Thank You BMZero

SuiteSuccess

As many of you know BMZero was given a job opportunity which he just couldn't refuse. The duties of that job have prompted him to place his HDT adventures on hold for several years and he is selling his truck and trailer. As many of you also know, like several others on this forum, he has been a brilliant innovator, developing a modular bed design, his own design for an air ride hitch, and other ideas that he has not listed. I privately thanked him for his contributions but would like to publicly do it also. Hope he continues to drop by and offer fresh prospectives on processes and technological issues. We need young, fresh input.

2006 Volvo 780 "Hoss" Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

Bed Build by "JW Morgan's Custom Welding"

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

2013 Smart Passion Coupe "Itty Bitty"

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

As many of you know BMZero was given a job opportunity which he just couldn't refuse. The duties of that job have prompted him to place his HDT adventures on hold for several years and he is selling his truck and trailer. As many of you also know, like several others on this forum, he has been a brilliant innovator, developing a modular bed design, his own design for an air ride hitch, and other ideas that he has not listed. I privately thanked him for his contributions but would like to publicly do it also. Hope he continues to drop by and offer fresh prospectives on processes and technological issues. We need young, fresh input.

X2. I also like to see what Brit comes up with. He is like some of the young engineers that I use to work with before I retired. I always liked thinking outside of the box. These are the kind of people that make projects interesting and fun.

I wish you the best. Like Carl said, please check in every so often.

Al

2012 Volvo VNL 630 w/ I-Shift; D13 engine; " Veeger "
  Redwood, model 3401R ; 5th Wheel Trailer, " Dead Wood "
    2006 Smart Car " Killer Frog "

X6 and don't forget BMZero, you are always welcome at the rally even if you do not have a truck and trailer.

Dave

2005 Freightliner Century S/T, Singled, Air ride ET Jr. hitch
2019 46'+ Dune Sport Man Cave custom 5th wheel toy hauler
Owner of the 1978 Custom Van "Star Dreamer" which might be seen at a local car show near you!

Check out http://www.hhrvresource.com/

for much more info on HDT's.

I'll do x7 Brit. I have enjoyed watching your build of Willy Mammoth and all of the work you have done. It seemed to me everything you did ended up a work of art. We only got to meet at the ECR and that just wasn't enough time. So as with everyone else we wish you the best of luck and hope that your new adventure works out for you and your family. Drop us a line every once in a while. Hope to see you at a rally again. God Bless. Pat

The Old Sailor

X10..........Zero=10......(new math of sorts).......

Oh to rewind the clock........so many job offers and so little time or.....very little sleep in zero's case.....where would the world be if only us old geezers were all that was left.

Sounds like Zero might be the key for some lucky firm to step up to date he next level or more......we know he is more than just a pretty face....he has a sharp mind and moxie to follow a concept to hardware, not everyone has that gift.

IF zero survives Five years with almost no sleep I would venture to bet that my prediction that he I'll design and build his own 5er will come to pass so..........I guess a bunch of old geezers will just hang on and see if we are around when we behold of the second chapter of Zero (double-zero).

Ok zero get out there and save the world......

..(bunch of geezers saved the world ........but it's a never ending job for young folks)!

Drive on.........(remember.......Zero is a big number)

97 Freightshaker Century Cummins M11-370 / 1350 /10 spd / 3:08 /tandem/ 20ft Garage/ 30 ft Curtis Dune toybox with a removable horse-haul-module to transport Dolly-The-Painthorse to horse camps and trail heads all over the Western U S

I also would like to join in and thank Brit for all he has done for the HDT class, great ideas and even greater works of art. Good luck on your new job and visit us often.

2017 River Stone Legacy 38MB

2001 T2000 Kenworth

2009 Smart Passion

ET Junior hitch

Wow. I really appreciate all of the kind words, more than you know. I have greatly enjoyed the camaraderie here and the inspiration and advice for my projects.

Hopefully when someone buys my truck, they'll continue to go to the rallies and I can swing by and check in on it from time to time.

My current plan is to continue to contribute to the forum here and possibly even work on some customer trucks if time allows. Right now, I'm working the new job and running my company simultaneously, so there isn't much time left at the end of the day. However, when things get ironed out with the new position and the responsibilities of my current role within my company have been transitioned, I hope to have a little more free time in the evenings and weekends, especially with the truck and most of the RZR's out of the shop. Trimming down the toys is the current goal.

As Dolly mentioned above, I have already started thinking about building my 5er. It will definitely require a HDT when it's finished, so I suspect another truck is in my not so near future.

I still have a few hair brained ideas that may popup with some Solidworks renderings here on the forum.

"Willy Mammoth" - Volvo 730, Sold

Heartland Cyclone 4000 Toy Hauler
T-Minus 26 years and counting to being a full timer.

Just remember, Brit, my offer still stands. There's nothing worse for a diesel engine than to sit and have time go by. :)

2012 F350 KR CC DRW w/ some stuff
2019 Arctic Fox 32-5M
Cindy and Tom, Kasey and Maggie (our Newfie and Berner)
Oh...I forgot the five kids.

• 4 weeks later...

I saw the video f the air hitch, one while going down the road and one while in your shop raising and lowering. Can it be used at whatever height you need or is that just the air bags inflating? Very sharp. Would like to use that design in my hdt when I get it. Very sharp!

Thanks.

It does have some variation in the ride height, but the air bags are designed to perform best within a specific extension range. As long as you stay within that range, they will work well.

"Willy Mammoth" - Volvo 730, Sold

Heartland Cyclone 4000 Toy Hauler
T-Minus 26 years and counting to being a full timer.

Archived