Mouse deterrent?

jeanhoyle

Here is a link to a video about rope lights deterring mice and rats.  This guy has done other videos also using mothballs, mint concentrate, irish spring soap.  NOTHING WORKS if there is a food source.

This is his video link.

https://youtu.be/EVN9JXUJXdY

Jeanie and John

Ford F-250 super crew

Americana 34/35 GS (it's a Forest River Cardinal with extras)

We use the ultra sonic and I can tell you they work for us.

2011 Berkshire 390-rb-40, upgraded tires and front axle airbags, 2012 Jeep Wrangler 2 door, Blue Ox baseplate and BlueOx aladdin tow bar, Blue Ox Patriot brake system, wiring run through right frame rail and homemade led taillight bar.

I bought several of these and let them walk the plank into a Homer's 5 gallon bucket. https://www.amazon.com/Deyard-Humane-Automatic-Killer-Rodents-x/dp/B0778JDCS9/ref=sr_1_2_sspa?ie=UTF8&qid=1543544233&sr=8-2-spons&keywords=walk+the+plank+mouse&psc=1

Or you can make your own. Why not deter? Because I agree, if they think there is food nothing deters like death.

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

I heard that for Pack Rats you need light.  In 4 years of fulltiming I have found one mouse in my power cord reel locker.  But I would think that it was because it was below freezing.  If one would dare to try it I have the BEST rodent deterant.

my cat.  👍🏻🐱

2015 Ram 3500 RC DRW CTD AISIN 410 rear

2016 Mobile Suites 38RSB3

14 hours ago, GlennWest said:

In all our years full timimg, never a mouse problem. 

We have had a few mouse experiences in our years on the road. It probably depends on where you happen to be and the time of year, just how much you experience them. We stayed in a CA county park as volunteers from October through January one year and had a mouse in the dash area that chewed a wire to our oil pressure gauge and was unable to get rid of him. The mechanic who found and repaired the oil pressure indication problem also told me how to know he was dead. We closed up the RV and set off one of the bug bombs that you can buy to be sure he was dead. Months later while driving the dried mouse fell out on the floor next to Pam's feet. We also had mouse issues one fall in ID and trapped about a dozen in the storage bays as the weather turned cold. The use of steel wool and expanding foam at penetration points of the body helps a great deal but it is very hard to totally mouse proof. 

I have successfully used lighting under the RV to protect against the invasion of pack rats in a couple of locations. It is a popular deterrent in many places where they are common and may not be 100% but it sure seems to work where we were. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Yet some people swear by those home brew deterrents. I have had 100% success with using TomCat mouse and rat bait. Some will not use a poison due to pets onboard, there's a remedy for that too. Make a bait station from 1.5" PVC pipe formed into the shape of a Tee. The center leg(all three are 12" long) is the top, with a pipe cap holding a length of 1/4" all-thread that is 1" shorter than that leg. The mouse bait blocks have a hole thrugh them that you slide over the all-thread, then a large washer and nut to hold them on. Everything except the cap is glued together.  As the bait is consumed the next block drops down, etc.

No way a pet can get to the bait. The poisoned mice seek out water, which is outside the RV, and die. Mice cannot eat enough poison to affect a larger animal that might eat the dead carcass.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

We had a mouse invasion last  year the ultra sonic worked for us and continues t o work.

Helen and I are long timers ..08 F-350 Ford,LB,CC,6.4L,4X4, Dually,4:10 diff dragging around a 2013 Montana 3402 Big Sky

SKP 100137. North Ridgeville, Ohio in the summer, sort of and where ever it is warm in the winter.

Archived