RDBE (for those in the know)

ddshjs

Hey gals!!! Loving the new message baord skin.

Aggie! I bet the kitties look funny but what's hilarious is the screams your neighbors were hearing. LOL

Janeet, that was cute!

Heidi, so your bedroom will above the pin? And there doesn't appear to be a "living room" but I don't think you had one before, really. Is that something you'll miss?

Work is crazy and sometimes I wonder why I put myself through it. But i ahve to beleive in the end this will be one of the biggest accomplishments ever. But I am looking forward to our trip to Yellowstone this spring and then again in the fall. I need to see some bears!!! LOL

Stay safe and warm, everyone!

I am RickW’s amazing wife from Wylie, TX. In 2009, we made our first trek to the HDT Rally in KS in an LGT. The next year we arrived in a 2004 Volvo 780 (465hp and 10sp Auto Shift). In 2017, we transitioned into an Entegra Anthem to suit our lifestyle. We have a home and travel as often as we can, mainly to Yellowstone and other National Parks with our cats and dog, Bailey Mae. 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heidi - loving the daily adds on the build photos - can't imagine how excited you must be by now.

Alicia - I'm not loving the new message board skin -- it shrunk my avatar so badly that I tried to change it - and now I can't add a picture at all! Keep geeing error messages... I don't know what's wrong - it won't take one from my hard drive OR from photobucket - both fail. GRRR! Raquel - looks like you're one of the few who still has the original size avatar - how'd you do that!?

Richard & Sharon

For Sale - 2005 Freightliner Century RV Hauler

Truck-for-sale-smaller.jpg

Alicia - I'm not loving the new message board skin -- it shrunk my avatar so badly that I tried to change it - and now I can't add a picture at all! Keep geeing error messages... I don't know what's wrong - it won't take one from my hard drive OR from photobucket - both fail. GRRR! Raquel - looks like you're one of the few who still has the original size avatar - how'd you do that!?

I have no idea. It was "just that way". I didn't touch a thing.

Trish & Raquel

--------

"Road Runner" -- 2005 Volvo VNL780, 500hp Cummins ISX, Ultra-Shift, ET-Hitch, 198" wb

"Wile E." -- 2013 Heartland Landmark San Antonio

Heidi, so your bedroom will above the pin? And there doesn't appear to be a "living room" but I don't think you had one before, really. Is that something you'll miss?

Alicia, yes, our master bedroom is in the very front of the camper. As to the LR, I guess it's all in your perspective.... Right now we use our dinette as our couch and have that love seat across from it. We also have 2 little people in loft beds in that same room, so we look forward to having a dedicated LR/kitchen in the new camper. We might even be able to have guests stay after 8PM for visiting! :rolleyes:

I do hope you guys get to see some bears. That's the one thing we wanted to see and didn't.

2007 2L Freightliner Century Condo, 14.0L Detroit, QD 6000
2013 Space Craft

Ok ladies - here is the solution to the avatar problem - and in hindsight - such a SIMPLE fix... Simply change the extension of the picture you wish to use to JPEG (rather than the common jpg that computers assign to your pics when importing), and VOILA' - it works as it's supposed to do. My avatar is my "lover boy" Harley - who thinks mama belongs to him, he merely tolerates Richard as a competitor for my love!

Richard & Sharon

Here's your morning funny: www.flixxy.com/the-paperless-future-emma.htm#.UUmwsMWUHKc

It's only a minute and half long, but well worth it! The battle between the digital husband and the paper loving wife will have you snorting at the end!

Edited by kingskids

Richard & Sharon

• 2 weeks later...

Happy Easter Everyone!! We are in Oak Hill (homebase) for the weekend and had a wonderful Saturday afternoon visit/lunch with Trey and Susan! We are looking forward to heading to the 2013 East Coast Rally this Thursday. Hope to leave by 1pm and spend the night in Jasper, FL and visit with George and Diane Crowell (who we bought our Rig from). Expect to arrive Crossville, TN mid afternoon Friday! Looking forward to a FUN week with old friends, meeting new friends and hearing the wealth of knowledge that always comes out at these Rally's. Wherever you may be or may be on the road to - have safe travels.

Janet Church Lifetime Member #96033 RDBE #58
2005 Volvo 630
2008 Blue Smart
2006 Ruby Red Smart (1st Gen)
2009 DRV 36' Mobile Suites
NO PMs PLEASE. I might not see them for a long time! Contact me at: jags1fan@gmail.com

better half: G8r.Ray Raymond Church

My blog: ForksInTheRVRoad.com

Janet - enjoy the rally for us. Sorry we can't make it this time, but know you'll have a ball like last time - the bingo is worth the trip alone! What a hoot!

I emailed some of you privately to pray for our home to sell, but for those who I didn't email separately, here's the story... We've had our home on the market for 6 years come June. We've had NO showings since we left CO in October, but after seeing a craigslist ad I ran, a man in MO hopped a flight, drove 2.5 hours from the airport to the house, didn't bring his wife, but brought a young (20 something) co-worker. They loved the 360 degree views of the 14,000 ft mountains and were taking pictures from almost every room of the house because the deer were all around the house. Other than the enthusiasm with the views and the deer, the realtor couldn't get a read on them at all. Are they serious or not? She couldn't tell... They did ask a lot about short term rentals, so that coupled with the fact that his wife didn't come, but a co-worker did - indicates to me that they may be looking at it as a corporate retreat or something along those lines. Please pray with us that this will finally be the one who takes the house and frees us from house payments for life!! They looked at the house yesterday, and of course, I've heard nothing yet today. I so hope that we can finally be done with the house! Thanks in advance for everyone's prayers!

Heidi - the build is coming along so nicely on your rig. Are the girls about crazy with excitement at having their own space like they will soon? It's looking good... Can't wait to see it finished.

Richard & Sharon

Happy Easter Everyone!! We are in Oak Hill (homebase) for the weekend and had a wonderful Saturday afternoon visit/lunch with Trey and Susan!

We absolutely enjoyed our afternoon with you and Raymond also! It was a blessing!

Sharon, Keep us posted on the progress - I know you would both love to be rid of that property (at a fair price of course!)

Heidi, I am enjoying the progress of your build.It is looking more and more like a home rather than just a bunch of steel!

We are in Cocoa, FL for a few more weeks doing a little work and a little sight-seeing at the same time. After years of wanting to see a Spring Training game (Astros) we finally made it to one! Next on our list to see are Ball games in Miami and Tampa - we've been to all MLB parks except these two in FL and two in Southern CA. I am also determined to see Manatee in the wild before we leave here. I am told that shouldn't be difficult.

I am guessing folks are coming out of winter hibernation and will begin northern treks soon. I'd love to hear where folks are traveling.

Susan & Trey Selman | email | HDT: '01 770 VED12 | 5er: '02 40' Travel Supreme RLTSOA | '16 Piaggio MP3 500 | '15 Smart Cabrio | Personal Blog | HHRV Resource Guide | HHRV Campgrounds | Recreation Vehicle Safety & Education Foundation |

Susan, be prepared to be sad when you swim with the manatee. They've been carved on by stupid and cruel humans as well as getting cut up with propellers. They are a peaceful, huge, and amazingly "ugly beautiful" creature. I loved my swim with them, but it saddened me that anyone could be so cruel to some of the most peaceful creations. You'll see morons initials carved in them along with other injuries. But you will love and cherish your brief time with them, and it will stay with you for a long time.

But now that I went and made everyone sad - let me make it better with a laugh:

Sherlock Holmes and Dr. Watson were going camping. They pitched their tent under the stars and went to sleep.

In the middle of the night, Holmes woke Watson and said, "Watson, look up and tell me what you see."

Watson replied, "I see millions and millions of stars."

Holmes continued, "And what do you deduce from that?"

Watson replied, "Well, if there are millions of stars, and if even a few of those have planets, it's quite likely there are some planets like Earth out there. And if there are a few planets like Earth out there, there might also be life. Is that what you deduced?"

Holmes replied, "No, Watson. Somebody stole our tent."

Edited by kingskids

Richard & Sharon

Well, update on the house looker. He found something he liked in Breckenridge (about 1.5 hours away from our place). So here we go again - more waiting for the right one to come along... June will make SIX years on the market - talk about frustrating!! I'm SO bummed, I'd cry if I thought it would do anything other than give me a headache.

More later. Thanks for the prayers - please keep praying for it to happen?
Sharon

Richard & Sharon

Well, ladies, you guys have been busy!

Danielle, your bed build is coming along nicely! And Dale, liking the new look on your HDT!

Yes, Sharon, our frame is morphing into a house slowly but surely. Over 2 feet of snow since we got here has put a damper on the build at times, so we will not be making the ECR either. For those who get to go, have fun for us... Wish we could be there.

Davena, like the new hitch, thanks to your hubby. The old hitch cover doesn't fit, so will get to put into practice all of those techniques I learned when sewing the first one!

Sharon, sorry that your guy wasn't the right buyer. Will pray that the right one does come soon.

Susan, DH says that Crystal River, FL is a great place to swim with the manatees. He had a wonderful experience diving there (BDW - before his dear wife came along). You and Davena enjoy some of that sunshine for us.

2007 2L Freightliner Century Condo, 14.0L Detroit, QD 6000
2013 Space Craft

Hello ladies. Sounds like a lot of us are getting either new trucks, new RVs, or new paint jobs. Oh, what fun!

We will be attending the ECR in Crossville, Tennessee this year. Tried to attend last year, but didn't have the 1st built truck ready in time. So, we have been looking forward to this rally for well over a year. In fact, we are on our way as we speak. Spending tonight at the Alabama Welcome Center on I-20. Had smoked ribs with Jack and Danielle and Rocky and his bride last evening outside of Tyler, Texas. So...........good.............yep, Bob is wanting to get a smoker "just like Jack has". Left the campground and we are on our way to Crossville. Believe we have another six or so hours of driving tomorrow to reach Crossville.

It will be good to see everyone....

Sue Guthrie

Sue - So great to hear you are heading to the ECR.

I'm getting the RV loaded today and we plan (hope) to pull out of Oak Hill tomorrow by 1pm at the latest. We planned an overnight near Jasper/White Springs, FL so we can visit George/Diane Crowell. (We bought their Rig 14 March 12) so it will be great to spend an evening with them. We hope to be in Crossville, Friday mid afternoon!

So exciting to see all the changes everyone is making.

Looking forward to being at our 2nd ECR. Safe travels everyone - wherever you may be going!

Janet Church Lifetime Member #96033 RDBE #58
2005 Volvo 630
2008 Blue Smart
2006 Ruby Red Smart (1st Gen)
2009 DRV 36' Mobile Suites
NO PMs PLEASE. I might not see them for a long time! Contact me at: jags1fan@gmail.com

better half: G8r.Ray Raymond Church

My blog: ForksInTheRVRoad.com

Wed. April 3 arrived at Deer Run RV Resort, Crossville around 2:30 p.m. We were greeted by Steve and Gail and the couple that is going to do the weighing here at the rally. All of us went out to the restaurant here in town, Cat Fish Cabin for dinner.

The Park has put in cable and upgraded their internet connection. As you can see from my post....it is lightening fast. (ha ha).

They are also putting in load after load of gravel, upgrading sites, and the main road back to the campground looks GREAT. Truck after truck loaded with gravel has been coming in and it is really nice.

It rained all day today, Thursday, but suppose to get up to 76 degrees tomorrow.

Two more couples pulled in today. Total 5 heavy duty trucks

3 Smart Cars

4 Dogs and 1 Cat

For those coming to the rally, if you bring the sunshine, it would sure be appreciated.

Sue

For the record, I am not going to swim with the manatee, just watch them (at least I hope to watch them!)

Sounds like the ECR is beginning to fill up. You ladies have fun and keep reporting!

Edited by TreyandSusan

Susan & Trey Selman | email | HDT: '01 770 VED12 | 5er: '02 40' Travel Supreme RLTSOA | '16 Piaggio MP3 500 | '15 Smart Cabrio | Personal Blog | HHRV Resource Guide | HHRV Campgrounds | Recreation Vehicle Safety & Education Foundation |

Sue, glad to have a current head count. Looks like Dan & Darlene aren't there yet - or there would be 2 more cats! Say hi to everyone for us - wish we could be there!

Susan - watching will be nice, but swimming WITH them is something you'll "feel" for a long time! I'm just sayin....

Richard & Sharon

Hello Ladies: The rally is in full swing. We have full days of "truck bed building", Tires and Weight and Safety, Amateur Radio and Its Uses On the Road Including Internet Usage, and my favorite "RDBE - Rigs Driven By Estrogen".

It is 67 degrees right now, with a high of 72 and a low of 55. Wind and clouds, but not to fear, the seminars are going on and GREAT attendance and a lot of WONDERFUL ideas. Bring everyone's knowledge together, and there is a wealth of information.

Last evening we had a "Potluck". Oh my gosh you ladies can really put on a feast.

This evening we are planning on going to Stonehaus Winery for wine tasting and a tour.

We could not make last years ECR so we have been looking forward to this rally for well over a year. Kept hearing what a wonderful time everyone had last year at this rally................I'd say.............this rally is shaping up to be another successful rally.

Sue

Sounds like you're all having a great time, wish we could be there. The weather sounds wonderful. we stopped by Williams to see the Grand Canyon , had to stay an extra day due to high winds and now there is snow on the ground, oh well. Have fun and post some pics.

Aggie

<p>Greg and AggieLife is what happens when you're making plans to do something else !

2010 Jeep Wrangler toad

2006 Country Coach Inspire 360

Love seeing where everyone is going and doing.

Sharon: that stinks! Will continue to rpay for a buyer to come along soon!

We head out for three weeks on May 19th. Can't wait! Got a hard top for the jeep and new seats. The loud muffler will be replaced so we aren't the loudest people pulling onto a wildlife scene. I've always hated that, so I'm gald that will be corrected.

THe only thing we really need to do on the truck is fix a closet door inside. Anyone know how to unstick a door? The latch is not operable. Other than this minor issue we are good to go!

We'll be goig to Yellowstone, stop in Yosemite, work some in San Diego and then one night in Vegas. Should be tons of fun!

I am RickW’s amazing wife from Wylie, TX. In 2009, we made our first trek to the HDT Rally in KS in an LGT. The next year we arrived in a 2004 Volvo 780 (465hp and 10sp Auto Shift). In 2017, we transitioned into an Entegra Anthem to suit our lifestyle. We have a home and travel as often as we can, mainly to Yellowstone and other National Parks with our cats and dog, Bailey Mae. 

Hello ladies I finally decided to get on the forum. We had a wonderful time at the 2013 HDT ECR Rally. It was great to see old friends and make many new ones. Thanks to Janet (jags1fan) for conducting the RDBE meeting and the Crafts Seminar along with renovating or refurbishing your campers. Thanks to Gail for bringing the SUV and transporting us for various activities around Crossville. (Especially ladies shopping day) Deer Run RV Resort, (Kim and Rolando) made even more improvements since last year and more planned for next year. They plan to construct a new pavilion in our loop where we had the easy ups this year. Thanks to all for the card and the wonderful bag of goodies. If you have any suggestions for next year please let us know. We are already in the planning stages. :-). Safe travels.

Donna

2006 Volvo VNL 780 "Hoss", Volvo D12 465hp 1650 ft/lbs Ultrashift

Bed by JW Morgan Custom Welding

Tandem

2005 Mobile Suites 36TK3

2013 Smart Passion Coupe "Itty Bitty"

Hey Donna - so great to have you join our group!! So sorry we couldn't make it to the rally this time, I know we missed a lot of fun. Hopefully next year... You going to be doing some traveling now - or is it straight home again for you guys?

Alicia - yep, stinks on the house looker! June will be SIX years on the market, and the house looks brand new, has every bell & whistle you can imagine, and is priced less than new construction price on 4.4 acres in the middle of 14,000+ mountains (with a mountain view out every window). Thus the realtors call it the "no brainer house" because it's such a great deal that it's a no brainer for someone to invest in or live in. But it will happen. Someday...

Travel safe ladies. We'll be headed back to CO soon to finish up the storage unit. I hope to have everything sold and gone by August so we can go fishing in SD for a while before heading to National rally in October. It would be easier to sell things if we weren't so far from big cities, so it's back to ebay for a lot of things... Already donated most of the things that the local crowd can use, these are more "niche" type things that need a larger "audience" than our small town can provide... House prayers would be appreciated!

Richard & Sharon

Sharon,

We came straight home. Carl is still working but we hope to retire in the next year or so. We are hoping for April 2014! We are planning to travel as much as possible this year but save the longer trips for after retirement.

We really missed you at the rally. It was a wonderful week.

Will pray that you are able to sell your home in CO.

Safe Travels,

Donna

2006 Volvo VNL 780 "Hoss", Volvo D12 465hp 1650 ft/lbs Ultrashift

Bed by JW Morgan Custom Welding

Tandem

2005 Mobile Suites 36TK3

2013 Smart Passion Coupe "Itty Bitty"