HDT sighting Franklin, TN

lockmup68

going to a meeting for work at the Hampton Inn this morning and this was in the parking lot. Saw a family walk out and get in, couple and three kids. Michigan plates. Spacecraft maybe? Looked ~45fter or so. Sorry I was tied up and couldn't say hi. Anybody on the forum.

270CD19C-E1DA-4B57-B3AF-C0FD0468394E_zps

2003 International Eagle 9200i, Cummins ISX, Freedomline

2007 Teton Scottsdale XT4

If that was in the parking lot at the Hampton Inn in Franklin TN., he has some excellent driving skills. That parking lot is too small for a rig that size.

cool springs, big parking lot and plenty of space to turn around next to Granite City. Especially early in morn.

I agree not Spacecraft with corrugated sides. Carnival folks maybe? Or cleanup after tornado yesterday?

2006 Volvo 780 "Hoss" Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

Bed Build by "JW Morgan's Custom Welding"

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

2013 Smart Passion Coupe "Itty Bitty"

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

I agree not Spacecraft with corrugated sides. Carnival folks maybe? Or cleanup after tornado yesterday?

It was a couple and 3 kids. Looked like they were checking out of the hotel. No other rigs around. Didn't look like carnies.

It was a couple and 3 kids. Looked like they were checking out of the hotel. No other rigs around. Didn't look like carnies.

Neat. Looks like plenty of room. BTW you ok from the storms?

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

I'd say close to 60' just for the trailer. I wonder if the rearmost "slide" is actually a side loading, drop down door for a toy hauler?

Would suspect with only 2ac's

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

So I'm wondering what exactly you expect a carnie to "look" like? By carnie you mean someone who lives and works on the road full time? Kind of like most of the folks on this forum?

So I'm wondering what exactly you expect a carnie to "look" like? By carnie you mean someone who lives and works on the road full time? Kind of like most of the folks on this forum?

The rig, gear, and folks didn't look like they were carnies, Just looked like a family rig. Typically, carnies travel together as well. Known a few over the years and just didn't fit the profile of people I know who were in the biz. I could be wrong.

Wow....a handful to park in most camp areas....would be limited to RV parks for sure...

NO disrespect to Carnies, but usually their rigs are not that new.

Also curious, with a rig like that why stay in a motel ??
Cheers,

Bob

1989 Safari Serengeti 34'
Towing a 1952 M38A1 Military Willys

Past HDT owner

Archived