Classes of 2008 and 2009

Well, we drove the "Highway to the Sun" in Glacier today and got above the snow line!! It was about 70 degrees up there, but I got to throw a snowball at Carol. :D Don't ever take a photographer on that road, I think I'll have to get the brakes replaced before we leave. :rolleyes: I can use my boat there, I just have to get it inspected for sea critters, and theres no charge, so I think I'm going to give it a try. We watched the tourist boat take off yesterday and it looked like a very pretty ride. And you don't need a fishing license to fish there, how about that. I got in free with my senior access pass, so life is good.

Jim & Sandi, don't do too much in that heat, we don't want you melting on us! :o Congratulations on moving into your new home, exciting stuff!

Don't run off too far Joe, I'm only 587 miles out :lol:

2007 Tiffin Allegro Bus 42 QRP
"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
Roadmaster Sterling tow bar
08 Dodge Dakota toad
Sea Eagle 10.6sr Inflatable

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

HMMMMM you weren't supposed to see that picture. :P WOW 5 whole miles, now let's see it's 200 miles from there to here so at 5 miles a day.......................Yep I'll be in Florida before you get here. :lol: As for the change in your Reservation, you will need to call the Reservation Manager. :rolleyes:

Joe

I actually moved over 60 miles today. Had to take a Steve after such a hard day!!!!

Jerry

http://www.toadswildadventures.blogspot.com/

Just travelin' down life's highway-toot-toot!

Have I told you guys how much I HATE moving?

I HATE moving.

Sandie -- Tell me how you REALLY feel about moving. :lol: :lol:

Last I heard Spiker's RV Resort was full. You forgot to check with the Reservation Department if you're trying to book a site for a night or ten. :D

I actually moved over 60 miles today. Had to take a Steve after such a hard day!!!!

Jerry

Well, I can vouch for that. You snuck up on us. :rolleyes:

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

http://blog.willywagon.net

Jerry

That was probably because it's been so long since you drove your rig you forgot where the BRAKE was. :lol: I'm guessing you will need to mow the grass at your site before you move again. :P

Joe

Joe

The "Doghouse" 04 Tiffin Phaeton 40TGH

TOAD--2008 Dodge Dakota

Well, we drove the "Highway to the Sun" in Glacier today and got above the snow line!! It was about 70 degrees up there, but I got to throw a snowball at Carol. :D Don't ever take a photographer on that road, I think I'll have to get the brakes replaced before we leave. :rolleyes: I can use my boat there, I just have to get it inspected for sea critters, and theres no charge, so I think I'm going to give it a try. We watched the tourist boat take off yesterday and it looked like a very pretty ride. And you don't need a fishing license to fish there, how about that. I got in free with my senior access pass, so life is good.

Jim & Sandi, don't do too much in that heat, we don't want you melting on us! :o Congratulations on moving into your new home, exciting stuff!

Not a problem Steve. The way you guys travel you'll be here before Jerry wakes up from his Steve. :lol:

There is a place over in north central Washington you might want to see, called Dry Falls. It's in the area around Coulee, WA. Supposed to be fantastic rock formations.

Joe

Joe

TOAD--2008 Dodge Dakota

Steve - where are you guys headed from the Black Hills?

For those of you who don't read my blogs - our news is: we now have a truck and fifth wheel (again). Haven't moved into it yet, it needs new shoes which it will get tomorrow. Then we need to get the motohome sold. That's what happens when you sit in one spot way too long.

WOW,,, nice rig, Sandie *and* Jim --- Congrats!

FYI, we, too, made abit of a change this year --- we finally got a commute vehicle (smart) with a truck to carry it around the country. Full story in this post:

http://www.rvnetwork.com/index.php?showtopic=92505

Cheers, to all! (We, too, plan to be in AZ for mid-Jan to mid-Apr; hope to see you again, then!)

-Don

p.s. Next week (from MI), heading east to NH to visit the truck-bed builders, my eldest son in NYC (sometime after Labor Day), then back-track to KS for HDT Rally (via Toledo, to check-in on Mom, once more). As usual, Calif for the holidays -- 4 grandkids (2 south & 2 north) plus all Fannie's siblings.

Don & Fannie

2005 Volvo 670, 12sp FreedomLine, "Black Dude", 3.36 axle, Szmyt Wonder-Bed Smart loader,

ET hitch, Jackalopee (original-prototype), BLUE-DOT air-over-hydraulic brake system,

2007 New Horizons F35RLSSS-C (Mor/Ryde-IS, Kodiak disc brakes, 17.5 H tires),

2005 smart fortwo passion

Well I managed to wean myself off the vanishing cream this morning. I left Coyote Creek State Park about 7AM and am now sitting in Socoro, NM where I'm stocking up at their little Wal-Mart. I'll stay here over night then head for Pie Town in the morning with empty waste tanks and full fresh water tanks. It's 94 degrees here but I just talked to a friend in Pie Town only 85 miles away and it was only 79 there. What a difference. Coyote Creek was nice and cool also I could have stayed there a while and liked it but I was almost out of food so I decided to go on my way.

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

Aug 5. We are in Cheyenne, WY, at Warren AFB. Have to boondock til Mon. because thus place is so popular. But there is a nice breeze and will be in the 50s at night. I'll take it!! Plus the beautiful pronghorn are all over the base. We will explore Cheyenne some more. I can't believe we are in the same spot and town we were in one year ago at this time. Just missed the Frontier Days but saw it last year.

Now I get to play 'cowgirl' and wear my western, jewelry and shirts. Love the west and I am sure I will fiand a rodeo somewhere!!

Carol

Edited by Carol A

The Simpsons

Fulltimers from Va. Beach, VA

2008 37' Hitchhiker, 2008 Dodge Ram 3500

blog: cas32.blogspot.com

Aug 5. We are in Cheyenne, WY, at Warren AFB. Have to boondock til Mon. because thus place is so popular. But there is a nice breeze and will be in the 50s at night. I'll take it!! Plus the beautiful pronghorn are all over the base. We will explore Cheyenne some more. I can't believe we are in the same spot and town we were in one year ago at this time. Just missed the Frontier Days but saw it last year.

Now I get to play 'cowgirl' and wear my western, jewelry and shirts. Love the west and I am sure I will fiand a rodeo somewhere!!

Carol

Hey Carol - are you sure it's a rodeo you want to find - or one of those cute cowboys?

Sandie & Jim Dixon

Traveling with Scooter and Skittlez

www.wherearethedixonstoday.blogspot.com

Didn't do much today. We went to the fair. That place was packed with people. Don't people work on Friday's anymore or are those all the unemployed? Then, we pulled weeds, fed the deer, took a nap and yakked with Jerry and Janice. We were planning on how we were going to sneak up on Joe. Ferry reservations are made. We just hope he's found time to stock the wine cellar and fill the refrigerator. :D

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

Didn't do much today. We went to the fair. That place was packed with people. Don't people work on Friday's anymore or are those all the unemployed? Then, we pulled weeds, fed the deer, took a nap and yakked with Jerry and Janice. We were planning on how we were going to sneak up on Joe. Ferry reservations are made. We just hope he's found time to stock the wine cellar and fill the refrigerator. :D

HMMMMMMM swounds like you guys had a good day. Heck all I did was bottle more wine and then put it in a safe place. :lol: Then I held a briefing with the Security personnel and issued pictures of all you guys. So if, IF your really nice to them you might be able to "sneak up" on me. :o

Joe

Edited by Joe Spiker

Joe

TOAD--2008 Dodge Dakota

I think when IYQ drove by yesterday he had one on "those" clouds following along. About 3:15pm the wind started to pick up a bit so I dropped the sat. dish and went on the internet to see what was coming. I caught the radar just in time to watch the storm form directly overhead. It rained hard and the wind blew hard for about 25 minutes. Then it just broke up and quit. Sort of my personal rain storm. One thing, God is keeping my solar panels clean! Monsoon or no monsoon we are still in a severe drought. ALB should be around 5" right now and they have only had .7" of one inch. They should move their rain gauge down here. We've had at least an inch or two in the last couple of weeks.

Today I get to try to remember how to bleed brakes on a 1988 Lincoln. This should be fun.

Dave C.

Millie the mooch

2500 D/M CC.

27RL Wildcat

SKP#94751

Hmmmm lets see, you open the drivers side door, put some hamburger on the bake pedal, then go around and loosen the right rear brake bleeder. Now let Millie loose. When she jumps on the brake pedal to get the hamburg, you wait until the fluid comes out, then quickly close the bleeder before she finishes. Piece of cake! Now repeat three more times. :lol: Good luck!

"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
08 Dodge Dakota toad

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

Ok, gotta update things here a bit. Steve if you jess kinda lightly tickle the Warp Drive you can get here before the Hyders. That way we can clean out all the crab, Drink up ALL the BAAAAAD Whiskey, make a serious dent in the Cranberry Juice, and then they can help clean up. :lol: Oh and as for the Salmon, 1 of the kids and his family is coming over this afternoon for a BBQ. :P

Joe

Joe

TOAD--2008 Dodge Dakota

I'm in Pie Town, NM tonight. The campground here is free and pretty nice but there isn't anything else around that eases living except the Pie Town Restaurant. No gas station, No grocery, No propane. You can take in all the sites in town in one and a half seconds. I'll probably stay here about 3 week. It is nice and cool. The altitude is 7775 and there are mule deer and elk tracks and smart pills all over the site I parked my tailer in. (Smart Pills= eat one and you get smart right fast) I took a walk around the park and there are a bunch of dirt roads and Pine and Cedar Trees with plenty of open areas in between to park in. They have a pavillion with some electric plugs where you can go sit and recharge phone batteries ect. There is water at the pavillion but no services in the campground except pit toilets and trash pick-up three days a week. The cell phone signal is very weak and internet is very slow. So I probably won't post every day. Using my amplifier I get just enough signal to make connection but it drops every once in a while. So have fun out there and eat some of Joe's crab for me even if I don't like crab. Drink lots of his cranberry juice though.

Dave C. I caught that storm in Socorro, It hit really fast and rocked the boat a bit but it didn't rain. I clocked the wind at 30 mph but the park there has an eight foot cement fence around it a rows of trees with each row of sites to slow things down a bit.

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

Sandie, one of my favorite actors is Sam Elliot (when he was younger) and he made a HANDSOME cowboy. Of course Tom Sellick wasn't too shabby either!!. There is nothing like a good looking rugged man under a cowboy hat!! But I do love rodeos. We are almost at your door!! May be there in a week or so!

Carol

The Simpsons

Fulltimers from Va. Beach, VA

2008 37' Hitchhiker, 2008 Dodge Ram 3500

blog: cas32.blogspot.com

That was probably because it's been so long since you drove your rig you forgot where the BRAKE was. :lol: I'm guessing you will need to mow the grass at your site before you move again. :P

Joe

I used the goats Jeri was telling Lee to use at his campground. They do a good job.

Jerry

Edited by Jerry and Janice

Ok, gotta update things here a bit. Steve if you jess kinda lightly tickle the Warp Drive you can get here before the Hyders. That way we can clean out all the crab, Drink up ALL the BAAAAAD Whiskey, make a serious dent in the Cranberry Juice, and then they can help clean up. :lol: Oh and as for the Salmon, 1 of the kids and his family is coming over this afternoon for a BBQ. :P

Joe

You do realize that Steve is part of the SEAL (SpikerRVResort Elite Approach League) team that are readying the final approach into the great cranberry juice, baaaad whiskey, crab saturated area in Oak Harbor. If you don't then I am not going to tell you!!!!

Jerry

And I won't say that we went to Canada yesterday, and could sneak into Oak Harbor from the North! I didn't say that! B)

"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
08 Dodge Dakota toad

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

Well it took a while but I finally got on the forum. Now lets hope I can make a post. Last night was nice and cool. It made for a good nights sleep. This morning I cranked up my handheld GPS and took out across the woods. There were so many little cactus that looked like miniture prickly pear cactus that I didn't see much but the ground in front of me trying to keep from stepping in a bunch of them. My neighbor and fellow LOW has a large hummingbird feed hanging out in from of his trailer under a cedar tree. You have never seen so many hummingbirds in one place. About 10 sitting on the perches and about 10 more sitting on the base of the feeder plus about 30 buzzing around trying to get at it. Plus the tree being full of hummers. They make for an interesting sports event. More action than the Super Bowl. It got a little warm this after noon. My thermometer says 87 but it's dry and don't feel to bad just as long as you don't try to work.

And I won't say that we went to Canada yesterday, and could sneak into Oak Harbor from the North! I didn't say that! B)

The plan we agreed on in Yuma is almost complete. I believe the 3 prong aproach, as you suggested, will be sufficent, Jeri and I from the south and Steve from the north.

The best thing about it is Joe has no idea of our plan.

Jerry

The plan we agreed on in Yuma is almost complete. I believe the 3 prong aproach, as you suggested, will be sufficent, Jeri and I from the south and Steve from the north.

The best thing about it is Joe has no idea of our plan.

Jerry

Well, we can sneak in from the south but you have to wait one extra day. You know how we are with our plans!! We make them just so we can change them.

Tonight was Justin's going away party. In a couple days Uncle Sam will be his mother. On top of that Tammi's 3,000 mile trip across country will end about midnight tonight when she arrives within striking distance. And, since it's her birthday to top it off, we cant sneak off without at least seeing them and having a meal! So that's the new plan and you know how well we stick with them. :D:D

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

You do realize that Steve is part of the SEAL (SpikerRVResort Elite Approach League) team that are readying the final approach into the great cranberry juice, baaaad whiskey, crab saturated area in Oak Harbor. If you don't then I am not going to tell you!!!!

Jerry

Ya, YA, YA, however after today you gonna have to scratch ONE of those items of the list. YOU GET TO FIGURE THAT OUT. :lol:

Joe

Joe

TOAD--2008 Dodge Dakota