Smart car involved in chase in Phoenix

bobsallyh

11 hours ago, rickeieio said:

Just goes to show ya, sometimes the car's smarter than the driver...

That's funny ! That's why they call it a ' Smart Car '.

2012 Volvo VNL 630 w/ I-Shift; D13 engine; " Veeger "
  Redwood, model 3401R ; 5th Wheel Trailer, " Dead Wood "
    2006 Smart Car " Killer Frog "

1 hour ago, noteven said:

I has a question: is “smart” or “smart car” the name of those / your cars? 

You need to be more specific. We have 3 of them.

I have been wrong before, I'll probably be wrong again. 

2000 Kenworth T 2000 w/N-14 and 10 speed Gen1 Autoshift, deck built by Star Fabrication
2006 smart fourtwo cdi cabriolet
2007 32.5' Fleetwood Quantum

Please e-mail us here.

So  man who committed no offense or broke any law but was yelling in a parking lot was chased by police !

Yet we are being ordered in many areas, Calif, NY, NJ, not to go outside with out a mask on! 

2015 Itasca Ellipse 42QD

2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Hard Rock Edition

2021 Harley Street Glide Special 

Fulltimer

1 hour ago, Twotoes said:

So  man who committed no offense or broke any law but was yelling in a parking lot was chased by police !

Yet we are being ordered in many areas, Calif, NY, NJ, not to go outside with out a mask on! 

"DPS says Nguyen faces charges for unlawful flight from law enforcement, DUI, possession of drug paraphernalia and criminal damage. "

It appears he may not have committed a crime at Wal-Mart, but he's no model citizen.

Then again, since there's no sports, the news folks need to find other BS to fill the air waves.....

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

Doesn't matter if he's a model citizen or not.  He was causing a disturbance, others called law enforcement.  Officers attempted to interview him and he fled.  I'm pretty sure that's adequate cause for police to pursue him.

Look at it this way, if police hadn't pursued him and he had gone down the street and committed violent crime, the same people criticizing the police now would be blaming them later.

Everybody wanna hear the truth, but everybody tell a lie.  Everybody wanna go to Heaven, but nobody want to die.  Albert King

Im not criticizing the police. Im just saying that there is no law that you have to cooperate with a police investigation. In fact we have a 5th Amendment right to remain silent and not answer any questions and in most places we do not have to show any id, unless we are driving. If he wasn't under arrest or being detained he had a right to leave. I wasn't there so I'm sure this person caused such a  scene that it rose to the level of probable cause to make contact with him. The police did what they are supposed to do. The moment he fled in his car he created the situation for the stop because he was not acting like a reasonable person. 

2015 Itasca Ellipse 42QD

2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Hard Rock Edition

2021 Harley Street Glide Special 

Fulltimer

• 2 weeks later...