RDBE (for those in the know)

ddshjs

Heidi - it was good to hear from you - glad everyone is doing well! I forgot to ask if Robert ever got the reverse lights working on the truck. Stay warm and continued good luck with the Frankencamper design work - cannot WAIT to see the finished product! We're very happy for you guys (in advance I guess...). Hugs to the little ones for us?

Richard & Sharon

For Sale - 2005 Freightliner Century RV Hauler

Truck-for-sale-smaller.jpg

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Heidi! Have you decided on a new trailer or remodel? Whatever it is, I look forward to seeing it and I hope you have fun planning!

Are you guys still out west, or have you moved east?

Sharon, I never saw an answer to the questions regarding Richard's recovery. Is he back to normal yet? Has it been too cold and wet to fish? I keep hoping you get better weather, but it doesn't seem to stop dripping from the sky.

Aggie, I saw the AZ weather report the other day. BRRR! Then again, I bet that is nothing compared to Michigan winters!

Alicia, those were gorgeous pictures! Do you think you could have gotten animal shots worth showing without a zoom lens? We need to start looking for a better zoom option... after batteries and tires!

Janet, Enjoy the Tampa Show! (confession: Since you are gone this week, I am sending in my recipes NEXT weekend. Yes, I am a slacker!)

You ladies stay warm and dry! It is cold out there! ~S

Susan & Trey Selman | email | HDT: '01 770 VED12 | 5er: '02 40' Travel Supreme RLTSOA | '16 Piaggio MP3 500 | '15 Smart Cabrio | Personal Blog | HHRV Resource Guide | HHRV Campgrounds | Recreation Vehicle Safety & Education Foundation |

Love reading all of the posts and keeping up with everyone moving around, etc.

No problem Susan, you can send recipes anytime. Raymond and I will be in Tampa this Wednesday and will return Sunday. Nice Raymond has off Monday so he doesn't have to rush back to Jacksonville right away. I'll be heading to Jax with him and plan to be there most of the next month. We'll see how much work on the house I get done. LOL

Already looking forward to ECR in Crossville 6-13 April.

It's been beautiful near New Smyrna Beach the past few days. I'm back to walking in hopes of being ready for the Gate River Run (15K) in Jax 9 March. 7 miles this past Saturday went well, but will be working on faster times during my shorter walks.

Everyone, take care. If you are in Tampa the end of this week, hopefully we'll see you there. :rolleyes:

Janet Church Lifetime Member #96033 RDBE #58
2005 Volvo 630
2008 Blue Smart
2006 Ruby Red Smart (1st Gen)
2009 DRV 36' Mobile Suites
NO PMs PLEASE. I might not see them for a long time! Contact me at: jags1fan@gmail.com

better half: G8r.Ray Raymond Church

My blog: ForksInTheRVRoad.com

Sharon, I never saw an answer to the questions regarding Richard's recovery. Is he back to normal yet? Has it been too cold and wet to fish? I keep hoping you get better weather, but it doesn't seem to stop dripping from the sky.

Susan, sorry - I did answer, but it was on the phone with Heidi :P Didn't you hear the answer!? :lol: Anyway, he's back "almost" to normal (well, as normal as HE ever gets!). Thanks to everyone for their prayers - just don't come out of the big trucks facing out - back out for safety! We've actually been fishing twice - once last Monday, then again last Friday. All the batteries in the boat died, so we ordered new ones and will get them Wednesday, so we'll be back on the lake again Thursday (hopefully!). Did you ever get to the zoo to see the Christmas lights? Oh, Heidi and Robert are designing what they call the Frankencamper - bits of pieces taken from different sources put together in a way to work perfectly for a family of 6 on the road. They have some WAY COOL designs!

Weird winter this year isn't it!? We checked the temps at our home base and the other day it was MINUS 17 degrees!! BRRRRR!!! Even with the dryness making it feel less cold (zero is not bad at all if the wind isn't blowing) - but add wind and take off another 17 degrees - not where we want to be right now!!!

Janet - you guys enjoy the rv show and don't go getting "trade in" crazy :D You just got this one the way you want it huh!?

Stay as warm as possible ladies. Drive safe if you're traveling!

Edited by kingskids

Richard & Sharon

You are so right, Sharon! We love the DRV and I suspect won't ever trade for anything else. And, I think, I am finished my last "project" on the decor of the RV. Well, except for a couple of things we might have Alicia do for us, post retirement. The Tampa RV Supershow is just fun and quite a few HDTers show up....so that's fun to catch up with them. Plus we are able to wander through and check out new ideas in RV's.

We are having some beautiful weather in FL this week. Mostly 70s during the days, 50s at night and a slight breeze. Windows Open type weather!!! :rolleyes:

Everyone have a great week.

2005 Volvo 630
2008 Blue Smart
NO PMs PLEASE. I might not see them for a long time! Contact me at: jags1fan@gmail.com

Hey Heidi! Have you decided on a new trailer or remodel? Whatever it is, I look forward to seeing it and I hope you have fun planning!

Are you guys still out west, or have you moved east?

We have engaged Spacecraft to build a new unit for us. We have the floor plan, most of the decor decisions, lots of the "male" stuff decided, and have finalized our cabinet drawings, so we are very close to getting steel welded together!

We are hanging out in the Southeast until we hear that Marsha is ready to start building and then we will head to frigid MO - BRR! Have really enjoyed our 70+ degree weather here!!

Sharon, DH has not gotten the back up lights yet. We have been consumed with researching for the camper - that's what happens when you have 2 people with our personalities....

2007 2L Freightliner Century Condo, 14.0L Detroit, QD 6000
2013 Space Craft

Sharon, DH has not gotten the back up lights yet. We have been consumed with researching for the camper - that's what happens when you have 2 people with our personalities....

Heidi - BELIEVE me - I totally understand! Richard and I are both the "research something to death" types, unfortunately, sometimes to the detriment of getting things done... So happy that things are coming along so wonderfully - I think we all are going to be dying to see the finished product. Bet the kids are super excited to have such a great future customized home. Though it seems that what you have has worked great with an organized Psalms 31 woman running a tight ship. My best to you all, have fun planning and designing. Designing the custom homes we built was always Richard's favorite part - he loved that part even better than swinging the hammer.

Richard & Sharon

Thanks, again for all the compliments on the photos! It's a passion of mine and Rick's.

We have engaged Spacecraft to build a new unit for us. We have the floor plan, most of the decor decisions, lots of the "male" stuff decided, and have finalized our cabinet drawings, so we are very close to getting steel welded together!

Wow! i am so happy for you guys! Is hubby posting about it on the HDT forum or somewhere? I so please send a link. I want to see it in progress.

I hope everyone is doing great! I'm having some work challenges. it's just more proof that spending time away from people for long durations will be a lifestyle I am really looking forward to! haahaa

I am RickW’s amazing wife from Wylie, TX. In 2009, we made our first trek to the HDT Rally in KS in an LGT. The next year we arrived in a 2004 Volvo 780 (465hp and 10sp Auto Shift). In 2017, we transitioned into an Entegra Anthem to suit our lifestyle. We have a home and travel as often as we can, mainly to Yellowstone and other National Parks with our cats and dog, Bailey Mae. 

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Ladies, All is going well in Jacksonville, FL. We are slowly (and I emphasize slowly) getting to work on the sticks and bricks that we plan to get on the market this year. At "homebase" 30 minutes south of Daytona we have tons of Sour Oranges - if anyone is near that area and likes sour oranges for their Marmalade Recipes or Mojo Sauce, etc, let us know! 8 WEEKS FROM TODAY we head to the ECR (East Coast Rally) in Crossville, TN. 6-13 April 2013. IF you haven't thought about going, check out the posting by SuiteSuccess "East Coast Rally Update". We had a blast there in 2012 (at our first official RV trip/adventure) and are looking forward to another fun week with old friends and meeting new friends. Mark your Calendars!!!! Deer Run RV Resort is a beautiful place!

RDBE Cookbook Update: I have taken your suggestions from the last RDBE meeting in Hutchinson, KS this past October, and will be announcing SOON how you can obtain the 35 recipes I have received to date. Keep those recipes coming as you cook your old favorites or try out new ones! Please send all recipes to jags1fan@gmail.com IF you happen to make a recipe that you'll be submitting - take a picture of it and attach that to the email as well. I'll be adding color pictures to each recipe page, as soon as I prepare the recipes submitted and do a little snapping as I go!!! :rolleyes:

Our youngest son, who attended the RV Service Academy in South Florida is launching is own RV Mobile Service Company. He is near the Daytona/Titusville area. If you need RV service and are near the East Coast of FL - keep him in mind as he gets this puppy off the ground. He bought a pop up camper, gutted it, built out the inside with aluminum frame shelving to store his tools for the trade!

Hope this finds you all healthy and having a blast "on the road" wherever you may be! We can't wait to be "out there too"! (we are almost on our less than 1 year countdown) B)

2005 Volvo 630
2008 Blue Smart

Hi Ladies, All is going well in Jacksonville, FL. We are slowly (and I emphasize slowly) getting to work on the sticks and bricks that we plan to get on the market this year. At "homebase" 30 minutes south of Daytona we have tons of Sour Oranges - if anyone is near that area and likes sour oranges for their Marmalade Recipes or Mojo Sauce, etc, let us know! 8 WEEKS FROM TODAY we head to the ECR (East Coast Rally) in Crossville, TN. 6-13 April 2013. IF you haven't thought about going, check out the posting by SuiteSuccess "East Coast Rally Update". We had a blast there in 2012 (at our first official RV trip/adventure) and are looking forward to another fun week with old friends and meeting new friends. Mark your Calendars!!!! Deer Run RV Resort is a beautiful place!

RDBE Cookbook Update: I have taken your suggestions from the last RDBE meeting in Hutchinson, KS this past October, and will be announcing SOON how you can obtain the 35 recipes I have received to date. Keep those recipes coming as you cook your old favorites or try out new ones! Please send all recipes to jags1fan@gmail.com IF you happen to make a recipe that you'll be submitting - take a picture of it and attach that to the email as well. I'll be adding color pictures to each recipe page, as soon as I prepare the recipes submitted and do a little snapping as I go!!! :rolleyes:

Our youngest son, who attended the RV Service Academy in South Florida is launching is own RV Mobile Service Company. He is near the Daytona/Titusville area. If you need RV service and are near the East Coast of FL - keep him in mind as he gets this puppy off the ground. He bought a pop up camper, gutted it, built out the inside with aluminum frame shelving to store his tools for the trade!

Hope this finds you all healthy and having a blast "on the road" wherever you may be! We can't wait to be "out there too"! (we are almost on our less than 1 year countdown) B)

Hi all! Mom and I are doing the girl thing here in FL waiting for my DH to arrive. Signed up for the ECR today and an RDBE meeting is planned:). We are site 307. Next to Pat and Ken. No cabin this year. Hopefully my DH will get out after the nor' Easter hits fri and sat. Suppose to move from SKP park to Pt St Lucie Sunday! Oh we'll snow happens:(. Happy birthday to all the February gals! Cheers. Davena

Wow! i am so happy for you guys! Is hubby posting about it on the HDT forum or somewhere? I so please send a link. I want to see it in progress.

We are making final decisions and Marsha has our steel for the frame and has the walls built. biggrin.gif

As of right now, we are enjoying the 70 degree weather and will head toward Spacecraft the end of this month, when they really start putting everything together. As soon as we get any pics, I will post. It's all very exciting. DH hasn't been posting much lately, but I'll link to his posts should he let the men in on our little adventure.

Davena, hope your hubby can get down to you guys. Sounds like he might need a snow plow!

2013 Space Craft

Sounds like things are going well, Heidi! Yes, share some pics.

So Davena, has Henry been able to leave yet?

Janet, I just saw your etsy profile. Your cards and ribbon are so cool!! Looks like fun. And I have a recipe to send you for a cheese ball spread. I'll send it to your gmail account later tonight.

Next week, we are taking our set up to San Diego, CA. We have some business out there so packing up the trailer and the animals for some time away. I'm really looking forward to time on the rode. Rick put the the Volvo in the shop and when we picked it up last Friday, my heart was ready to go on the road. Can't wait to be able to do that whenever we feel like it.

Oh and after he registered the HDT as an RV, we got new vanity plates: On2YNP. They only allow 6 characters so we couldn't use off2YNP, which makes more sense. (On2YNP-Onto Yellowstone Natl Park)

Hope everyone is safe and doing well.

I am RickW’s amazing wife from Wylie, TX. In 2009, we made our first trek to the HDT Rally in KS in an LGT. The next year we arrived in a 2004 Volvo 780 (465hp and 10sp Auto Shift). In 2017, we transitioned into an Entegra Anthem to suit our lifestyle. We have a home and travel as often as we can, mainly to Yellowstone and other National Parks with our cats and dog, Bailey Mae. 

Here's something to give everyone a smile for the day! Hope everyone is doing well, staying well, and having fun wherever you are!

Upon entering the little country store, the stranger noticed a sign saying DANGER! BEWARE OF DOG! posted on the glass door. Inside he noticed a harmless old hound dog asleep on the floor beside the cash register.

He asked the store manager, "Is THAT the dog folks are supposed to beware of?"

"Yep, that's him," he replied.

The stranger couldn't help but be amused. "That certainly doesn't look like a dangerous dog to me. Why in the world would you post that sign?"

"Because", the owner replied, "before I posted that sign, people kept tripping over him."

Richard & Sharon

We left our home base for the 3-day weekend. It was only 60 miles, each way, but it was nice to see some different things and to walk some different walks. The biggest difference besides the view out our windows is that besides this being our first fun trip in our new home, we boondocked for 2 days! We went to an Army Corps of Engineers campground where there are no hookups. We amazed ourselves that we got along quite well. It was a bit chilly (49 degrees in our living room when we got up this morning ... we didn't know if we would run our batteries down) but, we're learning. We usually turn our heat down to 55 at night so it was cold. We're not sure how long things will last so, next time we're thinking that it'll be a bit warmer, so we'll turn the heat on with the timer set to our normal temp and schedule.

Where we parked was away from everyone else and it was so nice. It was sooooo quiet. The wind blew hard for 8 hours yesterday, so we stayed inside and talked and read and talked some more. Late in the afternoon the died so we were able to take a 2 hour walk, so it was all good. And at night there were a gazillion stars that we don't normally get to see.

The lake was really low but, we got to see some really pretty sunrises. The two pictures were taken before the sun rose, one Sunday morning and one this (Monday) morning.

On Edit:

Picture 1

Picture 2

Edited by Raquel

Trish & Raquel

--------

"Road Runner" -- 2005 Volvo VNL780, 500hp Cummins ISX, Ultra-Shift, ET-Hitch, 198" wb

"Wile E." -- 2013 Heartland Landmark San Antonio

Sounds like a good trip, Raquel. The links do not take me to a photo, but instead to your drop box where we would need your password. Can you upload on Flckr or something similar?

Thanks for the laugh, Sharon!

Hope everyone is doing well!

We are set up at Santee Lakes in California. Very nice grounds and we are in a pull through. We are having a four-day business meeting with our sales team so it made sense to pack up the rig and "family" and travel to San Diego from Dallas. Loving it!

Sounds like a good trip, Raquel. The links do not take me to a photo, but instead to your drop box where we would need your password. Can you upload on Flckr or something similar?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6gh0o5bbzjqxuj3/2013-02-17%2006.44.25.jpg

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9a0zypmmhay70io/2013-02-18%2006.48.03.jpg

Trish & Raquel

--------

"Road Runner" -- 2005 Volvo VNL780, 500hp Cummins ISX, Ultra-Shift, ET-Hitch, 198" wb

"Wile E." -- 2013 Heartland Landmark San Antonio

Very nice, Raquel! Thanks for sharing.

Well, we pack up tomorrow morning and head back to Dallas, Texas. it was fun while it lasted. Next trip will be Yellowstone in May. Can't wait!

Edited by Off2YNP

Well, ladies, we made the 900 mile trip to the great state of Missouri last week, trying to beat the snow storm and got in just in time to get set up and hit the grocery store before the world turned white. We had a good, safe trip - including the FOUR roundabouts just shy of our destination (and guess who was driving the rig - yours truly!).

DH has been to Spacecraft and has brought me back pics of our frame and some of the interior decor pieces. biggrin.gif I'm laying low until they start getting the "pretties" added to the camper. Storage tanks don't excite me they way they do my beloved one. wink.gif

Wondering what we're going to wake up to in the morning - we already have several inches added to the 9 or so that we got last week!

Heidi

2013 Space Craft

Hey ladies - I have to tell you about a new 5 part mini series that Roma Downey (Touched By An Angel) and her husband have produced - The Bible (a fantastic miniseries) - on the History channel. Why the History channel you ask... The reason is that they created the story of the Bible, but no network would touch it (apparently none of the networks wanted to be associated with the Bible). So the History channel agreed to air it - and let me tell you - it is truly AMAZING! So far, it's gripping, interesting, the special effects are fantastic, and it was done as such because Roma's kids were watching the Ten Commandments with Charlton Heston (50 year old movie now) - and they commented about how "lame" it was. So Roma and her husband (forgot his name, but he's a producer of many programs) decided that they could do something much better and still be true to the Bible. WELL worth watching! They made Roma & hubby promise that it wouldn't be lame. They totally succeeded - it's SO not lame!

Episode 1 re-airs on Wed at 8:00 and again on Sunday at 4:00.

Then episode 2 comes on Sunday at 6:00 with reruns possible later as with episode 1.

Pass this info along to everyone you know - they'll thank you for it!

Edited by kingskids

Richard & Sharon

:o Wow, I'll say.

Spent yesterday and today shaving and bathing cats. It is so amazing how skinny they really are when you remove 3 to 4 inches of hair. I look at the pile of hair and then at the cat and I swear, the pile of hair is twice as big as the cat. My neighbors thought I was beating a kid. Max kept yelling OWW, OWW, OWWW. They had a good laugh when they realized it was Max protesting the indignities of a bath. :D My poor aching back. Still have 2 more to go :(.

It has been so windy today. 5er is shaking like it is going to blow away.

Watched the 1st episode of the Bible. Very good. Some artistic license going on there tho.

<p>Greg and AggieLife is what happens when you're making plans to do something else !

2010 Jeep Wrangler toad

2006 Country Coach Inspire 360

Aggie, that's hilarious! Makes me smile just imagining it!

Sharon, enjoyed your laugh too. Look forward to seeing the new series some time.

Raquel, was reading over DH's shoulder the other night and caught your story about meandering through a Walmart Parking lot. I feel your pain - we have a Walmart story that still send shudders up my spine every time I think about it. It involves taking the whole rig by the entrances at the Livingston Walmart. Only in Texas would they have a cattle corral in front of the store! Have you ladies watched the youtube video about our favorite campground?

Well, our 20 inches of snow is almost gone and the kids are looking forward to a promised game of badminton. Imagine my surprise that MO only just put their birdies on the shelves! B)

DH posted a link to some pics of our frame. https://plus.google.com/photos/107277219742751236880/albums/5853887223865391105?authkey=CIzhuLfn_tGMrwE If I haven't said it before, we are thoroughly enjoying working with Marsha. She and her crew are so pleasant to work with and are so competent.

2013 Space Craft

Thought everyone might enjoy this:

My Recent Travels

I have been in many places, but I've never been in Cahoots. Apparently, you can't go alone. You have to be in Cahoots with someone. I've also never been in Cognito. I hear no one recognizes you there. I have, however, been in Sane. They don't have an airport; you have to be driven there. I have made several trips there, thanks to my friends, family and work. I live close so it's a short drive. I would like to go to Conclusions, but you have to jump, and I'm not too much on physical activity anymore. I have also been in Doubt. That is a sad place to go and I try not to visit there too often. I've been in Flexible, but only when it was very important to stand firm. Sometimes I'm in Capable, and I go there more often as I'm getting older.

One of my favorite places to be is in Suspense! It really gets the adrenaline flowing and pumps up the old heart! At my age I need all the stimuli I can get! And, sometimes I think I am in Vincible but life shows me I am not. People keep telling me I'm in Denial but I'm positive I've never been there before! I have been in Deep... many times; the older I get, the easier it is to get there. I actually kind of enjoy it there. So far, I haven't been in Continent, but my travel agent says I'll be going soon.

2005 Volvo 630
2008 Blue Smart

Aggie - I have a very mental picture of the poor kitties - OWWW! Scruffy's personal hygiene hasn't gotten any better, but just walking by running water one day he did backflips to get out of my arms and over my back! He'll have to have his "happy pill" (travel drugs) before I could even think about getting him wet!

Heidi - So glad to see pictures, though I must confess that the framework is not too exciting as the insides will be. I'm thrilled that you guys are having such a great experience with Marsha and crew. Can't wait to see the final product and hear how you guys like the way it feels and such. Look forward to more pictures as time goes by. Time frame for rolling out of there with your new home?

Janet - love it - very clever things folks come up with when they want to. I have to say, don't know about you ladies, but I've been in a lot of those "places"!

Hope everyone is doing well and staying warm (while waiting for badminton?). We have to leave our wonderful lakefront place that we've spent the last 3 months at. Have a family gathering in the DFW area to do before heading to OK to get some repairs on the rig. Had a narrow park driveway that Richard more or less fell in a nice deep ditch in, and damaged the back end somewhat... Then we'll work our way back to CO. Heard the other day that Corpus had 91 degrees. The most we've seen so far is 77 and that was pushing it for this wimp. Spring has totally "sprung" here - all the beautiful pink blossomed redbud trees and such are in full bloom and the trees are all green. So back to the north again soon... More stuff to get rid of and to sell... You all travel safe!

Richard & Sharon