Where can I get a Microsoft Office 2010 product key for free?

KyDustBunny

Just joined this Forum today after dreaming of our "Escape" for several years now!

We are planning on our 1st extensive (2-3 month) RV trip this Fall and I'm trying to be mindful of every $$ as we pull the plugs on our long-time careers.

I saw this Tech section and it reminded me that I lost my Microsoft 2010 software when I left my job last month.

I thought I'd ask here to see if anyone knows how I might go about getting a Microsoft Office 2010 key for FREE.

I do realize that I can get a free "in the cloud" version but I realllllly prefer to save my financials JUST to my PC (I routinely do back-ups).

Any ideas?

Appreciate all help, as I consider myself a non-technie.

Thx!

I pay ~$10/mo to get the entire Office 365 Suite on 5 devices plus 1TB of cloud storage for each device.  We share the subscription with my daughter and her husband.  This is an actual downloaded copy of Office, not the cloud version.

Edited by docj

Sandie & Joel

2000 40' Beaver Patriot Thunder Princeton--425 HP/1550 ft-lbs CAT C-12
2014 Honda CR-V AWD EX-L with ReadyBrute tow bar/brake system
WiFiRanger Ambassador
Follow our adventures on Facebook at Weiss Travels

23 hours ago, DJW said:

If it is real that would be piracy and MS is very active in fighting piracy and they can get obnoxious about it. I don't think we want to see the Escapee get a cease and desist letter from MS lawyers.

As for the OP just use LibreOffice it works and has all the functions you will need. And is really free.

Edited by agesilaus

That Key code is not stolen.  I am not selling it.  I have it and I don't need it any longer who are you to say I can't give it away?  I paid for it back in 2010.  So if helping someone out with something I don't need or want any longer is a crime well just to bad.

Dennis

USA Master Sergeant Ret.

Yes you might be right that might have been better.  But do you really think MS is going to get bent out of shape with someone giving a product key for a 10 year old software that they don't even support anymore?  It's not like I gave him the product key for a 1903 build copy of Windows 10 Pro.    I took it down now you should delete your post listing it as well.

USA Master Sergeant Ret.

You never "owned" it. Read the legal forms you signed before you used it. It is more like a rental. You have limited permission from MS for how you can use the program. If you sell, or give the code you are possibly in violation of MS copyright  I agree RV could get troubled by MS if promoting transfer of software rights.

I just bought a new laptop and didn't want to pay a yearly fee for MS Office. This laptop has "Open Office 4.1.6"

It opens and manipulates all MS Office documents and has a VERY similar look to MS Office

So far it has been a great replacement for MS Office and no yearly fee

RoyB

South of Boston

2021 Dodge 2500 - 6.4L

Forest River 19RR Toy Hauler

Roofnest Falcon Rooftop Tent

www.rvbprecision.com

They don't actually support a touch screen. Scrolling actual becomes mas text selection. Word search within a doc sucks too. I am about to load my family Office 364 up and use four additional "user names from my domain. Hope that works!

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

Don't be a PowerPoint user and expect the "free" suites to do anything like it.

Please click for Emails instead of PM
Mark & Dale
Joey - 2016 Bounder 33C Tige - 2006 40' Travel Supreme
Sparky III - 2021 Mustang Mach-e, off the the Road since 2019
Useful HDT Truck, Trailer, and Full-timing Info at
www.dmbruss.com

At one time there was a free version of Office 2010 included with some OEM systems.  Dubbed "Office Starter" it only included Word and Excel, but for many that was enough.  If I remember correctly it only works with Windows 7.  Now that 7 has reached the end of life I expect that Office 2010 Starter will fade away also.

Safe Travels...

Roger, K4RS and Toni, K1TS
Amateur Radio Operators - Motorcycle Riders (Harley Davidson Tri-Glide Ultra)

Fulltime from 2003-2016 - Now longtime RVers

On the road, living the dream...
Ford F-250 Super Duty 7.3 liter diesel and Forest River XLR Toyhauler. 

Position report via amateur radio

Caveat Emptor! I'm Contemplating using these guys after reading their worst reviews and answers. It could be a rip off but I'd rather have my own office not an annual subscription. https://www.softwaregiants.com/en_us/office-2016-home-student.html?msclkid=99586bc6bd751349114035dfde11d51d

https://www.bing.com/search?FORM=U528DF&PC=U528&q=are+software+giants+UK+selling+legitimate+software%3F

If you can't afford to lose the $39.99, don't try it.

Caveat Emptor!

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire