't remember if Windows 7 or Vista was a free upgrade from Windows XP, but I think there was a time that was true.   I do not remember buying a Windows upgrade after XP.

I know people who have had Macs that died early, I have know people who have Macs for a very long time.  The same with Windows machines.  I have also installed Linux on many an older Windows laptop, including my very old Dell Studio 15 I bought in 2010 that I still use.  

My 2c.  Getting into arguments over how long computers and operating systems last doesn't gain anything.  I just visited a friend who still has multiple working Commodore Amiga machines.  

2004 40' Newmar Dutch Star DP towing an AWD 2020 Ford Escape Hybrid, Fulltimer July 2003 to October 2018, Parttimer now.
Travels through much of 2013 - http://www.sacnoth.com - Bill, Diane and Evita (the cat)

Zulu,

I agree with Bill and am adding an additional aspect.  The principal purpose of your post appears to be, to spark tribal warfare.  The video links only accentuate that.  Apple's proprietary ARM derivative appears to be a very good implementation.  But it's certainly not revolutionary.

I despise over regulation, but IMO, this isn't:

"Be respectful. This means no fighting or personal attacks. Those looking to stir up drama will be addressed, and may be banned for repeat behavior. "

https://www.rvnetwork.com/topic/141878-guideline-refresher/

Volvo 770, New Horizons Majestic and an upcoming Smart car

The title of this post, which happens to be the title of the leaked video, is becoming so typical of YouTube videos and on-line news articles. It has to be eye-catching and hopefully antagonistic or controversial. Clickbait, pure and simple.  

Let's face it, operating systems change and morph often enough that most folks are not going to suddenly jump from one platform to another because of a single update. And it is unlikely that Apple will suddenly "Reign" with regards to Microsoft based on this rollout. Both companies will continue to update and innovate, and that is good for all users. 

Mark & Teri

2021 Grand Designs Imagine 2500RL, 2019 Ford F-350

Mark & Teri's Travels

1 hour ago, mptjelgin said:

The title of this post, which happens to be the title of the leaked video, is becoming so typical of YouTube videos and on-line news articles. It has to be eye-catching and hopefully antagonistic or controversial. Clickbait, pure and simple.  

Let's face it, operating systems change and morph often enough that most folks are not going to suddenly jump from one platform to another because of a single update. And it is unlikely that Apple will suddenly "Reign" with regards to Microsoft based on this rollout. Both companies will continue to update and innovate, and that is good for all users. 

Watch for an admin warning ... When I called Clickbait on a post by the OP , that's what I rec'd. 

Goes around , comes around .

I haven't paid for any Windows updates except for two upgrades to Pro from home. And I have been doing these since the early 80s. The first PCs came out a year after the failed PC Jr with C/PM DOS was dropped in 1980. The IBM PC debuted in 1981 with a choice of Disk Operating Systems. It was several hundreds dollars for Digital Research and Gary Kildall's C/PM and under $100 for the MSDOS which was actually SCP DOS Bill Gates bought with all rights from Seattle Computer Products (SCP.) Apple has had similar changes over time like when they switched from their outdated Power PC processors in favor of Intel Windows chipsets/boxes in 2005.

Apple did well in the phone markets but is losing to Android today.

Apple has been moving toward making their computers just like the architecture/OS used in their iPads and iPhones.

Microsoft took a different approach making our Surface tablets full Intel Windows machines. Meaning our desktops and tablets can run the same programs used in any Windows desktop or tablet. We have two Surface Pro tablets both i7/16GB/256GB, one a Surface Pro 4 and the other the Surface Pro 7. And Lynn has our Surface Go, and I bought a used Go2 M3/8GB/128GB with LTE and am waiting for my SIM card to arrive tomorrow.

The Windows 11 GUI is said to be more Apple like and will run Android Apps as well as Microsoft Apps and programs. Apple has never had more than ~15% market share, give or take for desktops and laptops compared to Windows >80% or so market share of desktops and laptops. Apple has little server market share and is taking a big chance that folks want mobile phone like computers as well as tablets.

In order to Reign they have a lot of catching up to do in the desktop and laptop market share. But if you want to say they reign Zulu, it's no issue for me. As they say in New Orleans - "Laissez les bon temps rouler." I love that we have choice, no?

This is a great tech demo by Apple. I wish them luck.

I prefer the current Windows 10 desktop and don't look forward to changing my desktop GUI, but as before, many times, I will get used to it and be able to get it where I like.

Great days to be alive!

Edited by RV_

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire