New Mexico tightening up on RV parks

trimster

On 10/15/2020 at 9:42 AM, TXiceman said:

I do not understand the people that just "have" to travel for no real purpose than to have fun.  

We feel the same way.  Despite the fact that we would love to see our family (who are all back East), we've stayed put in TX since the pandemic broke out.  We were lucky that several children had visited in the Feb-Mar timeframe before the case counts got too high.

IMHO it's hardly worth the effort (and risk) of going sightseeing only to find that many things are closed or severely restricted. We've decided that the safest way to try to ride out the pandemic is to stay in our small town and venture out only when we have to.  JMO

Sandie & Joel

2000 40' Beaver Patriot Thunder Princeton--425 HP/1550 ft-lbs CAT C-12
2014 Honda CR-V AWD EX-L with ReadyBrute tow bar/brake system
WiFiRanger Ambassador
Follow our adventures on Facebook at Weiss Travels

Being here, now, the gov will clamp down harder soon. My guess. 

We head north to Colorado Sunday,  then home to Salt Lake...which is way out of control right now. We'll just hunker down in bricks and morter. I have a truck bed to build.

Robert & Lisa
'14 Keystone Fuzion 315 38' 5er

2015 Volvo VNL 670, D13, iShift 'The Tartis' (ours)

2013 Smart Fortwo Passion 'K-9'

2011 CanAm Spyder RT Limited (Ours)

We are both USAF vets.

LbjZhp0l.jpg

23 hours ago, travelinbob said:

I maybe shouldn't express my thoughts as my fulltiming days are over but I have to say that one size RV park is not the same as others.

I remember being in some RV parks where there were was maybe 6 ft between the Rv's.  My ceiling fan is on and I sneeze, my window is also open and my sneeze exits the window and into your RV through your open window.  I do not like parks with spaces that close and usually do not stay in them but at times due to convenience I have.

I do not agree with alternating sites but a 25 foot separation would seem better but not all rv parks are built the same.

I for one would not like to be the one making the rules.

I certainly don't want to be responsible for making the rules either.  Those days retired when I did.  I just finished a stint hosting at a COE campground in west central Alabama and no sites are closer than 40'+.  Now I am at my home base site which is in a small town (700 population), on a residential lot sized for two homes and I'm the only one on the site.  My nearest neighbor is at least 300' away.  Masks are the rule in Alabama everywhere, but rarely do I see any masks being used in this rural area except mine when on a food run.

Ed

KM4STL

2006 GMC 2500HD CCSB 4x4 Duramax/Allison, Titan 52 gallon fuel tank, Prodigy Controller, B&W Companion Hitch
2010 Jayco Designer 35RLTS, RV Flex Armor Roof

I'm back again. As I think about this topic more I think the restrictions are due to the groups that come to campgrounds to party and drink till 2 in the morning. We have all had that annoying bunch next to us that we can't wait until Sunday afternoon when they go home. Maybe this would limit their camping outings.

I know I'll catch some flack about this but I also cant understand why bars need to be open during our health pandemic.

2006 Elite Suite 36TK3
2001 F-550 Starhauler
www.mytripjournal.com/elitesuitestravels
IN GOD WE TRUST

1 hour ago, travelinbob said:

I'm back again. As I think about this topic more I think the restrictions are due to the groups that come to campgrounds to party and drink till 2 in the morning. We have all had that annoying bunch next to us that we can't wait until Sunday afternoon when they go home. Maybe this would limit their camping outings.

As far it goes we've run into a few campgrounds during normal times when the parks didn't do a good job of enforcing their own rules.  We are friends with several folks who work at area campgrounds and ran into them over the last couple of weeks and their biggest concern is with new folks into RVing who don't understand common courtesy who believe that the rules don't apply to them.  Another complaint was with groups of hunters using the campground as a base and every evening being drunk and disorderly.  Local police were called but all they did was ask the offenders to "tone it down."  None of the three we spoke to wanted to be at the campground when the pandemic ends and it fills with inconsiderate folks thinking they can do as they please.  We continue to stay at home and venture out only when safe.

At this moment we are at the Escapee's in Livingston, camped in the older part, everyone seems to be wearing masks, practicing good SD. Even the people walking their dogs may not be wearing a mask but have it with them in case they stop to talk, but always at a distance. Using the laundry facilities everyone is being responsible seems like. These sites are a little closer together but still plenty of room to keep away from each other. The park volunteers are doing a great job and everyone seems to be following the rules. Now maybe the local Walmart isn't as good with people practicing SD and using masks. 

Monday we leave for Northern Indiana  to help take care of the Wife's parents in their mid 80s and isolated at home,  give other family members a break, and it will take 3 days to get up there. Very rural community. We will be staying in a winter campground up there and already have camping reservations along the way and have paid online to keep contact to a minimum. We should be able to pull in to our site, set up, spend the night, break camp and head out again without ever, or very little interacting with anyone. Stopping for fuel shouldn't be a real problem, just practice good SD, wear a mask and use hand sanitizer and keep to ourselves. We'll be fine to get up there.

Once we get up there, we will not be having the usual family gatherings for the holidays that we usually have. Probably get together individually with family members one at a time using good SD practices but not the big gatherings. Come Dec 28th its back down to Texas for the hard winter months. We are careful and responsible and stay away from people who are not, so I foresee no problems traveling. We keep an eye on the states where we will be staying overnight, but so far none are going lockdown.

Steve & Tami Cass, Fulltime Somewhere

2018 Ram 3500 DRW / 2019 Grand Design Solitude 3350RL S-Class. Texas Class A Drivers License

4 hours ago, travelinbob said:

I know I'll catch some flack about this but I also cant understand why bars need to be open during our health pandemic.

Because some people’s livelihoods depend on the income generated and they can not afford to be closed. If you have a problem with that just don’t go there. I haven’t gone out to a bar in a long time. If I drink, and I rarely do anymore since I was diagnosed with diabetes, I drink at home. I also don’t go out to restaurants anymore. That’s my choice. Everyone has the freedom of choice and we should not impose our will on them. 

2015 Itasca Ellipse 42QD

2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Hard Rock Edition

2021 Harley Street Glide Special 

Fulltimer

32 minutes ago, Twotoes said:

Because some people’s livelihoods depend on the income generated and they can not afford to be closed. If you have a problem with that just don’t go there. I haven’t gone out to a bar in a long time. If I drink, and I rarely do anymore since I was diagnosed with diabetes, I drink at home. I also don’t go out to restaurants anymore. That’s my choice. Everyone has the freedom of choice and we should not impose our will on them. 

To slow the spread mean some things are changed so more do not die.   Closing bars lowers transmission as has been shown time and time again.   Bars induce relaxed behaviors that lead to ignoring social distancing, wearing of masks, etc.  thus more people are infected and go on to infect others.   I feel sorry for bar owners who lose their business, as I do for all small businesses who are failing.  But there are so many people dying that we  can’t do nothing.   

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
2002 Alpine 36 MDDS (Figment II), 2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
Blog: http://www.barbanddave.net
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

On 10/15/2020 at 7:34 PM, Kirk W said:

A more logical way would be to set a minimum distance between RV pads and their associated amenities

Those "associated amenities" can get you. I've been in parks where I was more than twelve feet from the next RV but my hookups were right by their picnic table.

In another park, sites were separated by flowering bushes. I easily listened in on the conversation taking place on the patio on the other side of those bushes while sitting inside my RV with the window open.

It would be hard to set a standard of distance that would work for all parks so using every other space is easier to enforce even when we deem it not necessary for a particular park. I feel sorry for park owners trying to make it on half the site fees, though. For me, it seems those who normally crowd everyone in would be better off right now.

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van