Our Newest Luxury Coach HDT Member

Jack Mayer

Well, since nobody guessed who my neighbor is in Summerdale here is the photo album introduction. There were no winners in the "contest". The un-won prize was to be a WiFiRanger router. :)

Here is a 100+ photo album of the super nice setup of Ken and Cindy Leavelle. They pronounce the last name as Level...I'd use the French version, myself, after living in Quebec for years.

You will be blown away by the pictures....the trailer is very nice - on par with ours. The truck is VERY nice - Gregg built them a super hauler. But the motorcycle is incredible. And I mean really FABULOUS. My pictures do not do it justice at ALL.

LINK

Ken and Cindy, welcome to the HDT forum. What an incredible rig you have......it is beyond awsome. I hope you have many years and miles of enjoyment with it. Would love to see you at the ECR in Crossville, TN in April if you can make it. Happy trails, Charlie P.S.-Jack, thanks for the fabulous photos of this exceptional rig.....

Thanks everyone for your warm comments and remarks regarding our newly built rig, but more important THANK YOU for the information and insights we gained from this site over the years we have been lurking here. Many of the things we incorporated into our truck and coach came directly from this forum and we found it to be very helpful in the selection of the truck from Gregg Shields from RV Haulers and selection of the trailer from Forks RV.

After selling our house and possessions, we started our full time adventure in our coach on Jan 17th pulling out of Forks RV parking lot in 0 degree weather. On that same day I retired from working in the insurance industry for 35 years and we headed south. As you all know meeting up with Jack and Danielle has been a wonderful surprise and a great learning experience for us. We have gained so much knowledge and enjoyed their company this week very much. We are new to camping, neither of us had camped since we were teenagers and neither of us had driven an a HDT truck so our learning curve the first couple of weeks has been pretty steep. Jack and Gregg can attest to that.

Until now our travels for many years has been on our motorcycles. We averaged 20000 miles a year on mine and 10000 miles a year on Cindy's for many years. We got tired of the carrying in suit cases every night which is how we started looking at rigs.

As Jack has said it is a 46' Continental Coach pulled by a 2009 Volvo 780. The coach sits on 3 - 9000# axles and currently the total length of truck and trailer is 73' not counting the hydralift.

We learned about RV Haulers from this site and we agree with all the others, working with Gregg before and after the purchase has been a pleasure. He is the best communicator over the internet we have ever experienced, he is an honest business person and keenly knowledgeable in his profession. It is a pleasure working with him and we feel he provided us a quality product and found a truck exactly to what we were looking for.

We are very pleased we picked Forks RV to build our coach. We started talking to them almost three years ago, and worked with Jay Troyer and the entire staff in the design and build for over a year. They were very easy to work with, listened to our wants and needs, and built us the coach we wanted.

We hope to meet all of you in our travels

Ken and Cindy

Ken,

"We are new to camping, neither of us had camped since we were teenagers and neither of us had driven an a HDT truck so our learning curve the first couple of weeks has been pretty steep."

When I read this part of the post I was quite amazed and can imagine the learning curve continues. You have a great set up and should enjoy it for years to come. Welcome to the dark side. :)

Howdy Ken and Cindy,

Can't really add anything to what the other folks have said, so I'll just welcome to the world of HDT camping and to this forum filled with wonderful folks who will take the time to answer questions and can be counted on to help you spend your money. :lol:

Beautiful setup , just beautiful may you enjoy it for many years to come. Thanks Jack for posting the photos.

Dave

Thanks for all the kind comments and well wishes. With one month of being on the road we are having a time of our lives with the truck and coach and have met the nicest people on the road. We look forward to seeing you on the road.

Ken and Cindy

• 3 months later...

Archived