Classes of 2008 and 2009

Update: Now in homeless in Chanute, KS, at the super 8 unitl July 22. Not fun but repairs are being made to our 'home' and the estimate was MUCH better than we anticipated! Just now much fun and not much to do in the very samll town. Oh, one of the joys of ownwership!

Carol

I can relate to that! We were in a Days Inn for a Week in Warner Robins GA last month. But to have the Generator fixed and the paint job on the ends...it was worth the mini vacation away from our "home" We spent wayy wayy too much money, and the Continued Service Plan disallowed labor hours and diagnostic hours but at least we didn't have to pay for the complete job and especially since it was the second time with the same issues. Good luck and I hope you get done quick and are pleased with the results.

As Always,

MsKay - Class of '08

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Update: Now in homeless in Chanute, KS, at the super 8 unitl July 22. Not fun but repairs are being made to our 'home' and the estimate was MUCH better than we anticipated! Just now much fun and not much to do in the very samll town. Oh, one of the joys of ownwership!

Carol

And here I am bitching cause we were out of our home for one night. I'll shut up now. But great news that the estimate was MUCH better. Those are the kinds of things we like to hear. And your home will feel so much better when it's all fixed up.

Thanks for all the good wishes. Dinner was fabulous. The kids joined us and one of my very best friends came over. A great day.

Edited by Jim & Sandie

Sandie & Jim Dixon

Traveling with Scooter and Skittlez

www.wherearethedixonstoday.blogspot.com

Thanks guys. That would be me. Jim's isn't until September. I keep thinking I'm not going to have any more of these stupid things but they keep coming around every year. Jim is fixing me a steak on the grill with corn on the cob and a salad. Sounds really good to me.

Happy birthday, hope Jim had cake to go with the steak!!!

http://www.toadswildadventures.blogspot.com/

Just travelin' down life's highway-toot-toot!

Patience, great things come to those who wait. (Jeri may go with us).

Yep and since it's gonna be such a LOOOOOOOOONG wait I decided to take off for a while. Leavenworth is another place you guys need to put on your "to do" list.

Joe

Joe

The "Doghouse" 04 Tiffin Phaeton 40TGH

TOAD--2008 Dodge Dakota

[/quote

Most of the Crabs caught in Texas will go away with a dose of that Blue Lotion. :P

HAHAHAHA I tried to post about this yesterday, but guess the coffee that got all over my keyboard when I read your reply took my reply out. :lol:

Joe

Joe

TOAD--2008 Dodge Dakota

HAHAHA And, I'm the GREAT thing. :lol::lol:

Good Grief. :lol: I'll believe your gonna be there when I see the white's in Duchess's eyes. :P

Looks like it's gonna be another GREAT day over here on the Dry Side of the mountains. We're thinking about heading into the town of Cashmere so the Girls can wander through the Junque shops. HMMMMM maybe they will have a good place to sit and have a good cold Adult Beverage while that's going on. :D

Joe

Joe

TOAD--2008 Dodge Dakota

Boy, "great things moving", homelessness, crabs, birthdays, (happy birthday Jim)!, I can't keep up with this group! :o We made it to Jackson, Mn yesterday and will press on to the Black Hills today. There we will probably hole up for a few days and check the area out. Looks like Custer state park might be a good option. We'll see. We are at the KOA campground here and would probably not have stopped, but after all the heat we wanted to sit in a swimming pool for a while. Nice park, but at $39 a little more than we like to spend. The pool was nice and we about shriveled up before we finally go out of there. :rolleyes: Well,got to get the coffee on and get ready to hit the road. Steve

2007 Tiffin Allegro Bus 42 QRP
"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
Roadmaster Sterling tow bar
08 Dodge Dakota toad
Sea Eagle 10.6sr Inflatable

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

Boy, "great things moving", homelessness, crabs, birthdays, (happy birthday Jim)!, I can't keep up with this group! :o We made it to Jackson, Mn yesterday and will press on to the Black Hills today. There we will probably hole up for a few days and check the area out. Looks like Custer state park might be a good option. We'll see. We are at the KOA campground here and would probably not have stopped, but after all the heat we wanted to sit in a swimming pool for a while. Nice park, but at $39 a little more than we like to spend. The pool was nice and we about shriveled up before we finally go out of there. :rolleyes: Well,got to get the coffee on and get ready to hit the road. Steve

:lol: :lol: At $39 a night for you to bring your own bed and linens, they better provide an ocean front spot and mints on the pillow.

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

http://blog.willywagon.net

HMMMMM at the rate you guys are traveling, you'll be up in my neck of the woods before Jerry and Janice. :o Travel Safe.

Happy Birthday Sandie, hope you enjoyed your day.

Joe

Joe

TOAD--2008 Dodge Dakota

I checked out the Base Exchange and Mini Mall this morning and topped off the gas tank with $3.35 gas. That's the best thing about military Bases. You don't pay state taxes. This place is scattered all over hell's half acre. There are some truly beautiful sights in unexpected places. The Base Exchange sits up a few hundred feet higher than the campground and you can see forever while coming back down the hill. Tomorrow I'll check out the town if I don't decide to do that tonight for dinner. Then I think I'll go to the Garden of the Gods and up Pikes Peek in the remaining days I have here. I'll only stay a week if the wildfires in New Mexico are to a point that the State parks near the north end of I-25 are open again.

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

Lee, we had fun on the train ride up pikes peak last year. No air up there though :huh: You might just find some cool temps though. Colorado Springs is a neat town. We wanted to explore Cripple Creek too, but ran out of time.

We didn't quite get to Rapid city today. Lots of cornfields in the way, did I say LOTS of cornfields in the way. We made it to Murdo, SD which is about 100 miles from RC. We also noticed we had a water leak from one of the bays. I think it's the kitchen sink drain. We had that happen a couple of years ago and I managed to fix it then (not too good I guess), so I'll crawl in there tomorrow and see what's going on. Be different than looking at cornfields :lol: Can't put the internet up because of a large tree (I still don't know which way south is), but the TV sat on the front of the bus will see past it. We do have WIFI from the RV park though and it's pretty good. This will give us time to locate a "base camp" to use for exploring this area. Fun Fun Steve

"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
08 Dodge Dakota toad

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

Sandie- Happy Birthday (belated)

I am having fun reading all the posts but I have had to read them on my phone for the most part, since we haven't had much internet, so I can't post much.

We are in Indiana, sitting at the repair facility for DRV, getting a laundry list of issues resolved with the trailer. Ugh.

Hope to be out of here in a day or so, but its getting so late that we'll probably just go from here to Muncie to move our daughter out of her apartment and into the trailer.

Stay cool!

Sue

Sue and Paul- fulltimed 2009 -2015 with Dozer, our Gray Tuxedo cat

2012 DRV Mobile Suites 36TKSB4 pulled by a 2020 F350 Platinum

Our "vacation home" : 2018 Arctic Fox 1150 truck camper

RIP Dozey

http://soos-ontheroad.blogspot.com/

I checked out the Base Exchange and Mini Mall this morning and topped off the gas tank with $3.35 gas. That's the best thing about military Bases. You don't pay state taxes. This place is scattered all over hell's half acre. There are some truly beautiful sights in unexpected places. The Base Exchange sits up a few hundred feet higher than the campground and you can see forever while coming back down the hill. Tomorrow I'll check out the town if I don't decide to do that tonight for dinner. Then I think I'll go to the Garden of the Gods and up Pikes Peek in the remaining days I have here. I'll only stay a week if the wildfires in New Mexico are to a point that the State parks near the north end of I-25 are open again.

I will be interested what you find when you get to New Mexico as far as the fires go. We want to go to New Mexico and spend some time around Santa Fe and Albequerque on our way back to Yuma in September. Hoping that the fires have moved or gone out. Hope you enjoy Co Springs...it's one of my favorites. I could almost retire there, but it's pretty expensive to live there. Let us know what you see!!! Please :} j

As Always,

MsKay - Class of '08

Lee, we had fun on the train ride up pikes peak last year. No air up there though :huh: You might just find some cool temps though. Colorado Springs is a neat town. We wanted to explore Cripple Creek too, but ran out of time.

We didn't quite get to Rapid city today. Lots of cornfields in the way, did I say LOTS of cornfields in the way. We made it to Murdo, SD which is about 100 miles from RC. We also noticed we had a water leak from one of the bays. I think it's the kitchen sink drain. We had that happen a couple of years ago and I managed to fix it then (not too good I guess), so I'll crawl in there tomorrow and see what's going on. Be different than looking at cornfields :lol: Can't put the internet up because of a large tree (I still don't know which way south is), but the TV sat on the front of the bus will see past it. We do have WIFI from the RV park though and it's pretty good. This will give us time to locate a "base camp" to use for exploring this area. Fun Fun Steve

Hope your having a good look at a Great State!!! Yes there's corn....and in them fields is Pheasants! Lots of Pheasants. That's the love of my other half's life! We drove down a dirt road over by Presho and I've never seen so many Pheasants in my life, just running in front of us down the road. Did ya stop at Wall? Get your free Ice Water? The Reptile Garden in Rapid is good. Faces and Keystone is awesome. Just watch yer heights if ya get off 90 with the coach. Some bridges and overpasses may not be high enough! As nasty as this heat is, ya can't afford to be without A/C! I swear we may all melt! We're supposed to have a cool front and a break of 88 tomorrow and then back up to 95+ on Friday. So tired of it! We are doing Nothing!!!!

P.S Dan just asked ya which way did the sun go down? That's usually West..... I know.... (S.A)

As Always,

MsKay - Class of '08

Oh, yeah, the old "sun goes down in the west" thing. :rolleyes:

"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
08 Dodge Dakota toad

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

HMMMMM at the rate you guys are traveling, you'll be up in my neck of the woods before Jerry and Janice. :o Travel Safe.

Joe

I told you we were going to gang up on you. All the people are getting in position for our finally approach. You better hide the baaaad whiskey,cran berry juice and crabs(Wrong kind of crabs, Freddy!!!) Ice cream machine is not safe either. We made it to Newport, Or today. Getting closer!!!!

http://www.toadswildadventures.blogspot.com/

Just travelin' down life's highway-toot-toot!

I told you we were going to gang up on you. All the people are getting in position for our finally approach. You better hide the baaaad whiskey,cran berry juice and crabs(Wrong kind of crabs, Freddy!!!) Ice cream machine is not safe either. We made it to Newport, Or today. Getting closer!!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHA if I left where I'm at today and only traveled 5 miles a day I'd still get home before you get there. :lol: Newport is an interesting area, if you like looking at Antiques, head over to Toledo, about 10 miles east of Newport. Just north is the little town of Depoe Bay, the Sea Hag is a good place there to eat. And between Newport and Depoe Bay is the Whale Cove Inn, used to have fantastic Clam Chowder.

As for hiding all that good stuff, nope I'm not gonna do it and you can't make me. :P

Joe

Joe

TOAD--2008 Dodge Dakota

HAHAHAHAHAHA if I left where I'm at today and only traveled 5 miles a day I'd still get home before you get there. :lol: Newport is an interesting area, if you like looking at Antiques, head over to Toledo, about 10 miles east of Newport. Just north is the little town of Depoe Bay, the Sea Hag is a good place there to eat. And between Newport and Depoe Bay is the Whale Cove Inn, used to have fantastic Clam Chowder.

As for hiding all that good stuff, nope I'm not gonna do it and you can't make me. :P

Joe

We're shooting for putting wheels on Whidbey Island about August 10th or 11th. So, go stock up on crabs and salmon. You're in charge of food. We're hoping for the perfect spot at Fort Casey for a few nights before moving into shouting distance. :D

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

We're shooting for putting wheels on Whidbey Island about August 10th or 11th. So, go stock up on crabs and salmon. You're in charge of food. We're hoping for the perfect spot at Fort Casey for a few nights before moving into shouting distance. :D

Sounds good, but I'll have to double check those dates with the RESERVATION dept. :rolleyes: Already got the Salmon covered, if we can get Steve and Carol and Jerry and Janice in the area to that is. Really hate to grill up a 20+ pounder for just 3 people. :o And there should be more Cranberry Juice ready to drink by then.

Joe

Joe

TOAD--2008 Dodge Dakota

Oh, yeah, the old "sun goes down in the west" thing. :rolleyes:

Of course, that means you can't watch TV until after sunset which could be hard on some sports fans and those addicted to their "stories."

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

Oh, this is maddening . I just made a nice long post and just as I hit spell check the &^%$(^$% power went off and I lost the whole thing. :angry: It went something like this.

We made it to the Black Hills finally. I think every road in SD is under construction, but I may be wrong!! All the ones that are done, are very good and after driving on the Minnesota roads (and loosening all the bolts in the bus), they were as smooth as silk.

We found a nice little RV park called TeePee. It’s about 4 miles south of Rapid City and right in the middle of everything which will make a good base camp. Pull throughs, 30a, water, dump station and laundry. Price is $22 which is great for this area which most are $40+. Nice and clean and well kept.

Carol headed into town to do a little grocery shopping, and tonight we are having grilled salmon with a blackberry sauce, garlic mashed potatoes and asparagus if anyone is in the vicinity. They have a weekly rate, so we will be here a week I guess. Well I’ve got to get to the grill. Happy trails Steve

"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
08 Dodge Dakota toad

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

Hello group and new friend IYQ whom we met at Terry Bison Ranch in Cheyenne Wyoming. (I wonder if the dryers have been repaired yet) We are now in Country Campground in the Amana Coloines in eastern Iowa for a couple of days. Lee, hope to hear from you, we miss you..

Slo Mozey (Jim & Jill)

Hello group and new friend IYQ whom we met at Terry Bison Ranch in Cheyenne Wyoming. (I wonder if the dryers have been repaired yet) We are now in Country Campground in the Amana Coloines in eastern Iowa for a couple of days. Lee, hope to hear from you, we miss you..

Slo Mozey (Jim & Jill)

Welcome, welcome, welcome. It's always nice to meet new people. Keep us posted on your location and activities. Hopefully, we'll get a chance to meet you down the road. Oh, and don't believe a word IYQ told you about any of us!! It's probably not true. Well, maybe some of it is but don't believe it anyway. :D

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!