CLASS OF 2007 follow along with us.

JoeandMarcia

We will move tomorrow to a friends farm just south of Nashville for a night or two before finding some more of these TN state parks....

Joe, about 30 miles west of Nashville is Montgomery Bell State Park, Burns,TN.

Connie and I stayed there in 2008, really nice park away from the city. I think we paid $10/night, but it's probably gone up. 1/2 price for Access pass.

It's a pretty nice area. Just down the road from the park is a small river with canoe rentals. We also did that. ;-)

It appears that Connie will be traveling with me now until we return to Florida in late September. :rolleyes:

Hugs y'all.

Paul

Our blog A Breath of Fresh Road

Paul & Connie

98 Monaco Windsor 38' DP (For Sale)

2004 Chevy Tracker

Started 10/8/07

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks Paul, but we will be headed south tomorrow. Going to a friends, and I may talk him into doing/asisting in putting in the new floors. Getting rid of the carpet will be a big plus.

I'm glad to hear we will be seeing Connie in Aug.

Chasing the 70's

You can follow us using My link

I may not know what town I will be sleeping in,

But I know I'll be sleeping in MY bed.

Jim & Nancy..We will be in Pa thru at least the middle of Sept. Ron has an appt with a new Dr. on the 11th of August and the Dr.is already planning a full workup. So we will look forward to a visit when you get here.

I am so Tired.....just finishing up a weekend in Cedar Point Ohio with the grands, our DD and her boyfriend. Its been a blast..even when the kids all deserted the tent for the floor of the RV when a huge thunderboomer hit the first night at 2AM.

Norah I am so sorry to hear about your sister....Hugs, prayers and every other kind of good thoughts are coming your way from us to your family.

Ron & Linda

Class of 2007
2000 Monaco Diplomat

2005 Honda Element

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are" Theodore Roosevelt

"We can't control the wind, but we can adjust our sail"

"When man gave up his freedom to roam the earth, he gave up his soul for a conditioned ego that is bound by time and the fear of losing its attachments."

I pulled into Greg and Jean's RV park today. Jay and Fay's wheel marks are still visible. There's not a lot of amenities here, but the price is right and the staff is friendly. It looks to be a good place to leave my house while I go to Ireland on Wednesday. I told Greg that if the place burns, run like hell and don't call anyone until the wheels melt.

2007 Arctic Fox Fifth Wheel

2007 Chevy Silverado 2500HD (Green)

Don't anyone tell Marty...but as soon as he heads to O'Hare we are hot wiring his truck and taking the Fiver to Montana !!!! :)

Cheers

Greg and Jean
Madison, SD

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did."

I dunno how many fit in Marty's fiver.........you think Leland and Cathy will let us set up on The Ponderosa ?!?!?

Cheers

Greg and Jean
Madison, SD

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did."

Hi Gang we will be leaving Bristol in AM We are going to Burnsville West Va to a C O E park (bulltown campground) for 8 days not sure if we will have cel service there if not our air card won't work either. I know you all will be on pins & needles to find out if we survive the back woods of the Appalachian mountains. Is that banjo music I hear!!!!!!!

Norah Our prayers & good thoughts go out for your sister.

Safe travels to all.

David & Kathy 2007 hitchhiker LS 34.5 IKTG

2007 Dodge 3500

SKP#95802

Class of 2007

http://www.giraffelady65.blogspot.com

http://www.downaonewayroad.blogspot.com

A true friend is one who knows your faults and still wants to be your friend

Joe somebody must have ratted us out to Marty.......he said he was going to hide his truck when he leaves for Ireland....

Continued thoughts and prayers to all of our friends that are going through medical troubles with themselves or loved ones.....

Cheers

Greg and Jean
Madison, SD

Well we have ripped the carpet out of the front of the rig....fixing the floor this weekend and then its on to that pretty new wood laminate. Couldn't believe how much different it looks with that dark burgundy carpet gone. Now its off next week to find new carpet for the slides.

Dave..if I hear 2 bango's playing I'll come looking to get Kathy out to saftey!!

Ron & Linda

Class of 2007
2000 Monaco Diplomat

2005 Honda Element

"When man gave up his freedom to roam the earth, he gave up his soul for a conditioned ego that is bound by time and the fear of losing its attachments."

Update for y'all.

Connie's Dad passed away yesterday morning. Very sad time for all, but at least he's no longer in pain.

We will be staying in NY for a couple more weeks, and then plan to get on the road for a bit.

Some time away from family is in order, it's been a long 6 weeks.

Hugs to all a travel safe.

Paul

Paul & Connie

2004 Chevy Tracker

Started 10/8/07

Paul & Connie we are so sorry for your loss. Expecting the outcome never makes it easier and you will continue to be in our prayers for a long time while you grieve. Having some breathing time to yourselves will help. Let us know if you need anything at all.

Hugs, Linda & Ron

Ron & Linda

Class of 2007
2000 Monaco Diplomat

2005 Honda Element

Connie & Paul - deepest sympathy on your loss. Going through what you have is never easy, but at least you were able to be there with your father and your family. My prayers are with you all. Safe travels as you get back on the road.

Trisha Schmidt

2008 Tiffin Phaeton

2006 Saturn Vue

Paul, when are you headed west?

At present, we don't plan to head West until it's time for the GJR. (but we will be there for that) :P

I think we are going to the DC area in a couple of weeks (maybe more) to spend a little time with Matt, maybe see some of DC and visit Hank & Patti.

Thanks Jim & Nancy, enjoy your time in Canada, it's pretty neat.

Oh, by the way, THE CLASS OF 2007 ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!

Hugs all.

Paul

Paul & Connie

2004 Chevy Tracker

Started 10/8/07

Joe the floor project has turned into the floor from hell any pics would be of the big hole in the subfloor on the edge that was water damaged. You do remember a couple years ago when we met you two in Raccon Valley and we had the leak in the membrane????

Things were going along just fine we cut out the bad part and then dicovered two huge carriage type bolts with smooth tops that were running thru the edge of the flooring frame in the sub floor. A call to Monaco and a conversation with my tech buddy Dennis who thank heavens used to build these thing, assured us that we could take those out and replace them with a different kind of bolt....but since the nut underneath was in an unreachable spot we had to spend a half day chiseling off the heads. We get the old floor all cut and the rotted part removed..did I mention Ron cut a beautifully rectangular space for the new sub floor????

We test drop the new piece in..we shove and we push and we struggle and we remeasure everything....darn we know we cut it to the right size!! Only to discover that the reason it won't slide into the channel of the frame is because the 5/8" OSB we bought is not 5/8" but a 1/16th thicker. So off we go this morniing on a 45 minute drive to my brothers who just happens to have a drum sander wide enough to handle it in his workshop. Now one knows visiting family isn't a drop in affair....there went half the day.

Meanwhile back at the ranch I am also slowly chipping off a piece of 1/8th thick luan that was glued to the floor under where the "wood" floor was in the kitchen... my guess is they put it in to bring that floor up level with the carpet.

I seem to remember when we finished our 8 year restoration of the old victorian house in VA that I said I would never do that project again....why is this reminding me of that?????

On the up side the truck goes to the body shop tomorrow to repair its BOBO!

Hopefully by tomorrow we will be closer to having the floor prepped for the new laminate as well. Then I promise pictures

Ron & Linda

Class of 2007
2000 Monaco Diplomat

2005 Honda Element

After playing tour guide to two German women from Europe, one of whom (my German 'sister') I've known since 1963 and the other one a friend of hers from Barcelona whom I met for the first time when I picked them up at the airport in Las Vegas, I am now up in Woodburn, OR (just south of Portland) for a few weeks of doing not much of anything except spending some time with relatives and enjoying the cooler weather. On my way here from Vegas, I stopped in Coburg for normal servicing as I had driven 10,000 miles since the last service in September. I also had the windows measured to have the day/night shades replaced by the new MCD shades. The replacement will happen toward the end of August after the FMCA rally in Redmond, the FMCA Freightliner Chassis Owners Chapter Rally and Freightliner Camp, both of which will be in Harrisburg, OR. Once the new shades are installed I'll have about a month before I will be joining the Boomers at the Balloon Fiesta in Albuquerque. The FMCA rally in Farmington starts immediately after the Balloon Fiesta and then I'll probably head over to Pahrump to join up with some SOLOS who are headed into Death Valley for the '49ers Encampment in November. I'll be in Indio (CA) for the month of December and will then head to Quartzsite after the FMCA rally in Indio in early January.

Norah - my prayers are with you and your sister. Take care.

Safe Travels all,

Trisha

Trisha Schmidt

2008 Tiffin Phaeton

2006 Saturn Vue

Trisha it sounds like you are getting a nice break from the tour guide industry...enjoy the peace & quiet

Ron & Linda

Class of 2007
2000 Monaco Diplomat

2005 Honda Element

Hey Trisha, we have seen a lot of Germans this summer, glad they have $$ to spend here!

We moved east, all the way to Raccoon Valley, will be here a couple days while we do some bank stuff and wash the rig. If we get the rig nice and clean again we will head north, "chasing the 70's" 80's will work too, but high 90's are a little too warm...............

Chasing the 70's

You can follow us using My link

I may not know what town I will be sleeping in,

But I know I'll be sleeping in MY bed.

Archived