Shifter just for Jack

Scrap

Talked about for years, but finally the column shifter and "pinch" brake are finally out there gettin' bought!  Most commonly spotted on Paccar and Endurant transmissions, but can be had on Ultrashift Plus with the right vocational options.  Saw these pics of a truck on the lot in Phoenix.  Poor truck is crying out for a leather steering wheel though!

fe653231-8bf5-4f7d-8776-5fa70144da58.jpg

12df6c7a-bfce-419e-aaf0-cbc11d2db88a.jpg

24a47ce9-7e17-4e00-88ac-33919dad9c19.jpg

Scrap, you guys are making these things look, feel, and drive, more like cars every day. Next thing you know, women will be driving them.:ph34r:

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

Na Rick, they are why the HVAC knob goes clear up to 84 degrees! ^_^:D

Yea you can't build a highway truck without stability control anymore so the Johnson Bar doesn't really need a johnson anymore.  So it got a duck bill and got moved out of the way for something that will get more used.

10 hours ago, Scrap said:

. . . so the Johnson Bar doesn't really need a johnson anymore.

I guess that's the reason you were asking here a few years back whether anyone really used it.

At least you were able to "save" it.  Truckers maybe don't consider them essential these days, but they're really handy for RV service.

Phil

2002 Teton Royal Aspen

2003 Kenworth T2000 - Cat C12 380/430 1450/1650, FreedomLine, 3.36 - TOTO . . . he's not in Kansas anymore.

ET Air Hitch

7 hours ago, BlueLghtning said:

I like that. So is there a manual mode override option or any kind of button to manually change gears or hold a gear? 

Look at the bottom right of the shifter. It has the M/A switch and the pull the shift lever towards you or away to upshift and downshift.

2017 Kenworth T680
2015 DRV 38RSSA Elite Suites
2016 Smart Prime

56 minutes ago, beemergary said:

If it don't have 3 pedals its not a real truck.

It's sorta like pink.  Wearing it shows you're secure in your masculinity.:P

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

That might be why Phil....:ph34r:  RV/electric brake use it'll still work but with stability control or auto emergency braking or stop & go or any of that stuff is going to take a plumbing change.  Just when you get it figured out it all changes again.

Manual/auto button on the end, also has a momentary detent at the end of the engine brake positions that puts it in max mode - kinda sorta basically what was your cobrahead Low position but auto returns to drive or manual when you tip back into the throttle.

The manual trucks do get an engine brake stalk if optioned but it is kinda boring:

i0381942_3.jpg?_=-468868044&h=400&thn=0&

Nice. About time.  :)

Now I'm going to get flamed.... Freightliner is not really known for doing things "right"....but they sure got their autoshift right all those years ago...  :ph34r:

Jack & Danielle Mayer #60376 Lifetime Member
Living on the road since 2000

PLEASE no PM's. Email me. jackdanmayer AT gmail
2016 DRV Houston 44' 5er (we still have it)
2022 New Horizons 43' 5er
2016 Itasca 27N 28' motorhome 
2019 Volvo 860, D13 455/1850, 236" wb, I-Shift, battery-based APU
No truck at the moment - we use one of our demo units
2016 smart Passion, piggyback on the truck
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
See our website for info on New Horizons 5th wheels, HDTs as tow vehicles, communications on the road, and use of solar power
www.jackdanmayer.com
Principal in RVH Lifestyles. RVH-Lifestyles.com

1 hour ago, Jack Mayer said:

Nice. About time.  :)

Now I'm going to get flamed.... Freightliner is not really known for doing things "right"....but they sure got their autoshift right all those years ago...  :ph34r:

Yes but by getting that one thing right. Look how many things they did wrong. Used to love Driving Freightliners. Put 7200 miles in one per week 18 months. Driving and being  beaten to death in the sleeper.

Pete

event.png

Archived