CLASS OF 2007 follow along with us.

JoeandMarcia

Trisha

Are you leaving the park right away? We were able to get into a 2nd class. We'll be comming in on Sunday 22nd for class on 23 & 24th. Steve is looking forward to Camp Freightliner :rolleyes:

Glad to here Pattie is doing well.

Thanks Joe for the update.

Steve & Sandy

Papillon's Yoda & Ruby

2008 Phaeton 40QDH DP

http://allgire-travels.blogspot.com

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you Joe for the up-date both here and by phone this AM....I miss a day reading the forum and was so shocked to get an e-mail from another classmate this AM about this.

Love & prayers to Fay & Jay. Call us if you need anything.

Ron & Linda

Class of 2007
2000 Monaco Diplomat

2005 Honda Element

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are" Theodore Roosevelt

"We can't control the wind, but we can adjust our sail"

"When man gave up his freedom to roam the earth, he gave up his soul for a conditioned ego that is bound by time and the fear of losing its attachments."

Latest Jay update:

It is a serious, but not life threatening tumor. It will be an 8-9 hour surgery that they scheduled for Thursday.

The meds are helping already, Jay is sitting up and feeling somewhat better.

Fay and Kathy are holding their own, the MH and Lulu are headed towards Tulsa with their friend Darnell driving it.

Doctor just walked in so Fay will call us later with the latest.

Chasing the 70's

You can follow us using My link

I may not know what town I will be sleeping in,

But I know I'll be sleeping in MY bed.

Just got the following by email from Fay and thought I would pass it along.

" I saw a little of my real Jay today as the massive amount of steroids are reducing the pressure. God it was good to see him again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

When I spoke with her yesterday she talked about how Jay had not been himself recently as a result of the pressure on his brain from the growing mass. It was good to see a little relief in her words today -- Norah

Trisha

Are you leaving the park right away? We were able to get into a 2nd class. We'll be coming in on Sunday 22nd for class on 23 & 24th. Steve is looking forward to Camp Freightliner :unsure:

Glad to here Pattie is doing well.

Thanks Joe for the update.

I'm not leaving until next Thursday, August 26th. I'm is site 53.

Trisha Schmidt

2008 Tiffin Phaeton

2006 Saturn Vue

Been away from internet up here in Canada,wont trade our unlimited contract for international. Things happen fast on the road. Our hopes and prays go out to Jay & Fay and their family. From Joes last post they seem to be working. Hang in there Jay as you work your way over this speed bump. We'll be seeing

you down the road soon I'm sure.

Play safe & drive careful,

Sandy & Mike

Mike and Sandy

2005 LaPalma

2005 Ford Ranger

Traveling with Stormy, The Evil Kitty & Lucy

www.barski47.blogspot.com"]Visit My Blog

Hugs & prayers to you both, Jay & Fay! We'll say extra prayers on Thursday that the surgery goes well and recuperation is quick.

PS. Maybe we could create a "chant" of our lines from the rally skit - would that help?????

John & Lora

http://southfromalaska2.blogspot.com/

2003 Foretravel U320

2018 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid

Class of '07

UPDATE on the Carters!

No change in Jay, he is still scheduled for surgery on Thursday. They really want some more of the swelling to go down before they do the surgery.

As we all know this has been a VERY stressful few days for Fay. Dealing with Jay not being himself for over a week before they found out, and then the news of the tumor, and then being told they would do the surgery sooner than later, and then being told it wouldn't happen until Thursday. On top of all that she was forced into driving the MH when Jay never would let her before. (there is something to each person NEEDING to know how to drive the rig) Add in the stress of being in a motel room and visiting the hospital when you can, and not getting much rest at all, and trying to answer the phone when it rings, (and we all know it rings just about the time you doze off), she has all she can deal with.

Fay has told us she will call us everyday with an update, and I will post it to the forum to keep everyone in the loop. We will also post it on FB since so many use it more often than the forum. If you want to send a card, or flowers, send it to

C/O Jay Carter ward 6 B

Durham VA Medical Center

508 Fulton St

Durham NC 27705

Chasing the 70's

I check the forums several times a day, so if you have any questions PLEASE ask here, send me an e-mail atlantajoe@hotmail.com , or a PM, or on FB.

Thanks, Fay will like getting some undisturbed rest.

Chasing the 70's

Thanks Joe this is a excellent way to keep us all in formed and let Fay get some rest we will be praying Jay & fay pass this bump.

David & Kathy 2007 hitchhiker LS 34.5 IKTG

2007 Dodge 3500

SKP#95802

Class of 2007

http://www.giraffelady65.blogspot.com

http://www.downaonewayroad.blogspot.com

A true friend is one who knows your faults and still wants to be your friend

Thanks Joe....

Ron & Linda

Class of 2007
2000 Monaco Diplomat

2005 Honda Element

"When man gave up his freedom to roam the earth, he gave up his soul for a conditioned ego that is bound by time and the fear of losing its attachments."

Well Joe the truck got towed to the local dodge dealer here in Salem OH and the house was towed to Stoneridge terrace and we have full hookups they will start work on truck monday as it was late friday. and we have a rental car for transporation engine check lite came on and said see dealer now and in about 10 miles it started to lose power off & on so we found a place to pull into and called Good sam road servce and in about hour they showed up and here we are. Paul & Connie offered to help in anyway but enterprise came and picked us up so now its just wait & see what they find.

We had a great visit with Paul & Connie last evening it was so good to see them as its been a couple years. You sure meet wonderful folks in this lifestyle.

We won't be in Elkhart have other plans this trip so give hugs to everyone for us. will post when we are back traveling,hope its soon as we are heading to Wooster ohio for a small family reunion.

David & Kathy 2007 hitchhiker LS 34.5 IKTG

2007 Dodge 3500

SKP#95802

Class of 2007

http://www.giraffelady65.blogspot.com

http://www.downaonewayroad.blogspot.com

A true friend is one who knows your faults and still wants to be your friend

Joe and Marcia, Please extend our thoughts and prayers to Jay and Fay. We've been following this forum and face book. We'll be wishing and praying for the best for them.

We're still at our place in Montana but working towards the end of summer and getting on the road. There are a few more things I'd like to complete this summer so that next summer we can travel more/work less.

Be save everyone.

Leland and Cathy

Leland & Cathy

Cathy, please do something with Leland he is using them DIRTY four letter words again.

I will make sure Fay gets the word about everyone saying what they say.

And thank you all, I know Fay isn't up to much of anything right now, and I also know she appreciates everyone's thoughts and prayers.

Chasing the 70's

Another Carter Update.

Jay is about the same, still on the meds reducing the swelling, and surgery is scheduled for Thursday.

Fay is also doing well considering, she had a heart attack last night. She is scheduled to have a heart cath tomorrow AM. We couldn't mention this until after they had told Jay because they feared he would find out through the grapevine before they could tell him.

She went to the motel room last night and her chest started hurting so she went to the hospital where she passed out. They did several EKG's with each one showing something different. They admitted her last night, and today they confirmed she did have a heart attack. They will probably put a stint in tomorrow AM.

I told her to turn her phone off, because she is so stressed with everything and having calls from EVERYONE, friends, family, and doctors. She said she is so tired of repeating each story so many times. She did say that she or Kathy would call us with updates as they happen and we will post them here and on FB.

She doesn't want to hurt anyone's feelings, and thanks everyone for the thoughts and prayers, but she will not be taking any calls. I'm sure she would love to see anyone that might want to go there. She is at Duke Medical Center, and I'm sure it is connected to the VA hospital there. Although I have never been there to know for sure.

I would send any cards or flowers to Jay since Fay will be in ICU where she can't have flowers and the cards may or may not get to her before she is transferred to the other floors.

Jay's daughter Kathy is there, and Fay's sister will be flying in soon, I would expect her brother and other sister will be joining them too.

Thanks everyone, I will do my best to keep everyone in the loop here or on FB.

Chasing the 70's

Thanks for all the updates on Fay & Jay. I'm copying your Facebook updates and mailing them to the Yahoo Group for Class of 2007 for those that don't check here or FB.

SKP hugs,
Donna [Froggi] & Stu
BLOGS: Our Prime Years ~ My Author Site
2000 Freightliner FL60, 2007 41' KZ Toy Hauler, 2015 HD Tri-Glide
SKP Lifetime #48337 ~ Good Sam Lifetime #42600353

Please tell Fay that if there is anything in the world she needs to let us know. Thank you for your effortsin keeping every one up to date.

Ron & Linda

Class of 2007
2000 Monaco Diplomat

2005 Honda Element

I just got off the phone with Jay Carter himself. Kathy is going to give him a MOHAWK! I said I wanted pictures.

He sounded good, and said they were still doing his surgery Thursday, (maybe Friday) depending on the swelling.

He also said Fay has two 75% blocked arteries, and one 65%. They have her in surgery to do the 2 - 75% arteries, and will probably do the 60% one while they are there.

Jay will need radiation and chemo after the surgery and he is trying to get that set up to do in south Texas.

Fay's sister is there, and Jay's daughter is there helping them now.

I wish I knew more, and I will post up about Fays results ASAP.

Chasing the 70's

Just received a call from Linda (Fay's sister) and she said Fay wanted her to call us so we could post that she is doing good. She had 2 stints put in, and the doctor said he thought she had a mild heart attack, but they wouldn't know for sure until the eco thingy came back.

The main thing is she is on the mend now, and Jay will have his surgery Thursday or Friday.

Chasing the 70's

Thaks for the update Joe.

IF you wanted to stop by here, I just had another 13 ton of gravel delivered. Now I shovel it into my little wagon and spread it over on the revised RV pad and then pack it with the compactor. I have an extra shovel!

On the road soon though. Almost time to move on.

leland.

Leland & Cathy

Thaks for the update Joe.

IF you wanted to stop by here, I just had another 13 ton of gravel delivered. Now I shovel it into my little wagon and spread it over on the revised RV pad and then pack it with the compactor. I have an extra shovel!

On the road soon though. Almost time to move on.

leland.

Sounds to me like the time to move on was the day before the gravel showed up. :)

Paul

Our blog A Breath of Fresh Road

Paul & Connie

98 Monaco Windsor 38' DP (For Sale)

2004 Chevy Tracker

Started 10/8/07

Archived