Future HDT owner introduction

Roger & Margaret

Hello everyone,

Let me introduce myself, my name is Roger, and my wife Margaret, and I live in San Jose, CA.  Last year we bought a new 5th wheel that is larger, and much heavier (GVWR 21,000) then anything else we have owned.

I have been interested in the idea of pulling our 5th wheel with an HDT for sometime, but quite frankly, our last 5th only weighted a little of 14,000 GVWR, and we thought an HDT was a bit overkill.

I have been reading this forum for a few months now, and I want to thank you all for all the great information.  I appreciate that new people are encouraged to ask questions, and I want to thank you all in advance for helping me with my questions.

As a side note, we will be attending this years National Rally, and I hope to meet, as many of you there as we can.

Roger and my wonderful wife Margaret
2016 Dodge Ram 3500 DRW
2017 Luxe 39fb 5th Wheel
Pioneer Camping Club
Wagon Masters

2016 Dodge Ram 3500 DRW
2017 Luxe 39fb 5th Wheel
Pioneer Camping Club
Wagon Masters

44 minutes ago, DesertMiner said:

This might be a bit closer.....2018 West Coast Rally 

I'd love to attend the West Coast Rally, but unfortunately, we have another commitment at that time.  I guess we will have to wait until October.  Besides, I'm looking forward to the longer road trip.

After 6 years retired, I agreed to come out of retirement (what was I thnking???), to run the family business.  However, when I was retired, we RV'ed in all 48 lower states.  Can't be on the road for 5 to 6 months at a time anymore, but love them road trips. :)

2016 Dodge Ram 3500 DRW
2017 Luxe 39fb 5th Wheel
Pioneer Camping Club
Wagon Masters

Welcome  Roger     There is no such thing as overkill when you are safely towing your dream! When you can sit in the cab and look over whatever is in front of you that really makes it nice. You will definitely feel much more comfortable after you get where you are going. So don't worry when you get to the National Rally you will be part of the community. Welcome to the right side.   Pat

The Old Sailor

Roger/Margaret.  Welcome! 

For the information of all, when we wrecked our Everest on the way to Las Vegas in Oct '16, we were on our way to meet up with other Everest owners, one of which was Roger and Margaret.  Since they were upgrading, we bought their Everest! Small world!

We hope to make the National HDT Rally as well. 

Cheers,  Chet

Chet & Deb
'01 Volvo 660 w/ Smart
'19 Forest River Columbus 320RS 5th wheel
2022 Chev 2500HD Long Bed
Retired CWO4, USN and federal service
Electronics Tech/Network Engineer/Welder/Machinist

1 hour ago, JPL said:

There is no such thing as overkill when you are safely towing your dream!

Can't argue with that.  Really looking forward to the National Rally!

17 minutes ago, NeverEasy said:

We hope to make the National HDT Rally as well.

Thanks Chet, we were hoping you guys were going to the National Rally.

2016 Dodge Ram 3500 DRW
2017 Luxe 39fb 5th Wheel
Pioneer Camping Club
Wagon Masters

Welcome aboard.  Too bad you can’t make the WCR.  It’s good to see some other CA residents on the forum.  I’m also in Northern California, a little farther north than you.  I work in Santa Rosa.

2000 Kenworth T2000 w/ Cummins N14 and autoshift
2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2022 DRV Full House MX450 with customized floor plan
2018 Polaris RZR Turbo S (fits in the garage)
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)
My First Solar Install Thread
My Second Solar Install Thread & Photos and Documents Related to the build
My MX450's solar, battery and inverter system - my biggest system yet!

chadheiser.com      West Coast HDT Rally Website

event.png    

AZCACOIDIAKSMNMOMTNENVNMNDOKSDTNTXUTWYxlg.jpg

Welcome.  Dena and I went to a Rally, encountered a great bunch of people who were willing to share info, give tours and even rides.

Less than a year later, we are now officially HDTers.  Highly recommend the rallies!!

After our first 500 mile round trip this week, we couldn't be happier.

2094790416_NewHorizonsmall.jpg.b597b886c0fa2457938fb2cfe3e6cd0b.jpg

2010 Freightliner, DD15 Eaton Ultrashift, 2015 New Horizons 5th Wheel.

Occupants - Dena/Brad/Hershey    BLOG LINK

500964784_statemapDec2020.jpg.66ea16945a2c1c745783b95e33e702c9.jpg

Howdy from Vegas! Welcome to the forum!

Saturday is one year of ownership for me on my semi, you can read my post that I just put up this morning. 

Lots of great people here as you will find out.

Just remember these are big boy toys. After buying mine I understood that old saying, "the only difference between men and boys are the price of their toys." Size of toys might also be added in because I had toy trucks growing up too. However I love mine and would not trade it for the world. I will say when I win the $7000.00 a week from publishers clearing house next week, I might re-think that LOL!

Later,

Vegas Teacher - Cory O

Archived