Mail Forwarding

Twotoes

I use the Escapees mail forwarding service. I called Livingston last Fri to have my mail sent out. They said Mon was a holiday and the mail would go out on Tue. I always get an email with a tracking number. I did not get a tracking number so I called yesterday but no one answers, I just get Mondays message that they are closed. I called again today but got the Monday message again and it’s Wednesday.  I know that they are having weather problems, severe cold etc, and power outages. Does any know if the mail forwarding center in Livingston is open or closed?

2015 Itasca Ellipse 42QD

2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Hard Rock Edition

2021 Harley Street Glide Special 

Fulltimer

2 minutes ago, Twotoes said:

I use the Escapees mail forwarding service. I called Livingston last Fri to have my mail sent out. They said Mon was a holiday and the mail would go out on Tue. I always get an email with a tracking number. I did not get a tracking number so I called yesterday but no one answers, I just get Mondays message that they are closed. I called again today but got the Monday message again and it’s Wednesday.  I know that they are having weather problems, severe cold etc, and power outages. Does any know if the mail forwarding center in Livingston is open or closed?

East Texas is getting hammered today.  I wouldn't expect them to be open, roads are impassable all over Texas.  Texans don't do well driving in snow and ice.

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
2002 Alpine 36 MDDS (Figment II), 2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
Blog: http://www.barbanddave.net
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

I have my mail FedExed to me from Livingston. I just read on another thread on this Forum that FedEx is not working also. I have all my 1099s in this mail shipment and can’t do my taxes!  Oh well, guess I will have to take another nap to pass the time. 

2015 Itasca Ellipse 42QD

2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Hard Rock Edition

2021 Harley Street Glide Special 

Fulltimer

I in same boat. One more w2 and I am set for taxes. But basically nothing working this part of country. Just got electricity last night. Coldest temps since 1908 I think I read. Roads are covered in ice and snow. Be patient.

2003 Teton Grand Freedom towed with 2006 Freightliner Century 120 across the beautiful USA welding pipe.https://photos.app.goo.gl/O32ZjgzSzgK7LAyt1

18 minutes ago, Barbaraok said:

But RVers on this forum have a host of shortcuts they use all the time.   

Even RV is one of them!   😊 Pretty much every group has at least some acronyms.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

My daughter's school on the north side of Fort Worth closed for the whole week.  There are outages at the school off and on, they are worried about pipes breaking and hoping they can get it ready for Monday.     Daughter isn't looking forward to having to use buckets again to flush the toilets!   Oh well, they need to get the kids back to school because so many depend upon school for breakfast and lunches as well as take home packs for the weekend!

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

8 hours ago, Barbaraok said:

My daughter's school on the north side of Fort Worth closed for the whole week. 

The school my daughter works for was supposed to be closed Tuesday and Wednesday (Monday was holiday) and then have virtual classes the rest of the week. That has now been changed to closed, period, due to continued rolling blackouts. 

SignatureNewest.jpg.a1bc8322b0862056fd28e25d5b1458db.jpg

Garland School District has now closed for the week as well and for much the same reasons. Since city street crews here do not own any snow removal equipment so streets here are still very risky to travel in order to get to the schools, or anywhere else in Dallas Co. With rising temperatures, it should improve rapidly but has not been above freezing here for 6 days and will be sometime tomorrow before it gets there. Power outages are improving but not completely resolved. The broken pipe issue is probably going to get worse as things start to thaw.

Weather Channel was showing videos last night from homeowners of the water pouring from broken pipes in the ceilings of their homes as the water system starts up again and it is FLOODING the homes.   I don't think a lot of homeowners even know where or how to turn off the water to their homes.  

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

4 minutes ago, Barbaraok said:

Weather Channel was showing videos last night from homeowners of the water pouring from broken pipes in the ceilings of their homes as the water system starts up again and it is FLOODING the homes.  

Our son had a pipe break on Tuesday afternoon so we had to do that dance here as we are with him. Fortunately we were only without water until the following morning and the pipe involved was to an outside faucet and very low in the outside wall. Plumber who repaired it told us that he had been to two homes so far that had experienced ceiling collapse due to water. 

18 hours ago, Lou Schneider said:

OIC, SBT!

OIC is easy but what is SBT?

My bro & sis n law had to move in with friends in essentialy N.Dallas.  But just got a text on someone I checked on by text that is in an apartment in Terrell, Tx. and she says she has not lost power at all so far.

3 hours ago, bigjim said:

Terrell, Tx. and she says she has not lost power at all so far.

Our son lives in the northeast part of Sachse and he has not lost power at all, while not far from him there have been many outages. Our son in Carrollton has had power in and out for the past 3 days, but his seems to be back for good now. We live in a senior community in Mesquite that has had lots of power problems until about 3 pm yesterday but has been on since. Mesquite does have a boil water order due to very low pressure.

Kirk, stay safe.  I'm glad your son  knew where to turn off his water when he discovered a burst pipe.  So many residents have no idea where to shut of water coming into the house and result is so, so much damage.

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834