Last East Coast Rally Update

SuiteSuccess

This will be the last update I will post unless there is a major change in scheduling or circumstances.  Looks like turnout so far is around 70 couples with 17 new folks.  Registration will remain open via the website until the day of the rally, however, after April 1 we will be unable to refund any registrations due to supplies being purchased based on a final count.  T-shirt sales will end as of March 1 so that I can get to the supplier.

Points to keep in mind if coming to the rally:

1.  If you haven't purchased your Cumberland County Playhouse tickets for the "Mouse Trap" Friday April 20 at 7:30 pm do so at link below.  Most of us are in the center section, mid to back, but venue is small so no seats are really bad.

Cumberland County Playhouse

2.  If you are going to participate in the Bingo night, bring a wrapped gift valued at ~$20.  One gift per couple or immediate familly.

3.  Bring a craft or unusual  beer, soft drink, or spirit if you wish to participate in  "Craft Nite" happy hour.

4.  Ladies who will be participating in the ladies craft day need to bring a pair of adult striped socks (can be found in Amazon, WalMart, etc. under "Sock Monkey Socks") if they plan on making a "sock monkey" for themselves or to donate to the charitable organization which will be handing them out to orphaned children.  If you wish to contribute to the ongoing ECR scrapbook bring pictures, stickers, etc.  Also if you have games to play for ladies social bring them.

5.   As a new addition, if you are musically inclined we have some informal "jam sessions" to join in.  So if you play an instrument, sing, or can clap  please bring it and join in.  Doesn't matter if you only know three cords or sing like Rosie O'Donnell please have fun. 

6.  Must include this every year so that people are aware upon arrival to the campground.  When checking in you will be asked to sign a "waiver of liability" form for your party.  Since the rally is entirely a voluntary undertaking and is not for profit we find it necessary to protect those that give of their time and efforts for no pay.  To obtain event insurance is possible but expensive and would require an increase in rally fees to meet the budget.  If there are strong objections to signing the waiver please let me know by email  ecrcarl at gmaildotcom or by posting here and I will obtain an event policy and we will divide that cost among all registrants at sign in.  I'm being lengthy but the waiver form is like those you sign if you go to a rock climbing wall or ATV riding park for their protection.

Any other questions or comments I will try to address on this thread.  See you in April.:)

2006 Volvo 780 "Hoss" Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

Bed Build by "JW Morgan's Custom Welding"

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

2013 Smart Passion Coupe "Itty Bitty"

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

Oh, if anybody can tell me how to rename a link when I copy and paste, I would appreciate not having to post a three liner.  Would like the above link to be "Cumberland County Playhouse".

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

Carl, type your sentence and include whatever you want the link name to be. Then highlight just the text you want the link name to be and click on the "link" icon above. It will let you paste your hyperlink and link it to your highlighted text. So you could simple type "Cumberland County Playhouse", highlight that text, select the link icon and paste your 3liner there.

MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE.
~It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.~

2005 Volvo 780 VED12 465hp / Freedomline transmission
singled mid position / Bed by Larry Herrin
2018 customed Mobile Suites 40KSSB3 

2014 smart Fortwo

2 hours ago, Big5er said:

Carl, type your sentence and include whatever you want the link name to be. Then highlight just the text you want the link name to be and click on the "link" icon above. It will let you paste your hyperlink and link it to your highlighted text. So you could simple type "Cumberland County Playhouse", highlight that text, select the link icon and paste your 3liner there.

Thanks Phil.

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

Carl     I tried to order a T but it said everything was out of stock. I want a large short sleeve but have I waited to late?  I tried to add it to the registration but it said Out Of Stock.  Am I out of luck?   Pat

The Old Sailor 

59 minutes ago, JPL said:

Carl     I tried to order a T but it said everything was out of stock. I want a large short sleeve but have I waited to late?  I tried to add it to the registration but it said Out Of Stock.  Am I out of luck?   Pat

The Old Sailor 

Pat,

No worries, I’ll get you one.  I cutoff t-shirts at 8:00 pm as a trial (original intention was 10:00 pm) and couldn’t get it to undo.

I checked the website and PayPal and it doesn’t show you as registered.  Did you get a confirmation email?  The only thing that shouldn’t have occurred was the t-shirt but if it’s not allowing registrations I need to fix that.  Gotta keep the Old Sailor happy.😀

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

7 minutes ago, JPL said:

Carl     Thanks!!!   Pat

The Old Sailor

Pat,

Please see my edit above.  If you’re having trouble registering email at ecrcarl at gmail dot com. and we’ll get you taken care of.

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Carl, my wife Karen and I are making plans (tomorrow 3/29/18) to attend the rally. Better late than never. We will be booking a flight and hopefully making reservations at a local hotel. We will be planning on attending Sunday through Tuesday. This will be our fist rally. We are very excited to meet everyone who will be attending and to learn all about the valuable information that will be shared.

Can you please send me the link to  register for the rally and can you also make a  recommendation for a local hotel that is close by for us to stay at?

Thank you very much and we look forward to meeting you!

Tim & Karen

Tim & Karen,

Great to hear you will attend. Welcome. Go to eastcoasthdtrally.com and click on rally info and follow the links to the registration page and you should be set. Any trouble just email me at ecrcarl at gmail dot com. There are several hotels nearby Holiday Inn Express, Hampton Inn, Comfort Inn, Super 8.  Look on google maps at Peavine Road exit off Interstate 40 in Crossville TN and they are all clustered around that exit.  Those will be closest to Deer Run. I believe Kim at Deer Run RV Resort may still have one cabin available if you would prefer.  Probably cheaper or same as hotel.  That would put you right on the grounds. You can call her at (931)484-3333 if interested. Again if any problems let me know. 

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

Can anyone provide any thoughts on what kind of weather to expect for the week of the rally?

Trying to figure out what to pack for clothes and supplies...

Av8r3400
2012 Volvo VNL 730 D13 iShift & 2021 Grand Design Momentum 397TH

TEq81qV.jpg

I'd rather die trying to live - Than live trying not to die.   -Leonard Perry

26 minutes ago, Av8r3400 said:

Can anyone provide any thoughts on what kind of weather to expect for the week of the rally?

Trying to figure out what to pack for clothes and supplies...

Usually 60-70’s in day 50-60’s at night.  Probably few rainy days.  Maybe couple of thunderstorms possible, but our “severe” weather not like Tornado Alley.  Overall should be shirt sleeve weather, light jacket at night and early mornings.

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

9 hours ago, SuiteSuccess said:

Usually 60-70’s in day 50-60’s at night.  Probably few rainy days.  Maybe couple of thunderstorms possible, but our “severe” weather not like Tornado Alley.  Overall should be shirt sleeve weather, light jacket at night and early mornings.

Hi Everyone,

I don't want to rain on anyone parade but I remember one morning waking up to 25*F. The was the year that is was trying to snow when I was going thru Kentucky. Be like a Boy Scout. Be prepared for anything. I try to dress in layers. 

See you in a couple of weeks,
Al

2012 Volvo VNL 630 w/ I-Shift; D13 engine; " Veeger "
  Redwood, model 3401R ; 5th Wheel Trailer, " Dead Wood "
    2006 Smart Car " Killer Frog "

Weather channel long range forecast is showing mid-60s day and high-40s at night.

Chet & Deb
'01 Volvo 660 w/ Smart
'19 Forest River Columbus 320RS 5th wheel
2022 Chev 2500HD Long Bed
Retired CWO4, USN and federal service
Electronics Tech/Network Engineer/Welder/Machinist

54 minutes ago, NeverEasy said:

Weather channel long range forecast is showing mid-60s day and high-40s at night.

Perfect.  (Pay no attention to Al behind the curtain.  He’s just trying to rain on our parade, 😝)

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

Yesterday.  10" of wet heavy mess...

mAFTKsG.jpg

WTH is wrong with this crap forum software now!?  I can't even link to a IMGUR photo!!  C'mon Admin time to do something!  Have to type in code manually!

Av8r3400
2012 Volvo VNL 730 D13 iShift & 2021 Grand Design Momentum 397TH

TEq81qV.jpg

I'd rather die trying to live - Than live trying not to die.   -Leonard Perry

16 hours ago, Nigel said:

I hope you are right Carl, we left the snow shovel at home.  Be there tomorrow.

Nigel

Hi Nigel,

Are you coming from The Great White North ? Is so, the weather people have snow in the forecast for northeast Ohio on Sunday night. Less than 1".

Hey Carl, how does snow sound ? Better than rain on a parade. lol.

Al

Just now, Av8r3400 said:

Oh ! That four letter word !

Al

On 2018-04-01 at 5:56 AM, Av8r3400 said:

mAFTKsG.jpg

WTH is wrong with this crap forum software now!?  I can't even link to a IMGUR photo!!  C'mon Admin time to do something!  Have to type in code manually!

Oh look “ABS” driving conditions 

:)

Check out the image posting link in Jack’s sticky.

"Are we there yet?" asked no motorcycle rider, ever. 

Archived