Big5er and Other Folks in Texas

SuiteSuccess

That Mini Cooper isn't even up to the tail lights, looks like the weather is finally moving out.     Stay safe and I hope things improve rapidly.  

Steve   

2005 Peterbilt 387-112 Baby Cat 9 speed U-shift

1996/2016 remod Teton Royal Atlanta

1996 Kentucky 48 single drop stacker garage project

catdiesellogo.jpg.e96e571c41096ef39b447f78b9c2027c.jpg Pulls like a train, sounds like a plane....faster than a Cheetah sniffin cocaine.   

Lol, Steve I have a picture from about 45 minutes later of that Mini floating back toward the overpass. It just doesn't have as much background since I had my phone turned the other way.

Did I mention that the river is actually 2 more exits down the freeway?

MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE.
~It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.~

2005 Volvo 780 VED12 465hp / Freedomline transmission
singled mid position / Bed by Larry Herrin
2018 customed Mobile Suites 40KSSB3 

2014 smart Fortwo

Phil, here is wishing you the best of luck in this terrible weather. When and if you get the chance to dry out you are welcome in Vegas any time. As V.F. said it is like the surface of the sun out here. My wife's garden is dead and we are throwing away good money I could be spending on the giant orange Volvo on plants to kill instead. But you got to keepem happy right?

Later Cory Ossana 

On 8/29/2017 at 8:27 PM, Big5er said:

I hope nobody wants to go east through Houston. This is I-10 East at the 785 exit looking toward the San Jacinto river at 5pm today. 

That levee looking thing in the middle is the concrete retaining wall between the westbound and eastbound lanes. 

20170829_085439-XL.jpg

Better get those signs up. Seen a video, lady truck driver had gotten stuck. And was crying because there was no signs telling her to not drive through. Sad when our nation needs signs to tell them when to drive.

Be safe and try to stay damp. That beats soaking wet.Its hitting us here in West Tn again this evening and tomorrow. Some spots here can get a foot of rain. Some Monday got 10"

Pete

event.png

Hey Phil how are you doing so far. Just wanted to check that you are still OK down there. Dred put out a post that you were not coming home and feeding her as often as she would like.

Brad 

Brad and Jacolyn
Tucker the Wonder dog and Brynn the Norfolk Terrier
2009 Smart "Joy"
2004 VNL630 "Vonda the Volvo"
2008 Hitch Hiker 35 CK Champagne Edition
VED12 465 HP, Freedomline, 3.73 ratio, WB 218"
Fulltiming and loving it.

I hope we get some reports of our "clan" members who were in the area to make sure they're all ok.  So sad, so much damage and heartbreak for so many people.  I hope all our members are doing ok.  Big5er - I know many are waiting to hear that you're ok and more or less dried out now...  Cyber hugs to all those involved in any way.

Sharon

Richard & Sharon

For Sale - 2005 Freightliner Century RV Hauler

Truck-for-sale-smaller.jpg

Hi Sharon. We are almost back to "normal" here. I live closer to the Gulf on this side of the county and we drained quickly. Now it's just time for cleanup. We have roads that are just gone. There are simply holes the size of swimming pools where intersections used to be. I saw a motorhome in a tree the other day. Sad but interesting to see.

I came through with no damage to truck or trailer. Now that its over I get to look forward to the paycheck with overtime on it. Sure is gonna make the vacation fund grow :)

I know Glenn is in the area and I think he is safe and sound also.

2014 smart Fortwo

10 minutes ago, Big5er said:

Hi Sharon. We are almost back to "normal" here. I live closer to the Gulf on this side of the county and we drained quickly. Now it's just time for cleanup. We have roads that are just gone. There are simply holes the size of swimming pools where intersections used to be. I saw a motorhome in a tree the other day. Sad but interesting to see.

I came through with no damage to truck or trailer. Now that its over I get to look forward to the paycheck with overtime on it. Sure is gonna make the vacation fund grow :)

I know Glenn is in the area and I think he is safe and sound also.

You did get a picture of the camper in the tree didn't you??

Glad your safe and dry, looking forward to seeing you in Hutch, as we did not get to meet up over labor day, something came up as you well know.

Roger

GCTaaehl.jpg

Life back to normal for us, no flooding or damage. Did have a small leak I had to correct. Never leaked prior. Amazing what 50+ inches of rain will reveal. Lol. Is a lot of heart breaking sights around. Piles of flooring, furniture, etc. We limiting our trips though. Have not seen what Phil has. Grocery store and work for us.

2003 Teton Grand Freedom towed with 2006 Freightliner Century 120 across the beautiful USA welding pipe.https://photos.app.goo.gl/O32ZjgzSzgK7LAyt1

Glad to hear at least a couple of you guys are doing ok.  Big5er, what do you do?  Fire dept, Search & Rescue, Police, EMS, or something else "first responder"?  If any of these, then the area residents owe you a big thank you, along with countless other wonderful service oriented folks!  GlennWest - glad you didn't have much damage.

Richard & Sharon

Looking forward to seeing y'all Brad. 

Sharon, Thank You.
I work for the Sheriff's Department. There were thousands of us (first responders of all kinds) doing the job we all do, just a bit more of it last week. 

2014 smart Fortwo

Phil     We are so glad you are safe and well. Are you dry? Is 10 passable? Glad the Truck and RV are good.  Now we have to pray for all of those in Florida so when they get to go home they have something to call home! Thank you and the rest of all those 1st responders that gave so much to help any and ALL people! Stay safe and God Bless.     Pat

The Old Sailor

25 minutes ago, JPL said:

Now we have to pray for all of those in Florida

FYI I spoke with relatives in south Miami and Orlando today. Power and phone service were spotty today. The tap water is fine. No damage to report in Miami, trees and carport damage in Orlando. 

Kevin and June

2013 Volvo VNL 730    D13 Eco-Torque @ 425  Ratio 2.47 

2014 DRV 36TKSB3 

Signature.jpegmKgUJbbl.jpg

Yes, looks like FL needs even more prayers than TX did!  Thank you Phil and all the first responders for you wonderful and life saving service.  I pray for a relatively quick recovery for all those who had damage.  Such devastation - so sad.

Sharon

Richard & Sharon

Archived