New Mexico tightening up on RV parks

trimster

We're in a park on the west side of Albq., ( Enchanted Trails RV Park) and the folks in the office are frustrated. They are getting word that there will be big changes for RV parks coming Friday from the Gov. office.

In a nut shell, what they understand so far.... cut the occupancy to 50%. Every other site. There's some other things rumored but not confirmed. The park is 90% full every night. Mostly overnight stays.

This RV park has about 200 sites. 20% full time. Now, mostly overnighter with a smattering of weekly like us.

New Mexico has a mandatory 14 day quarantine in place if you come to the state. Not being done. The state is flaring up.

Just a heads up if you are headed to NM or passing through.

Robert & Lisa
'14 Keystone Fuzion 315 38' 5er

2015 Volvo VNL 670, D13, iShift 'The Tartis' (ours)

2013 Smart Fortwo Passion 'K-9'

2011 CanAm Spyder RT Limited (Ours)

We are both USAF vets.

LbjZhp0l.jpg

Thank you for posting this, Robert - though it saddens me. I'm originally from Cruces and what family I have left are still there. We're aching to get back west, but it doesn't look like that'll happen until at least next spring. Stay safe and healthy!

Rob

2012 F350 CC LB DRW 6.7
2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes, solar, DP windows
Full-time since 8/2015

StatesVisited20210913_small.jpg

Sadly we all pay the price for  those that won't work with the program.   If I recall NM had a 25% occupancy restriction when it was at its worst  but they did not have to evict current residents.  Just not accept more until they got down to 25%.  Worries me as I am on the east side of Albq. with the Forest Service but plan to move elsewhere in NM by the 15th of Nov.

On the surface I tend agree with you Glenn and with the right input they could maybe change or modify it which I would like but in no way can they answer and solve  all problems in dealing with this mess.  They are going to make mistakes in judgment based on information they have available. This is an almost impossible task.  I even give the ones I judge to be horrible at some leeway.   There are Governors all over the country that truly wish they were only having to deal with normal issues. And the nuts and A--h---- out there are issueing vitriol, death threats, kidnapping and assassination.

5 hours ago, GlennWest said:

But distancing is like 6 feet. RVs are a lot farther apart than that. I don't see half full only needed

Actually, more and more research suggests that it should be 9 to 12 feet since the transmission can be aerosolized.  

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
2002 Alpine 36 MDDS (Figment II), 2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
Blog: http://www.barbanddave.net
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

I do not understand the people that just "have" to travel for no real purpose than to have fun.  

We are full time and this year limited our travel to absolutely necessary.  We had to go to Tulsa for our dogs surgery (half the price of Houston), go to Kansas RV for trailer repair since we were already in Tulsa.  Now headed to Fort Worth to get Mor/Ryde axle alignment (chewing up a tire), then to Livingston for a few weeks and back to Houston area for the annual Doctors and winter.  We plan to stay in the Houston area for an undetermined time while this virus gets under control.  

We stay in the RV, occasionally get take out food, get groceries and only talk to people in the RV park at a distance.  We would rather be traveling, but I do not want to take the chance of getting sick or worse.

We need to stop unnecessary travel, social distance and wear a mask.  Pay attention to the Doctors and scientist.

Ken

Amateur radio operator, 2023 Cougar 22MLS, 2022 F150 Lariat 4x4 Off Road, Sport trim <br />Travel with 1 miniature schnauzer, 1 standard schnauzer and one African Gray parrot

I am also in Albu.  Everywhere I go I see people wearing face coverings as required.  Social distancing happens, but can be difficult in some stores.

I'd love to see the stats on what age group is increasing in NM and info on contact tracing.  

We have plans to move to Farmington this weekend.  If that is prohibited, we'll stay where we are before moving to AZ.

As for "unnecessary travel", different people have different thoughts on what is unnecessary. 

1 minute ago, remoandiris said:

I am also in Albu. ...

Where are you parked here in albq.?

Robert & Lisa
'14 Keystone Fuzion 315 38' 5er

2015 Volvo VNL 670, D13, iShift 'The Tartis' (ours)

2013 Smart Fortwo Passion 'K-9'

2011 CanAm Spyder RT Limited (Ours)

We are both USAF vets.

LbjZhp0l.jpg

2 hours ago, Barbaraok said:

Actually, more and more research suggests that it should be 9 to 12 feet since the transmission can be aerosolized.  

In addition, there is concern regarding other modes of transmission.

...The available data suggest that, in addition to human-to-human contact, the virus may spread via fecal-oral and aerosols-borne routes... Recently, transmission via the fecal-oral route is getting serious attention after the viral RNA has been detected in the stool samples of infected patients... The fecal-oral route conservatively follows five-Fs paths such as fomites, fingers, flies, fluids, and fields... In case of COVID-19, knowledge on disease spread via fields and fluids is limited; however, the contribution of fomites (e.g., clothes and surfaces), fingers (direct contact), and flies is being argued...

Edited by trailertraveler

I am technically in Tijeras behind the Sandia Ranger Station just east of Albq. Worked the front desk this AM.  They are doing pretty good at wearing mask in this area but still not universal by any means.   I was recently in the Walmart on Wyoming  near Menaul and pretty much everyone I saw except one guy that stood out not wearing his. I expect he came in with it on but took it off when he was away from security.  I know some staff saw him but never saw anyone speak to him.  No question in my mind he was quite capable of wearing a mask. If he is willing to do that, what else might he do.  Even here as a volunteer it can be an issue.  Some people are just "over it" and some are skirting the rules.  One may be telling the truth about being claustraphobic in a mask but I am suspect. That would be fine except yesterday she came and almost stood over me. I could have stirred a fuss but push come to shove an employee trumps a volunteer. I found a way to distance myself taking a restroom break and will be extra careful around her in the future.

8 hours ago, Barbaraok said:

Still rv parks are a lot farther apart than what you posted. Can't see why they would limit rv parks.

2003 Teton Grand Freedom towed with 2006 Freightliner Century 120 across the beautiful USA welding pipe.https://photos.app.goo.gl/O32ZjgzSzgK7LAyt1

5 hours ago, bigjim said:

I could have stirred a fuss but push come to shove an employee trumps a volunteer.

That just depends on the people in charge. I have been in places where the employee would have been spoken to about honoring your space if the boss knew. It just depends on how much they value the volunteers. 

1 hour ago, GlennWest said:

Can't see why they would limit rv parks.

Hard to know what is in their minds but it probably does help to keep people apart. I have been in campgrounds that there was less than 12 feet between my window and the next RV's patio. And I would agree with Barb that the rule makers are probably not RV folks, or at least not the majority of them. Since rules tend to be the same for all, the easy way for a rule maker is to just require alternate sites to be left empty. A more logical way would be to set a minimum distance between RV pads and their associated amenities. Most COE parks could use all of their sites if the rule were 20' between RV sites or something similar while some commercial parks would not. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

9 hours ago, GlennWest said:

Reckon I should just leave this site

Why? Just one of opinions and sometimes we agree and others we don't. Yours are as valid as those of anyone. Like you, I question the validity of using only alternating RV sites. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

I maybe shouldn't express my thoughts as my fulltiming days are over but I have to say that one size RV park is not the same as others.

I remember being in some RV parks where there were was maybe 6 ft between the Rv's.  My ceiling fan is on and I sneeze, my window is also open and my sneeze exits the window and into your RV through your open window.  I do not like parks with spaces that close and usually do not stay in them but at times due to convenience I have.

I do not agree with alternating sites but a 25 foot separation would seem better but not all rv parks are built the same.

I for one would not like to be the one making the rules.

2006 Elite Suite 36TK3
2001 F-550 Starhauler
www.mytripjournal.com/elitesuitestravels
IN GOD WE TRUST

14 hours ago, GlennWest said:

Still rv parks are a lot farther apart than what you posted. Can't see why they would limit rv parks.

We are in Rociada and I can tell you the more people in the parks the more and larger the groups get with no one wearing a mask.It has been this way since this all started. Fortunately the Park closes for the year on Sunday and the full-time residents can feel safer. No one quarantines even when it was required. We live in the private residence area and groups of 10 to 15 would come up without masks and stand out front of our place so we had wear masks and limit our time on our porch.

Edited by accumack

2011 Berkshire 390-rb-40, upgraded tires and front axle airbags, 2012 Jeep Wrangler 2 door, Blue Ox baseplate and BlueOx aladdin tow bar, Blue Ox Patriot brake system, wiring run through right frame rail and homemade led taillight bar.

2 hours ago, travelinbob said:

I have to say that one size RV park is not the same as others.

I agree  one place is not the same as another.  I checked out one this weekend in just a driveby and decided it would not be for me under present circumstance.  Nothing against the park per se.  Probably a pretty old park with smaller spots, closer together.  Pretty full with long termers that may  be great people.

I also am not surprised with what accumack reported.  Even people  that are trying real hard screw up. A friend the other day leaned over very close to me to say something he did not want others to hear.  He is normally very careful and just screwed up.  He realized it almost immediately and apologized profusely. Luckily I was masked and at least I know him and his wife and know they are way more careful than most.  In any place people are tempted to gather and so many just don't believe it is necessary.  They may never believe it until it happens to them or a loved one.

I sure would not want to be the one having to make the final decisions either travelinbob.  As an RV'r  I key on what affects me and others have their own items that they think are important like sports  or whatever but if they pay attention to just a few that puts everyone else on the back burner.  No way to be completely fair.