RDBE (for those in the know)

ddshjs

Happy New Year everyone

Susan, you are right about being around family and friends during the holidays....this has been the Best Holiday Season ever. We are just 150 miles from my home town of Evansville, Indiana and was able to spend the holidays with my sister, brother and their family. We laughed and cackled until our sides hurt....it was a GREAT TIME....just what the doctor ordered.

Susan looks like you are about to become one year wiser on Jan. 15. Hope you do something special on your Birthday...Happy Birthday!

Talk about birthdays, I see where Alana Jennings is going to celebrate her birthday on Jan. 16.....never meet another Alana in my life, me being Alana Sue, and then I meet Alana Jennings....and the funny part is, her birthday is on Jan. 16, mine is November 16... Alot of people with the name Sue, but never Alana. NEAT! Happy Birthday Alana.

Sharon, glad Richard is doing better. Please let him know we are thinking about him and wish him a speedy recovery...after all....you guys have fish to catch. I predict..sunshine is in your near future. :)

Raquel and Trish, congratulations on your beautiful new ride. Another prediction....I'm sure you will have many many good times in your future..safe travels....East Coast Rally is in a new months

Off2YNP - Off 2 Yellowstone National Park...think we should tell Sharon and Richard to make sure they have their camera fully charged before they go to YNP? Breathtaking!

Susan: This rebuild is coming along nicely. Actually nicely is an understatement. Susan, your recommendation was RIGHT ON. Lights are being installed as we speak...one might say "we are seeing light at the end of the tunnel". Yeah!

Thanks everyone for your support on this re-do. We have reserved our spot at the East Coast rally...can't wait to see everyone. Safe Travels......&.....Happy New Year.

Alana Sue

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Off2YNP - Off 2 Yellowstone National Park...think we should tell Sharon and Richard to make sure they have their camera fully charged before they go to YNP? Breathtaking!

Absolutely! A camera is a must and it honestly doesn't matter what kind. If your memory is like mine you are going to want the camera to remind you of the most wonderful creatures and sights you will ever see on this planet!

Alana Sue, please refresh my memory: you got married last year and had the new truck with a few problems? If that is correct, Rick was telling em that your rig is almost complete. That must be exciting for you!

And FYI: I received a text from Suzan Craven: Boomer's mom. She said they finally moved into their new home (bricks and sticks) and spent their first night in it on New Year's Eve!! Susan said it was a balmy 4 degrees!! brrrrrr

Edited by Off2YNP

I am RickW’s amazing wife from Wylie, TX. In 2009, we made our first trek to the HDT Rally in KS in an LGT. The next year we arrived in a 2004 Volvo 780 (465hp and 10sp Auto Shift). In 2017, we transitioned into an Entegra Anthem to suit our lifestyle. We have a home and travel as often as we can, mainly to Yellowstone and other National Parks with our cats and dog, Bailey Mae. 

And FYI: I received a text from Sue Craven: Boomer's mom. She said they finally moved into their new home (bricks and sticks) and spent their first night in it on New Year's Eve!! Susan said it was a balmy 4 degrees!! brrrrrr

Actually, my memory is probably much worse than yours - so yes, a camera is a must! I have to say that I miss my "old backyard" in CO though - we had deer, elk, pronghorn, jackrabbits (big un's), little bunnies, coyotes, hawks, and the occasional owl and fox IN our yard. No rv site anywhere we've been yet has been able to offer such the "critter paradise"! Looking forward to Yellowstone this summer!

BTW, did Suzan say if they sold their home yet? Hopefully she will come back and visit with us again soon...

Richard & Sharon

For Sale - 2005 Freightliner Century RV Hauler

Truck-for-sale-smaller.jpg

Off2YNP: Marriage - YES --we got married one week before the Hutchinson Rally, 2011....In fact....we were introduced at the Hutch Rally as "The Newly Weds".

Again, YES, it was us who had the ... new to us... HDT and the smart car loader with issues - but the good news - each issue is being addressed...one by one...and soon we will be "On the Road Again". We started this whole HDT process 15 months ago........a long ordeal!

But, we are getting everything fixed..........and looking GOOD.

Alana Sue

That's good to hear, Sue!

Aggie, 36 years of marriage? Heck, were you ten year sold when you married??? :) Congrats and hope you are feeling better.

Susan, that is a good idea for Jack to add. You are in Austin? Hope you are enjoying yourselves down there. That's a neat city to be and I'd like to explore it some day.

I am RickW’s amazing wife from Wylie, TX. In 2009, we made our first trek to the HDT Rally in KS in an LGT. The next year we arrived in a 2004 Volvo 780 (465hp and 10sp Auto Shift). In 2017, we transitioned into an Entegra Anthem to suit our lifestyle. We have a home and travel as often as we can, mainly to Yellowstone and other National Parks with our cats and dog, Bailey Mae. 

Thought I'd start a roll call every month. It would be neat to know where everyone is right now, even sticks and bricks because you're not always going to be home, right?

Here we go....

Roll Call:

Alicia/Off2YNP: Wylie TX (stix/brix) - will take the house on wheels to San Diego in Feb!

Thought I'd start a roll call every month. It would be neat to know where everyone is right now, even sticks and bricks because you're not always going to be home, right?

Here we go....

Roll Call:

Alicia/Off2YNP: Wylie TX (stix/brix) - will take the house on wheels to San Diego in Feb!

Trish and Raquel: Paradise, California (5er) for the foreseeable future.

Trish & Raquel

--------

"Road Runner" -- 2005 Volvo VNL780, 500hp Cummins ISX, Ultra-Shift, ET-Hitch, 198" wb

"Wile E." -- 2013 Heartland Landmark San Antonio

Off2ynp- a zoom lens is something you will never regret when you go to Yellowstone NP. The bigger the better. Some of the pictures & wildlife you will have an opportunity to take will be quite a distance away. I have never regretted my zoom lens

<p>Greg and AggieLife is what happens when you're making plans to do something else !

2010 Jeep Wrangler toad

2006 Country Coach Inspire 360

Trey and Susan: Buda, TX (just south of Austin) We are both working here until the second or third week of March. We are parked right next door to Cabela's so if you head this way, stop by and say hello!

Janet, how is the cookbook coming? I never sent in any recipes Is there still time? Don't wait for me, cause my schedule is not my own right now, but will try to get something together by next weekend if it is not too late. Sorry for the procrastination - it just seems like we've been living in the fast lane ever since we left Hutchinson. Oh, how I long for the end of March!

To those of you still traveling, be safe in the road!

Susan & Trey Selman | email | HDT: '01 770 VED12 | 5er: '02 40' Travel Supreme RLTSOA | '16 Piaggio MP3 500 | '15 Smart Cabrio | Personal Blog | HHRV Resource Guide | HHRV Campgrounds | Recreation Vehicle Safety & Education Foundation |

Susan, Plenty of time with sending recipes for the RDBE Cookbook. I have about 35 Recipes at this point and will put them together the 'full cookbook' at around 100. Figure it will be another year, easy!!! LOL

Janet Church Lifetime Member #96033 RDBE #58
2005 Volvo 630
2008 Blue Smart
2006 Ruby Red Smart (1st Gen)
2009 DRV 36' Mobile Suites
NO PMs PLEASE. I might not see them for a long time! Contact me at: jags1fan@gmail.com

better half: G8r.Ray Raymond Church

My blog: ForksInTheRVRoad.com

Nice Idea, Alicia

Janet and Raymond -- working on clearing, painting, staging sticks and bricks in Jacksonville, FL to list by Spring and spending some time in Oak Hill, FL at 'home base' Citrus Acres!

Looking forward to Tampa RV SuperShow 16-20 January and then ECR Crossville TN 6-13 April '13. Other than that we'll be between Jax and Oak Hill the rest of the year. Can't wait til Feb 2014. :lol:

2005 Volvo 630
2008 Blue Smart
NO PMs PLEASE. I might not see them for a long time! Contact me at: jags1fan@gmail.com

Off2ynp- a zoom lens is something you will never regret when you go to Yellowstone NP. The bigger the better. Some of the pictures & wildlife you will have an opportunity to take will be quite a distance away. I have never regretted my zoom lens

Oh, trust me. We have been building our telephoto lens arsenal since my first trip in 2006. I broke my 50-500 Sigma lens last spring "chasing" a great gray owl. Will need to replace it. Rick has a nice 200-400 lens with 1.7 TC. We both now have the Nikon D4s, an upgrade from the D300.

If interested, take a look at some of our photos from past trips (taken with Nikon D300). I didn't get last year's trip up... sigh....

http://www.wyliephotos.com/_pics/2011vacation2/

http://www.wyliephotos.com/_pics/2011vacation/

Janet, good luck on the sale! Hope it goes well.

Thanks, Alicia. I viewed your pictures and blog - WOW is all I can say. Beautiful shots! Can't wait to see this year. :rolleyes:

2005 Volvo 630
2008 Blue Smart

Alicia - WOW is an understatement for your pictures! What a trip!! Now I REALLY am anxious to go. I first tried the pictures in firefox - but nothing happened. Being the stubborn person that I am, I knew I should be able to view each album, so I switched over to internet explorer and that worked. I love the story of the baby elk - what a precious little darlin' - and truly a once in a lifetime opportunity!

Janet - if the RDBE gals don't get their act together and send you some recipes, you're going to be old and grey before you get that cookbook done (and I'm guilty too - we generally don't use recipes - just guess and dump - so recipes are kind of hard to get in our home...)!

Susan - I can certainly understand about living on the treadmill so to speak - my entire summer was like that - trying to sell all our belongings. I worked 15 hours a day 7 days a week and from the last day of May until the 22nd of September, I only took 2 days off! So forgive me if I don't share your "hurry up and get to the end of March"! That just means that it's closer to time to get back to CO and finish what we didn't get done last summer - ugh, I dread it already. We're needing some "down time" after literally years of being on the treadmill, so maybe we can rest enough to endure another hard summer. Hard because we are in a small town that's too remote to make selling easy. We've donated a lot, but a lot of what's left is "niche" stuff - hobby things that no one in the area needs, but things that will net a decent income for the summer if/when they sell. Hope you and Trey can endure till April without any grey hair for you or stress wrinkles!

We finally got on the lake today for the first time since we got here!! YAY! I got a nice white bass (1.75 lbs) and Richard got a nice catfish (2.5 lbs) - both of which are in the skillet as I type (Richard is THE best fish cooker in the world!) - I made the red beans and rice. Gotta go, the timer just went off and my mouth is watering...!

Stay safe ladies!

Richard & Sharon

Alicia, The pictures were awsome. WOW. I loved the story about the baby elk. So Cute! We have a 300 mm lens and trust me on this, it wasn't big enough. I so want the 1000 to 1500 mm Lens.......I just can't afford it :( Oh well, I can dream.

Sue, How is the rebuild comming? I have seen some of the pictures of the Dram box. I love how he used roll up doors. I have always wondered how you could get into the box without taking the car off the back. Such a simple solution :)

Janet, I thought by now you would have your 100 recipes! I felt bad about sending you so many. Now I am wondering if I can dig up some more for you.:unsure: Girls, get it in gear, come on. LOL

I give up trying to spell. I have made so many mistakes since I started this post and corrected most of them but I refuse to feel stupid. I am having a blond moment.... Live with it :D

<p>Greg and AggieLife is what happens when you're making plans to do something else !

2010 Jeep Wrangler toad

I give up trying to spell. I have made so many mistakes since I started this post and corrected most of them but I refuse to feel stupid. I am having a blond moment.... Live with it :D

Aggie - you know that there's a handy little red squiggly line under words that are misspelled - right!? All you have to do is right click the red squiggly line and you get suggestions on how to spell it right :P Thought I'd help! :rolleyes:

Been meaning to ask you Aggie - how are you liking our nice dry desert air out there? I miss it... I know TX needs the rain, but it seems like cloudy days and rain are about all we've had - except for about 6 or 7 days out of the 3 weeks we've been here... I'm used to the winter being sunny all the time at home (of course there is that minor inconvenience of snow there too...). Oh well - hope you're enjoying the dry air!

Edited by kingskids

Richard & Sharon

Sharon, I know. Problem is when you type something, go back and read what you typed and the whole page is full of red squiggly lines. ohmy.gifI love the desert. But I am surprised how 70 degrees can feel cold in the desert! It's that lack of moisture thing. It's been averaging 28 to 30 at nights and warming up to 58 to 63 in the day. Still requires a jacket but everything I start to complain, I think about Michigan and smilebiggrin.gif

2010 Jeep Wrangler toad

Thanks for the compliments, ladies!!

Aggie: would love to have a lens with that reach!!

Sharon: sounds like you had a yummy meal with those fish! There are plenty of places to fish out in Yellowstone, just can't do it off Fishing Bridge and you would want to watch out for the buffalo herds! lol

Janet: looking froward to seeing you, too, and hope to have a recipe for you WELL before then!

Okay, ladies. I am still alive! Lots of traveling and lots of visiting in the last few months!

My absence is due to the DH and I being up to our ears in cabinet drawings - and we are almost done with them.

Sharon - just read tonight about Richard's fall. Is he completely better now? I pray so....

REALLY like the new ride. It looks like it is very nice and super functional. Well done.

Alicia, enjoyed the pics. Reminded us of our recent travels and brought a smile to my face. Thanks for sharing.

Raquel, we have had a Heartland Cyclone for the past 3 years and have really loved it. They put their money in all the right places. Know you'll enjoy your Landmark.

Merry Christmas, Happy New Year, and Happy Valentine's Day (just in case!). rolleyes.gif

2007 2L Freightliner Century Condo, 14.0L Detroit, QD 6000
2013 Space Craft