• Last Reply

Happy Fathers Day to all.

Ron & Linda

Class of 2007
2000 Monaco Diplomat

2005 Honda Element

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are" Theodore Roosevelt

"We can't control the wind, but we can adjust our sail"

"When man gave up his freedom to roam the earth, he gave up his soul for a conditioned ego that is bound by time and the fear of losing its attachments."

Father's Day here in Mt. was spent "camping". It's amazing how simple it can get. The old beater pickup with the even older pickup camper, just enough food, paper plates and minimal pots n pans. Guess what, we fit ANY site in the national forest campground. We even turned around 'in' one site just cause we could.. :rolleyes:

We saw some beautiful mountain scenery, water falls, deer with fawns and more and more. It was a great weekend.

To all fathers - Hope you had just as good as I did!

Leland & Cathy

Father's Day here in Mt. was spent "camping". It's amazing how simple it can get. The old beater pickup with the even older pickup camper, just enough food, paper plates and minimal pots n pans. Guess what, we fit ANY site in the national forest campground. We even turned around 'in' one site just cause we could..

We saw some beautiful mountain scenery, water falls, deer with fawns and more and more. It was a great weekend.

I'll stick to the comforts of HOME, we have many fond memories of tent camping, but I won't go back to a tent. Not even for a weekend.

Chasing the 70's

You can follow us using My link

I may not know what town I will be sleeping in,

But I know I'll be sleeping in MY bed.

Hey Leland, did you all survive the tornado up there?

They said no deaths were reported so don't try to use that as an excuse not to post.

Really I hope you and yours are A O K and free from damages.

Chasing the 70's

We have been in Forest City, IA for the past week getting some work done on the RV. Today we are headin West to the Bad Lands. We will spend some time in the area before turning North and then heading East for a short visit. Enjoy your travels while you can.

Safe Travels!

Von and Christina

SKP #89742 - Lifetime membership - Member of the SKP Class of 2007
Good Sam Club - Lifetime Member
DataStorm #5423
Passport America - Lifetime Member
Sons Of The American Revolution (SAR) - Lifetime Member
American Legion - USAF - Lifetime Member
Rotary Club Member - 30 years

Escapee CARE Supporter

National Wildlife Refuge Volunteer

Hey Leland, did you all survive the tornado up there?

They said no deaths were reported so don't try to use that as an excuse not to post.

Really I hope you and yours are A O K and free from damages.

We don't have tornados in Montana Do we???? Well I guess we are getting them on a regular basis now. One in 1958 and now this one last week. At this rate we'll have to move out somewhere else! :(

After the news hype, the reality is this: It was a real live tornado and it did tear up about 6 buildings. They were all in about a 2 block area. As much damage was done by the rain that fell (about 2 1/2 inches in an hour) and a lot of folks in a much wider area got hail damage with the golf ball size little ice balls. (Someone's kid asked if those white ice things were tornado eggs?). Our daughter was about a half mile from the tornado and got hail damage on their travel trailer.

We are about 10 or 12 miles from the tornado impact area and didn't have any of their weather. We had only mild winds and no hail and very little rain even. We were no more impacted than most of you guys and you actually probably knew more about what was going on.

Onward and upward!

Leland & Cathy

Okay...the Fleegers are going to hide out under a rock for a few months. Life is handing out lemons faster than we can make lemonade.

Right after we arrived in PA the truck was struck on the drivers side by a piece of farm machinery and the owner has NO INSURANCE. News to us South Dakota has no uninsured motorist coverage so the short story is we end up paying the deductable and hoping that GEICO can get the money back from the person who did the damage. The truck will be down for 5 days to do the repair.

Our truck has been running bad ( miss and run rough when started) with it getting worse recently. The dealership is telling us that Chyrsler/ Cummins will repair any damaged fuel injectors ( Thank heavens) but we are on the hook for the cleaning of the fuel system (tank & lines) and the testing of the injectors,even if when Cummins actually test the injectors they should find something that has nothing related to fuel. This whole process will take about 3 weeks. That bill is also a whopper. Our insurance might cover this but we don't know if it will be mechanical breakdown insurance or once again under another part (with of course a much higher deductable). The frustrating thing is that we change the fuel filters on a regular basis ( the dealership was surprised we had all the documentation) but they still insist its a dirty fuel problem. They asked us where we got the fuel....all I could do is stare at her and say "who knew...everywhere in the country".

If someone out there has a bad luck portal open then please shut the darn thing so that it quites flowing in our direction.....

Ron & Linda

Class of 2007
2000 Monaco Diplomat

2005 Honda Element

"When man gave up his freedom to roam the earth, he gave up his soul for a conditioned ego that is bound by time and the fear of losing its attachments."

Laland, it is about time you chimed in here to let us know things. You are going to have to start checking in more often. Glad things are OK there, and hope the hail didn't do too much damage to the TT.

Nana, those farmers are rich people, even though they run around in bibbed overhauls. Well at least some of them are, and we hope the one that hit your truck is.

As for the fuel problem, three weeks is a long time, but at least you will have your home and it isn't in the shop too. (Advantage for 5ers) So just count your blessings because it could be worse.

Chasing the 70's

Nana, sorry to hear about your lemonade kits. Good luck.

Just for a little lighter side, I had a doctor's appointment today and looks like things are going along pretty well. Makes me happy when things don't deteriorate! I that like being happy just not being hit? What was that story, I forget.

Sure wish I had a Kubota! Need Machinery! (Cathy just doesn't understand this. Women. :ph34r: )

Leland & Cathy

Leland...As we women are prone to tell you..There is no truth to the saying that the boy who dies with the most toys wins! :D

I am sure that Cathy would much rather you spent the money on her!!

We meet the insurance adjuster for the mechanical repair tomorrow at the dealership. He seems to think that they are blowing smoke about the problem being from dirty fuel. He will inspect the tank and fuel filiters himself along with testing the fuel. Our question along with the adjuster and about half of the male members of my family who have been running and repairing big rigs for years don't understand how the fuel could casue this problem. Way to many details to go into here. So we will see how things go.

Joe ..the farmer that hit us is far from rich. :(

We are enjoying our time with family. We have been playing crochet(sp) every evening and sitting around my nephew's pool with a fire going. To bad the water isn't warm enough for me to get in for a swim. :D Ron is tring to figure out how to make the crochet balls and hoops lighted so the kids can play in the dark...rather like midnight bowling :ph34r:

Ron & Linda

Class of 2007
2000 Monaco Diplomat

2005 Honda Element

Okay...the Fleegers are going to hide out under a rock for a few months. Life is handing out lemons faster than we can make lemonade.

Right after we arrived in PA the truck was struck on the drivers side by a piece of farm machinery and the owner has NO INSURANCE. News to us South Dakota has no uninsured motorist coverage so the short story is we end up paying the deductable and hoping that GEICO can get the money back from the person who did the damage. The truck will be down for 5 days to do the repair.

Our truck has been running bad ( miss and run rough when started) with it getting worse recently. The dealership is telling us that Chyrsler/ Cummins will repair any damaged fuel injectors ( Thank heavens) but we are on the hook for the cleaning of the fuel system (tank & lines) and the testing of the injectors,even if when Cummins actually test the injectors they should find something that has nothing related to fuel. This whole process will take about 3 weeks. That bill is also a whopper. Our insurance might cover this but we don't know if it will be mechanical breakdown insurance or once again under another part (with of course a much higher deductable). The frustrating thing is that we change the fuel filters on a regular basis ( the dealership was surprised we had all the documentation) but they still insist its a dirty fuel problem. They asked us where we got the fuel....all I could do is stare at her and say "who knew...everywhere in the country".

If someone out there has a bad luck portal open then please shut the darn thing so that it quites flowing in our direction.....

Linda & Ron...You guys sure need the Protection Ferry to come your way for a while :blink: Sure hope your trip along I-10 hasen't nocked something loose in there? Maybe you need to send the Gecko in under the hood :P Kidding aside hope things turn out better than new.

Steve & Sandy

Papillon's Yoda & Ruby

2008 Phaeton 40QDH DP

http://allgire-travels.blogspot.com

Linda, We have Insurance (USAA) in the state of SD and it includes "uninsured and underinsured" coverage. May be worth another look.

Hank and Patti

Patti & Hank Landry

Molly & Scooter- Boston Terriers

2009 Phaeton

toad: 07 Silver Toyota

landrypatti@yahoo.com

http://woodalls.mytripjournal.com/HankandPatti

Location: Paradise South, Mercedes, Tx for the winter of 2010

To bad the water isn't warm enough for me to get in for a swim. :unsure:

You're just in the wrong place. Here in Hemet, Ca it's 90 degrees -- the rv resort has 3 pools and 3 hot tubs -- you would love it. Me, I'm hanging out in the air conditioning.

Sorry to hear about all your problems; hope everything works out good for you.

Hugs,

Norah

It is nice to catch up with where everyone is, and what's happening to all our classmates. The dig with my class went great! It was so much fun to see all the kids again. 15 out of the 21 showed up. A sidewalk had been built over the time capsule but we tried to dig it up anyway until the principal stopped us. I did have a copy of the letters the kids wrote so they each read them and that was fun. There was a man who volunteered in my class for about 6 years, he's 82 now and lives 3 hours away, but he showed up for the dig. It was a wonderful experience.

The horse ride was awesome this year, we tried to go to all our old places since I won't be going back for a while anyway. We rode 5 -7 hours each day. We saw two herds of wild horses, they were beautiful. We haven't found them for 6 years, so that was a treat. Had to spend a few extra hours in the saddle to see them but it was worth it!!!!!!!! Gave my horse to the lady I've ridden with for 23 years, she'll enjoy him and when I go to Tulsa he'll be there for me to ride it was hard but needed to be done for me and him.

We are in Wright City Mo. visiting friends, leaving here Sunday going to Minn. to visit a lady I met in Texas who runs a horse day camp for kids. Her husband has classic cars and he and Jay have all kinds of things planned. From there we will try to catch up with Greg and Jean and then head to Indiana for toh floors in the MH then up to the New England states for the rest of the summer and fall. Looking forward to all of this. The lobster fest in Maine should be great from all I've heard about it. We'll keep up posted and will keep all the families in our prayeres.

Fay

Jay n Fay Carter and Lulu

01 Fleetwood Expedition,DP

07 Saturn Toad

We also are moving again....it was nice to know that the tires still turned. Spent our first night in Kellogg IA at a small campground just off of I-80.....treated to a nice Thunderstorm as we went to bed - so in came the slides !!! The camping is non-descript but very convenient, make sure you go to the gas station/office/restaurant - the burgers aren't bad but NOT as they advertised the BEST BURGERS in the world or maybe it was just IOWA.

We are heading to SE Wisconsin where we will spend some time with family and friends and hopefully will meet up with Marty and Fay and Jay and later in the summer Beth and Red.

Cheers

Greg and Jean
Madison, SD

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did."

I tell people that the difference being a full time RV'r is that in the RV we live outdoors to a much greater extent than house dwellers. We hear the rain on the roof, we feel the wind rock the rig and we have to be more aware of dangerous weather. All of this makes us "weather watchers" doesn't it.

Being an extremist I have bought and installed a PWS. That's Personal Weather Station. Another idiotic electronics thingy and guess what? It hooks up to the internet! You too can tell the weather where I am just by going to Weather Underground and typing in Shepherd, Mt in the city block. Look for the PWS listed called Homer Davis and that's shows the current conditions out on the pipe by the swing set at our place. The link is http://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/findwe...ast?query=59079

There's a lot of other info on the page, I didn't do it all myself. ;) The current conditions and that are mine. The radar is theirs, I don't own one of those yet. The forcasts are theirs, my staff isn't up to speed just yet on doing that work.

Happy summer everyone. It has finally become summer here with temps up to mid 80s at last.

Be safe.

Leland & Cathy

Sandy & Steve.....the "Geiko" is actually gonna be looking under the hood..or should I say the fuel tank. If we have horrible fuel (which no one other than the dealership believes) then our insurance will pay for the cleaning of the fuel system.

The good news is that we get to move my Mom onto a really nice geriatric facilty on Monday. As an old geriatric nurse I had serious misgivings about where she has been and will feel much better about her new digs.

Ron & Linda

Class of 2007
2000 Monaco Diplomat

2005 Honda Element

Patti & Hank ..Better check your policy. As you can see UNinsured means it pays only for Physical injury not the rapir of your vehicle. learning this was certainly a rude awakening for us this week.

"South Dakota

In South Dakota Uninsured Motorist and Underinsured coverage is mandatory. According to the SD division of insurance, Uninsured Motorist coverage is required for all policies. It pays you, resident members of your family, and occupants of your auto for personal injuries caused by an Uninsured Motorist or a hit and run driver. No coverage for damage to your vehicle is provided.

As the SD DOI explains Underinsured Motorist coverage is very similar to Uninsured, except that the coverage is for personal injuries caused by a motorist with inadequate insurance. If a motorist has 25/50 coverage, and you have 100/300 of underinsured motorist, your insurance will cover you once the medical costs exceed $25,000 (for one person) up to a maximum of $100,000 minus $25,000 of the other person's liability, $75,000 of your Uninsured Motorist coverage.

These coverages are not "stackable," in that if the medical bills exceed $100,000 in the above example, you cannot add the liable party's $25,000 of liability coverage and your $100,000 of underinsured coverage.

SD Codified Law section 58-11-9.4 states that Underinsured Motorist coverage to be available with liability policies. No motor vehicle liability policy of insurance may be issued or delivered in this state with respect to any motor vehicle registered or principally garaged in this state, except for snowmobiles, unless Underinsured Motorist coverage is provided therein at a face amount equal to the bodily injury limits of the policy. However, the coverage required by this section may not exceed the limits of one hundred thousand dollars because of bodily injury to or death of one person in any one accident and, subject to the limit for one person, three hundred thousand dollars because of bodily injury to or death of two or more persons in any one accident, unless additional coverage is requested by the insured."

Ron & Linda

Class of 2007
2000 Monaco Diplomat

2005 Honda Element

Fay and Jay, keep us updated as to where you are and are going. We might be able to cross paths.

Leland, since we started full-timeing we have seen way too many recod highs and lows. But how can you avoid it when it is warmer in WA State than FL, or colder in Atlanta Ga than in AK? I guess we should all trade our rigs for JETS.

Linda, I guess you will have to take one of his cows to cover the damages. You get to supply the steaks at the next gathering, but if your luck is like mine all you will get is the hay for the cow, or the leftovers after the cow finishes the hay.

David and Cathy,,,,,where are you?????????????????????????????????????

Chasing the 70's

Hello all. Thought we should get on here and let everyone know what is happening to us.

Nana we are also riding with bad luck in the co-pilot seat. Heading east on

I-40 on the west side of Fort Smith AR we hit a VW trap (open trench) and tore the tongue out of the 5th wheel. It took two days to get it repaired. Went on down I-40 and got off on AR highway 1 and stopped at a family members place in Wynne AR. (Aunt Alice. We call her Mama Alice.) Didn’t like the welding job so Uncle Wayne and I beefed it up by welding angle iron in all the corners and straps across all the joints. Now it is stronger than when it came out of the factory.

While we were there Mama Alice told us she was selling some of her property. We looked at a ½ acre 3 miles out of town with a trailer on it. The price was right so we bought it. Now we are going to put in 3-50amp RV sites. Going to move everything from AZ to AR. Elen likes it better in AR. Have to do a little repair on the trailer but well worth what we spent. This doesn’t mean we are grounded. Elen’s brother Jay will be living in the trailer and watching the place for us.

When we get the 3-50amp posts up anyone that want to come in for a couple days do so. FREE Even if we aren’t there. Let us know and we’ll give you directions how to get there. Hope to have up and working by SEP.

Right now we are at a small park (Lake Story - Allison Campground) in Galesburg IL with son and some other family members. We will stay here till the 5th. Then we’ll go to Glasgow KY to see daughter for a couple days then back to Wynne to fix the trailer so Jay can move in. After that don’t know where we will go.

SKP 98010
1990 Bounder 27D by Fleetwood
Ray and Elen living this beautiful life style and exploring this beautiful country

Ray...Sorry to hear about the fifth wheel but looks like you got a nice deal on the property and trailor.....

In light of the troubles that are far worse than ours that have hit everyone else in our crowd I will now stop gripping.

Chiefneon...do you have your rig fixed yet????

Ron & Linda

Class of 2007
2000 Monaco Diplomat

2005 Honda Element

Archived