Update on Storm!

Ran n Jo

Hello All! As many of you know, we will be getting our truck soon. We just got news that our truck, Storm, is ready and will be delivered in the next few weeks. Thanks so much to those of you in the HDT community who were such a big help especially Jim, Jack, and most importantly, Gregg!

Enjoy!

https://youtu.be/iqadyRTlMJo

Storm is one sweet truck! It really shows you what can be done if you find the RIGHT truck and really make an effort to "do it right".

Jack & Danielle Mayer #60376 Lifetime Member
Living on the road since 2000

PLEASE no PM's. Email me. jackdanmayer AT gmail
2016 DRV Houston 44' 5er (we still have it)
2022 New Horizons 43' 5er
2016 Itasca 27N 28' motorhome 
2019 Volvo 860, D13 455/1850, 236" wb, I-Shift, battery-based APU
No truck at the moment - we use one of our demo units
2016 smart Passion, piggyback on the truck
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
See our website for info on New Horizons 5th wheels, HDTs as tow vehicles, communications on the road, and use of solar power
www.jackdanmayer.com
Principal in RVH Lifestyles. RVH-Lifestyles.com

Ran n Jo, that is one SWEET looking truck.

I couldn't help but notice the clear faced LED tail lights. They are bright and look great but the one thing that clear lenses do not have built in is the red reflector that all vehicles are required to have on each side. You might wanna look into that.

Hope to see Storm in person someday. Safe Travels.

MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE.
~It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.~

2005 Volvo 780 VED12 465hp / Freedomline transmission
singled mid position / Bed by Larry Herrin
2018 customed Mobile Suites 40KSSB3 

2014 smart Fortwo

Very nice. I like the bike racks in the drom.

2000 Kenworth T2000 w/ Cummins N14 and autoshift
2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2022 DRV Full House MX450 with customized floor plan
2018 Polaris RZR Turbo S (fits in the garage)
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)
My First Solar Install Thread
My Second Solar Install Thread & Photos and Documents Related to the build
My MX450's solar, battery and inverter system - my biggest system yet!

chadheiser.com      West Coast HDT Rally Website

event.png    

AZCACOIDIAKSMNMOMTNENVNMNDOKSDTNTXUTWYxlg.jpg

I really like the bike racks in the drom. That's the aspect that'll become my biggest challenge "when" it's time to get an HDT: hauling our tandem bicycle. I'm still struggling to figure out how to carry it somehow, preferably enclosed. If I do it standing up in a drom, I have to do an 8' tall drom, and have to find a way to climb up another 2' or so to be able to deposit/extract the forks from a fork mount. If I want to do it horizontal, I have to make the drom run the entire width of the cab, so filling the fuel tanks becomes a concern, as does bed space, as I'm hoping to load a standard vehicle (VW Jetta, or perhaps Mercedes E-class) from the rear if the fifth wheel will be empty. Ugh.

Peety, I would re-think the loading of something like a Jetta on your truck. The reason is because both my kids have older (2006) Jettas and I have a 2012 Jetta Sportwagon and all three are 15' long. By the time you get the hitch mounted you are going to have one loooooong truck. I thought about doing that and decided that I don't want a truck that long.

It'd always be an either-or situation: carry a car, or pull a trailer. I'll reconfirm overhang laws when the time comes, but I'm only concerned with enough bed length to get the nose of the car and four wheels/tires onto the bed and strapped down; if some junk in the trunk hangs out the back, so be it. I also plan to remain tandem, and will likely keep the commercial hitch (held in a level position when parking a car on top).

Very Slick Looking Ride! Love that Bumper...

June, Walter (Princess and Czar-our Shihtzu and Rottweiler) The Security Team 24/7

2000 Volvo 770, VED12-465hp-1.94 Million Kms and Counting,Eaton-Fuller manual stick 13...
232"WB_Twin Screw , 24.5" Rubber, 2011-Passion-Smart Car - 37RL Cardinal, 2KW Solar PV

"Enjoying Life" - Currently Semi-Retired..In the Summer I Drive a Semi...In the Winter I'm Retired"

Archived