Detecting a air leak in a sealed system

Wrknrvr

Can a small air leak be detected in a sealed system. There is a small amount of air leaking out of the exhaust port on the treadle valve on our truck. 

I watched a YouTube video on testing the treadle valve for leaks. It shows how a air leak in the system can leak out at the treadle valve exhaust port.

that air leak is from a valve somewhere in the system. Can a Lnfineon whisperer detect the leak.

The line that is leaking is a red 1/2" line on the passenger side of the front part of the valve.

I am exhausted trying to read schematics to see where to look next.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts,.   Vern

Get some kids bubbles and a squirt bottle. My old 1984 Pete. with lots of air lines-power divider-air windshield wipers-trailer air -fifth wheel release-two sets of air horns and air operated transmission will hold air for week-suspension a month-seats forever. I've found lots of leaks this way. No plastic lines.

So today I may try to see if my whispered leak detector will pick up what valve is leaking.

If you follow the video and understand that the treadle valve is not bad. As with the one red line on the passenger side of the valve is passing air when it is disconnected and the treadle valve quits leaking air. So the problems the valve that is connected to that red line.

What diagrams I have looked at is not exactly specific to the line that is passing air.

Tired of thinking,.   Vern

OK Googled it.  Secondary, AKA front brakes. 

Go to the fitting on the top of the front brake relay valve and pull off the hose.  It should be the same one.  If air is leaking out then rebuild or replace valve.  If you don't have a relay valve then don't go there as a QR valve can't leak this way..  If that area isn't it then go to the tractor protection valve.  Find that red line and pull it off and see if that is the leaker.

Need to add this body builder guide to y'alls resource guide:

https://www.volvotrucks.ca/-/media/vtna/files/shared/body-builder/manuals/volvo_section-5-brakes.pdf/

Thanks for that info Srap.   I may get to that tomorrow as I am still working partime.

Yesterday I pulled into a job to look at an RV. When was walking towards my jeep there was a big puddle under the engine. So go find a water pump for a Chevy jeep Volvo vehicle and it took several attempts to get the right water pump.

Installed water pump and will test drive today. And do one job later today so it may be tomorrow till I get to look at the Volvo.

Thanks again for that info Srap,.   Vern

Archived