Classes of 2008 and 2009

Anyone going to the Escapade? I plan to be there on Wednesday and Thursday as a walk in. That is my days off. I would like to meet-up with some of you.

We'll be there. I just sent you a PM. Look forward to meeting you.

Sandie

Sandie & Jim Dixon

Traveling with Scooter and Skittlez

www.wherearethedixonstoday.blogspot.com

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

IYQ, take care. Back trouble is no fun. And you know there is no way on earth that this bunch is gonna play nice. :P

Steve, glad to hear you guys are settled in over on the other side of the water. My Spies told me you weren't gonna get into Flagler though. :lol: Careful on how many of those Crab you eat, remember YOU ARE WHAT YOU EAT. :blink:

Joe

Edited by Joe Spiker

Joe

The "Doghouse" 04 Tiffin Phaeton 40TGH

TOAD--2008 Dodge Dakota

IYQ, take care. Back trouble is no fun. And you know there is no way on earth that this bunch is gonna play nice. :P

Steve, glad to hear you guys are settled in over on the other side of the water. My Spies told me you weren't gonna get into Flagler though. :lol: Careful on how many of those Crab you eat, remember YOU ARE WHAT YOU EAT. :blink:

Joe

Looks like Steve will make it to your place for Labor day. Make sure you have plenty of work lined out for Steve to help on since he is rested up!!!:D

http://www.toadswildadventures.blogspot.com/

Just travelin' down life's highway-toot-toot!

Looks like Steve will make it to your place for Labor day. Make sure you have plenty of work lined out for Steve to help on since he is rested up!!!:D

Hi J & J,

Having work lined up for Steve is not a problem. Still have all the things that Jeri and Teri, Jerry and Janice left undone. :P However if he keeps on eating those CRAB, I might have to with hold the location of the Baaaaaad Whiskey for a while. :D

Joe

Joe

TOAD--2008 Dodge Dakota

If there is a male counterpart to Calamity Jane. I must be it. Today I was lying on the bed and it started to rain. I remembered that I had left the windows down in the truck so I jumped up and ran out to close the windows. When I got to the truck I found that I didn't have the keys. So I ran back to the trailer and found them where they had come out of my pocket while I was lying down. I started back to the truck but when I went down the stairs I slipped and fell and lit in a mud puddle on my sore hip. And I was just getting it back to normal with exercises. I don't think I hurt it too much more but it is a little more tender than it was. And, I had just put the clothes away from doing the laundry and now the laundry hamper is full of muddy clothes where I fell in the mud puddle. I can't win for loosing. I just cant imagine Steve getting crabby but as Joe says "You are what you eat" Thing I'll have a some mixed NUTS and take a Steve.

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

In preparation for the coming of Irene, we have put everything away and we will pull in our slides and take down the satelite. We have evacuation plans for the campers should they be needed. We will make that determination tomorrow by noon. They are expecting some wind, maybe 40 to 50 mph but what we are really concerned about is the rain. They are saying we could get 7 or more inches of rain. That would really make our river rise. :(

If we really get that much rain, we can only hope that the rest of the week is dry so it will recede. If not we may be canceling a lot of our Labor Day campers. If that happens our work season may come to an abrubt end. :D

Kim said only VA could have an earthquake and a hurricane in the same week!!!

Linda and Ed Lavin
lavinmh@yahoo.com

starting our long ride today. headed to fairbanks, then haines then catch the ferry to skagway then down to somewheres maybe montana. depending on weather we head east or soutn from there. car is loaded, atv is loaded , in other words we are overloaded, no room for a dang boat .......... jeez..

hope to meet upo with some of you

mike and deb

please travel safely, and we hope to meet you too! Just don't head for the East Coast! We hope to experience your Alaska one of these days.

As Always,

MsKay - Class of '08

In preparation for the coming of Irene, we have put everything away and we will pull in our slides and take down the satelite. We have evacuation plans for the campers should they be needed. We will make that determination tomorrow by noon. They are expecting some wind, maybe 40 to 50 mph but what we are really concerned about is the rain. They are saying we could get 7 or more inches of rain. That would really make our river rise. :(

If we really get that much rain, we can only hope that the rest of the week is dry so it will recede. If not we may be canceling a lot of our Labor Day campers. If that happens our work season may come to an abrubt end. :D

Kim said only VA could have an earthquake and a hurricane in the same week!!!

Have really been wondering about you today! I have the New York Stations, so watching the latest updates on there. I hope you guys can stay safe and have an evacuation route all ready. Don't think the rig would float too well! Take care and we are thinking and praying for everyone there! :}

As Always,

MsKay - Class of '08

OK,"pops" we'll promise to keep it clean. But don't stay away too long as we have a hard time remembering what we were supposed to "stop doing"! :lol:

Had quite a busy day today. Got up early as we are next to Ft. Flagler at Smitty's RV park. Today was the day we had to take my brother's boat from Seattle to Ft. Flagler. I had to go back to Seattle to ride with him on the boat to be able to help him through the locks. That meant that Carol had to drive me to the ferry dock in Kingston at 7:55 to allow me to walk on the ferry. We didn't get an early enough start, and we were pulling into the ferry dock at 7:55 and I didn't think I would make it. When I actually did get to the ferry before it left, the attendant said "what's the rush, you had a couple of minutes to spare". :unsure: Anyway I made it and they had a fine apple fritter and coffee on the ferry, so all was fine in the end. We took his boat through the locks and it took us about 4 1/2 hours to get to Flagler. Nice day out there, and smooth seas. We put out 4 crab pots when we got there and checked them in a couple of hours and limited out. Then we took them to the bus, cooked em and had them with corn on the cob. Butter was slinging everywhere :rolleyes: . Went back to his boat for a nightcap, and watch the sun go down, and were filled with the thoughts that "this is the way to live"! Now I'm exhausted, so I'm going to "pull a Steve", nite all!! ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

so glad you guys are getting to do all this stuff! You're missin out on what is left of the 100s! We'll be headed to C. Spgs in a few days!

As Always,

MsKay - Class of '08

Joe

Hey there! I always play nice!!!!! :P

As Always,

MsKay - Class of '08

If there is a male counterpart to Calamity Jane. I must be it. Today I was lying on the bed and it started to rain. I remembered that I had left the windows down in the truck so I jumped up and ran out to close the windows. When I got to the truck I found that I didn't have the keys. So I ran back to the trailer and found them where they had come out of my pocket while I was lying down. I started back to the truck but when I went down the stairs I slipped and fell and lit in a mud puddle on my sore hip. And I was just getting it back to normal with exercises. I don't think I hurt it too much more but it is a little more tender than it was. And, I had just put the clothes away from doing the laundry and now the laundry hamper is full of muddy clothes where I fell in the mud puddle. I can't win for loosing. I just cant imagine Steve getting crabby but as Joe says "You are what you eat" Thing I'll have a some mixed NUTS and take a Steve.

Sounds like you're not gonna give up til ya Break yer Butt! So sorry! I'll bet you won't do that again! At least you haven't lost your sense of humor!Take care and good for you that you're doing the exercises.

As Always,

MsKay - Class of '08

Lee - didn't your mother teach you not to play in the mud? You be careful. Remember when I fell out of the fifth wheel, I broke my ankle and ruptured my Achilles tendon. These RV's can be out to get you.

We're in Gillette at Escapade. Hot during the day (95 to 98) with thunderstorms in the evening. People are attending computer boot camp and RV boot camp and learning lots and lots of stuff. Jim and I are relaxing our brains and not learning anything yet. Having fun catching up with old friends and meeting new ones.

A couple just down the row from us have a brand new Open Range fifth wheel that has a patio. Tina and I just had to go check it out and the couple gave us the grand tour. What a beautiful rig. They are snowbirds and have a place at North Ranch so have plenty of room to put out the patio.

Sandie & Jim Dixon

Lee - didn't your mother teach you not to play in the mud? You be careful. Remember when I fell out of the fifth wheel, I broke my ankle and ruptured my Achilles tendon. These RV's can be out to get you.

We're in Gillette at Escapade. Hot during the day (95 to 98) with thunderstorms in the evening. People are attending computer boot camp and RV boot camp and learning lots and lots of stuff. Jim and I are relaxing our brains and not learning anything yet. Having fun catching up with old friends and meeting new ones.

A couple just down the row from us have a brand new Open Range fifth wheel that has a patio. Tina and I just had to go check it out and the couple gave us the grand tour. What a beautiful rig. They are snowbirds and have a place at North Ranch so have plenty of room to put out the patio.

And here I was going to trade my rig in because it didn't have a fire place. Yep Mom tried to teach me right but I was just one of those kids that had to find out about everything myself.

I don't think I did much damage to my hip yesterday. I've been able to control the pain just buy taking frequent rest and one pain pill in the morning to get me going and get breakfast and such. I'm all hooked up again and tomorrow morning I'll pull out and head for Deming, NM. My plan is to try and get an appointment with the VA Clinic up in Silver City and If I can't get an appointment there try the orthopedic clinic in Deming. If I manage to get into the VA clinic at Silver City fairly soon. I'll move up there to get the treatments then move back to Deming to re shuffle my life and get it back on track. Play safe don't go out into the street. (and don't bail out of your rig head first.)

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

And here I was going to trade my rig in because it didn't have a fire place. Yep Mom tried to teach me right but I was just one of those kids that had to find out about everything myself.

I don't think I did much damage to my hip yesterday. I've been able to control the pain just buy taking frequent rest and one pain pill in the morning to get me going and get breakfast and such. I'm all hooked up again and tomorrow morning I'll pull out and head for Deming, NM. My plan is to try and get an appointment with the VA Clinic up in Silver City and If I can't get an appointment there try the orthopedic clinic in Deming. If I manage to get into the VA clinic at Silver City fairly soon. I'll move up there to get the treatments then move back to Deming to re shuffle my life and get it back on track. Play safe don't go out into the street. (and don't bail out of your rig head first.)

Lee, I forgot . This Open Ranger also has a fireplace. I had forgotten about that until you mentioned it. Good luck getting an appointment. Hope the drive today doesn't hurt your back too much. Escapade starts today with an ice cream social. Jim definitely doesn't want to miss that. But I think Steve's machine is a better bet.

Sandie & Jim Dixon

Lavins - Hope you're safe and not rafting down the river in your motorhome. Check in and let us know how you handled it when you get a chance.

IYQ - You take care of yourself and get fixed up right. It's no fun when you aren't feeling well.

Our internet is so bad. Most of the time it takes forever just to get a website to pop up so I just try to stay off of it. We're hoping it's because it's summer and everyone else around the lake will be heading home soon. If not, we'll move back into town (ugh) after Labor Day and stick around for another month before we do something else. We still don't know where we're going to end up this winter just that it'll be someplace south of here ... California? Arizona? Nevada? Texas? Hmmm. That's a tough one. And, to think that Marsha and Loralie have already made reservations!

It's amazing how much we feel we're out of things when we don't have good internet. Thank goodness my blog is a couple weeks behind or I'd be sitting at a cyber cafe updating it!!

Now to see how long this will take to go through. The good thing is I've learned to copy something before I send it. That way I don't have to write it several times before it actually goes.

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

http://blog.willywagon.net

I'm thinking that Steve's Ice Cream Machine is malfunctioning. Woke up to Fog the last 2 mornings here. If that's just another ploy to mask his approach, ain't gonna work. :lol: I just had the rear leveling jacks replaced on the Doghouse, so am gonna take it out for a couple of days testing. Also to help scratch this case of Hitch Itch I've been developing.

I did get an email from a friend on Long Island early this morning saying they had Strong Gusty Winds and TORRENTIAL warm rain. HMMMMMMMM kida sounds like Mexico Beach a couple of years ago. :blink:

Joe

Joe

TOAD--2008 Dodge Dakota

Well,not planning on playing in the street today. I've already tried that bailing out of the rig...and that one caused me about 8 weeks of pain! I took a header in AZ last year and only hurt for about a week. Think my pride hurt worse, some guys sitting across the street saw me do it! Hope you get right in to the clinic and get some more relief than what you have now. It's sure no fun to hurt! So, see? I do what I'm told, most of the time and just trying to stay ahead of being bored to death today. Hitch itch is kicking in, Goofy fishing and golfing up a storm. I've been doing some arm chair shopping that's bound to get me in trouble...especially when I am looking at Suburbans! Have a great Sunday.

As Always,

MsKay - Class of '08

Lavins - Hope you're safe and not rafting down the river in your motorhome. Check in and let us know how you handled it when you get a chance.

IYQ - You take care of yourself and get fixed up right. It's no fun when you aren't feeling well.

Our internet is so bad. Most of the time it takes forever just to get a website to pop up so I just try to stay off of it. We're hoping it's because it's summer and everyone else around the lake will be heading home soon. If not, we'll move back into town (ugh) after Labor Day and stick around for another month before we do something else. We still don't know where we're going to end up this winter just that it'll be someplace south of here ... California? Arizona? Nevada? Texas? Hmmm. That's a tough one. And, to think that Marsha and Loralie have already made reservations!

It's amazing how much we feel we're out of things when we don't have good internet. Thank goodness my blog is a couple weeks behind or I'd be sitting at a cyber cafe updating it!!

Now to see how long this will take to go through. The good thing is I've learned to copy something before I send it. That way I don't have to write it several times before it actually goes.

The storm has finally reached us here in upstate New York. It has been raining all night and now at 12:30 pm the wind is starting to pick up and we are without power at the campground. Went up this morning and opened the store but once we lost power shut it down again. Lucky I don't have far to go. We had one tree branch down, but luckly it didn't hit anything.

Hopefully it won't last to much longer. We will be spending most of the winter in Texas. Not making the trip west this year...to expensive with the fuel. May use our TT membership at one of the encore parks in Rio Grande area. Hope to see some of you there.

Linda and Ed Lavin
lavinmh@yahoo.com

Hopefully it won't last to much longer. We will be spending most of the winter in Texas. Not making the trip west this year...to expensive with the fuel. May use our TT membership at one of the encore parks in Rio Grande area. Hope to see some of you there.

We'll be in the RGV (Mission, TX) for January & February. SEE YA' THERE!!!

Paul (and Marsha)

Paul & Marsha Weaver
Bella our cat
2008 Carriage Cameo 35' SB3
2010 Ford F350 DRW
Blog: http://wheresweaver.blogspot.com
SKP# 102686

We'll be in the RGV (Mission, TX) for January & February. SEE YA' THERE!!!

Paul (and Marsha)

How far is that from Harlingen? Thats where the encore parks are. Maybe going to try to February. We will be in Livingston for most of January. Going to try to do the "pay for 15 stay for 20" to will be over in the other part of the park.

See ya then.

Linda and Ed Lavin
lavinmh@yahoo.com

How far is that from Harlingen? Thats where the encore parks are. Maybe going to try to February. We will be in Livingston for most of January. Going to try to do the "pay for 15 stay for 20" to will be over in the other part of the park.

See ya then.

About 30 minutes west. We'll meet up!

Paul & Marsha Weaver
Bella our cat
2008 Carriage Cameo 35' SB3
2010 Ford F350 DRW
Blog: http://wheresweaver.blogspot.com
SKP# 102686

The storm has finally reached us here in upstate New York. It has been raining all night and now at 12:30 pm the wind is starting to pick up and we are without power at the campground. Went up this morning and opened the store but once we lost power shut it down again. Lucky I don't have far to go. We had one tree branch down, but luckly it didn't hit anything.

Glad you're safe. How's the flooding? I have The City on and Cuomo is saying power could be off 2 to 6 days. Are you still without power? Hope that isn't the case where you are. I think it downgraded and didn't get as bad as they thought, however the pictures of the water in the streets, trees down and other damage is pretty aweful. Hope you get back to normal soon. We are watching clouds this afternoon and waiting for a rain. Dan is out on the lake with the neighbor. Hope they get off before it gets here! Take care. Sorry we won't see you this winter. We will trek back to AZ the end of Sept.

Edited by mskayndan

As Always,

MsKay - Class of '08

Well I've landed in Deming with no pain and no strain. My exercise program seems to be working well. When my hip starts to hurt I lie down and do a few of the easiest exercises and the pain goes away. The only time I take the pain pill is in the morning when I'm trying to get everything done like wash, cook and sit at the dinette or John.

Tomorrow I'll call the VA and see what I can arrange. If they take me in for other than a single appointment I'll move my trailer up to Silver City to be close. I also have a lady friend who will be staying in Silver City for the month of September. I know she'll help if I need it. She is the one I taught to carve early this spring.

When I arrived I got plenty of hugs from my lady friends here and a couple of hand shakes from the guys. I was able to attend Happy Hour and sit and talk for about an hour without getting sore. I had several offers from the ladies to help me with what ever I needed help with. It feels good to be with friends at a time like this. I'm able to do just about anything I need to do now. I do tire fast when I'm doing all the bending over to get the rig ready to roll but I do it in little bits the night before so I don't get too sore. I feel just about good enough to start chasing Cowgirls again. Notice I said just about. Go have fun but be in before 9

Glad you're safe. How's the flooding? I have The City on and Cuomo is saying power could be off 2 to 6 days. Are you still without power? Hope that isn't the case where you are. I think it downgraded and didn't get as bad as they thought, however the pictures of the water in the streets, trees down and other damage is pretty aweful. Hope you get back to normal soon. We are watching clouds this afternoon and waiting for a rain. Dan is out on the lake with the neighbor. Hope they get off before it gets here! Take care. Sorry we won't see you this winter. We will trek back to AZ the end of Sept.

Aren't we full-timers just the luckiest when it comes to power outages. We are used to it.

Kay, we will definitely see you in Arizona, just can't say when. We probably won't do much moving around this year but we will base ourselves in Arizona.

See y'all

Hugs

Doug and Toni Laird

2008 Gulfstream BT Cruiser 30'

2014 Nissan Versa

Our newest furfriend - Zoe - a beautiful black and white cat

Our blog - http://stixandbrix.blogspot.ca

event.png