CLASS OF 2007 follow along with us.

JoeandMarcia

Ray...Sorry to hear about the fifth wheel but looks like you got a nice deal on the property and trailor.....

In light of the troubles that are far worse than ours that have hit everyone else in our crowd I will now stop gripping.

Chiefneon...do you have your rig fixed yet????

/quote]

Howdy!

Linda, We are still in a Hotel in Carson city,NV. The RV repair service advised us repairs were going well. We hope to be back into the 5er before the 4th of July holidays. Good news is Goodyear once again is paying for all damages. We are out the cost of up grading to new 17.5 rims and tires. But if it stops this madness regarding tire tread separation and damage to the 5er its worth it.

"Happy Trails"

chiefneon Gary & Karen

"Class of 2007 Fulltimer's"

Gary & karen

Smoochie & Michaela (fur babies)

2018 Chevorlet 3500 HD/LTZ 2L Custom Hauler

2014 Heartland Cyclone 4000

2016 Smart Car Prime

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Ray, we will have to get together after the 4th, unless you want to come to Knoxville?????

Gary, a guy here at Raccoon Valley was telling me yesterday about blowing several tires. He put nitrogen in the tires and has not had any more blowouts. Might be worth looking into!

Chasing the 70's

You can follow us using My link

I may not know what town I will be sleeping in,

But I know I'll be sleeping in MY bed.

Hank & I remain in MD for my chemo, etc. Fortunately today it is only 87 as opposed to being in the 90's or close to 100 as it has been. Thank you all for keeping us in your thoughts & prayers. Special thanks go to those of you who have sent us cards. There was a little confusion evidently when I gave out the "town/post office" name. For mailing to this specific location, it is Dowell not Vowell, MD The zip code is 20629 which is correct & seems to be what everyone has. As Hank says, "think of "do well"....(Dowell) Our apologies to those who got the wrong name, but with the correct zip we seem to have gotten them anyway. The post office workers probably got a chuckle over that coincidence.l

We are planning on a rv road trip to Harrison, AR for grandson Beckett's 1st birthday. Yes on the 16th of July he is turning one year old. It has been a fast year

Hugs, love & prayers to you all. Safe & happy traveling!

Patti & Hank Landry

Molly & Scooter- Boston Terriers

2009 Phaeton

toad: 07 Silver Toyota

landrypatti@yahoo.com

http://woodalls.mytripjournal.com/HankandPatti

Location: Paradise South, Mercedes, Tx for the winter of 2010

Hank & I remain in MD for my chemo, etc. Fortunately today it is only 87 as opposed to being in the 90's or close to 100 as it has been. Thank you all for keeping us in your thoughts & prayers. Special thanks go to those of you who have sent us cards. There was a little confusion evidently when I gave out the "town/post office" name. For mailing to this specific location, it is Dowell not Vowell, MD The zip code is 20629 which is correct & seems to be what everyone has. As Hank says, "think of "do well"....(Dowell) Our apologies to those who got the wrong name, but with the correct zip we seem to have gotten them anyway. The post office workers probably got a chuckle over that coincidence.l

We are planning on a rv road trip to Harrison, AR for grandson Beckett's 1st birthday. Yes on the 16th of July he is turning one year old. It has been a fast year

Hugs, love & prayers to you all. Safe & happy traveling!

Patti,

What's the address in case we get out of NY while you're still there.

We are still staying for Connie's Dad and will remain for the duration. He has been moved into Hospice House for the last 8 days and is failing, but still hanging on.

Lots of people in our Class seem to be having troubles, and we wish you all well, and safe travels.

Hugs

Paul

Our blog A Breath of Fresh Road

Paul & Connie

98 Monaco Windsor 38' DP (For Sale)

2004 Chevy Tracker

Started 10/8/07

Our thoughts and prayers are working overtime.... but they continue to be there so please take care everyone.....Connie's Dad, Dear Patti, Norah's sister......hopefully we didn't forget anyone......

Cheers

Greg and Jean
Madison, SD

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did."

Today we ordered our Pole Barn for the home base here in Shepherd Mt. Our idea is to do something like you see at Livingston where the barn is an RV shelter. This one will be 40' X 40' with two 14hX12w overhead doors. The first goal after getting the barn up is to put full hookups in the right corner for the MH. AFter that a washer and dryer and a full size fridge. The amount of money things cost is staggering. The amount of time it takes likewise and the amount of work is not imaginable. Didn't we go full timing for some similiar reason? Onward and Upward.

Our prayers still coming for those in needs. Keep my mom in your's as she is going to have back surgery next week. At 85 that's not an easy trick. She's tough though so hopefully this repair job will lead to many more years of comfortable and active living.

Leland & Cathy

Joe...give David and Kathy a lesson on why NASCAR is a Pain for me !!!

Leland...consider it done adding MOM to our list !!!!

Cheers

Greg and Jean
Madison, SD

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did."

Hi Gang good to see all the posts and know how everyone is doing. we are in Raccoon Valley Didn't know if I could stay here,Joe & Marcia and two friends from Tucson are in the park and both left word to keep me out but let Kathy stay I talked my butt off and was able to get a pass to let me stay as a guess :P . It is good to see our friends again and enjoy their company. we will probably stay at least two weeks. Wishing all a great 4th and safe travels.

David & Kathy 2007 hitchhiker LS 34.5 IKTG

2007 Dodge 3500

SKP#95802

Class of 2007

http://www.giraffelady65.blogspot.com

http://www.downaonewayroad.blogspot.com

A true friend is one who knows your faults and still wants to be your friend

Best to all from Medicine Hat, Alberta. The weather is in the 80's, sunny, breezy, some t-storms on the prairie as you'd expect. Beautiful territory. Said goodbye to mountains this morning.

I'm flying over Leland and Cathy's parking spot, but I'd like to know how he'll haul his garage to Q this winter. I can see the advantage; but fulltiming means you carry everything you've got, right?

I've put the RE RV Resort (Ray and Elan) on my list for this winter. I hope they take Passport, or maybe Escapees. Better yet, a check. Joe and Dave, Kathy and Marcia: I haven't been to that park yet, but plan on it this fall. If you could put it back together before you leave I'd appreciate it.

Travel on....

2007 Arctic Fox Fifth Wheel

2007 Chevy Silverado 2500HD (Green)

I'm flying over Leland and Cathy's parking spot, but I'd like to know how he'll haul his garage to Q this winter. I can see the advantage; but fulltiming means you carry everything you've got, right?

Note, I'm typing all of this with a huge smile on my face Marty! :) Full timing means different things to different people just like Fun and a lot of other things. To me it means living full time in my RV, which I do. I don't own another residence anywhere that I live in. Now some people's definitions vary. Some people say I'm not full timing because I own property. I do but ... I have no problems with anyone's definitions. I just love living the life style like I'm living it and that's what's important to me.

Now for taking the barn with me, I'll think about it. Might be a way. I've seen a lot of stuff hauled.

Too bad we'll miss you Marty. But we'll see you somewhere I know and I'm looking forward to it.

Take care.

Leland & Cathy

Hey Marty, flying?

We will leave the park better than we found it for sure. At least they will have fond memories of us being here!

Not a lot here at the park, clubhouse, pool, a nice wooded hill for walks, and full hookups. The sites are gravel, some have trees and some don't. There is a lot to do in the general area, but the biggest plus for the park is a stop over for people traveling I-75 which runs from Miami through Tampa up into MI.

Full Timing Definition???????

By Marty's definition I guess we are not FT'ers. We have a few things stored at Dad's, our son's and our daughter's. On the other hand leland's definition qualifies us, so we are going with his. Like the maps, FT'ing can be anything YOU want it to be. We LIVE FULL TIME in our rig, but the past few days we have been thinking about a house boat for a couple months a year. I wander what we would be considered if we lived in our rv 10 months and on a house boat for the other two? We had talked about living on a houseboat when we retired for years, but a house on wheels lets us avoid most of the COLD weather.

How many of the "Class of 2007" are planning on attending Nick's rally in Aug?

We have it etched in the etch-a-sketch, but won't make Escapade due to a cruise we will be going on in Sept.

Chasing the 70's

Just a quick update. My sister will have her surgery for colon cancer today -- it's been a long time getting to this point -- grrrr on HMOs, but we should know a lot more about what comes next once the surgery is over.

In the meantime, I went off my vegan diet on Monday and ate an IN and Out burger on Sunday followed by some high fat cheesy food at Mimi's Cafe which landed me in the hospital for 24 hours. Thought I was having a heart attack -- horrible chest pains -- worst pain in my life. But after a battery of tests it was determined that it was nothing more than severe gastro "something". On the up side I lost 3 lbs in 1 day and got out of the hospital just in time to be with my sister today.

Our little green car has been SICK ever since we got here. It is on it's 3rd or 4th trip to the mechanic -- valves, coils and I don't know what else.

If it wasn't for our family California just wouldn't be on our list of places to stay,

Okay enough bad news -- hope everyone else's woes are better soon and we can all get back to roaming the towns and roads we love,

Norah

Just a quick update. My sister will have her surgery for colon cancer today -- it's been a long time getting to this point -- grrrr on HMOs, but we should know a lot more about what comes next once the surgery is over.

In the meantime, I went off my vegan diet on Monday and ate an IN and Out burger on Sunday followed by some high fat cheesy food at Mimi's Cafe which landed me in the hospital for 24 hours. Thought I was having a heart attack -- horrible chest pains -- worst pain in my life. But after a battery of tests it was determined that it was nothing more than severe gastro "something". On the up side I lost 3 lbs in 1 day and got out of the hospital just in time to be with my sister today.

Okay enough bad news -- hope everyone else's woes are better soon and we can all get back to roaming the towns and roads we love,

Norah

Norah, I sure hope your sister's surgery and the follow up stuff that always goes with turns out good.

Thanks so much for the lighter side, although you probably don't think it lighter right now. I am vegetarian (not vegan) and I know what you are talking about with the food issue. One time, on an impulse I grabbed up a chicken leg and ate it. I was so sick. My body just couldn't handle that glob of fat. I figured out real soon that if I ever want to eat meats again it's going to have to be a slow re-introduction. So sorry to be laughing but boy can I relate. :blink:

Leland.

Leland & Cathy

Norah....Now you knew that could happen! Sorry it actually put you in a hospital bed. Prayers for you and the family. Too bad Howie has to deal with a sick car and a sick wife at the same time. Did he eat that stuff too and not get sick?

Part of my stress has dwindled..Mom has been moved into a much better nursing home and already seems to be more content. The staff seems so much more attentive and on the ball. Its a lighter, brighter sunnier place and so clean you could eat off the floors.

The truck issues are ongoing and I refuse to think about it until next week. Suffice it to say that it is going in for a second opinion at a different dealer.

Prayers to all and remember that if you are anywhere near Pittsburgh, Pa you have to call us for a get together. I can probable arrange a boondocking spot for a couple days as well.

Ron & Linda

Class of 2007
2000 Monaco Diplomat

2005 Honda Element

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are" Theodore Roosevelt

"We can't control the wind, but we can adjust our sail"

"When man gave up his freedom to roam the earth, he gave up his soul for a conditioned ego that is bound by time and the fear of losing its attachments."

Sister's surgery went very well. :) Surgeon said he only had to remove the tumor and a small part of the colon on either side. Everything looked really good, also took a couple of lymph nodes as precaution but he said they looked clean. He was able to reattach the colon -- No bag; she is very happy about that. I guess we will not know any more until the pathology comes back in a few days. But everyone is very optimistic.

Linda I didn't know that I could suffer that much pain by going off the vegan diet like that. If I had known --- I never would have and you can bet it won't happen again anytime soon or ever. My gut still isn't back to normal. I am still eating very lightly. I can't even stand to look at fast food commercials right now. And, no Howie was away for a couple of days when I decided to "cheat" on the diet. He was at his sister's 70th birthday party -- took his own food and didn't even eat any birthday cake or ice cream -- I may just hate him !!!! ;)

Leland I'm glad to hear it wasn't just me who made such a mistake and that I gave you a chuckle.

On the up side of my hospital stay my roommate was a druggie and her visitors were all gang bangers (neck tattoos and all) from listening to their conversations through the curtain I learned so much about prison, probation and how to freebase oxycontin (sp?) to get a 6 hour high -- so much more than I ever wanted to know. :rolleyes:

Norah

Leland I'm glad to hear it wasn't just me who made such a mistake and that I gave you a chuckle.

Norah

It was a purely sympathetic chuckle believe me. I felt for you. I didn't eat much for about three days and it was not fun.

So glad your sister's surgery turned out well. Cathy's sister just had breast cancer surgery and it turned out good too. A good week!

Leland & Cathy

Hey -- guys & gals, I have been catching up on the forum and WOW !!! What a whole lot of things are going on with everyone. Not that my life is uneventful, but not to the extent you all are having. Just want to extend my sympathies to everyone and wish you better days ahead.

Marcia & Joe - I really like your idea of a houseboat. Sounds like a super idea. Where do you think you'd locate it?

I'm sure you can get free parking next to a burned out drilling rig (Blackened Horizons -- Cajun style) in the Gulf. You can't beat the price! <G>

Carey

2000 New Horizons 33-ft FW

2005 3500 Dodge Cummins LB Dually

SKP# 87467 - Current Location

http://puedocrear.blogspot.com

Marcia & Joe - I really like your idea of a houseboat. Sounds like a super idea. Where do you think you'd locate it?

It would be on a local lake in TN, far from the oceans or gulf.

Chasing the 70's

You know . . . I was actually picturing you both somewhere down in the Central American region. Lots of coastline and long, sandy beaches . . .

Don't know why, but that was the image I was getting. And it was my evil mind that extended it north to the Gulf a bit. <grin> But an inland lake . . . that's quite interesting. And it brings to mind yet another picture. Have you ever seen the movie "Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter & Spring"? It's about just such a houseboat, but it's really a Buddhist monastery, tended to by a monk.

Let's see . . . Would that be an automatic tax write-off for religious purposes? Hmmmmmmmm.

Carey

2000 New Horizons 33-ft FW

2005 3500 Dodge Cummins LB Dually

SKP# 87467 - Current Location

http://puedocrear.blogspot.com

Norah great news about you sisiter, we'll keep our fingers crossed on the pathology report. Sorry you were so sick but can understand it having a college roomate who was vegan.

We are in Amana Iowa a great little german settlement from the 1700's. The people were fundamentalist and lived communally for 89 years. There are 7 villages and they are full of history, great food, drink etc. Great woolen factory, brewaery, wineries ,choclate factory all that good stuff.We have enjoyed our stay here in their RV park but now it's time to move on.

Sending good thoughts to all those dealing with family illiness!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jay n Fay Carter and Lulu

01 Fleetwood Expedition,DP

07 Saturn Toad

It's great to hear from everyone; prayers and hugs to all, and especially for those fighting the issues!!

Norah, glad to hear about your sister, and sorry about the In & Out Burger and the hospital stay....hope things are going better for you!!

We are in Livingston now...and it's cooler than Virginia...go figure!!! Having some fun and getting lots done! Will head to Indiana the end of July...anyone still around, Yell and let's get together!

Joe, when will you head to Elkhart?

Hugs to everyone!!

Bob and Molly

www.moonriverandwe.blogspot.com
Two drifters...off to see the world....
SKP #73997

Hey Norah We'll be keeping you and your family in our thoughts and prayers

We won't get to Nicks or Escapade this year as we have a new grandbaby due on Sept 10th so we'll be sticking close to Pa.

We will be going to the Chapter 20 rally in July and then come back to Wilkes-Barre area and spend a week volunteering at cub scout day camp.

In mid August we'll head down to the Jersey shore with our grandson.

Anyone traveling thru southern Ga in Dec. we'll be camphosting at Reed Bingham state park. We're trying to get a state park for Nov. but so far no luck. Skidaway near Savanna Ga. wanted us for Oct. & Nov. but we won't be leaving Pa. until mid Oct. this year

Other than that the only plans we have is Alaska the summer 2011

Enjoy your travels everyone.

Tom & Paula

Norah I am so happy to hear that things have gone well for your sister. Amazing what you can learn by a little listening in!! Glad you are beginning to feel better.

Hope everyone has fun at the various rallies this summer. We are headed out on the 15th for Cedar Point Amusement Park in Ohio. Taking the DD, her main squeeze and the 3 grands. They will be riding all the roller coasters while I find something that goes round and round. Should be a fun 3 day camping outing.

Jay, Amana Village is so on our bucket list. If you go thru northwest Ohio then Sauder Village is a great spot to visit as well.

Ron & Linda

Class of 2007
2000 Monaco Diplomat

2005 Honda Element

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are" Theodore Roosevelt

"We can't control the wind, but we can adjust our sail"

"When man gave up his freedom to roam the earth, he gave up his soul for a conditioned ego that is bound by time and the fear of losing its attachments."

Archived