Insurance Info

Rescue Duct

26 minutes ago, packnrat said:

cost is one thing.

but are any of these companys any good at producing results?

The Miller agency switched us to Progressive when Blue Sky exited the business (I don't believe National General will insure a MH owned by an LLC FWIW).  So far I've been impressed by the ease of dealing with Progressive on its website and over the phone.  I have to wait ~5 minutes to speak to someone but the people have all been quite helpful and efficient.

As for Miller, it is a big improvement compared to AIS Poliseek.

39 minutes ago, docj said:

As for Miller, it is a big improvement compared to AIS Poliseek.

Interesting comment as I have had excellent service from AIS for nearly 20 years. Different strokes, they say.

1 hour ago, packnrat said:

but are any of these companys any good at producing results?

Every one of those is an agency that I have personally spoken with multiple customers who are happy with their service and I suspect that you can find satisfied customers of each on these forums. Even so, I strongly advocate that you get quotes from at least two or three different agencies. It has long been my practice to get new quotes to compare to every three years If there are little savings by changing I tend to stay with the present underwriter since we also keep RV insurance with the disappearing deductible, which typically resets if you change insurance companies. 

2 hours ago, Kirk Wood said:

Interesting comment as I have had excellent service from AIS for nearly 20 years. Different strokes, they say.

I've never had a problem with AIS, but when I had to transition from Blue Sky to another carrier the service I got from Roxanne at Miller was significantly more thorough and professional than what I got from AIS.  Instead of giving me an "instant quote" Roxanne took several days and came back with an offer that was several hundred dollars a year less than what AIS had quoted for the same company, Progressive.  Not to say that Roxanne was perfect (for example, she forgot to offer me the opportunity to save money by using a Snapshot device) but, overall, I felt she did a better job and her quote is saving me ~$500/year.

Furthermore, in the couple of months since we worked out the details of the transition to Progressive, I've had a couple of reasons to need to email her about minor issues.  In all cases I received a prompt personal response.  I always got responses from AIS but they were from staff members who didn't know me or anything about my policies.  I like the personal approach!

On 12/26/2017 at 6:09 PM, docj said:

the service I got from Roxanne at Miller was significantly more thorough and professional than what I got from.....

In all cases I received a prompt personal response.

docj and I have a combined 2700 posts and I think this is probably the first one we agree on. Roxanne was by far the best agent I have ever dealt with as far as thoroughness and immediate replies. 

We have used Progressive for several years for all our insurance needs. We do check around for the best rates  for the SAME coverage every couple of years .We can always get coverage for less $$ but less $$ is not the primary reason we choose a carrier.Progressive provides us the coverage we  feel we need at a price we feel is fair.

On 12/29/2017 at 10:00 PM, Jim Seward said:

Been insured by Foremost Insurance Co. on both first and current coach for 22 years and have enjoyed prompt no hassle claim service and no increase in premium.

Based on my experience with Foremost I highly recommend them.

Good luck with your choice of an insurer and safe travels.....:)

I had Foremost for over 20 years also. When I bought my new trailer they wanted to triple my rates.  I sent a copy of my declaration page to Miller Ins and got identical coverage for less then the old Foremost policy through National General.