Diesel fuel prices

noteven

Whatever the price is this year, I keep remembering 2012 prices. We were paying  ~$6/G (diesel)  U.S.A.equivalent in Canada. Alaska wasn't much less.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

California will be higher.  In May we paid $4.099/gallon in California.  Our most recent fill up was in New Mexico for $3.099.  Down the road from where we are in Arizona the station with big rig pumps wants $2.999.  

I also remember 2008, 2011 and 2012 prices, where we paid over $4 gallon everywhere including two $2K fuel months when we had to cross the country for obligations.   

2004 40' Newmar Dutch Star DP towing an AWD 2020 Ford Escape Hybrid, Fulltimer July 2003 to October 2018, Parttimer now.
Travels through much of 2013 - http://www.sacnoth.com - Bill, Diane and Evita (the cat)

16 hours ago, Ray,IN said:

Whatever the price is this year, I keep remembering 2012 prices. We were paying  ~$6/G (diesel)  U.S.A.equivalent in Canada. Alaska wasn't much less.

Yer safe to come visit Alberta again Ray it’s about US $3 / US gal give or take at the moment...

BC (Bring Cash) is more....

"Are we there yet?" asked no motorcycle rider, ever. 

I signed up with TSD Logistics and got their EFS fuel card.  It allows me to buy fuel at truck pumps at fleet prices.  This link shows prices at various truck stops across country, but retail and fleet price.  https://www.tsdlogistics.com/daily-rates/

Info on their program is here https://www.tsdlogistics.com/services/fuel-program/

Ron
2020 Ram Longhorn 6.7 4D SB
1989 Avion 34V

On 10/2/2019 at 2:49 PM, noteven said:

Yer safe to come visit Alberta again Ray it’s about US $3 / US gal give or take at the moment...

BC (Bring Cash) is more....

We were on track for a 2016 trek, however DW was in a wreck that nearly killed her in Feb. '16. She has never fully-recovered enough to withstand any long trip.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

43 minutes ago, Ray,IN said:

We were on track for a 2016 trek, however DW was in a wreck that nearly killed her in Feb. '16. She has never fully-recovered enough to withstand any long trip.

Oh no! Sorry to hear that...

"Are we there yet?" asked no motorcycle rider, ever. 

On 10/3/2019 at 1:08 PM, TexasPSDX said:

I signed up with TSD Logistics and got their EFS fuel card.  It allows me to buy fuel at truck pumps at fleet prices.  This link shows prices at various truck stops across country, but retail and fleet price.  https://www.tsdlogistics.com/daily-rates/

Info on their program is here https://www.tsdlogistics.com/services/fuel-program/

The rates link are password protected. 

What kind of discount % are you seeing as an average?

Plameris,  The rates are for card holders, not the general public.

The TSD Logistics firm has 115 trucks in their fleet.  They use the EFS fleet fuel card to allow their drivers to purchase diesel.  Turns out they can issue the EFS card to RVers allowing the RVer to have the same fleet discount their drivers get.

The discount TSD has worked out with Loves Truck Stops averages right at 50 cents.  The discount they get from TA and Petro truck stops is right at 40 cents.  All other truck pumps get the posted cash price.  So if Sam Jones truck stop advertizes diesel at $2.95, the EFS card purchases it at $2.95, not the credit price.  The card authorizes you to purchase up to 800 gallons (no cut off) at 60 gallons per minute fill rate, fast.

But if Loves across the highway advertizes Diesel at $2.95 cash, the card purchases it at about $2.45.  This will save you about $50 everytime you purchase 100 gallons of diesel.  Places with lesser expensive diesel will have car pumps at very slow fill rates and cut offs at $100 to $150.

TSD charges 10% of the discount as a fee for their service.  So if you save 50 cents per gallon at Loves, the fee is 5 cents.  But at Sam Jones with no discount the fee is ZERO, but you still get to purchase diesel there.  It saves to plan to need diesel when near a Loves.

TSD debits a checking account you provide to them the next business day after your diesel purchase.  No credit card fees involved so one needs to arrange for checking account for the diesel purchase.  My credit union gives me a free account that I use for these purchases.

When you purchase diesel with the TSD EFS card, TSD will pay for the diesel, period.  TSD is on the hook to Loves for the purchase.  If you do not ever pay for the diesel, TSD is out the money and you will have made the last purchase of diesel with their card.  This is not a credit card.

I have met the folks at TSD in Texarkana, TX and know they are swamped with RV signups since the card was offered to RVers earlier this year.  It will take 10 to 12 days after you sign up to get the call saying they are mailing your card to you.

This is a great deal for RVers.  Give it your serious consideration.

All the best to you all.

Edited by Trainer

Sorry, did not realize you needed the password.

What Trainer said above is correct.  The best discount I have experienced is price show was $2.88 and I paid $2.32.

I also met with the folks at TSD in Texarkana.  Very helpful and friendly.

Ron
2020 Ram Longhorn 6.7 4D SB
1989 Avion 34V