Classes of 2008 and 2009

It is great seeing Jeri and Terry and Jerry and Janice all again. And Bandit was glad to see Duchess, he found her stash of treats already. :lol:

So today I think I'll take the boat out and see if we can't get a few Crab to accept our invitation to dinner.

Joe

Joe caught so many crabs we ate until we were stuffed and still had some left. Spiker RV Resort is terrific, definetely the place to stay in the PNW. Manager gave both of us the best spots in the park. We even have a view of the water, of course we parked where Joe has to stand on one foot and lean way over to see the water now. While Joe has talked his buddies to stop you, at the ferry all we had to do was offer a little money and they carried us over. No problem, come on over. It is great visiting with Jeri, Terry and Joe again and eating and eating!!!

Jerry

http://www.toadswildadventures.blogspot.com/

Just travelin' down life's highway-toot-toot!

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It sounds like waaay too much fun is being had at the Spiker Resort! We're trying to get our "bribe money" together for our "assault" on the island, but things like that take time. :rolleyes:

We had a fun time here yesterday in Coeur d' Alene. We started with breakfast in a diner called Jimmy's down the street! This was one of the places featured in the Diner, drive in, and dives, show last year and it sure lived up to it's reputation. The biscuits they served were about the size of the hubcaps on BessyBus, and everything else was great too. Then we toured around Lake Hayden, which is another smaller lake just north of town, and decided to put the little boat in and tool around. We spent the afternoon driving by the docks of fancy homes on the lake and enjoying the perfect weather. Next weekend is a big wooden boat show on Coeur d' Alene, and a few of the boats were being "checked out" on the lake we were on, so we got a little show too.

Next week we will be heading to Seattle for my nephew's wedding on Saturday. We are going to get there Thursday, and will be parked in the driveway of the bride's parents home just north of Green Lake. Our son is going to fly in from Oklahoma on Friday, so we will be there to pick him up. They will be having a rehearsal dinner Friday night, so maybe we can sneak some crab there. :D My sister and her husband are coming in to the wedding from Colorado, so it will be nice to see them there too. Sort of a small family reunion! Well time to get ready to do a little more exploring around here. Have a good day and go work off some of that crab. Steve

2007 Tiffin Allegro Bus 42 QRP
"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
Roadmaster Sterling tow bar
08 Dodge Dakota toad
Sea Eagle 10.6sr Inflatable

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

I got my mail the first thing this morning so now its all here. I did bank statements till I see numbers in thin air. It is nice to know I'm not broke yet and the battle over the budget didn't hurt me much in the Stock Market. So now that I have all the work done I can do as I please. Guess I'll take a Steve.

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

8-13 to 8-20 We are in Billings, MT, for a week, not only to see some new friends, Jim and Sandie, but also to attend the fair and rodeo. I'm excited about BOTH and I get to play cowgirl again!!

Spent 2 nights in Casper and took a day trip to Independence Rock, Devil's Gate, Matin's Cove, Alcoae Dam, Alcova Resevoir, and Pathfinder resevoir. The resevoirs are in the middle of nowhere, but just very scenic. It was an all day adventure and then left the next day and drove to straight to Billings. Whew, a little tireing so taking a day to do some laundry, go to Wal-Mart, get gas..etc. I think I still need a nap!!

Carol

The Simpsons

Fulltimers from Va. Beach, VA

2008 37' Hitchhiker, 2008 Dodge Ram 3500

blog: cas32.blogspot.com

Well things here at the Resort have sure quieted down now. A mass exodus started about 7:15 this morning. Heard a motor start up and by the time I got to the Office Door Jeri and Teri were heading down the road. Jerry was standing in the middle of the park with a puzzled expression on his face. Said something about Jeri wanting to be early for the Ferry. So the rest of us sat around and had Coffee then about 9 or so Jerry and Janice took off for parts unknown. Had a great time visiting with all of them and made some Jello Ball plans for meeting up somewhere this winter. So now if Steve can get his "Bribe" money together and make it past the Spies there is room for Bessie Bus. I do need to say there is a dent in the Cranberry Juice and the Crab population has been depleted a bit, but the Baaaaad Whiskey came through with only a bit of a battering. :lol:

Joe

Joe

The "Doghouse" 04 Tiffin Phaeton 40TGH

TOAD--2008 Dodge Dakota

Bad news tonight. Remember that pinched nerve or what ever I had last year while in NC. Well it's returned with vengence. I took all day to get the outside stuff put away and only have to hook up the truck and put a few blocks away before I head out for Grants, NM in the morning (108 miles) to try and find an Osteopath or Chiropractor. If I don't find one there I'll keep going and head for Gallup,NM. I'm sure it's large enough to have just about all the professionals. So tomorrow I'll Pop an Ibuprofen and take off. Wish me luck.

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

Bad news tonight. Remember that pinched nerve or what ever I had last year while in NC. Well it's returned with vengence. I took all day to get the outside stuff put away and only have to hook up the truck and put a few blocks away before I head out for Grants, NM in the morning (108 miles) to try and find an Osteopath or Chiropractor. If I don't find one there I'll keep going and head for Gallup,NM. I'm sure it's large enough to have just about all the professionals. So tomorrow I'll Pop an Ibuprofen and take off. Wish me luck.

Lee - I just googled chiropractors in Grants, NM and there are three of them there. Sure hope you can get to one of them and get your back taken care of. Be careful. And let us know how it goes.

Sandie & Jim Dixon

Traveling with Scooter and Skittlez

www.wherearethedixonstoday.blogspot.com

Well things here at the Resort have sure quieted down now. A mass exodus started about 7:15 this morning. Heard a motor start up and by the time I got to the Office Door Jeri and Teri were heading down the road. Jerry was standing in the middle of the park with a puzzled expression on his face. Said something about Jeri wanting to be early for the Ferry. So the rest of us sat around and had Coffee then about 9 or so Jerry and Janice took off for parts unknown. Had a great time visiting with all of them and made some Jello Ball plans for meeting up somewhere this winter. So now if Steve can get his "Bribe" money together and make it past the Spies there is room for Bessie Bus. I do need to say there is a dent in the Cranberry Juice and the Crab population has been depleted a bit, but the Baaaaad Whiskey came through with only a bit of a battering. :lol:

Joe

We had a great time at Spiker's Resort, but all good things have to end.:P Besides we need some rest, Crabbing, sightseeing, car show, art and craft show, craberry juice is hard work. Only reason the baaaaad whiskey survived is Joe had it hid so well we couldn't find until the last night.:angry: We moved about 50 miles or so to Concrete, WA. Not sure why the name is but it is. Thanks Joe, Jeri and Terry for some more great memories and friendship!!!!

J & J :D

Good luck Lee. Liniment too.

Doug and Toni Laird

2008 Gulfstream BT Cruiser 30'

2014 Nissan Versa

Our newest furfriend - Zoe - a beautiful black and white cat

Our blog - http://stixandbrix.blogspot.ca

event.png

Ouch! Hope you can get some relief soon! Try to get something that doesn't restrict intake of cranberry juice. :)

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

If it wasn't for bad luck I wouldn't have any luck at all. After all the getting ready yesterday I got up this morning popped a Ibuprofen and went out to hook up the truck. I found that I had bent the back step on the truck by going over a drop to another road and the hitch couldn't get past the step. So I unhitched every thing I'd done the night before and took the truck to Quemado a little town about 20 sum miles west of Pie Town. I found a auto repair place that had a big hammer and took the bent step off the truck. Then drove back to Pin town to get the trailer. This time was successful so I was underway. About 20 miles from Grants the Ibuprofen started wearing off and I was getting mighty sore so I took another pill. When I got the trailer set up I took a shower and headed for the Chiropractors office. He popped a few joints in my back and neck but I have no idea if he did any good and won't know until the Ibuprofen wears off. I'll stay here for a week and try to stay away from the pills. It I don't hurt too much I'll run down the road about another 25 mile to Blue Water Lake State Park and stay there for a few weeks. By that time it may be cool enough to go down into the lower altitudes. And I'll be staying fairly close to a doctor's office. Right now I still feel great and it's only about an hour from the time the Ibuprofen should be wearing off.

Lee, so you need an adjustment for both you and your truck? I hope you get some relief from the bone cracker, and your truck from the steel whacker!! No fun being in pain all the time.

We're getting ready to move out toward Seattle. Got to find a tank dump place first though. We have a list of places right near here and filed it somewhere. We seem to be just a little too efficient sometimes. :o

"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
08 Dodge Dakota toad

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

We're getting ready to move out toward Seattle. Got to find a tank dump place first though. We have a list of places right near here and filed it somewhere. We seem to be just a little too efficient sometimes. :o

We are in Leavenworth, WA per Joe's recommendation until Monday. You coming this way?

Jerry

We are in Leavenworth, WA per Joe's recommendation until Monday. You coming this way?

Jerry

Hey don't go to the Beer Garden, you could end up forgetting why you are there. And since you are now in position to decoy Steve, GOOD LUCK. :o

Joe

Joe

TOAD--2008 Dodge Dakota

Jerry & Janice, we are parked at the Elks club on 1st Ave on the NW side of the airport. Don't tell Joe though shhhhhhh!

"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
08 Dodge Dakota toad

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

Jerry & Janice, we are parked at the Elks club on 1st Ave on the NW side of the airport. Don't tell Joe though shhhhhhh!

Joe is easy to fool about where you are. Only thing is his spies are everywhere. Once you connect your power cable you are safe. Joe thinks he has to work all the time so it is easy to slip in before he can catch you. Not sure where he keeps the baaaad whiskey but he always came from the rear of the house when he got a drink. Have fun.:D

Jerry

Well, the bone cruncher didn't do much good but I'm able to control the pain with Ibuprofen. My bottle of IB is a little out of date and I don't have the information sheet that comes with it. I'll go buy a new bottle tomorrow just to get the sheet. The thing I don't know is whether taking IB and Aspirin close together can cause problems. I take an aspirin a day to keep the heart attacts away so I'm not taking the IB after 6 PM so I can take an aspirin before going to bed. Now my truck isn't in much better shape either. I had it serviced today and it cost me $158 bucks. I think I'll stop going to Ford and just get the oil and filters changed at Wally World or Cheap Joe's Garage and Pool room. Today Ford even tried to talk me into servicing the Transmission at a cost of over $200. I just had it serviced about 25K ago. As for the back step. That guy's big hammer in Quemado, NM did the trick of getting it off the truck but it don't seem to work right while laying in the back of the pickup box instead of in the receiver tubes it came out of. I think I'll have to have a new one built. It might be much easier than trying to straighten the old one so that it will fit in the receiver tubes again and still be low enough for the trailer hitch to clear the step. Maybe thats what's wrong with my hip. Every time I try to step up on that step to get into the back of the truck my foot hits the ground awful hard. I hope I don't need anything thats very deep into the back of the truck. Without that step, if it ain't right by the back door I just can't get to it.

Well, I don't take ibuprofen, but I take Aleve every day with my aspirin. Hasn't killed me yet, but there's always tomorrow. Sorry you got your step all messed up. I have a good friend that is a welder and general fix it guy that I always can go to to fix things like that in Meeker Oklahoma. Now being in the wilds of Washington state I don't have that privilege any more. I know there are people around here like that, but finding them is another matter. Just have to keep my ears open I guess. Dealers charge way too much for servicing your truck. I had that problem all the time when I had my fleet. Yes, they do know the product better, but and oil change is an oil change and there are a lot of places that can do that sort of thing with reasonable competence.

I think I may have "snuck" under Joe's radar net. He had Jerry & Janice posted in Leavenworth watching for me, but I ducked down and slid under them on I-90. I came into Seattle during "rush hour" and managed to find the Elks club before anyone crashed into me, but it was nip and tuck until we got here. BessyBus had to activate all of her "force fields" to keep the attacking local vehicles off her side. Phew! Now I'm relaxing with an "adult beverage" until my heart rate and blood pressure get back to normal. :lol:

"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
08 Dodge Dakota toad

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

IYQ, I have some left overs from that surgery 4 years ago that could really change your attitude toward that pain. They wouldn't help the healing at all, but you wouldn't care!

Today is my semi annual stock up the trailer run. Wal-Mart is going to love me. I normally keep a thirty day supply on hand. One never knows where one is going to land.

But being here at the Tourist Trap, I've let those supplies run low. The other thing I'm having trouble adjusting to, is the thought of giving up my 500gal water tank and septic system for the winter. It's gonna be a bit of a change when I get back to Quartzsite.

Dave C.

Millie the mooch

2500 D/M CC.

27RL Wildcat

SKP#94751

I think I may have "snuck" under Joe's radar net. He had Jerry & Janice posted in Leavenworth watching for me, but I ducked down and slid under them on I-90. I came into Seattle during "rush hour" and managed to find the Elks club before anyone crashed into me, but it was nip and tuck until we got here. BessyBus had to activate all of her "force fields" to keep the attacking local vehicles off her side. Phew! Now I'm relaxing with an "adult beverage" until my heart rate and blood pressure get back to normal. :lol:

Nope, got a call from several of the spies along that route. Actually deployed a couple of them to help herd you into the Elks without any damage. :lol: HMMMMM guess I'm gonna have to see if there are any Crab left this weekend now. I do konw where a wee bit of that Baaad Whiskey is also. :rolleyes:

Joe

Joe

TOAD--2008 Dodge Dakota

You Know, Getting old is a pain in the butt and that is not a pun. The ibuprofen that worked wonders the day before yesterday only about half worked today. I think I night try something else. Oh well maybe I will be nicer to everyone else now that I know what a pain in the butt feels like.

I went out for Italian tonight. The owner of the park said there are no Italian Restaurants in town but when I queried the GPS navigator on my Phone it gave me two addresses. I went to one at Exit 79 which was actually a Mel's Dinner affair called the WOW. They had a pretty good menu of American, Mexican, Several Asian country foods and a few entrees of Italian food. It was not the best I've ever had but it wasn't bad. I went to get in my truck and saw my watch laying on the floor. The strap had busted and I didn't even know it. I went to Wally World and had a new strap put on. Maybe I can keep up with the times now that I have them strapped to my arm. After Wally World, I found a Hardware and got some large screweyes so fix a place for my blue flame heater to ride to get it out from under the table and give my feet and legs a little more room. I got the truck filled with gas and spent the rest of the day lying on my back wishing for a miracle.

I just got an email from my Niece who is an operating room nurse. She suggested I change from Ibuprofen to Aleve. She said it works better, last longer and I wouldn't have to take as much of it to get the same effect. So I'll get some Aleve and Monday morning I'll head for Las Crusis, NM about 250 miles south. I'd go to Albuquerque but that is far too large a city and would be too hard for me to get around in. All the RV parks are too far from the city and way to expensive for a longer term stay. There is a state park 15 miles north of Las Crusis. I could stay there for 3 weeks. They do have a few electric and sewer sites and even though I may not get one the first night I'd be there to move into one as soon as someone pulls out. Las Crusis population is only about 75 or 80 thousand so I should be able to get around there without too much trouble. In Las Crusis I'll see either an Orthopedist, Osteopath or a pain clinic doctor (What do they call those Pain doctors anyway.) (I know all doctors are a pain) and get the hip xrayed so that I don't cause any further damage before it can be taken care of. If I have to take it easy for a while after I see the Doctor it is only 100 miles to Deming where the Loners on Wheels headquarters is and I have a bunch of friends there. Anyway I'll keep you posted. Today I doubled up on the Ibuprofen and I've been feeling pretty good for the past 6 hours but I feel the pain starting back now. Not to bad though. I'll take one more Ibuprofen for the night then get some Aleve the first thing in the morning. I look like Chester in Gun Smoke when I try to walk.

Edited by IYQ

Lee, I really want to know how the Aleve works for you. Jim's back is not good either and he just can't walk very far at all. He's been taking Advil but maybe the Aleve would be better. So be sure to post how you're doing.

We went to the rodeo last night with Carol and Doug. What a great time. Except it's the first rodeo I've ever been to where the animals won. Nobody could stay on the horses or the bulls and nobody could catch the steers or calves. It was just amazing to see everybody not scoring. The barrel racers did stay on their horses which is a good thing. We also stopped to see the Vietnam Wall moveable memorial that is here. Brought back lots of memories.

Sandie & Jim Dixon

Traveling with Scooter and Skittlez

www.wherearethedixonstoday.blogspot.com