Classes of 2008 and 2009

For those of you who don't read my blogs - our news is: we now have a truck and fifth wheel (again). Haven't moved into it yet, it needs new shoes which it will get tomorrow. Then we need to get the motohome sold. That's what happens when you sit in one spot way too long.

Does this mean that every time I see you in the desert, you will have the boat? Get the MH sold and the fifth wheel on the road!!! Come on over to the PNW, summer is almost here, temp got into the low 70's today.

http://www.toadswildadventures.blogspot.com/

Just travelin' down life's highway-toot-toot!

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Congratulation on your new digs Sandie, That's what we need on this forum, More Trailer Trash like me.

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

We toured the Badlands today, and on the way back we ran into a pretty good storm. We made it through it ok, but when we got back to the rig there was about 3" of SNOW on the ground :o . Actually it was hail, but it sure looked like snow, and the temp went from 92 degrees down to 61! Now we are looking for jackets Woo Hoo! No damage to the rig, but it sure looked funny around here. We have to leave tomorrow, so we will be looking for a team of "sled dogs" to tow us out of here. I can't tell any of my friends in Oklahoma that I'm standing in SNOW, that would be too much of a shock for their thought processes!! :lol:

Jim & Sandi, we're heading for a place called "Billings", know anything about it? :rolleyes:

2007 Tiffin Allegro Bus 42 QRP
"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
Roadmaster Sterling tow bar
08 Dodge Dakota toad
Sea Eagle 10.6sr Inflatable

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

Managed to double post :huh:

Edited by Steved44

"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
08 Dodge Dakota toad

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

July 27 til Aug 1. At the Lake Shawnee Campground in Topeka, KS. A nice park on Lake Shawnee with a 7 mile bike path all the way around the lake. We have been here before and really like it. It is still so hot!! Then we will head out to the fair in Bellville, KS. Stumbled across this fair in the middle of nowhere a few years ago and loved it! It was a great fair with monster truck pulls and the mini-stock car races, plus the carnival and 4-H stuff.

Just left Chanute, KS, after an 8 day ordeal of passing time in a hotel while having serious repairs done to our Hitchhiker. Not a fun time and it was so Hot! Hot! Hot! Hope we don't have to go thru anything else like that for for a very long time!!!

Carol

We've been to Lake Shawnee too and it is a nice park. Our daughter used to row for Oklahoma University, and she had a couple of races there. Steve

"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
08 Dodge Dakota toad

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

Jim and Sandie, CONGRATULATIONS. Hope you enjoy your new home.

Steve, I'm thinking you best be getting your "Warp Drive" fixed soon. I got word yesterday that several other folks are planning on invading this area between the 1st and middle of next month and they plan to eat ALL THE CRAB. :lol:

As for me, just hanging out here at the ole Home Base playing around with more Cranberry Juice. Gotta make sure I have a good supply for this winter. :D

Joe

Joe

The "Doghouse" 04 Tiffin Phaeton 40TGH

TOAD--2008 Dodge Dakota

Jim and Sandie, CONGRATULATIONS. Hope you enjoy your new home.

Steve, I'm thinking you best be getting your "Warp Drive" fixed soon. I got word yesterday that several other folks are planning on invading this area between the 1st and middle of next month and they plan to eat ALL THE CRAB. :lol:

As for me, just hanging out here at the ole Home Base playing around with more Cranberry Juice. Gotta make sure I have a good supply for this winter. :D

Joe

Now who might that be?? We certainly don't want to show up there if all the crab are gone. Why do you think we're coming after all? :lol:

We made a trip to the Seattle airport from the Oregon coast yesterday. Now that's a tiring trip!! Boy, were we zonked last night. I even slept in until after 7:00 AM! :D

Edited by Wanderin'

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

http://blog.willywagon.net

Jim and Sandie, now you have a a new toy to play with!! We are still headed to Montana, so may contact you for the best places in Billings and Helana. Have any of your plans chaged that would have you in that are in the next several weks or so? Hope the motorhome sells fast so you can get back on the road soon.

Carol

The Simpsons

Fulltimers from Va. Beach, VA

2008 37' Hitchhiker, 2008 Dodge Ram 3500

blog: cas32.blogspot.com

Dave - Trailer Hood or Trailer Trash?

Jim is having way too much fun figuring out where to put stuff and how he can make different shelves and putting in the new floor. Got new shoes for it today so now maybe tomorrow we can start moving in. We'll take several days to do that because it is so hot.

Carol - we will probably be here until about the 24th of August. That's when we head to Escapade. Then we'll be back here for Dr. appts the middle of September. Hopefully then we can get back on the road.

There really aren't any great campgrounds here in Billings. We have a KOA (this happens to be their headquarters) and there's another one called the Yellowstone River Campground. Both are really really expensive. We have never stayed at the Billings Trailer Village Campground but it gets good reviews and is quite a bit cheaper. We drove through and it looks like a nice place. Not fancy. If you're an Elk, there's dry camping there.

Helena has the same problem. Just not a lot of nice RV parks. Kim's Marina and Campground is a disaster and we will never stay there again. We did stay at the fairgrounds. Not fancy but it worked for us for the three nights we were there. Lincoln Road RV Park looks really nice but we haven't actually driven through it. Just by it. There are several state parks around Canyon Ferry which is about 30 miles from Helena. There's also a KOA out near Townsend (30 miles from Helena).

Sure hope we're here when you guys come through.

Sandie & Jim Dixon

Traveling with Scooter and Skittlez

www.wherearethedixonstoday.blogspot.com

Now who might that be?? We certainly don't want to show up there if all the crab are gone. Why do you think we're coming after all? :lol:

We made a trip to the Seattle airport from the Oregon coast yesterday. Now that's a tiring trip!! Boy, were we zonked last night. I even slept in until after 7:00 AM! :D

HMMMM now I was thinking it was the Hyders, but then you know how THEY travel. All the crabs will die of old age before they get here. :o

Wow coast to Slumattle and back in one day, I can understand why you were zonked.

Today I had to (Jerry and Janice cover your eyes) do a bit of actual WORK. We had a small job to do out at the base, so now I'm thinking it be HAPPY HOUR at Jose's Place. :D

Joe

Joe

The "Doghouse" 04 Tiffin Phaeton 40TGH

TOAD--2008 Dodge Dakota

Can't report much today because I didn't do a whole heck of a lot. I got my hair (Actually both of them) cut this morning and this evening I went to the Olive Garden for dinner. Boy was the traffic wierd. You can't just turn into a business around here. You have to go around and find a way in from the back. There might be as many as 16 blocks of businesses and only two way to get inside the area they are in having to drive through one business's parking lot to get to another business. Strange. I'm still hoping the guy will show up tomorrow to install my window awnings. I figured a way to temporarily fix the slide topper awning today and did that myself. I've got it figured out how to make a more perminent repair but don't have the stuff to do it with right now.

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

We are camped out at the foot of Devil's Tower. I think I see "ET" up there right now, or maybe it's just "swamp gas"?? :rolleyes: Just finished a great meal of pesto and pasta, with a little cranberry juice. MMMMMMMMmmmmm Good! Carol took the hike around the monument and really enjoyed it. This park has no hook ups, but for $6 a night (with the old farts card), it's a real bargain. Weather is perfect, and we are parked by a little river with our front window filled with the tower. The spots here are not filled, maybe 50 or 60 percent, and it's really quiet and kept up. There is a store and a KOA campground just before you enter the park and it looked like there was a lot of activity going on there. They did "get us" for a couple of scoops of ice cream though. Didn't want to have to get "the machine" out for just an overnight stay <_< We are going to take some morning pictures there tomorrow before we leave. Steve

"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
08 Dodge Dakota toad

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

We are camped out at the foot of Devil's Tower. I think I see "ET" up there right now, or maybe it's just "swamp gas"?? :rolleyes: Just finished a great meal of pesto and pasta, with a little cranberry juice. MMMMMMMMmmmmm Good! Carol took the hike around the monument and really enjoyed it. This park has no hook ups, but for $6 a night (with the old farts card), it's a real bargain. Weather is perfect, and we are parked by a little river with our front window filled with the tower. The spots here are not filled, maybe 50 or 60 percent, and it's really quiet and kept up. There is a store and a KOA campground just before you enter the park and it looked like there was a lot of activity going on there. They did "get us" for a couple of scoops of ice cream though. Didn't want to have to get "the machine" out for just an overnight stay <_< We are going to take some morning pictures there tomorrow before we leave. Steve

Steve, Devils tower is my favorite monument. I stayed there way back in the 70's before the visitors center was so fancy and a lot less people were coming to the park. I go back to take a peak every time I pass by that area. You didn't get the Ice Cream Machine out because you were afraid I had left one of my spy cameras there and would find out where you're hiding it.

Yippy, I got the window awnings installed this morning. The guy came over about 8 and said that the awnings had come in but the arms hadn't but he'd come over just as soon as the arms came in. He went back home and less than half an hour later he called and said "Guess What, When I got home the arms were laying on the porch so UPS must have come very early or came back late last night after I had called you" He came right back and got to work on it. He did a very good job and I watched every move he made to make sure he did do a good job. I felt so good about that I got my ladder out and cut some stiff plastic to put over the outside speakers which had crumbled from Ultraviolet exposure. The cones had completely curled up and would have let water in if they were not under the patio Awning roller. I won't say I had a leak but when I took the speakers out there was a mud dobbers nest in one of them, Ha. Now I'll start getting ready to head south. The damage at Sugarite Canyon State Park burned about half the forest in the park and completely got the upper campground including burning down the Group shelter. They have some prisoners in there trying to cut down all the burned trees and their hopes are to finally get the park open to visitor late this summer. So It looks like I won't be staying there when I leave hear Tuesday. That means a 250 mile drive instead of a 150 mile drive. I'll have to go back to Storie lake. Thats the park I didn't like very well because of all the wind. It is also lower in altitude than I'd like. After Storie Lake I think I'll go to Pie Town, NM and stay in the free county park there for a while. I have a lot of friends that spend the whole summer there. It's right on the continental divide at between 7000 and 8000 feet. So I'll stay there until it cools down a bit at the lower altitudes. And as they say from Pie Town it all down hill from there.

This evening we have been checking in a lot of campers. At our campground we have a varity of different type of sites. These people rented one of our "dry tent sites". About an hour after they checked in, they came back to the desk and said that they had been waiting at the site for an hour and wanted to know when we were going to have their tent set up! They came camping for the first time and really thought we provided everything for them :lol:

After going into the back room having a good chuckle, we explained to them that we did not provide anything other than a picnic table and a fire ring. We directed them to the general store where they could purchase everything, but they declined and said they probably would not ever camp again. :)

We do get some duzzies!!!

Linda and Ed Lavin
lavinmh@yahoo.com

This evening we have been checking in a lot of campers. At our campground we have a varity of different type of sites. These people rented one of our "dry tent sites". About an hour after they checked in, they came back to the desk and said that they had been waiting at the site for an hour and wanted to know when we were going to have their tent set up! They came camping for the first time and really thought we provided everything for them :lol:

After going into the back room having a good chuckle, we explained to them that we did not provide anything other than a picnic table and a fire ring. We directed them to the general store where they could purchase everything, but they declined and said they probably would not ever camp again. :)

Maybe they thought you were like canoe outfitters who will provide everything if you pay enough. :)

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

Ha Ha, They must have been from Manhattan!

"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
08 Dodge Dakota toad

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

And, I can't understand why you didn't feel concerned when they said they wouldn't ever camp again. :lol: Wasn't there a little part of you that thought you probably should buy that tent for them and put it up? Just a little part of you?? :lol::lol: That's so funny.

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

http://blog.willywagon.net

And, I can't understand why you didn't feel concerned when they said they wouldn't ever camp again. :lol: Wasn't there a little part of you that thought you probably should buy that tent for them and put it up? Just a little part of you?? :lol::lol: That's so funny.

As in all customer service work, concern depends on the attitude of the customer :P

Linda and Ed Lavin
lavinmh@yahoo.com

Finally checking in again. Busy July - Omaha for the Grand baby - then we had a hot time in the Chicago area visiting family. Spent a number of days looking at used RVS with my niece and her husband. They just returned from 8 years of teaching overseas and want to take a year to tour the country before finding jobs here in the states. They have now purchased a 37 foot Damon challenger bunkhouse and will hit the road with their two kids ages 8 and 5!! Should be an adventure for them.

We finally moved North to find cooler weather and the headwaters of the Mississippi. Will be back in Omaha by Aug 15 for the rest of summer.

We too plan to spend the winter in Texas, La, and Florida. Also thinking about Branson Mo for a week or two in the fall.

Julie

Happiness is a voyage, not a destination,

There is no better time to be happy than... NOW

I finally found a way to cut the Brazilian Walnut that I've been saving to make a battery hold down with. I found that my reciprocating carver will cut it without dulling the gouges. Anyway it's all cut out now with indents to clear the caps and posts so tomorrow I'll cut the stainless steel threaded rods and install it. With all this work I've got done on my trailer you guy just can't call me Trailer Trash anymore. Now I've moved up in the world I'm "Tag-a-long Rubbish" or "Towable Refuse"

I really got a kick out of the Tent Camper Story. Thanks Linda L. I'll have to file that one with my current bush story.

Oh you guys. Don't we know it.

It is a long weekend here in BC (BC Day tomorrow) and we have been full since Thursday morning. We had six no shows (no phone calls nothing) we waited 29 hours and then gave them away. Turns out 3 of them were a group and they showed up an HOUR after we gave them away. They were so angry. BUT the website says exactly that, if you don't show up after 24 hours we can resell the site. Luckily my shift was over and the big boss held her ground.

We have two in over flow now. And it is hot so ice and ice cream sales are crazy.

Most people are happy campers though. And I love the kidlets.

We will have a lot to talk about when we cross paths again.

JIM AND STEVE - the fishing here is incredible. Guys saying "can't get them off the hook fast enough". Kokanee.

Hugs friends.

Toni

Doug and Toni Laird

2008 Gulfstream BT Cruiser 30'

2014 Nissan Versa

Our newest furfriend - Zoe - a beautiful black and white cat

Our blog - http://stixandbrix.blogspot.ca

event.png