Classes of 2008 and 2009

Well I went to Wally World and got the Aleve this morning and while I was at it, I had breakfast at Denny's. I opened the bottle and took a peek inside. There were 100 BLUE pills. Now, I've heard about those BLUE pills and with the shape my back and hip are in I just don't know if I should be messing with BLUE pills. Steve said he took them all the time and followed them with an aspirin. But he has that sawed off shot gun. I don't have anything protecting me except my Cowboy hat. Gee, decisions, decisions, decisions. Oh Well, What the heck. Gulp. Hey they work and it last for 12 hours. Wow! But I don't think I can last for 12 hours at anything. Hey folks were talking about pain relievers but the facts are still out. I've only taken them twice. The first dose did last for a long time but I've decided on an 8 hour schedule instead of a 12 hour schedule. It will take a day or two to see if they take away enough of the pain to be better than the Ibuprofen which I was only getting about 3 1/2 hours relief from. I do like the fact that I'm not having to take them so often. With the Ibuprofen I couldn't completely get ride of the pain and still stay withing the recommended maximum doseage. With the Aleve I am taking the exact recommended maximum dosage and it seems to work but does not completely take the pain away for more than 6 hours when it starts creeping back. I'll give you another report when the level of pain releiver in my system has a chance to level out. There Sandie, that's your first report. I hope Jim gets a kick out of it and some lasting relief.

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well I went to Wally World and got the Aleve this morning and while I was at it, I had breakfast at Denny's. I opened the bottle and took a peek inside. There were 100 BLUE pills. Now, I've heard about those BLUE pills and with the shape my back and hip are in I just don't know if I should be messing with BLUE pills. Steve said he took them all the time and followed them with an aspirin. But he has that sawed off shot gun. I don't have anything protecting me except my Cowboy hat. Gee, decisions, decisions, decisions. Oh Well, What the heck. Gulp. Hey they work and it last for 12 hours. Wow! But I don't think I can last for 12 hours at anything. Hey folks were talking about pain relievers but the facts are still out. I've only taken them twice. The first dose did last for a long time but I've decided on an 8 hour schedule instead of a 12 hour schedule. It will take a day or two to see if they take away enough of the pain to be better than the Ibuprofen which I was only getting about 3 1/2 hours relief from. I do like the fact that I'm not having to take them so often. With the Ibuprofen I couldn't completely get ride of the pain and still stay withing the recommended maximum doseage. With the Aleve I am taking the exact recommended maximum dosage and it seems to work but does not completely take the pain away for more than 6 hours when it starts creeping back. I'll give you another report when the level of pain releiver in my system has a chance to level out. There Sandie, that's your first report. I hope Jim gets a kick out of it and some lasting relief.

The only thing to watch for with those is stomach bleeding....and if yer taking aspirin too...yer blood could get pretty thin! That's good for inflamation...I hope it takes enough of the pain away to get ya some relief so you can at least rest. Back pain is terrible. We knew you were a pain in the Butt! All we want is for you to get better! Probably would be a good idea to get checked out. They may give ya muscle relaxers too and it would be a great idea at that point not to have to drive! Please take care...and hope you get down there where there's someone to help ya do stuff if ya need something. Let us know how you are! Take care and try to rest!Lots of times, that's all that helps Danny. Time and rest.

As Always,

MsKay - Class of '08

I switched back to Ibuprofen, The Aleve just was not doing the job with mega doses. The Ibuprofin works pretty good taking 2 tablets every 6 hours for 3 times a day and one Ibuprofen PM just before bed. That's only one pill, the PM job, more than the recommended Maximum 6 pill dose per day. And, I could probably do without the PM job. I've got the trailer all hooked up and ready to pull out in the morning just incase I find I have to split the trip into too days instead of one. And wouldn't you know. I no more than got the truck hooked up and the hoses put away when we got a thunder boomer which is still making a lot of noise out there. If you don't hear from me, it'll be because they locked me up in a Hospital room and won't let me have any cranberry juice. So drink lots for me too.

Edited by IYQ

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

Guess I won't be going to Wally World and buying Aleve. Sure hope you can make the drive okay tomorrow. Glad you got the stuff put away before the thunder boomers came to visit. Jim finally got the macerator installed today and also his battery box. We're making head way which is a good thing since we leave on Wednesday. I'm so excited. Hope I remember how to get ready to pull out.

Sandie & Jim Dixon

Traveling with Scooter and Skittlez

www.wherearethedixonstoday.blogspot.com

Lee, sorry to hear that the aleve didn't do you any good, it seems to help me more than ibuprofen. Sounds like you need a good hot tub to soak in.

Thunder boomers are something we haven't heard since we left Oklahoma in June. They even promised me rain up here in Seattle and so far haven't been able to come up with any.

We got through with my nephew's wedding yesterday. Our son flew in from Oklahoma for the wedding, so it was good to see him too. It was held in the Fremont Abby in North Seattle by the Zoo. We were the flower haulers, and we were on our way to the Abby with the flowers, when all of a sudden traffic came to a stop. Nothing was moving, and when we finally did get to move, we found out there was a house fire a block from the church! :o We were starting to get a little nervous about getting all the flowers there on time, but we made it OK, with a few minutes to spare. Nice wedding, and the groom had his "rock and blues" band there to play after the ceremony. I didn't realize he was such an accomplished guitar player, but he was great, and played a little in the "BB King" style. We "rocked the abbey", until about 10:00 PM and then started back for the bus. Turns out the tunnel we had been using to get back and forth through town was closed for some reason, and we got dumped right out in downtown Seattle. :blink: Our little GPS finally managed to get us home, but it sure was an interesting route. Saw some parts of Seattle that were sure not on the "tourist" list! :lol: We have to head out for Fisherman's Terminal this morning to take my brothers boat out on lake Union for a "hangover cruise", so that should be interesting. Steve

2007 Tiffin Allegro Bus 42 QRP
"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
Roadmaster Sterling tow bar
08 Dodge Dakota toad
Sea Eagle 10.6sr Inflatable

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

Guess I won't be going to Wally World and buying Aleve. Sure hope you can make the drive okay tomorrow. Glad you got the stuff put away before the thunder boomers came to visit. Jim finally got the macerator installed today and also his battery box. We're making head way which is a good thing since we leave on Wednesday. I'm so excited. Hope I remember how to get ready to pull out.

It's just like riding a bike! You just will have a few different ways to do it now~! We have sat for about 1 1/2 months...longer than intended and will be another couple weeks til we depart this area. Decided now to stay until just after Labor Day and forgo the last vacation weekend. Have safe journey and enjoy that new rig!

As Always,

MsKay - Class of '08

Lee, sorry to hear about your back. I have had back trouble all my life, with surgery once and pt many times. All that keeps me going now is daily stretching and occasionaly 800ml ibeprophin. Hope you find relieve soon.

Wow Jim and Sandie, another rig! You are going to need a sales license soon with all your mh/car/truck changes.

Hope everybody else is doing well and has had a great summer. And summer is winding down. As always plans are changing for us. And thats a good thing. We decided to stay in MI and Chicago till after Thanksgiving, to be w/ new the grandchild and my kids which put us into Mesa AZ early Dec. Well, the tiki bar needs to be fully staffed by Nov 1, so we are out of the tiki bar business. No big deal, more important to be w/ family and able to do what WE want to do.

So we have no plans yet for the winter, thinking FL? TX? Tuscon? S CA?

Hope to see some of you down the road as we are going to be movin' again soon.

safe travel and enjoy the ride

eric/karla

travel safe and enjoy the ride

Eric and Karla Trippe w/ their dog Kora always in our thoughts
2006 3650 Georgie Boy Landau.. on a F53 chassis.
pulling a Malibu Maxx...w/ a kayak on top (Liquid Logic Duce Coupe)

09/16 update, after 8 yrs of fting, bought a house in Crystal Lake, IL

http://acoupleofboomers.blogspot.com

Lee, sorry to hear about your back. I have had back trouble all my life, with surgery once and pt many times. All that keeps me going now is daily stretching and occasionaly 800ml ibeprophin. Hope you find relieve soon.

Wow Jim and Sandie, another rig! You are going to need a sales license soon with all your mh/car/truck changes.

Hope everybody else is doing well and has had a great summer. And summer is winding down. As always plans are changing for us. And thats a good thing. We decided to stay in MI and Chicago till after Thanksgiving, to be w/ new the grandchild and my kids which put us into Mesa AZ early Dec. Well, the tiki bar needs to be fully staffed by Nov 1, so we are out of the tiki bar business. No big deal, more important to be w/ family and able to do what WE want to do.

So we have no plans yet for the winter, thinking FL? TX? Tuscon? S CA?

Hope to see some of you down the road as we are going to be movin' again soon.

safe travel and enjoy the ride

eric/karla

Nice to hear from you. Glad you are both well.

We know about the working thing. We do what we have to.

We hope to see you down the road.

Hugs!

Doug and Toni Laird

2008 Gulfstream BT Cruiser 30'

2014 Nissan Versa

Our newest furfriend - Zoe - a beautiful black and white cat

Our blog - http://stixandbrix.blogspot.ca

event.png

tonight finds me in Las Cruces, NM and I made the 294 mile jaunt without a bit of pain. I was a little sore when I first woke up because I'd been nearly 12 hours without any Ibuprofen. I took two and layed back down for about 15 minutes to let them get a start. Then got up took my trash to the dumpster and rolled in the electric cord and raised the tongue jack and took off. I had planned on stopping near Socorro which is half way if I was feeling bad but I felt fine and kept right on going. I gave Dave C. a yell as I went by the Tourist Trap and we talked for about 30 miles. I told him to run outside a wave at me as I went by but he was too busy talking. I may not have seen him from 8 miles away so I'll let him off the hook. I've looked in the phone book and there is every kind of doctor you can think of in this town. So, I shouldn't have much trouble getting in to see one of them. Have fun kids and don't fight.

tonight finds me in Las Cruces, NM and I made the 294 mile jaunt without a bit of pain. I was a little sore when I first woke up because I'd been nearly 12 hours without any Ibuprofen. I took two and layed back down for about 15 minutes to let them get a start. Then got up took my trash to the dumpster and rolled in the electric cord and raised the tongue jack and took off. I had planned on stopping near Socorro which is half way if I was feeling bad but I felt fine and kept right on going. I gave Dave C. a yell as I went by the Tourist Trap and we talked for about 30 miles. I told him to run outside a wave at me as I went by but he was too busy talking. I may not have seen him from 8 miles away so I'll let him off the hook. I've looked in the phone book and there is every kind of doctor you can think of in this town. So, I shouldn't have much trouble getting in to see one of them. Have fun kids and don't fight.

So glad you had an easy day. That's quite a lot of miles! Hope you have good luck finding a doctor and getting some answers. Let us know how you get along. :} We'll try to behave, but it's aweful hard without you keeping everyone in line!!!

As Always,

MsKay - Class of '08

8/21 to 8/27 We are in Helana, MT, at the Lincoln RV Park surrounded by mountains and watched the sun go down behind them from the CG. Ain't life grand?!? Will stay a week and take advantage of the reduced rate and do a few fun things around town. Been thru here but never stopped long enough to explore.

We just left Billings, MT, and had a really nice visit with Jim and Sandie. Got to go to the fair and a rodeo! Yee-Haa! Sandie took my picture with my cowgirl hat on and I emailed it to the kids so they could drool over their mom having so much fun!! We also took the loop drive thru the Beartooth Mtns. and if you EVER in the Billings area, it is a drive not to be missed! The scenery up there is just breathtaking!

Sandie and Jim, it was just so nice getting to know you better and sure hope we see you soon in AZ! Thanks again for your good company!

Carol

Edited by Carol A

The Simpsons

Fulltimers from Va. Beach, VA

2008 37' Hitchhiker, 2008 Dodge Ram 3500

blog: cas32.blogspot.com

I tried to get into all the Orthopedic clinics this morning but no dice. The earliest any of them would give me an appointment was the end of September. So, I went to an Urgent Care Clinic and was seen right away. They X-rayed my spine and hip. The Doctor said my spine was in excelent contition especially for my age. She saw a little Arthuritis in my hip but really not very much. She told me to stay completely away form NSAID pain killers like Ibuprofen and Aleve because they are very hard on the kidneys and I've had one removed so with only one kidney left I'm especially at risk of kidney failure. She gave me a prescription for a Nerve Relaxer and a pain reliever that does not get processed by the kidney. She also referred me to a Physical Therapy clinic for the arthuritis, Hip and lower back. She specified for Home Care training and ask if I could stay near the area for a while to make sure every things works as planned. It takes a while for the Nerve meds to build up in my system so I'm in a bit of pain now but I have high hopes.

I tried to get into all the Orthopedic clinics this morning but no dice. The earliest any of them would give me an appointment was the end of September. So, I went to an Urgent Care Clinic and was seen right away. They X-rayed my spine and hip. The Doctor said my spine was in excelent contition especially for my age. She saw a little Arthuritis in my hip but really not very much. She told me to stay completely away form NSAID pain killers like Ibuprofen and Aleve because they are very hard on the kidneys and I've had one removed so with only one kidney left I'm especially at risk of kidney failure. She gave me a prescription for a Nerve Relaxer and a pain reliever that does not get processed by the kidney. She also referred me to a Physical Therapy clinic for the arthuritis, Hip and lower back. She specified for Home Care training and ask if I could stay near the area for a while to make sure every things works as planned. It takes a while for the Nerve meds to build up in my system so I'm in a bit of pain now but I have high hopes.

Sounds like this doctor actually knows what she's talking about. That's great news. Even if it means you have to stay there longer than you planned. Hope the new meds kick in quickly. Now behave yourself while you're there and don't chase too many of those desert dames.

Sandie & Jim Dixon

Traveling with Scooter and Skittlez

www.wherearethedixonstoday.blogspot.com

I'm glad you got in somewhere. I didn't think about NSaids and Kidney stuff...but soooo true, and you would have been taking a lot....good thing you didn't. HOpe the PT goes well. I used to always go to PT for my back and it really helped. Thoughts are with ya, hang in and Do what you can, and might as well rest while ya have to stay there!

As Always,

MsKay - Class of '08

I went to PT this morning and they had a 5 page consent form to sign. I read it and it allowed them the do or charge anything they desired and each paragraph was followed by a clause that said I have a right to dispute but they have a right to ignore my dispute if they deemed it necessary. The one clause that really ticked me off was one that said If your insurance doesn't pay the full amount we have billed we will bill you personally and if it is not pain in a timely manor we have the right to turn it over to a collection agent. I talked to one of the supervisors and she said well just initial anything you don't agree with. Initialing something on a legal document is considered agreeing with it. I told her that and she said well we can't treat you unless you sign the form. I told her in no way would I sign that form unless it was re-worded. That was the end of my PT. I had a booklet with all the exercises for the lower back but I've looked everywhere and can't find it. I must have tossed it out. I'll do a search tonight on the internet and see if I can't find an authoritive exercise program. I plan on making an appointment with an orthopedist so that I have something to fall back on and a source for information and a second opinion. The nerve relaxer that the doctor prescribed for me seems to be working pretty good. I've only taken 2 pills so far and I've only had to take the pain reliever twice. And one of them was to be able to go to Wal Mart and get groceries. I sleep like a baby now that I can lie on either side comfortably. The really bad news is I have to lay off the cranberry juice for a while. I'm going to start walking again but very slowly now that I know there is no major problem with my hip or spine.

Edited by IYQ

google "Healing Back Pain Naturally" by Art Brownstien, it is available at amazon, used and new, lots of exersizes and stretches to help get you thru this. I swear by the book, good luck

I went to PT this morning and they had a 5 page consent form to sign. I read it and it allowed them the do or charge anything they desired and each paragraph was followed by a clause that said I have a right to dispute but they have a right to ignore my dispute if they deemed it necessary. The one clause that really ticked me off was one that said If your insurance doesn't pay the full amount we have billed we will bill you personally and if it is not pain in a timely manor we have the right to turn it over to a collection agent. I talked to one of the supervisors and she said well just initial anything you don't agree with. Initialing something on a legal document is considered agreeing with it. I told her that and she said well we can't treat you unless you sign the form. I told her in no way would I sign that form unless it was re-worded. That was the end of my PT. I had a booklet with all the exercises for the lower back but I've looked everywhere and can't find it. I must have tossed it out. I'll do a search tonight on the internet and see if I can't find an authoritive exercise program. I plan on making an appointment with an orthopedist so that I have something to fall back on and a source for information and a second opinion. The nerve relaxer that the doctor prescribed for me seems to be working pretty good. I've only taken 2 pills so far and I've only had to take the pain reliever twice. And one of them was to be able to go to Wal Mart and get groceries. I sleep like a baby now that I can lie on either side comfortably. The really bad news is I have to lay off the cranberry juice for a while. I'm going to start walking again but very slowly now that I know there is no major problem with my hip or spine.

travel safe and enjoy the ride

Eric and Karla Trippe w/ their dog Kora always in our thoughts
2006 3650 Georgie Boy Landau.. on a F53 chassis.
pulling a Malibu Maxx...w/ a kayak on top (Liquid Logic Duce Coupe)

09/16 update, after 8 yrs of fting, bought a house in Crystal Lake, IL

http://acoupleofboomers.blogspot.com

We have had terrible, terrible internet. Those forms have a purpose. It's to cover themselves if they screw up. We received a dental bill once that we were expected to pay since our insurance company had refused to pay it. The reason they refused to pay it was because the dentist hadn't billed them until after the time limit had run out --- 3 1/2 years later.

Take care of yourself, Lee. We want you feeling good again.

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

http://blog.willywagon.net

Not much to report tonight. I've been a little sore all day so I spent almost the whole day lying in bed. One more calamity, I've either been locked out or forgot my password for my bank account. It's been working for me. Getting old is not only a pain in the butt but it rough. I found the exercise program for low back pain on the American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons web site. So, I've started my own Physical Therapy program.

Lee,

take care of yourself! You can always go to just one PT session and have them show you how to do the exercises.

we are still in IN, but will head to Michigan for a month next Friday.

Eric, I lost your number and email. send me a note if you are going to be at Waldenwoods or in the area!

Sue

Sue and Paul- fulltimed 2009 -2015 with Dozer, our Gray Tuxedo cat

2012 DRV Mobile Suites 36TKSB4 pulled by a 2020 F350 Platinum

Our "vacation home" : 2018 Arctic Fox 1150 truck camper

RIP Dozey

http://soos-ontheroad.blogspot.com/

Not much to report tonight. I've been a little sore all day so I spent almost the whole day lying in bed. One more calamity, I've either been locked out or forgot my password for my bank account. It's been working for me. Getting old is not only a pain in the butt but it rough. I found the exercise program for low back pain on the American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons web site. So, I've started my own Physical Therapy program.

Well, while wonderful news that it's not your spine or hips....it may be the muscles around that area and spasms...You know I live with the master of the back problems! Knock on wood, we've had a good year without much down time because of it! Now I watch Regis and Kelly and Regis last year had a horrible time with the "Soreass" muscle in his Glutemus Maximus! While you're researching things....keep that in mind. He is very active and plays tennis and injured it. Regis turned 80 today! Hope you can find exercises that will help as you have always walked and been active. Might just need a rest!

As Always,

MsKay - Class of '08

Guest coldsmoke

starting our long ride today. headed to fairbanks, then haines then catch the ferry to skagway then down to somewheres maybe montana. depending on weather we head east or soutn from there. car is loaded, atv is loaded , in other words we are overloaded, no room for a dang boat .......... jeez..

hope to meet upo with some of you

mike and deb

Anyone going to the Escapade? I plan to be there on Wednesday and Thursday as a walk in. That is my days off. I would like to meet-up with some of you.

event.png

Glyn (KL0PG) & Diane Carson
2002 I-H 4400 Papa's Dream (Mama's Nightmare)
2015 Space Craft V400
Furkid Max

email: dlcarsonak@hotmail.com

The exercises seem to be doing a little good but it's too early to really tell. I'm just doing the preliminary set of exercises now which are mostly just stretching this and that. I plan on getting to an Orthopedic Surgeon for further diagnostic work before moving to the more aggressive exercises. The doctor I went to here only used X-ray and X-ray don't show the soft tissue that might be feeding up inbetween bones and joints. I think an orthopedist or a nerve specialist would do C scans or MRI before having me do many strenuous exercises. This pain has been holding on too long not to have something wrong somewhere. It would be the end of September before I could see an Orthopedist in this town so I'm thinking of going to Deming. According to the phone book they have an Orthopedic Clinic there. And, Because the LOW headquarters is there I would have friends that would help me if I needed it. Have fun don't fight.

OK,"pops" we'll promise to keep it clean. But don't stay away too long as we have a hard time remembering what we were supposed to "stop doing"! :lol:

Had quite a busy day today. Got up early as we are next to Ft. Flagler at Smitty's RV park. Today was the day we had to take my brother's boat from Seattle to Ft. Flagler. I had to go back to Seattle to ride with him on the boat to be able to help him through the locks. That meant that Carol had to drive me to the ferry dock in Kingston at 7:55 to allow me to walk on the ferry. We didn't get an early enough start, and we were pulling into the ferry dock at 7:55 and I didn't think I would make it. When I actually did get to the ferry before it left, the attendant said "what's the rush, you had a couple of minutes to spare". :unsure: Anyway I made it and they had a fine apple fritter and coffee on the ferry, so all was fine in the end. We took his boat through the locks and it took us about 4 1/2 hours to get to Flagler. Nice day out there, and smooth seas. We put out 4 crab pots when we got there and checked them in a couple of hours and limited out. Then we took them to the bus, cooked em and had them with corn on the cob. Butter was slinging everywhere :rolleyes: . Went back to his boat for a nightcap, and watch the sun go down, and were filled with the thoughts that "this is the way to live"! Now I'm exhausted, so I'm going to "pull a Steve", nite all!! ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

2007 Tiffin Allegro Bus 42 QRP
"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
Roadmaster Sterling tow bar
08 Dodge Dakota toad
Sea Eagle 10.6sr Inflatable

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"