Classes of 2008 and 2009

Oh you guys. Don't we know it.

It is a long weekend here in BC (BC Day tomorrow) and we have been full since Thursday morning. We had six no shows (no phone calls nothing) we waited 29 hours and then gave them away. Turns out 3 of them were a group and they showed up an HOUR after we gave them away. They were so angry. BUT the website says exactly that, if you don't show up after 24 hours we can resell the site. Luckily my shift was over and the big boss held her ground.

We have two in over flow now. And it is hot so ice and ice cream sales are crazy.

Most people are happy campers though. And I love the kidlets.

We will have a lot to talk about when we cross paths again.

JIM AND STEVE - the fishing here is incredible. Guys saying "can't get them off the hook fast enough". Kokanee.

Hugs friends.

Toni

Well, it takes all kinds and when you're working with the public you're certainly apt to meet all of them. Lots of luck for the rest of the summer!

Not many places Kokanee is available. It's in the lakes around here and one of my favorites. :D

Edited by Wanderin'

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

http://blog.willywagon.net

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This working on the trailer is catching. I washed the windows this morning both inside and outside. Then a trip to the commissary, gas station, and Class VI store (Cranberry Juice) and I guess I'm ready to hit the road Tuesday. I checked the weather in Pie Town, NM and it's much cooler there than it is here. It was 88 hear under the trailer and 96 above the trailer about 15 feet up. Down there in Pie Town the high for the next 10 days will be 79 with nights in the 50's and the high today was only 77. I'm thinking I might just head for Pie Town and forget the State parks back in the mountains in the northern part of the state. And it's Free camping and no time limit. Boondocking. Plus the Pie Festival is next month.

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

Well, it takes all kinds and when you're working with the public you're certainly apt to meet all of them. Lots of luck for the rest of the summer!

Not many places Kokanee is available. It's in the lakes around here and one of my favorites. :D

Will that Blue Powder get rid of those too??

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

It's been so dry here the lizards have been carrying canteens. But last night we had a little rain. The kind that just soaks in. I was thrilled. But then.....

This afternoon we really got hit with the high winds (65mph) or so and a driving downpour that limited visibility to less than 1/2 mile. That lasted for over an hour. They said we were getting 2 inches an hour. That has turned the neighborhood into one very large mud bog. Fortunately, when I bought the tourist trap, I brought in a couple of loads of gravel.

So I'm on gravel and on one of the higher pieces of property. I've some neighbors that can't get out of their drive way. Of course I can't drive anywhere. The low spots on the roads have turned into lakes. This would be a great place for an ATV.

Dave C.

Millie the mooch

2500 D/M CC.

27RL Wildcat

SKP#94751

Hey Dave,

I'm heading for Pie Town on US60 about 50 miles from the AZ border. I was going to stop and pay you back for the meal you bought the last time but your last post told me I'd better keep on going. I'll catch you latter for that dinner.

It's been so dry here the lizards have been carrying canteens. But last night we had a little rain. The kind that just soaks in. I was thrilled. But then.....

This afternoon we really got hit with the high winds (65mph) or so and a driving downpour that limited visibility to less than 1/2 mile. That lasted for over an hour. They said we were getting 2 inches an hour.

I know you were teaching Millie to fly. I bet she had fun in 65 mph winds. Take care.

http://www.toadswildadventures.blogspot.com/

Just travelin' down life's highway-toot-toot!

Hey Dave,

I'm heading for Pie Town on US60 about 50 miles from the AZ border. I was going to stop and pay you back for the meal you bought the last time but your last post told me I'd better keep on going. I'll catch you latter for that dinner.

Lee as much as I would enjoy a meal, this place is no place for a "tourist" right now. The locals know how to get around. But if you came in like you did last time, you would bury that Ford. I've got to talk with the neighbors and get some instructions on which roads I can take just to make it to the highway. Fortunately I'm well stocked. I don't need to move for a while. I may just wait for it to dry out. Save me a piece of pie. I really don't plan on heading for Quartzsite until the middle of October. But you know how those plans, written in Jello usually work out.

Millie still has her student license. She has been having problems with landings. After discussing it with her, she has decided she isn't going to work toward the amphibious ticket. She would rather play in the water rather than land on it. :lol:

Dave C.

Millie the mooch

2500 D/M CC.

27RL Wildcat

SKP#94751

Just had one of the best week-ends. Steve and Carol showed up Saturday morning and we directed them to Cabela's for camping. The parks in this area are outrageously expensive. Just ridiculous. We got to take them on a tour of the city, went to Johnny Carina's for dinner. Sunday we took them out to Pompey's Pillar. Not really the place to be on the hottest day of the year but still had a great time. Then last night we went to see Crazy, Stupid Love. It was surprisingly a very good, funny movie.

Thank you Steve and Carol for making my life so much more exciting and interesting this week-end. This sitting in the drive way is really starting to get to me.

Sandie & Jim Dixon

Traveling with Scooter and Skittlez

www.wherearethedixonstoday.blogspot.com

Just had one of the best week-ends. Steve and Carol showed up Saturday morning and we directed them to Cabela's for camping. The parks in this area are outrageously expensive. Just ridiculous. We got to take them on a tour of the city, went to Johnny Carina's for dinner. Sunday we took them out to Pompey's Pillar. Not really the place to be on the hottest day of the year but still had a great time. Then last night we went to see Crazy, Stupid Love. It was surprisingly a very good, funny movie.

Thank you Steve and Carol for making my life so much more exciting and interesting this week-end. This sitting in the drive way is really starting to get to me.

I agree! I'm not in a driveway, but as we speak I'm looking at a map of New Mexico...getting some ideas of where we'll stop there...when we move!After Colorado, of course. One more set of visitations for Grand kids after here. Steve and Carol are really a lot of fun! Before the New Mexico map, I stared at some Montana pictures, wishing I was there! Lots of dreams and wishes at this point, now just a countdown to the 15th, and another day of 100 degrees. :( We've also been to Pompey's Pillar and drove up and down that highway. Great area!

As Always,

MsKay - Class of '08

Yes, we had a great time with Jim & Sandi. Soooo good to see them again! We got to see their "new home" too along with riding in their new Chevy truck. Now they have the task of transferring all their stuff from the motor-home to the 5th wheel. Jim put a new tile floor in the 5th wheel and it looks great, nice job Jim. We got a nice tour of the city, and really enjoyed the different topography of the area.

We are getting ready to head out this morning, (or the "crack of 11"), anyway move up to Glacier NP. We are thinking of stopping at the little town of Fort Benton for the night and then try to find a base camp in St. Mary, on the East side of the park. That's the jello plan anyway. :lol:

Dave, I just had a "mental image" of millie with little pontoons on her feet. Hmmmmmmmm

2007 Tiffin Allegro Bus 42 QRP
"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
Roadmaster Sterling tow bar
08 Dodge Dakota toad
Sea Eagle 10.6sr Inflatable

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

Yes, we had a great time with Jim & Sandi. Soooo good to see them again! We got to see their "new home" too along with riding in their new Chevy truck.

I was in love with the Avalanche!

Dave, I just had a "mental image" of millie with little pontoons on her feet. Hmmmmmmmm

She makes a better ATV than a Float Plane! :lol:

Dave C.

Millie the mooch

2500 D/M CC.

27RL Wildcat

SKP#94751

Well I've got all the hoses and stuff stowed and ready to hookup in the morning and head down the road, I can't hook up yet because I'd be blocking my neighbors overnight by being about 4 feet from the tongue of their trailer. I think I'll stop in Las Vegas, NM at the Stortie Lake State Park. That's the one I didn't like too well. It's about 275 miles though and that is all the farther I want to drive in one day. In fact, I don't want to go even that far but the park at Raton, NM is still closed because of the fire damage. If I find it too warm for my liking I'll only stay the one day and head out the next day for Pie Town. I'll honk at Dave as I go by. I'd toss out a life preserver but I don't know which way the wind will be blowing and Millie might not be able to get airborne in time to catch it. I'll know more tomorrow about wheather I'll stay one day of more in Las Vegas. It depends on the heat and wind.

Aug 1-2 Belleville, KS. We are at the Belleville Fair in this very small town in north Kansas. This is a neat fair that has 4-H animals, tractor pulls, carnival, entertainment, and mini-stockcar racing. We stumbled on this fair about 7 years ago when headed south on Hwy 81. We really enjoyed this fair then and I am sure we will enjoy it today. When we left Topeka yeasterday, it got up to 108!!! The RV was so hot, I didn't even need to turn on the hot water heater to do dishes, the water was so warm! Should be 97 today, so it is better that over a hundred!! The ONLY reason we were here in the heat was for factory RV repairs in Chanute.

Aug 3 We will stop overnight at a little PA park right off the intersate in Nebraska about half way bewtween Bellleville and Cheyenne, WY.

Carol

The Simpsons

Fulltimers from Va. Beach, VA

2008 37' Hitchhiker, 2008 Dodge Ram 3500

blog: cas32.blogspot.com

We tried to get stuck yesterday! :o Got a late start, so we didn't quite get to Ft. Benton. We were just past Stanford, which is the next town from the fort and found out the campground at the fort had just filled up. Whoops! Anyway, I remembered what looked like a small RV park in Stanford, so we had to turn around and go back. What no place to turn around! :angry: Finally we saw a small gravel path off the main road and a tractor parked there and decided to try to turn there. Well it seemed pretty hard ground when we started around the tractor, but then I could feel it start to sink in a little and floored it! :blink: We threw some dirt around, but made it out of there, and didn't even break a glass in the cupboard! :lol: Drove to the little park, and snagged a FHU spot in time to watch the sunset. Coach-net would have had a fun time finding me up here!! Nice and cool last night too, finally got to the end of the hot weather. BessyBus said if I would put some different tires on her she could enter in the mud bogs! B)

2007 Tiffin Allegro Bus 42 QRP
"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
Roadmaster Sterling tow bar
08 Dodge Dakota toad
Sea Eagle 10.6sr Inflatable

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

We tried to get stuck yesterday! :o Got a late start, so we didn't quite get to Ft. Benton. We were just past Stanford, which is the next town from the fort and found out the campground at the fort had just filled up. Whoops! Anyway, I remembered what looked like a small RV park in Stanford, so we had to turn around and go back. What no place to turn around! :angry: Finally we saw a small gravel path off the main road and a tractor parked there and decided to try to turn there. Well it seemed pretty hard ground when we started around the tractor, but then I could feel it start to sink in a little and floored it! :blink: We threw some dirt around, but made it out of there, and didn't even break a glass in the cupboard! :lol: Drove to the little park, and snagged a FHU spot in time to watch the sunset. Coach-net would have had a fun time finding me up here!! Nice and cool last night too, finally got to the end of the hot weather. BessyBus said if I would put some different tires on her she could enter in the mud bogs! B)

Well, this group has already had an experience getting a motorhome out of being stuck. However, last time it was the sand. Don't get stuck, Steve. None of the experienced crew is around to help pull you out.

The Hyders left our little cove yesterday morning. We actually had one more day left but ended up pulling out too. We're now inland. The temperature difference between the coast and here was about 15 degrees yesterday. We even had to turn the air conditioner on. Ugh! We had forgot how to work that but figured it out pretty fast. Not sure how long we'll be here. The jello keeps getting wiggled and the chalk keeps getting erased. :D

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

http://blog.willywagon.net

We tried to get stuck yesterday! :o ....... What no place to turn around! :angry: Finally we saw a small gravel path off the main road and a tractor parked there and decided to try to turn there. Well it seemed pretty hard ground when we started around the tractor, but then I could feel it start to sink in a little and floored it! :blink:

Hey Steve.....these things are no farm tractors...... not for "off-roading" activities! :lol: Farmers don't appreciate you driving around in their fields either :lol:

Have fun.....

Paul

Paul & Marsha Weaver
Bella our cat
2008 Carriage Cameo 35' SB3
2010 Ford F350 DRW
Blog: http://wheresweaver.blogspot.com
SKP# 102686

Gee, I thought that was a storm brewing up on the horizon and it was just Bessy Bus plowing through the mud. I got into Las Vegas, NM this after noon and set up at Storrie Lake State Park. I couldn't get a site with electricity so here I am boondocking. The weather was a little warm but not bad. I have all the fans running so there is enough breeze inside the trailer to let Millie practice her flight patterns. I looked out the window and I think I saw Millie wearing water skis doing touch and go landings on the lake. We got a short rain about two hours after I got here. That cooled things down real nice. I'm debating whether to head south in the morning or just take the truck and drive up in the mountains about 40 mile from here and check out Coyote Creek State Park. It's much higher than here and should be pretty cool. If I like it I may pull the trailer up there and stay a couple of weeks. If I suddenly go off on the vanishing cream you'll know that's what I did. I doubt if they have a phone signal up there. The nearest town is about 10 miles away down the canyon and it's just a wide place in the road. I think they painted over the town when they put the strip down the center of the highway.

Hey SloMozey Jump in here and let us know what you are doing so we have something the take out of context, embellish a bit, Mis-state and throw right back at you.

Edited by IYQ

Hi all

A short up date from Pinedale, Wy.

All camp grounds are full. The gas drilling is going all out. A worker from Ok. found a spot for $800 a month, but must have first and last month rent plus $300 deposit.

We are about 1/2 full every night. $10 a night with water.

We are complaining about the heat. Days it is from 75 to 83. nights are from 30 to 42. That was this last week.

Fishing is OK The Green river is down about 2 ft. from the hight.

Come see us at Warren Bridge BLM camp ground. US 191 and US 189. 100 ft. from Green River.

event.png

Glyn (KL0PG) & Diane Carson
2002 I-H 4400 Papa's Dream (Mama's Nightmare)
2015 Space Craft V400
Furkid Max

email: dlcarsonak@hotmail.com

Well, this group has already had an experience getting a motorhome out of being stuck. However, last time it was the sand. Don't get stuck, Steve. None of the experienced crew is around to help pull you out.

The Hyders left our little cove yesterday morning. We actually had one more day left but ended up pulling out too. We're now inland. The temperature difference between the coast and here was about 15 degrees yesterday. We even had to turn the air conditioner on. Ugh! We had forgot how to work that but figured it out pretty fast. Not sure how long we'll be here. The jello keeps getting wiggled and the chalk keeps getting erased. :D

Wiggle some jello this way.

Doug and Toni Laird

2008 Gulfstream BT Cruiser 30'

2014 Nissan Versa

Our newest furfriend - Zoe - a beautiful black and white cat

Our blog - http://stixandbrix.blogspot.ca

event.png

Aug 3 Still in Belleville, KS. Had to stay one more day. Then back to our plan to stop overnight between here and Cheyenne, WY, before staying in Cheyenne for several days.

I will be so glad to leave KS because it is getting just too expensive! Lets see: RV rapairs in Chanute (not of our making) $$$, got a flat tire in the Chanute city campground $$$, brake pad wore out just as we got to Belleville $$$. Thank goodness the tiny town had an auto shop and they fit us in. We did get to spend another day at this nice fair! We are so close to the NE border so will be glad to cross it!

Carol

The Simpsons

Fulltimers from Va. Beach, VA

2008 37' Hitchhiker, 2008 Dodge Ram 3500

blog: cas32.blogspot.com

I'm having flashbacks! It's a good thing both Steve and Dave are such good drivers they can recover from mistakes .

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

HMMMM now I was thinking it was the Hyders, but then you know how THEY travel. All the crabs will die of old age before they get here. :o

Joe

We are officially in Washington State now. Only about 5 miles but still in the state at Kelso Elks. Change our reservation from 2 days to two months, I saw a picture of the crabs you have been catching. Is it legal to catch them that big?

Jerry :D

http://www.toadswildadventures.blogspot.com/

Just travelin' down life's highway-toot-toot!

We are officially in Washington State now. Only about 5 miles but still in the state at Kelso Elks. Change our reservation from 2 days to two months, I saw a picture of the crabs you have been catching. Is it legal to catch them that big?

Jerry :D

HMMMMM you weren't supposed to see that picture. :P WOW 5 whole miles, now let's see it's 200 miles from there to here so at 5 miles a day.......................Yep I'll be in Florida before you get here. :lol: As for the change in your Reservation, you will need to call the Reservation Manager. :rolleyes:

Joe

Edited by Joe Spiker

Joe

The "Doghouse" 04 Tiffin Phaeton 40TGH

TOAD--2008 Dodge Dakota

Aug 3 Still in Belleville, KS. Had to stay one more day. Then back to our plan to stop overnight between here and Cheyenne, WY, before staying in Cheyenne for several days.

I will be so glad to leave KS because it is getting just too expensive! Lets see: RV rapairs in Chanute (not of our making) $$$, got a flat tire in the Chanute city campground $$$, brake pad wore out just as we got to Belleville $$$. Thank goodness the tiny town had an auto shop and they fit us in. We did get to spend another day at this nice fair! We are so close to the NE border so will be glad to cross it!

Carol

Yep NE is a pretty good place! We're still holding on here in Alma NE. We have finally got a break from the extreme heat and only got in the mid 80s today. Somehow, Kansas always costs us too. A couple years ago I spent about 5,000before I got out of there! Broken Shocks and new tires to show for it though so at least I didn't leave there empty handed! We got a nice rain...an inch 30 last night. We think maybe more tonight. Hope you enjoy NE We enjoy it here at the Harlan County Reservoir area.

As Always,

MsKay - Class of '08

Have I told you guys how much I HATE moving? Have I told you how HOT it is? Have I told you how STUPID I am for moving in this heat?:angry:

We are going to spend our first night in the fifth wheel but we're only partially moved in. We had to call it quits on moving stuff because I wasn't sure who was going to die first, me or Jim. However, we forgot a few necessities - like bedding and JIm's medicine, so we'll make another trip to the storage lot to get that stuff. Then tomorrow morning when it's a little cooler hopefully we can get a bunch of stuff done again.

I HATE moving.

Sandie & Jim Dixon

Traveling with Scooter and Skittlez

www.wherearethedixonstoday.blogspot.com