Mail Forwarding

Twotoes

The USPS is not delivering rural route mail in S. Indiana. the county roads were plowed leaving a 2' bank of frozen snow in front of mailboxes that cannot be moved out of the way by hand.

I still receive daily emails from the USPS/informed delivery, showing a picture of each letter though. If I was well enough I'd use my tractor and grader blade to move the frozen snow away from mailboxes enough to drive up and deliver mail in the valley. I'll call my local post office tomorrow and if anyone is there I'll go get our mail.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

42 minutes ago, GlennWest said:

Got a email from Escapees Mail Service. Stated they had received no mail since Saturday. So shutting down for rest of week. 

What happened to: "Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed rounds"

The answer is obvious, no electricity to run the sorting machines.

Edited by Ray,IN

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/18/2021 at 10:55 PM, Ray,IN said:

The answer is obvious, no electricity to run the sorting machines.

And I might add "either the machine/system can't be restarted or has lost its memory".

In the last 8 days I have sent two priority mails to Texas. On message of tracking says "Feb 23, In Transit, Arriving Late. Your package will arrive later than expected, but is still on its way. It is currently in transit to the next facility.

The second item has the standard "USPS is now in possession of your item as of 1:41 pm on ............... IL " but no acknowledgement of leaving the originating PO. bu neither did the first mailing

I have a UPS operation here but just FedEx drop off. The only difficulty both business uses a PO Box.

What other options are available with the Covid-19 and Doctors orders to stay put.

Clay in NW Illinois

Clay & Marcie Too old to play in the snow

Diesel pusher and previously 2 FW and small Class C

I am the original poster. My mail was finally sent out on Wed Feb 24th via FedEx and was delivered on Fri the 26. The office in Livingston was closed for a week, but it only took a couple of days to catch up and get my mail out. Besides, FedEx was not picking up or delivering that week either. Thanks to all in Livingston.  

2015 Itasca Ellipse 42QD

2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Hard Rock Edition

2021 Harley Street Glide Special 

Fulltimer