Classes of 2008 and 2009

Hello group and new friend IYQ whom we met at Terry Bison Ranch in Cheyenne Wyoming. (I wonder if the dryers have been repaired yet) We are now in Country Campground in the Amana Coloines in eastern Iowa for a couple of days. Lee, hope to hear from you, we miss you..

Slo Mozey (Jim & Jill)

Hello Jill and Jim, I Stopped in Colorado Springs at the Air Force Academy. I'm going to be here until the 2nd of Aug. I just signed up for another week about an hour ago. I'm having some work done on my trailer. Sure glad to hear from you. Join right in and become part of our group of Unemployed homeless, Drifters. And Tell Jeri, You believe every thing I've told you about her. (Jeri was our Fearless Leader when we first started the Class of 2008 group. We were lousy followers though. Sandy was the leader of the 2009 group and we joined forces last year. Now we are all leaders but none of us know where we are going.) Maybe if we humor Jeri just a little bit we can get her to contact you Via email and get the information she needs to add you to our super duper map that I told you about and tell you how to access it and let us know where you are at, any time you make a move. Dave Sand of Dave and Linda (Sandsys), is the brain that wrote the script to allow us to each access the map and move our own stickpin and enter the location information in the list of memebers. Steve is the guy who invites you to come eat Free Ice Cream then hides the Ice Cream Machine on you so you can't find it. I'm sure you'll find the whole bunch a very interesting group.

Edited by IYQ

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hello group and new friend IYQ whom we met at Terry Bison Ranch in Cheyenne Wyoming. (I wonder if the dryers have been repaired yet) We are now in Country Campground in the Amana Coloines in eastern Iowa for a couple of days. Lee, hope to hear from you, we miss you..

Slo Mozey (Jim & Jill)

Welcome to the group. There really are no leaders. It's like trying to herd cats. We are scattered all over the place. :lol:

Dave C.

Millie the mooch

2500 D/M CC.

27RL Wildcat

SKP#94751

Welcome SloMozey to the strangest best group ever. I gave up trying to lead anything about this group. Like Sailbad said - it's like herding cats. But they are the best friends ever and will give you all kinds of advice whether you want it or not. Where do you plan on spending the winter? Hopefully the southwest somewhere.

Sandie

Sandie & Jim Dixon

Traveling with Scooter and Skittlez

www.wherearethedixonstoday.blogspot.com

Welcome, Jim & Jill from somewhere South of Rapid City. Ice cream machine? what ice cream machine? :rolleyes: psssst I'll give you the combination to the safe that houses the key that unlocks the gate that that that, hmmmm what was I talking about? Anyway keep posting and let us know what's going on with you guys. We are getting ready to check out Mount Rushmore this morning as soon as we check in with our leaders. Oh, yeah, we ain't got no leaders!! :lol: Steve

2007 Tiffin Allegro Bus 42 QRP
"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
Roadmaster Sterling tow bar
08 Dodge Dakota toad
Sea Eagle 10.6sr Inflatable

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

What happened to our leaders??? :unsure: I don't think we should let our leaders off the hook so easily. Leaders for life is what I heard!!! :lol:

Paul

Now, Paul, do you really want more people telling you where to go and what to do? Isn't one enough? :D :D Besides just like mentioned above, herding this group is next to impossible. We have enough trouble keeping track of our own travels.

Here's a thought for everyone ... Sandie and I were texting (we do that often) and wondering who might have plans on wintering in Arizona this year ???? Any thoughts?

Edited by Wanderin'

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

http://blog.willywagon.net

Now, Paul, do you really want more people telling you where to go and what to do? Isn't one enough? :D :D Besides just like mentioned above, herding this group is next to impossible. We have enough trouble keeping track of our own travels.

Here's a thought for everyone ... Sandie and I were texting (we do that often) and wondering who might have plans on wintering in Arizona this year ???? Any thoughts?

We plan on wintering in AZ, but don't know where yet. We have not done that before so want to do it at least once. Let us know if you find a really nice park! Hope we get the chance to meet you.

Carol

The Simpsons

Fulltimers from Va. Beach, VA

2008 37' Hitchhiker, 2008 Dodge Ram 3500

blog: cas32.blogspot.com

Awwwww...see you guys still have planning & leadership in your blood. :D

We will be in Arizona for at least part of the winter (maybe not till Feb....not sure).

Paul

Paul & Marsha Weaver
Bella our cat
2008 Carriage Cameo 35' SB3
2010 Ford F350 DRW
Blog: http://wheresweaver.blogspot.com
SKP# 102686

Awwwww...see you guys still have planning & leadership in your blood. :D

We will be in Arizona for at least part of the winter (maybe not till Feb....not sure).

Paul

Not me ... Sandie was curious about it so thought I'd just ask. With everyone talking about heading other places she was wondering if anyone would be around Arizona for a reunion. That was it. No plans or leadership required but just wondering.

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

we're planning on being in Arizona for at least part of the winter as well. No idea where, and no idea for how long, but that's the tentative gameplan.

As for now, we're still in Howe getting work done on the new rig.

Sue

Sue and Paul- fulltimed 2009 -2015 with Dozer, our Gray Tuxedo cat

2012 DRV Mobile Suites 36TKSB4 pulled by a 2020 F350 Platinum

Our "vacation home" : 2018 Arctic Fox 1150 truck camper

RIP Dozey

http://soos-ontheroad.blogspot.com/

Welcome Jim and Jill to one of the most amusing groups you may ever join. I like the campfire stories you are already collecting so hope we get to hear some details some time. I'm sure we'll get to enjoy some of our previous stories again as you provide us a new audience for them.

I suspect we'll spend most of the winter in Arizona again since we paid all that money to join CRA so need to get some return on our investment.

I sure wish Steve would bring the ice cream machine with him. Think how much better we would like him then. :D. I'm sure glad he got rid of that gun, though. See there's already two stories we need to bring Jim and Jill up to date on. Bring on the campfire.

Linda Sand

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

You bet, we will be there. That is the only for sure plan we have. All depends on the boy and the money but Arizona for sure.

Doug and Toni Laird

2008 Gulfstream BT Cruiser 30'

2014 Nissan Versa

Our newest furfriend - Zoe - a beautiful black and white cat

Our blog - http://stixandbrix.blogspot.ca

event.png

Sounds good, but I'll have to double check those dates with the RESERVATION dept. :rolleyes: Already got the Salmon covered, if we can get Steve and Carol and Jerry and Janice in the area to that is. Really hate to grill up a 20+ pounder for just 3 people. :o And there should be more Cranberry Juice ready to drink by then.

Joe

Well, well, well. Guess who showed up today! I sent them a photo of crabs in a pot and before I knew it they were here and wanting all of our keepers! Tomorrow they're just going to have to go and catch their own. I guess we can't "hyde" from the Hyders anymore. They're parked right next to us. :D

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

Well, well, well. Guess who showed up today! I sent them a photo of crabs in a pot and before I knew it they were here and wanting all of our keepers! Tomorrow they're just going to have to go and catch their own. I guess we can't "hyde" from the Hyders anymore. They're parked right next to us. :D

HMMMMM must have been Steve and Carol. :P The way them Hyders been traveling it's gonna take them another 3-4 years to get outta Oregon. B) So guess your just gonna have to feed them for a while. Say HI for me. Guess I better take the boat back outta mothballs now.

Joe

Joe

The "Doghouse" 04 Tiffin Phaeton 40TGH

TOAD--2008 Dodge Dakota

One keeper all day and I didn't even see it. :huh:

http://www.toadswildadventures.blogspot.com/

Just travelin' down life's highway-toot-toot!

HMMMMM must have been Steve and Carol. :P The way them Hyders been traveling it's gonna take them another 3-4 years to get outta Oregon. B) So guess your just gonna have to feed them for a while. Say HI for me. Guess I better take the boat back outta mothballs now.

Joe

Well it took 4-5 months to travel the Oregon Trail when the first settlers came. We have never been here before, need to check it all out don't we? Isn't Leavenworth a prison? What did you do this time and how long are you in for?:D

http://www.toadswildadventures.blogspot.com/

Just travelin' down life's highway-toot-toot!

See Jim and Jill, I told you the whole bunch were Escapee's from the nut farm. But they are the best bunch of nuts I've ever been a part of. I didn't do much today. I sat around waiting for a phone call from the guy who is going to put window awnings on my trailer. He finally called about 5 PM. He said he'd be out Sunday to get a deposit on the awning order. So I'll probably do nothing but sit around on Sunday also. I'm hoping I can play like a tourist Monday and Tuesday. I think I'll ride up Pikes peak on the Clog Train. (I wonder how many Clogs they tote up that mountain?) I also want to drive around the Garden of the Gods. I think I might also drive up Pikes peak on the other side of the mountain just for something to do. There are a thousand thing around here to do but most of them are tourist traps. Dave should come up here and get some Ideas for his tourist trap. He might even trap Steve to come down there and bring the Ice Cream Machine with him.

Arizona. I'll be spending the winter at the Slabs again but if we have an Arizona Reunion I'll be there. Now let's see, Ed and Linda can cook spagetti, Jeri can cook a nice big steak, Jill can make some K-babs. Joe can bring the cranberry Juice. Jim and Sandie can order Pizza for all of us, Hummmm I think that will keep me happy and coming to the reunions.

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

We are not planning a trip to the west coast this winter. We will be staying most of the winter in Texas (want to try some of the TT parks there) We may also spend some time on the gulf in Biloxi. May head to Florida if I can find a cheap spot near Red Sox spring training in Vero Beach. Not sure yet. I know that we are coming back here to NY next summer. Hoping my brother will make it over here next summer.

Linda and Ed Lavin
lavinmh@yahoo.com

We are not planning a trip to the west coast this winter. We will be staying most of the winter in Texas (want to try some of the TT parks there) We may also spend some time on the gulf in Biloxi. May head to Florida if I can find a cheap spot near Red Sox spring training in Vero Beach. Not sure yet. I know that we are coming back here to NY next summer. Hoping my brother will make it over here next summer.

Yeah, I remember you folks saying that. We've been to all the TT parks except Colorado River in Columbus but not so sure about the " winter warmth" in their locations. Some are still a little too far north. We loved Biloxi and often talk about going back. I know the Weavers spent last winter in Texas someplace but also a lot of time at the Houston Elks. We'd like to go someplace new this winter too and have been giving it some thought. However, other than the TT and Elks parks, we'd have to find one that would allow us and Duchess to stay. I want the perfect park, in the perfect place for the perfect price. Do you know where that is? :D

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

One keeper all day and I didn't even see it. :huh:

Dang, sounds like that place is Crabbed Out. Heck I had to throw 8 keepers back last time I went out, well or take the chance of going to jail for way over limit. :o

Joe

Joe

TOAD--2008 Dodge Dakota

Well it took 4-5 months to travel the Oregon Trail when the first settlers came. We have never been here before, need to check it all out don't we? Isn't Leavenworth a prison? What did you do this time and how long are you in for?:D

Well them folks were WALKING though. :P Yep it's a prison, got SPRUNG yesterday morning and managed to make it back home. :lol: They let me go cause I refused to spend anymore MONEY with them. :)

Thinking about taking the Crab Pots out today or tomorrow and see if I can have another fresh crab feed here.

Joe

Joe

TOAD--2008 Dodge Dakota

I plan on being somewhere in Arizona for part of the winter, just don't know when or where yet. May spend a bit of it in Pahrump with friends there also. All depends on how soon I run outta Jello Balls for looking through as I plan my winter.

Joe

Joe

TOAD--2008 Dodge Dakota

We plan to spend the last half of Sept. and the first half of Oct. in Utah being tourist, after four months in the same place we are ready for a change. We do plan to be in Az. after Christmas, Probly around Yuma and Q again or any where else it is warm. Let us know about the reunion and we will be there. Hope everyone is well.

LIFE IS GOOD!!!!

Freddy and Delcie

Freddy & Delcie Prather

Echo- Yorkie
2007 Dodge Ram 2500 6.7 Jake Brake #5000 Air Bags
2005 Mobile Suites 36RE3
Full Time Since Oct 1st 2009

See Jim and Jill, I told you the whole bunch were Escapee's from the nut farm. But they are the best bunch of nuts I've ever been a part of. I didn't do much today. I sat around waiting for a phone call from the guy who is going to put window awnings on my trailer. He finally called about 5 PM. He said he'd be out Sunday to get a deposit on the awning order. So I'll probably do nothing but sit around on Sunday also. I'm hoping I can play like a tourist Monday and Tuesday. I think I'll ride up Pikes peak on the Clog Train. (I wonder how many Clogs they tote up that mountain?) I also want to drive around the Garden of the Gods. I think I might also drive up Pikes peak on the other side of the mountain just for something to do. There are a thousand thing around here to do but most of them are tourist traps. Dave should come up here and get some Ideas for his tourist trap. He might even trap Steve to come down there and bring the Ice Cream Machine with him.

Arizona. I'll be spending the winter at the Slabs again but if we have an Arizona Reunion I'll be there. Now let's see, Ed and Linda can cook spagetti, Jeri can cook a nice big steak, Jill can make some K-babs. Joe can bring the cranberry Juice. Jim and Sandie can order Pizza for all of us, Hummmm I think that will keep me happy and coming to the reunions.

Well, glad to see you are enjoying the Co Springs Area! Garden of the Gods is a great place for a Walk! Be sure and notice the "Kissin' Camels" rock formation on the way up there. It's the COG Railway! Leaves out of Manitou Springs. You can see lots of wildlife,depending on what time you go, and there's not much air at the top, but it's a nice ride. I'd rather do that then drive that skinny dirt road to the top! Good way to kill a morning. We've done it both ways. I hope I see y'all in Yuma! That's where we'll be again!

As Always,

MsKay - Class of '08