How to Make it Rain

Wash and wax your RV.....

Cleaned the truck and home yesterday and today. Washed, waxed, cleaned the roof and areas above the slides, got some pine sap off the RV as well as the truck, RainXed all the windows, even cleaned the inside of all the compartment doors....

And it's raining.....

Alie & Jim + 8 paws

2017 DRV Memphis 

BART- 1998 Volvo 610

Lil'ole 6cyl Cummins

If it rains I like to put on my rain coat, brush away. I like the rain rinse. I have never been told to stop by doing that.

Clay

2016 MS 38PS3

Clay & Marcie Too old to play in the snow

Diesel pusher and previously 2 FW and small Class C

How come that didn't work for me. I washed and waxed and it...dusted.

That seems to be the case here in MI as well. It seems that they have a major drought in progress. The most they have had in some time is a few little sprinkles and that just makes the dust stick more!

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

I may have said this here before but one of my favorite car wash signs was a bunch of kids washing cars in the rain to make money for their church. The sign said, "We wash; God rinses."

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

Jim and Allie,

I'm still trying to figure out how you can wax your truck and coach in 2 days. I don't work hard (maybe 5-6 hours) a day and it usually takes me about 5 days to do the rig and a day and half on the truck. I admit to being a bit anal about things, (I don't do the roof top anymore) but I must be doing something wrong. Oh well. rockin'

'12 Excel Limitied 33ft GKE Full Timing '14 Chev 3500 CC DRW D/A named Bullet

Rockin-

I get kicked out the door around 7am and get told don't bother me..... Lunch is at 12 if you're hungry....

Actually, it's not too bad for me. 5gl bucket and brush with a couple of rags thrown in. Did the truck first, starting at the top, down the cab, across the hood, and around the bed...... take break...... While the truck is backed to the RV, I can stand on the truck bed and wash the front cap. With the brush on an extension pole, I can reach all the way to the roof except for the area over the slides, so if I'm climbing the ladder, I'm doing a quick clean on the roof as well. Haul the bucket up, hand wash the areas above the slides, hit the AC covers, and work front to back... climb down take break.

By this point, I'm usually wet enough that she takes pity on me and brings me some tea.

To wash everything is 6-8 hours of working when folks stop and ask me about the truck that just adds time.

But where we are sitting is at the end of a dead end row, so most folks won't walk down here unless they are really curious.

Wax is usually the next day.... I don't do the roof of the truck, but i do 1 side at a time, wax on, wax off.

I cheated on the RV this past time and used a spray wax, spray on, wipe off..... we'll see how long it lasts.

If there's time I'll RainX the windows (I did this time). On the big back glass of the 5'er, it really helps when it rains when traveling. Most of the road crude will hose off. Truck windows always get Rain X.

And by now, I'm usually tired enough to sit and be quiet in my recliner like a good husband. Nothing taken apart to be made better, nothing "Found" that needs to be upgraded....

Just a shiny truck and RV.............. Until it rains

Alie & Jim + 8 paws

2017 DRV Memphis 

BART- 1998 Volvo 610

Lil'ole 6cyl Cummins

Thanks for all the detail. I'm told I'm a bit of a fuss-budget. I do the "cinch by inch, hard by the yard" method. As I get older standing on the ladder is getting rougher on my calves and feet. One of these days I know I'll have to leave it to someone else to do and that'll be rough, but I'll make it. Folks watching me do my rig day after day say they want to me to do theirs......yeah right....I don't think so. I wouldn't do it for $500. that's for sure. I only wax it twice a year now. I used to do it more often, but not no more! Oh, I'll do the front and rear cap more often just to keep the oxidation down. The gelcoat seems to hold it own.

'12 Excel Limitied 33ft GKE Full Timing '14 Chev 3500 CC DRW D/A named Bullet

Archived