Upscale RV Park in works

wildmandmc

When it flops they'll start "allowing" SCUM like me in a 5th wheel to come in. What a bunch of snobs!

AND they might make it 55 & older so that OLD scum like you can get in LOL!!

Dave & Diane

2020 New Horizon Majestic  5th wheel

2018 Ram 5500

2014 Tiffin Phaeton 42LH (SOLD)
2012 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited (SOLD)

http://daveanddiane.wordpress.com/

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWqRmO1rO4cu3rFANF1iG6Q

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10752;80/st/20120701/e/Went+fulltime/dt/-2/k/271f/event.png

I would not go to one of those "exclusive" parks if it was free! Not our kind dear.

Dennis & Nancy
Tucson, AZ in winter, on the road in summer.

1999 Volvo 610 "Bud" 425 HP Volvo, Super 10 spd.
2005 Mountain Aire 35 BLKS
2013 smart fortwo CityFlame riding on Bud
(Replaced '05 smart first loaded in '06

and '11 smart that gave it's life to save me!)
Our Travel Blog

According to RVIA deliveries of Class A's are ~2k/mo across the entire US. Although that sounds like a lot, it's just 40/state/month. If you're looking at the >$400k types talked about in the news article, the number is much, much smaller.

The heyday of Class A shipments was before the 2008 recession but these coaches are aging and some are lost to accidents, fire, age, etc, every month. My question is simply, is the Class A ownership group large enough to build a sustainable business? I can see how you might get enough people to buy the sites, but if you're renting them you need a much larger customer basis.

I would be interested in the business model.

Sandie & Joel

2000 40' Beaver Patriot Thunder Princeton--425 HP/1550 ft-lbs CAT C-12
2014 Honda CR-V AWD EX-L with ReadyBrute tow bar/brake system
WiFiRanger Ambassador
Follow our adventures on Facebook at Weiss Travels

It doesn't bother me that there are places like this. To each his own. If this will make somebody happy, more power to them.

I view this like Neiman Marcus. I don't shop there, but it doesn't offend me that others do.

Everybody wanna hear the truth, but everybody tell a lie.  Everybody wanna go to Heaven, but nobody want to die.  Albert King

It doesn't bother me that there are places like this. To each his own. If this will make somebody happy, more power to them.

I view this like Neiman Marcus. I don't shop there, but it doesn't offend me that others do.

Exactly my feelings. They can try to develop anything they want. There are some exclusive parks that do well, but for the most part if you look at the campground industry these types of parks struggle. But no sweat off of me...I would not go to a park charging in excess of $50/night no matter what. There is simply nothing worth that much money to me unless it was a specialty destination park like Fort Wilderness.....as an example.

Jack & Danielle Mayer #60376 Lifetime Member
Living on the road since 2000

PLEASE no PM's. Email me. jackdanmayer AT gmail
2016 DRV Houston 44' 5er (we still have it)
2022 New Horizons 43' 5er
2016 Itasca 27N 28' motorhome 
2019 Volvo 860, D13 455/1850, 236" wb, I-Shift, battery-based APU
No truck at the moment - we use one of our demo units
2016 smart Passion, piggyback on the truck
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
See our website for info on New Horizons 5th wheels, HDTs as tow vehicles, communications on the road, and use of solar power
www.jackdanmayer.com
Principal in RVH Lifestyles. RVH-Lifestyles.com

To each his own.

Ron & Linda

Class of 2007
2000 Monaco Diplomat

2005 Honda Element

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are" Theodore Roosevelt

"We can't control the wind, but we can adjust our sail"

"When man gave up his freedom to roam the earth, he gave up his soul for a conditioned ego that is bound by time and the fear of losing its attachments."

LOL LOL LOL LOL

An upscale RV community at the edge of a very low scale community. That is really rich!!

Yes, Bill Joyce, this is the same community!!

Up until a few years ago, you could not even park you pick up truck outdoors, at your own house!

You can dress up a pig as pretty as you like, but it is still a pig.

The developer will sell lots, make money, and then be gone with the wind. Never to be seen again.

Camping Rig:

2005 Dodge 3500 - Dually- Cummins

2006 Outback 27 RSDS

Two rescue dogs: A Catahoula mix & a Chihuahua mix.

Fulltimer since 2006

We have been fulltime and traveling for 3 years now and have stayed in Class A only parks twice (Once at Hilton Head and once in Polson). Is it something we look for, no, are we out here to see and experience new things, yes, did I poor my beer instead of drinking it out of the bottle, no, did I have remorse after leaving about spending the money, a little LOL!!

I did enjoy looking and what people were doing with there lots design wise mostly I think. We will probably at some point we either own or lease a lot and want to fix it up nicely and I got some good ideas while looking around.

Dave & Diane

2020 New Horizon Majestic  5th wheel

2018 Ram 5500

2014 Tiffin Phaeton 42LH (SOLD)
2012 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited (SOLD)

http://daveanddiane.wordpress.com/

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWqRmO1rO4cu3rFANF1iG6Q

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10752;80/st/20120701/e/Went+fulltime/dt/-2/k/271f/event.png

Archived