Classes of 2008 and 2009

We are not planning a trip to the west coast this winter. We will be staying most of the winter in Texas (want to try some of the TT parks there) We may also spend some time on the gulf in Biloxi. May head to Florida if I can find a cheap spot near Red Sox spring training in Vero Beach. Not sure yet. I know that we are coming back here to NY next summer. Hoping my brother will make it over here next summer.

Well, we'll miss you guys! Guess Danny will have to keep the Golf Courses warmed up by himself! We did all the south and southeast this summer! I didn't find a spot that I think would be a Winter Destination for us. We did quite a swing of states and experienced lots of 100 degree days!Still doing that and might as well be in Yuma! Temps just about the same, only more humidity here. Travel safe and enjoy! You guys are more used to spending cold winters in your rig...sorry, I'm too foofy!

As Always,

MsKay - Class of '08

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sounds like we're going to have some folks in AZ this winter. So I would love to have a get together of whoever is around. I really enjoyed Yuma last January. The weather was just about perfect except for a few cold days. But I'm open to anywhere. We'll actually be spending a lot of time in Apache Junction. Jim has had a lousy summer because he hasn't been able to go fishing. So I'm hoping he can spends lots and lots of time fishing when we get to AZ. So by January or February I will be so ready to go someplace.

Sandie & Jim Dixon

Traveling with Scooter and Skittlez

www.wherearethedixonstoday.blogspot.com

Darn Linda ain't going to be cooking Spaghetti this winter, I'll have to find someone else to mooch from. Maybe I'll go to Texas just to get a big plate of Spaghetti. Went to the commissary this morning to get a few items to tide me over until I can beg and plea for someone else to feed me. I found the prices there about the same as any Super Market in town. However the store was immaculate and the service super. After taking my walk I sat outside a carved until it got uncomfortable then came in and took a Steve. If nobody goes to Yuma this year I might starve to death.

Edited by IYQ

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

Sounds like we're going to have some folks in AZ this winter. So I would love to have a get together of whoever is around. I really enjoyed Yuma last January. The weather was just about perfect except for a few cold days. But I'm open to anywhere. We'll actually be spending a lot of time in Apache Junction. Jim has had a lousy summer because he hasn't been able to go fishing. So I'm hoping he can spends lots and lots of time fishing when we get to AZ. So by January or February I will be so ready to go someplace.

I'll be there if you cook me some Spaghetti.

Edited by IYQ

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

Here's a thought for everyone ... Sandie and I were texting (we do that often) and wondering who might have plans on wintering in Arizona this year ???? Any thoughts?

We plan on being in the Aransas Pass,Texas area for most of the winter, probably not make it to Az.

http://www.toadswildadventures.blogspot.com/

Just travelin' down life's highway-toot-toot!

We plan on being in the Aransas Pass,Texas area for most of the winter, probably not make it to Az.

That's great (that you'll be in the Aransas area (not that you'll miss AZ... :lol:), 'cause we expect to be there too!

Anyone else heading for south TX this winter?

Dave and Nancy

99 Foretravel U270 36'

02 Subaru WRX 14'

Photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/roundfeet/

The fine in Oregon is only about $300 a crab.

That would make the other ones pretty expensive. Last I knew here it was $75.00, but that was several years ago. Decided to save my money yesterday and didn't take the pots out. Actually I found out it is Race Week here and bout the only thing I'd have brought back in was empty pots. :( Dang Pot Robbers :angry: , always happens during Race Week.

Joe

Joe

The "Doghouse" 04 Tiffin Phaeton 40TGH

TOAD--2008 Dodge Dakota

That's great (that you'll be in the Aransas area (not that you'll miss AZ... :lol:), 'cause we expect to be there too!

Anyone else heading for south TX this winter?

We're thinking we are. That is we're thinking about it. We're not sure where or what but we're ready for a change. We just have to find someplace that will take us.

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

http://blog.willywagon.net

Not sure when you are leaving Montana but we may be that way about the beginning of October weather permitting.

Hey Jim the fishing is great here. A guy told me he had his line in the water about an hour and had caught his limit.

Come on up.

Doug and Toni Laird

2008 Gulfstream BT Cruiser 30'

2014 Nissan Versa

Our newest furfriend - Zoe - a beautiful black and white cat

Our blog - http://stixandbrix.blogspot.ca

event.png

Spaghetti will be served. That's a promise.

Thanks Sandie, For a while I thought I'd have to starve all winter with every one heading for Texas. I used to spend my winters in Mission, Tx but I went down there a couple of years ago on my way back east from AZ and I couldn't stand the place. So I left the next morning and headed north. I did enjoy the State Park at Edna, Tx just east of Victoria (Lake Texanna).

The man that is going to fix my topper and put some window shades on the slide windows didn't come today to get his deposit check. Either he trust me or didn't bother about ordering the shades. So I didn't get to act like a tourist today. But I did enjoy the day just watching the world go by.

For us, the current winter (Dec-March) plan is to be back in Mesa AZ doing the workamp bartender thing. We spent Feb 2010 in Port Aransas, thats why we went to AZ last winter. We plan on going back to MI right after Labor Day and staying till Thanksgiving. Then high-tailing it right on out of there before any measurable amounts of snow. But with this crazy weather we are all experiencing who knows what to expect.

travel safe and enjoy the ride

Eric and Karla Trippe w/ their dog Kora always in our thoughts
2006 3650 Georgie Boy Landau.. on a F53 chassis.
pulling a Malibu Maxx...w/ a kayak on top (Liquid Logic Duce Coupe)

09/16 update, after 8 yrs of fting, bought a house in Crystal Lake, IL

http://acoupleofboomers.blogspot.com

For us, the current winter (Dec-March) plan is to be back in Mesa AZ doing the workamp bartender thing. We spent Feb 2010 in Port Aransas, thats why we went to AZ last winter. We plan on going back to MI right after Labor Day and staying till Thanksgiving. Then high-tailing it right on out of there before any measurable amounts of snow. But with this crazy weather we are all experiencing who knows what to expect.

We'll be in Apache Junction so it'll be great to see you guys again. How about Sharon and Sherry?

Sandie & Jim Dixon

The guy that is going to work on my trailer finally got here this morning. About all I learned is he hasn't ordered the parts yet because he came to measure again. He Swears it will be done by Thrusday so I hope so. After he left I went to town to get an LP gas bottle filled. I'm surprised I found it right away. The traffic in this town is murder. And their are so many of those places where you can't get to there from here. I don't think I could stand to live here full time. It's a mess. I had planned on going out to play tourist this afternoon but before I got gone a Thunder boomer wandered in and it's nearly 6 PM now and it's still booming out there. There wasn't a whole lot of rain with it but enough to keep the trees from being thirsty. I had planned on taking the COG Railway to the top of Pikes Peak but I was talking to a man who had a bunch of things taken from his truck while it was parked when he took the train last year. I think I'll drive up now cause I've got a bunch of stuff in the back of mine. They say there are many places to pull off the road and take pictures or whatever. And as far as going to the summit. It doesn't thrill me that much. Pikes Peak isn't that much of a mountain. There are 30 peaks in Colorado that are higher than Pikes Peak. They just don't have a train running around on their summits.

The guy that is going to work on my trailer finally got here this morning. About all I learned is he hasn't ordered the parts yet because he came to measure again. He Swears it will be done by Thrusday so I hope so. After he left I went to town to get an LP gas bottle filled. I'm surprised I found it right away. The traffic in this town is murder. And their are so many of those places where you can't get to there from here. I don't think I could stand to live here full time. It's a mess. I had planned on going out to play tourist this afternoon but before I got gone a Thunder boomer wandered in and it's nearly 6 PM now and it's still booming out there. There wasn't a whole lot of rain with it but enough to keep the trees from being thirsty. I had planned on taking the COG Railway to the top of Pikes Peak but I was talking to a man who had a bunch of things taken from his truck while it was parked when he took the train last year. I think I'll drive up now cause I've got a bunch of stuff in the back of mine. They say there are many places to pull off the road and take pictures or whatever. And as far as going to the summit. It doesn't thrill me that much. Pikes Peak isn't that much of a mountain. There are 30 peaks in Colorado that are higher than Pikes Peak. They just don't have a train running around on their summits.

I know that traffic in the Springs is a mess..but believe it or not, Foofy girl has mastered that and learned her way around! As for Goofy driving the coach, pulling the Suburban, I think at times we have more guts than brains! But now we've been there enough that we just take the same route to the same places. I never thought about getting things stolen down at the Cog Depot. It's a pretty good part of town. But we always have everything locked up, so if ya don't go I don't blame ya. That town is pretty crazy. It's quite a ways from where you're staying too. We had a storm yesterday and were blessed with about 1/2 inch. Not so hot, just the mid 90s. Almost need a jacket! I sure hope the heat is gone by the time I get there around the 15th~!

As Always,

MsKay - Class of '08

Eric, where are you staying in MI? we will be at Haas lake from Sept 1-22, then at Waldenwoods for our daughters wedding. they are giving us a site for 5 nights.

meantime, here we sit, still at the factory getting things fixed. hopefully our last day. gotta go help our daughter move out of her apartment.

Sue and Paul- fulltimed 2009 -2015 with Dozer, our Gray Tuxedo cat

2012 DRV Mobile Suites 36TKSB4 pulled by a 2020 F350 Platinum

Our "vacation home" : 2018 Arctic Fox 1150 truck camper

RIP Dozey

http://soos-ontheroad.blogspot.com/

I drove up Pikes Peak today, Because you'se guys told me there was no air up there I took a big plastic bag full with me. But, it must have had a hole in it because there was no air in it either when I needed it. It was too hazy for any good photography so I just sat and peered through the haze for a few minutes then went back down the hill to find an AIR filling station. Didn't find one but there was plenty of air down at the bottom anyway so I didn't need it. LOL When I got back to the Academy I took a Steve for about half an hour then went to the commissary to pick up a few items. Tomorrow I think I might go to Garden of the gods and plan to eat lunch there. I've decided that if I do anything around here I have to do it in the morning because there are thunder boomers every afternoon. It leaked all over me while I was at the commissary this after noon and it is still pretty noisy out there.

Edited by IYQ

I drove up Pikes Peak today, Because you'se guys told me there was no air up there I took a big plastic bag full with me. But, it must have had a hole in it because there was no air in it either when I needed it. It was too hazy for any good photography so I just sat and peered through the haze for a few minutes then went back down the hill to find an AIR filling station. Didn't find one but there was plenty of air down at the bottom anyway so I didn't need it. LOL When I got back to the Academy I took a Steve for about half an hour then went to the commissary to pick up a few items. Tomorrow I think I might go to Garden of the gods and plan to eat lunch there. I've decided that if I do anything around here I have to do it in the morning because there are thunder boomers every afternoon. It leaked all over me while I was at the commissary this after noon and it is still pretty noisy out there.

And people talk about the RAIN in the North West. Spent 12 years just a bit north of you there and I still miss the Light Shows during the summer. Nothing like sitting and watching the lightining going crazy out on the plains.

As for me I just took "The Doghouse" to the repair shop for a bit of work today and am now sitting here with a glass of Cranberry Juice enjoying some great PNW weather.

Joe

Joe

The "Doghouse" 04 Tiffin Phaeton 40TGH

TOAD--2008 Dodge Dakota

And people talk about the RAIN in the North West. Spent 12 years just a bit north of you there and I still miss the Light Shows during the summer. Nothing like sitting and watching the lightining going crazy out on the plains.

As for me I just took "The Doghouse" to the repair shop for a bit of work today and am now sitting here with a glass of Cranberry Juice enjoying some great PNW weather.

Joe

You're right. Fabulous weather here. We're back inland but only for the day or so as we're making a trip to Seattle tomorrow to drop our grandson off at the airport.

Happy birthday, Linda. :D

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

http://blog.willywagon.net

We've been doing tourist things too, Lee. There was more air over here, and we found a "cloud leak" too, but it's been pretty nice here overall. We had a late lunch/early supper, with Jeff & Suzanne (Two Hams in a Can)yesterday. The last time we saw them was in Deming last winter in a snow storm. We had a lot of fun at, On the Boarder, and a couple of .99 cent margaritas in the process. They are a nice couple and it was a pleasure to meet them again and "break bread". :D

Today we played tourist again and visited Sturgis and Deadwood. Nothing dead about those two places. Sturgis is gearing up for the big motorcycle extravaganza starting next week. There are a lot of motorcycles around hear already, and all kinds of events happening. We saw three gunfights, one trial, and a hanging in Deadwood, along with a rodeo. I think we are going to head out of here on Thursday, so we have another day to visit a few more places before we leave. We could easily spend a month or two around here as there are many things to see and the weather here is great.

I bought a GPS yesterday for the truck. I wound up getting a Garmin 1490 at Sam's club,and I think it will do the job nicely. This one came with free lifetime map updates and blue-tooth for the phone, so we'll try it out. Got us back from Deadwood tonight, so it works! I was going to get one of the new Rand McNally RV ones, but no-one around here had one and it was $200 more than the one I got with not that many extra features. I does have a truck sizing /warning thing which I would have liked to try out, but I guess I will just have to look out the windows.. :lol:

We are not sure about where we will be spending the winter yet, but one thing we will do is hunt some of you down where ever you are. :P More later Steve

2007 Tiffin Allegro Bus 42 QRP
"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
Roadmaster Sterling tow bar
08 Dodge Dakota toad
Sea Eagle 10.6sr Inflatable

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

Steve - where are you guys headed from the Black Hills?

For those of you who don't read my blogs - our news is: we now have a truck and fifth wheel (again). Haven't moved into it yet, it needs new shoes which it will get tomorrow. Then we need to get the motohome sold. That's what happens when you sit in one spot way too long.

Sandie & Jim Dixon

July 27 til Aug 1. At the Lake Shawnee Campground in Topeka, KS. A nice park on Lake Shawnee with a 7 mile bike path all the way around the lake. We have been here before and really like it. It is still so hot!! Then we will head out to the fair in Bellville, KS. Stumbled across this fair in the middle of nowhere a few years ago and loved it! It was a great fair with monster truck pulls and the mini-stock car races, plus the carnival and 4-H stuff.

Just left Chanute, KS, after an 8 day ordeal of passing time in a hotel while having serious repairs done to our Hitchhiker. Not a fun time and it was so Hot! Hot! Hot! Hope we don't have to go thru anything else like that for for a very long time!!!

Carol

The Simpsons

Fulltimers from Va. Beach, VA

2008 37' Hitchhiker, 2008 Dodge Ram 3500

blog: cas32.blogspot.com

Steve - where are you guys headed from the Black Hills?

For those of you who don't read my blogs - our news is: we now have a truck and fifth wheel (again). Haven't moved into it yet, it needs new shoes which it will get tomorrow. Then we need to get the motohome sold. That's what happens when you sit in one spot way too long.

Congrats on your big changes! I am also in the research stages of our next "Big Move" which may be downsizing as well. I am sure that some of the places that I want to go is really not friendly to this big rig and I won't enjoy the travel and the stress of every little thing going wrong with this one. Hope you get all your "beginning bugs" worked out of the rig, and the new details completed soon...there's always a getting used to period with all new things. Less stress is always better! Good luck with your new home!

As Always,

MsKay - Class of '08

I didn't get to the Garden of the Gods this morning as planned. At 6 AM this morning my phone rang and I jumped out of bed to answer it. It was a recorded message from Wake Forest Medical Center in Winston, Salem, NC saying my doctor had requested an appointment for me and to pleas call ??? ??? ???? or ??? ??? ???? and hung up. Of course standing there in the dark in my skivies I was able to get all those numbers and write them down. YEAH!!!! I looked up the number in my received calls page on the phone and called it back. I got another recording tell me that If I was calling about an appointment I should call one of the numbers given to me in the previous call. GREAT!!! What number??? I looked in my phone contacts and found the number for the doctor I had seen last year. I called it and got another recorded message saying they were on medical leave and would be back on XXXXX and to leave my name and number and they would call when they got back. I looked in the all Received calls page on my phone and found another number with the same Area Code and called it. I got a recorded message again but this time I got a menu to respond to and I finally got a gal to talk with. She wasn't the one I needed but she kept me on the line while she tried to call the appointments dept. I got elevator music for about 15 minutes. The same gal finally came back on and said they were either way behind on calls or gone to lunch and gave me a number I could call later but told me to stay on the line while she tried one more time. This time after about 10 minutes of very scratchy elevator music I finally got the appointments desk and was able to cancel the appointment the doctor had made and she gave me a phone number I could call next year when I get back to NC and get a new appointment. So I hope that will be the end of the 6AM wake up calls. Needless to say after all of that It was a little late to think about going to the Garden of the Gods. Maybe this weekend???? Oh, and she said the doctor on my record no longer works there and the one that I saw last year doesn't work there anymore either. She told me the new doctors name that is taking over but I promply forgot it. I don't think I'll call next year for an appointment unless I have something radically wrong with me. Hush Steve I know what you're thinking.

WOW....Sandie....that's one way to get back on the road!!! Congratulations on your new home! Can't wait to see it and hear all about it. :D

Paul & Marsha Weaver
Bella our cat
2008 Carriage Cameo 35' SB3
2010 Ford F350 DRW
Blog: http://wheresweaver.blogspot.com
SKP# 102686