Escapee Discount Parks

I just checked with the Escapees business office on the availability of the printed parks directory. Here is the reply.

Thank you for your email. Unfortunately, the printed version of the discount park directory is no longer available.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

28 minutes ago, Kirk Wood said:

Thank you for your email. Unfortunately, the printed version of the discount park directory is no longer available.

Sure explains why I did not get one.  I think I will sort of miss it since I don't do smart phone or something and have to log on to my ancient lap top to check for parks which is difficult  for me when on the road.  I am not surpised though that it gone as things need to remain at least minimumally cost effective.

21 hours ago, bigjim said:

I think I will sort of miss it

We already do miss it. We travel with our laptops and are online nearly every stop, but we also prefer to travel for most of the day and then start to look for a campground depending upon where we happen to be at that point. I suppose I will have to break down and learn to do that from a smartphone. :(

If you travel with a desk top in your cab you can use their mapping program and it will map discount parks on your route but it doesn't work on anything else. Join Passport America  and their mapping app will work on your smart phone and map discounts parks along the route you are taking, every Escappees discount park is also a PA park plus PA was 10 times more parks and it will pay for itself in savings.

Denny 

Denny & Jami SKP#90175
Most Timing with Mac our Scottie, RIP Jasper our Westie
2013 F350 SC DRW 6.2 V8 4.30 Gears
2003 HH Premier 35FKTG Home Base Nebraska

I just called regarding a new Travel Guide. My current one is dated 2016. Told they are no longer available! Sorry to see them go since it was so handy to have in the truck when traveling or on my desk when making plans. Took a look at the version on the website and do not care for it. Guess I shouldn't be surprised. It's all about money now!

2006 Arctic Fox 32.5 Silver Edition fiver

2001 Dodge 1 ton Dually with Mods

2005 Ranger Bass Boat;

Blog site is www.mytripjournal.com/ontheroadwithrickandkaren

Wow. This is an RV Club. Not everyone who travels has WiFi. I would think that a printed book of the clubs own campgrounds would be a must for all members. I think management need to relook at this decision. 

2015 Itasca Ellipse 42QD

2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Hard Rock Edition

2021 Harley Street Glide Special 

Fulltimer

On 4/5/2018 at 1:13 PM, Rick & Karen said:

I just called regarding a new Travel Guide. My current one is dated 2016. Told they are no longer available! Sorry to see them go since it was so handy to have in the truck when traveling or on my desk when making plans. Took a look at the version on the website and do not care for it. Guess I shouldn't be surprised. It's all about money now!

Pretty sure it always has been . 

Goes around , comes around .

56 minutes ago, Twotoes said:

I think management need to relook at this decision. 

Have you told them? If not you should as member opinions do matter. I did and if enough do it will likely make a difference. If they would bring out a phone app that would go a long way to help. 

17 hours ago, Twotoes said:

Wow. This is an RV Club. Not everyone who travels has WiFi. I would think that a printed book of the clubs own campgrounds would be a must for all members. I think management need to relook at this decision. 

I think they need to sit down and take a long look at where they are heading in the future because it appears that catering to the rv base that supports it is the farthest thing from their mind. 

Denny 

Denny & Jami SKP#90175

I suspect the percent of members who don't have occasional internet access is getting smaller and smaller.  I just checked and I can print my own from the Escapees website, just bring up the discount directory and right click in my computer browser to get print.  It will require about 300 sheets of paper or about 150 double sided if your printer supports it.  

2004 40' Newmar Dutch Star DP towing an AWD 2020 Ford Escape Hybrid, Fulltimer July 2003 to October 2018, Parttimer now.
Travels through much of 2013 - http://www.sacnoth.com - Bill, Diane and Evita (the cat)

2 hours ago, D&J said:

I think they need to sit down and take a long look at where they are heading in the future because it appears that catering to the rv base that supports it is the farthest thing from their mind. 

Denny 

They are looking at changing demographics, which includes younger, working people with all the technology that goes along with that.  

Would be nice if they put the Escapee discount parks in an App like PPA does - easy to check on the phone going down the road.   In 5 yrs the number of people traveling without a smart phone of some type will be minuscule - so a business that wants to stay relevant will have to adapt to that.  

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
2002 Alpine 36 MDDS (Figment II), 2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
Blog: http://www.barbanddave.net
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

42 minutes ago, Barbaraok said:

They are looking at changing demographics, which includes younger, working people with all the technology that goes along with that.  

Would be nice if they put the Escapee discount parks in an App like PPA does - easy to check on the phone going down the road.   In 5 yrs the number of people traveling without a smart phone of some type will be minuscule - so a business that wants to stay relevant will have to adapt to that.  

So you say they are trying to change to younger people but they don't make their discount parks listings or maping available on any mobil device's :blink: I'm thinking the people in power should get out from behind their desks and see what us our in the real world are up to, we travel with two smart phones and use them all the time from the cab of the truck.

Denny 

Denny & Jami SKP#90175

3 minutes ago, D&J said:

I'm thinking the people in power should get out from behind their desks and see what us our in the real world are up to, we travel with two smart phones and use them all the time from the cab of the truck.

I would point out that these changes take time and especially so for an operation as small as the paid staff of Escapees is. I know that there is more coming and if you want a hint of what may be out there, compare the new website to the old one. While I do not know, I strongly suspect that changes to take advantage of smartphones and tablets are in the works. 

3 hours ago, D&J said:

So you say they are trying to change to younger people but they don't make their discount parks listings or maping available on any mobil device's :blink: I'm thinking the people in power should get out from behind their desks and see what us our in the real world are up to, we travel with two smart phones and use them all the time from the cab of the truck.

Denny 

Travis and Melanie Carr, members of Escapees management, are a young couple who RV. They know who their market is. I would not be at all surprised to learn that an app is in development.

Linda Sand

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

The new website design is much more mobile browser friendly than previously. I've found searching the online park directory quite easy using Chrome on my Android phone.

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system

I don’t think I have been on the Escapees web site but a couple of times a year. I do go be the forum a lot, just not on the web site. I realize that they may be trying to go after the younger market but they still need to support the older market who still use a campground book. I would never print out 300 pages. I can go to many PA campgrounds for $20 a night. I want to support the Escapees campgrounds but if I don’t know where they are because there is no directory, well then?

2015 Itasca Ellipse 42QD

2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Hard Rock Edition

2021 Harley Street Glide Special 

Fulltimer

If it is on line they can do new additions much quicker which is a plus.  I suspect I am in the minority at not have some type of smart phone or tablet but I have to admit I still think I personally prefer the printed one.  As has been said it all has to be cost effective..    I know I squawked pretty good when the SKP's  email went away as that was the first email I ever had or used up till then. I believe there was a mistake made that I think was an honest misjudgment  at the time by saying we would be able to keep them forever.  Depending on the size of the base and whatever other income sources they have to remain financially viable. We are all having basically the same discussion about funding and maintaining out public lands.

Archived