Problems with USPS delivering mail to Escapees?

21 minutes ago, testingwithfire said:

I haven't received any mail at my Escapees address in a while.

Also, USPS has started to send nastygrams to my bank about how my mailing address isn't valid.

Have you spoken to the bank about it? When you moved, did you make a change of address at the bank and all others who would be sending mail to you? Make sure that all of them have hour Escapee address and that the box and zip are accurate. If you want to test things, just mail a note or postcard to yourself at your Escapee address. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Have you logged into you bank and verified your mailing address on line.   Did you change it online?   If not, go that route and see if the solves the problem.   BTW - what is the bank sending you?   We haven't received anything via snail mail from our bank in probably 10 years.   Same with on investments, insurance, etc.   The only thing we get form Social Security is our 1099 and their update for the coming year for income and Part B insurance change.

Edited by Barbaraok

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
2002 Alpine 36 MDDS (Figment II), 2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
Blog: http://www.barbanddave.net
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

Before we changed to electronic statements, we received paper statements from our bank and brokerage to our Escapees address.  We never had an issue.  Make sure that they have the correct address, box number and zip code.  If they have an isse with the term BOX or the use of the # symbol, tell them it is an Apartment and use APT.

In 7 years, Escapees mail has been great.  Our issue is that the mail must first come through Houston's North Central distribution center for the USPS and they are not the best by a long shot.

Ken

Amateur radio operator, 2023 Cougar 22MLS, 2022 F150 Lariat 4x4 Off Road, Sport trim <br />Travel with 1 miniature schnauzer, 1 standard schnauzer and one African Gray parrot

It's certainly strange that you haven't received ANY MAIL; not just your banking mail.  You need to speak to a post office to find out why.  Your mail must be going somewhere.

Full-timed for 16 Years
Traveled 8 yr in a 2004 Newmar Dutch Star 40' Motorhome
and 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

First confirm with escapees that you have your correct address for the mail service. Then make sure you have given the others the correct address and that they have recorded it correctly. I have used the system since March 1997 with few problems.  I get maybe 2 or three items from 2 different credit uniions and one Visa bill  even though I do most of it on line I just like to get somethings on paper. 

I don't know your banks name or status, however federal credit union correspondence mail cannot be forwarded by law; that's what the USPS and DW's federal credit union told her. She must file a change of address with the FCU stating the new end-point mailing address.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

n

3 hours ago, Ray,IN said:

I don't know your banks name or status, however federal credit union correspondence mail cannot be forwarded by law; that's what the USPS and DW's federal credit union told her. She must file a change of address with the FCU stating the new end-point mailing address.

This is a better explanation of what may be happening. One problem I have found is the bank/credit union sends a notice to your "old" address to give you notice that your address on the account is being changed. The post office then forwards that notice to you if they have a valid forwarding address.   I think they are required to do this but I don't like it since it could be tossed or read and used by someone at your old address.  Of course when I changed to SKP mail service address it did not change again unless I requested a new address change.

13 hours ago, Ray,IN said:

But, if the OP is having all his mail sent directly to his Escapees' address, it's not being forwarded.  Now, it might be that the bank has a problem with using the Escapees' address since it does show up as a business address, but that's a different matter altogether.

LindaH
2014 Winnebago Aspect 27K
2011 Kia Soul

LindaH, federal bank/credit union requirements are different than non-government licensed banks. That was explained to my Linda by her FCU. I suspect your are right about the business address for an individual matter.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

34 minutes ago, Ray,IN said:

non-government licensed banks

What sort of bank is this? I am aware of both federal and state chartered banking. If you are thinking of the address requirements resulting from laws since 9/11, they apply to all financial institutions including brokerage firms.

It would appear that the person asking has not been back to see what responses he has had. 

Yea, I guess this is all moot anyway.

All I know about banks is, money in-money out when needed.

I used the  wrong word, should have said chartered but couldn't think of the correct terminology.  I was talking about a federal credit union( Naval Surface Warfare Center FCU). Non-governmental was used for that reason.

We receive forwarded mail from my nationwide bank, Linda does not receive forwarded mail from her FCU when we are on the road. Per her FCU customer service dept., they have different requirements. The USPS said by regulation they cannot forward her FCU mail.

Can I prove this, don't need to, it happens to us every time we direct the USPS to forward our mail.

Enough of that.

Merry Christmas to everyone on the forum!

3 hours ago, Ray,IN said:

Yea, I guess this is all moot anyway.

All I know about banks is, money in-money out when needed.

I used the  wrong word, should have said chartered but couldn't think of the correct terminology.  I was talking about a federal credit union( Naval Surface Warfare Center FCU). Non-governmental was used for that reason.

We receive forwarded mail from my nationwide bank, Linda does not receive forwarded mail from her FCU when we are on the road. Per her FCU customer service dept., they have different requirements. The USPS said by regulation they cannot forward her FCU mail.

Can I prove this, don't need to, it happens to us every time we direct the USPS to forward our mail.

Enough of that.

Merry Christmas to everyone on the forum!

Ray, Escapees doesn't 'forward' mail, they collect the mail, pack it all together and ship it to you.  Your mail is "received" at your 'mailing address'.   

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

8 hours ago, Barbaraok said:

Escapees doesn't 'forward' mail, they collect the mail, pack it all together and ship it to you.  Your mail is "received" at your 'mailing address'.   

Which is the same as most, if not all such services. The address you get from them becomes your legal address.

11 hours ago, Barbaraok said:

Ray, Escapees doesn't 'forward' mail, they collect the mail, pack it all together and ship it to you.  Your mail is "received" at your 'mailing address'.   

That's what I was trying to say, above, but you said it better!

However, in Ray's case, at least, it sounds like he has a permanent place of abode and when they travel, they put in a forwarding request with the USPS.  We do the same thing when we head south for the winter. 

I'm not clear on whether or not that's the OP's case, or if he's having all his mail sent directly to his Escapees' address like a fulltimer would do.

LindaH
2014 Winnebago Aspect 27K
2011 Kia Soul

6 hours ago, Kirk W said:

Which is the same as most, if not all such services. The address you get from them becomes your legal address.

Except for those who keep their house becoming long timers like RichFAA.

Linda Sand

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

• 2 weeks later...

MOVE YOUR MONEY.

It really is that simple.  If a company doesn't want my business, then I take it to another company who does want my business.   You are tilting at windmills when the obvious paths are in front of you, why?   And if you have millions or billions, then you've got tax attorneys that take care of these problems and you never see them.  

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834