Our Newest Luxury Coach HDT Member

Jack Mayer

Well, since nobody guessed who my neighbor is in Summerdale here is the photo album introduction. There were no winners in the "contest". The un-won prize was to be a WiFiRanger router. :)

Here is a 100+ photo album of the super nice setup of Ken and Cindy Leavelle. They pronounce the last name as Level...I'd use the French version, myself, after living in Quebec for years.

You will be blown away by the pictures....the trailer is very nice - on par with ours. The truck is VERY nice - Gregg built them a super hauler. But the motorcycle is incredible. And I mean really FABULOUS. My pictures do not do it justice at ALL.

LINK

Jack & Danielle Mayer #60376 Lifetime Member
Living on the road since 2000

PLEASE no PM's. Email me. jackdanmayer AT gmail
2016 DRV Houston 44' 5er (we still have it)
2022 New Horizons 43' 5er
2016 Itasca 27N 28' motorhome 
2019 Volvo 860, D13 455/1850, 236" wb, I-Shift, battery-based APU
No truck at the moment - we use one of our demo units
2016 smart Passion, piggyback on the truck
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
See our website for info on New Horizons 5th wheels, HDTs as tow vehicles, communications on the road, and use of solar power
www.jackdanmayer.com
Principal in RVH Lifestyles. RVH-Lifestyles.com

Ken and Cindy, welcome to the HDT forum. What an incredible rig you have......it is beyond awsome. I hope you have many years and miles of enjoyment with it. Would love to see you at the ECR in Crossville, TN in April if you can make it. Happy trails, Charlie P.S.-Jack, thanks for the fabulous photos of this exceptional rig.....

Don't ever tell a soldier that he doesn't understand the cost of war.

Fabulous! How long is that when all hooked up?

I don't know, but more than 65'. And it will be even longer with the hauler body designed for both a smart OR the bike/trailer. My truck is 30' and this setup will be a minimum of 18" longer on the truck body.

See our website for info on New Horizons 5th wheels, HDTs as tow vehicles, communications on the road, and use of solar power
www.jackdanmayer.com

Since there is an unclaimed prize.....I'll guess 75' 2". :)

There is no prize for length, Rick ;) But if I see you this summer we can have a "discussion". I want to see that finished bed in action....

www.jackdanmayer.com

Good looking rig. Lot's of things I really liked.

Rod

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2022 Jeep Wrangler Sport S Two door hard top.

2007 Honda GL 1800

2013 Space Craft Mfg S420 Custom built Toyhauler

The Gold Volvo is still running and being emptied in July. 

Ken & Cindy:

Welcome to forum group. Head turning setup, hard to think what more one could ask for.

May your travels be both fun and safe. Dave & Jenney :)

Yamaha V-Star
2007 Kenworth T2000 tandem aircutter
ThermoKing TriPack
2003 Holiday Rambler 36' Presidential
short trips-88 Allegro on Astro

Does the CC have 8K axles with disk brakes/solar/inverter/ how many batteries? You missed some of the good stuff. :)

Mor/Ryde IS, Dexter disc brakes, 9K axles. I'll put the rest of the infrastructure on the pictures today sometime.

www.jackdanmayer.com

Thanks everyone for your warm comments and remarks regarding our newly built rig, but more important THANK YOU for the information and insights we gained from this site over the years we have been lurking here. Many of the things we incorporated into our truck and coach came directly from this forum and we found it to be very helpful in the selection of the truck from Gregg Shields from RV Haulers and selection of the trailer from Forks RV.

After selling our house and possessions, we started our full time adventure in our coach on Jan 17th pulling out of Forks RV parking lot in 0 degree weather. On that same day I retired from working in the insurance industry for 35 years and we headed south. As you all know meeting up with Jack and Danielle has been a wonderful surprise and a great learning experience for us. We have gained so much knowledge and enjoyed their company this week very much. We are new to camping, neither of us had camped since we were teenagers and neither of us had driven an a HDT truck so our learning curve the first couple of weeks has been pretty steep. Jack and Gregg can attest to that.

Until now our travels for many years has been on our motorcycles. We averaged 20000 miles a year on mine and 10000 miles a year on Cindy's for many years. We got tired of the carrying in suit cases every night which is how we started looking at rigs.

As Jack has said it is a 46' Continental Coach pulled by a 2009 Volvo 780. The coach sits on 3 - 9000# axles and currently the total length of truck and trailer is 73' not counting the hydralift.

We learned about RV Haulers from this site and we agree with all the others, working with Gregg before and after the purchase has been a pleasure. He is the best communicator over the internet we have ever experienced, he is an honest business person and keenly knowledgeable in his profession. It is a pleasure working with him and we feel he provided us a quality product and found a truck exactly to what we were looking for.

We are very pleased we picked Forks RV to build our coach. We started talking to them almost three years ago, and worked with Jay Troyer and the entire staff in the design and build for over a year. They were very easy to work with, listened to our wants and needs, and built us the coach we wanted.

We hope to meet all of you in our travels

Ken and Cindy

2009 Volvo 780 with Herrin Hauler Bed
2015 Continental Coach
2017 Smart Car Prime

Ken and Cindy,

Welcome to forum and what a great looking setup you have! You can certainly be proud of that.

Was wondering what your pin weight would be, but because of the truck you have, that won't be a problem. But how heavy is it?

Rocky & Sheri Rhoades
'01 Volvo 770
2016 DRV Mobile Suites, Houston
HERO Makers Ministry

30495168531_143d8fb8d6_m.jpg

Well come to the family. Jay and Eric and the Forks family built you an incredible trailer. And Gregg built a great truck to match. We'll have to meet up and have some side by side photos take. I would love to see your coach.

JC and Angie

2009 Volvo 780. D-16 500hp 1850 torque with a Herrin hauler bed.

2015 Continental Coach

2008 650cc Suzuki Bergman

2013 Mustang GT 500 convertible

2014 Smartcar convertible

WWW.Hollyfab.com. (Metal Fabrication Company)

Jamesc@hollyfab.com (preferred contact method)

Ken,

"We are new to camping, neither of us had camped since we were teenagers and neither of us had driven an a HDT truck so our learning curve the first couple of weeks has been pretty steep."

When I read this part of the post I was quite amazed and can imagine the learning curve continues. You have a great set up and should enjoy it for years to come. Welcome to the dark side. :)

Howdy Ken and Cindy,

Can't really add anything to what the other folks have said, so I'll just welcome to the world of HDT camping and to this forum filled with wonderful folks who will take the time to answer questions and can be counted on to help you spend your money. :lol:

Beautiful setup , just beautiful may you enjoy it for many years to come. Thanks Jack for posting the photos.

Dave

2001 Peterbilt, 379, Known As "Semi-Sane II", towing a 2014 Voltage 3818, 45 foot long toy hauler crammed full of motorcycles of all types.  Visit my photo web site where you will find thousands of photos of my motorcycle wanderings and other aspects of my life, click this link. http://mr-cob.smugmug.com/

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

That is definitely a beautiful set up. I am jealous.. Welcome to the forum!

2000 Kenworth T2000 w/ Cummins N14 and autoshift
2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2022 DRV Full House MX450 with customized floor plan
2018 Polaris RZR Turbo S (fits in the garage)
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)
My First Solar Install Thread
My Second Solar Install Thread & Photos and Documents Related to the build
My MX450's solar, battery and inverter system - my biggest system yet!

chadheiser.com      West Coast HDT Rally Website

event.png    

AZCACOIDIAKSMNMOMTNENVNMNDOKSDTNTXUTWYxlg.jpg

I am sure impressed as is everyone else, what a set-up.

I might go as far as saying that is pretty much the ultimate set-up.

I guess one word I would use to describe your rig is Stunning!

Congratulations on your new lifestyle choice.

Thanks for sharing it Jack.

Rick

1998 VOLVO 610 VED-12 @ 425 HP with 13 speed, 22.5" rubber, TC Equipped, single 3.70 drive axle, 193'' WB. REESE, 30K 4 way rocker-hitch, Jordan Ultima 2020. Under-frame mounted Honda 3000 ei, Towing a DRV MobileSuites- 36TK3 with TrailAir Pin Box, a Yamaha Road Star 1700 on deck. http://diesel-gypsy.blogspot.com

Thanks for all the kind comments and well wishes. With one month of being on the road we are having a time of our lives with the truck and coach and have met the nicest people on the road. We look forward to seeing you on the road.

Ken and Cindy

2009 Volvo 780 with Herrin Hauler Bed
2015 Continental Coach
2017 Smart Car Prime

• 3 months later...

Archived