RDBE (for those in the know)

ddshjs

Working on it - ugly cloudy day today, so nothing would turn out nice anyway. The guys that built it took pictures of it, so I asked them to send them to me. I'll post them when I get them - you'll love it Aggie!!

Have a great day ladies!

Sharon

Richard & Sharon

For Sale - 2005 Freightliner Century RV Hauler

Truck-for-sale-smaller.jpg

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, not to brag, but I saw the kitty condo yesterday and I have to say I've not seen anything like it! It was awesome! I'm pretty sure whatever pictures Sharon gets of it will not do it justice! Aggie, you will love it! Your cats would love it more!

Sharon and Richard, I hope your travels are safe and the fishing is bountiful! We really enjoyed getting to visit with you both! Please let us know next time you are nearby.

We also got to see Rocky and Sheri two weeks ago before they headed south.

Raquel and Trish, the pictures are great! All moved in yet?

Oh no. Trey just told me about the events in CT. I am praying for all those hurt by this man's selfishness.

Some days I would just rather live in a hole.

Susan & Trey Selman | email | HDT: '01 770 VED12 | 5er: '02 40' Travel Supreme RLTSOA | '16 Piaggio MP3 500 | '15 Smart Cabrio | Personal Blog | HHRV Resource Guide | HHRV Campgrounds | Recreation Vehicle Safety & Education Foundation |

Oh Susan - you're truly TOO sweet! And we will certainly holler at you anytime we're in the area, but we'll stay in touch so you can get those fishing lessons!

The CT thing is so sad - I'll never understand why if someone wants to kill themselves, why don't they just go off themselves and leave innocent people (especially little kids) alone. Why take others out of this life just because you're unhappy and miserable. Now they're talking about taking away our 2nd amendment rights - happens every time one of these stupid and horrible events happen. Morons... Susan - when you find that nice hole to live in, email me will you - we'd like to move in next door!

Speaking of Rocky and Sheri - we haven't heard from Sheri in a long time. Nor Sue, nor Heidi, and it's been eons since Suzan (Boomer's mom) checked in with us. I'd love to hear if they've sold their home yet. We're still waiting for someone to snap it up. There were only 3 homes in our entire huge subdivision sold in all of 2012. I'm so tired of waiting for someone to realize how under market value it is (the realtor and her office call it the "no brainer house" because of all the amenities it has, the type of construction, and the huge undermarket value - it's a no brainer that it's a heckuva deal!). Oh well...

Raquel & Trish - when are you officially out of the S&B and into the rv for full timing? Are you getting really itchy for it!?

Richard & Sharon

Managed to steal a few minutes on my DH computer! I really miss mine, this monster touch screen is just too big! Anyway my new hard drive is at my sons house and my Toshiba restore drive is here! So the plan is over Christmas my son may give it some CPR and a new life! At last! Really trying to convince the DH to get his act together and get those ETs built so he can travel to FL with me. He wouldn't get much done if I took all his tools and traveled and he didn't :) I received a big box today in the mail, from Home depot! I was ready to emit a few ##$%%## words thinking it was another Home Depot purchase by my DH who must own shares of HD by now, but before I opened my mouth he said oh it's for you! Good to hold your tongue that extra second!!!! Anyway, low and behold it was a package from Fannie and Don France, our regular summer visitors and dear HDT friends. As you may know, Fannie crochets beautifully and usually gives her creations away as gifts. I opened the box and she had made 3 absolutely gorgeous blankets, for my 3 grand daughters with their first and middle names on them. one pink, one lilac, and one turquoise I had forgotten she asked me for their names when they were here and tears came to my eyes when I opened the box saw them. What a wonderful Christmas surprise. I know she must have been working constantly on them all during their trip from here to FL, where they visited Kechup :), and on to their new home in Mesa, AZ. Before I wrap them, I will take a photo to post so you can all enjoy her work. I can't thank her enough for making our Christmas special and wish them a safe trip to San Jose for the holidays!

DSC_0397.JPG

DSC_0394.JPG

DSC_0395.JPG

DSC_0396.JPG

I wish all of you RDBE gals and your families a wonderful, joyous Christmas and a safe and happy New Year! Maybe we'll meet in FL :) Hugs, Davena

Edited by hjsdds

That was a beautiful and very generous gift that Fannie made for your grandkids! She does lovely work!

I would also like to say Merry Mas - it's nothing without Christ. May each of you have a blessed and beautiful Christmas!

Richard & Sharon

Hey gals!

I finally have a moment if down time since even before the rally and wanted to stop in to say hello! Rick and I still talk about the fun we had at this years rally in October. Really enjoyed seeing everyone and have 2013's fall rally already in the calendar.

We put the trailer away the week we came back from the rally and it won't come out agin until May most likely. I did drive the truck with trailer that day and I did very well. Much different than just driving the truck alone. Will do more of that next spring.

Wishing you all a very Mary Christmas and a joyful New Year!

Alicia

I am RickW’s amazing wife from Wylie, TX. In 2009, we made our first trek to the HDT Rally in KS in an LGT. The next year we arrived in a 2004 Volvo 780 (465hp and 10sp Auto Shift). In 2017, we transitioned into an Entegra Anthem to suit our lifestyle. We have a home and travel as often as we can, mainly to Yellowstone and other National Parks with our cats and dog, Bailey Mae. 

WOW! Alicia IS still alive and among us! Great to hear from you - and I wish you a beautiful and blessed Christmas as well. Sorry to say that we won't be able to visit with you and Rick then since we won't be able to go to the ECR this coming year - we'll be "doing the west" this year. Live in CO and still haven't explored that side of the US much at all, and really none since we got the rig... Lots to see and do - including your beloved Yellowstone. You'll have to tell me the nicest time of year to go there (not looking for the hottest mind you - I'm a wimp!). I won't be around a whole lot as we're having "internet issues" here in "podunk, TX"... Be around to chat when I can. Meantime...

Everyone - have a fantastic and meaningful Holy Day! Let's show the "politically correct folks" - keep Christ in Christmas!

Edited by kingskids

Richard & Sharon

Merry Christmas to all~ Spent the day yesterday cooking and preparing to travel 100 miles to the NH seacoast to spend the holiday with our kids and grandkids. The weather is always foremost in our planning, so we will need to head back before the next storm arrives late tomorrow! Just think, in 3 weeks, that won't be a concern! It is nice when all our HDT friends check in over the holidays, then we can plan our winter visits ! Rick and Claire are in Naples, Dave and Abby Alley are in Punta Gorda, Rod D is near Clermont I believe and several others! Should be a fun winter! I had a PM inquiring about the RDBE calendars. That might be something to plan ahead for in 2013 if there is enough interest:) Be safe, stay well and Cheers to all! Hugs, dds

Hi everyone.

I see everyone survived another dooms day :D

Just wanted to wish you all a wonderful and blessed Christmas and a Joyful and Happy New Years. Hope everyone is where they need and want to be for Christmas.

Sharon, we were in Yellowstone the 1st week of July and they still had snow in the ditches and gullies. It was beautiful, the buffelo, moose and elk had just dropped their calfs, lots of wild life to see. I wouldn't go any earlier than that.

Devana, That was a beautiful and very generous gift that Fannie made for your grandkids. Beautiful work. She must like your grand kids a lot :D .

Alicia, it was good to hear from you. Glad you are ok, we were beginning to wonder if you were mad at us or what.B)

Merry "Christ"mas. May God bless us all.

Greg and Aggie

<p>Greg and AggieLife is what happens when you're making plans to do something else !

2010 Jeep Wrangler toad

2006 Country Coach Inspire 360

Hey, Aggie! I will try to be more active. It will help if I add this forum as a quick link on my browser.

Work has been nuts - the boss is insane, keeping me up at all hours of the night, skipping lunches, and then making me do the dishes... oh wait, I'm the boss! I hardly had time to get out the Christmas cards and do some gift shopping, but I got it done in time. Had a wonderful time with my folks in Arkansas and then came home Christmas eve, the day before the snow hit Dallas.

Sharon, you will see many wonderful things at anytime of the year. I love going in early to mid-June for the flowers while May has less people, however, it can snow on you. We have been snowed on twice in early June, 3 inches the first time and about 1.5 inches the second (this year in fact). The weather is a little more predictable at the end of June, but I would avoid July 4th at all costs; just way too crowded. And if wildlife is what you are looking for, check out Lamar and Hayden valley. Go see Old Faithful at least once in your life, but then leave that side of the park to the tourist. :)

Wishing everyone a very happy, healthy and peaceful new year!!

I am RickW’s amazing wife from Wylie, TX. In 2009, we made our first trek to the HDT Rally in KS in an LGT. The next year we arrived in a 2004 Volvo 780 (465hp and 10sp Auto Shift). In 2017, we transitioned into an Entegra Anthem to suit our lifestyle. We have a home and travel as often as we can, mainly to Yellowstone and other National Parks with our cats and dog, Bailey Mae. 

Raquel, nice truck! Congratulations to you both!

Raquel, nice truck! Congratulations to you both!

Thank you, Alicia. We LOVE our truck and learning to love our trailer too.

Trish & Raquel

--------

"Road Runner" -- 2005 Volvo VNL780, 500hp Cummins ISX, Ultra-Shift, ET-Hitch, 198" wb

"Wile E." -- 2013 Heartland Landmark San Antonio

Thank you, Alicia. We LOVE our truck and learning to love our trailer too.

What kind of trailer do you have? We bought a Montana 34RL thinking our F250 could handle it. If I had known we were going to get a tractor, we would have gotten a Double Tree. Of curse, now we want a new Horizons. :)

What kind of trailer do you have? We bought a Montana 34RL thinking our F250 could handle it. If I had known we were going to get a tractor, we would have gotten a Double Tree. Of curse, now we want a new Horizons. :)

A New Horizons would have been nice but, it was more than we wanted to spend right now. We got a 2013 Heartland Landmark San Antonio. It's beautiful and we're loving it.

Trish & Raquel

--------

"Road Runner" -- 2005 Volvo VNL780, 500hp Cummins ISX, Ultra-Shift, ET-Hitch, 198" wb

Nice to see Alicia back on the ladies group again! Happy New Year's (early in case I can't get online) to everyone - hope you have a safe and fun time.

Here's today's smile:

Christmas was over, so Rudolph had a chance to do something he had wanted to do for a long time. He made an appointment with a plastic surgeon because he was so sensitive about his looks. However, it wasn't his glowing proboscis that he wanted changed. He was proud of his nose and the help he had given Santa because of it. No, he was sensitive about his long ears which were much more prominent than the ears of the average reindeer.

So one week after Christmas, he underwent reconstructive surgery, and since that time, January 1st has been celebrated as ... New Ears Day.

Richard & Sharon

Cute, Sharon!

I drove the truck today. Rick is using it to haul some stuff tomorrow so we took it out for a little joy ride and I drove. It has the automatic shifter so I still reach for a stick when I put the clutch in. I learned how to drive a stick when I was 16 and we have a toy car with a stick I drive occasionally.. And I put the clutch in too soon so my leg got tired, but I finally got the hang of it. I can do "rolling stops" pretty good now.

I don't drive this thing often so Rick was surprised that I didn't remember how to turn things on, when to pull the brake, etc. etc. Hopefully in a few years that won't be an issue because we will be traveling much more then.

Well, I'll check in every once in awhile, but I've had four brilliant business ideas in two weeks and now I need to see them to fruition. I'm calling one of the ideas my $5 million dollar idea. Only because I want someone to buy me out for $5M so I can retire and never rely on a paycheck ever again! LOL Wish me luck!

Y'all be good and safe and HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!

Cute, Sharon!

I drove the truck today. Rick is using it to haul some stuff tomorrow so we took it out for a little joy ride and I drove. It has the automatic shifter so I still reach for a stick when I put the clutch in. I learned how to drive a stick when I was 16 and we have a toy car with a stick I drive occasionally.. And I put the clutch in too soon so my leg got tired, but I finally got the hang of it. I can do "rolling stops" pretty good now.

I don't drive this thing often so Rick was surprised that I didn't remember how to turn things on, when to pull the brake, etc. etc. Hopefully in a few years that won't be an issue because we will be traveling much more then.

Trish has the same situation. We do each try to drive the truck half the time, meaning that when the truck goes out we each try to drive it half the way. However, Trish drives the GMC each day to work and back while I usually stay home. After driving the car during the week, getting into the truck things are just enough different that she has to think about everything a little more ... and our truck is a 2-pedal auto.

Trish & Raquel

--------

Happy New Year! Thought I would post an update on Richard - and thanks for the well wishes for him. He got a Christmas present from God on Christmas eve. We spend several fun filled hours in the ER in the neighboring town 40 minutes away, and after the cat scan, found that he had no broken ribs or cracked ones! Surprising considering he's 63 and fell 7' and landed on his side. He even passed out briefly, but thankfully he's tough and bouncy like an old tire!

As promised (finally), I have pictures of the van and the "kitty condo" here: http://s194.photobucket.com/albums/z245/gametrailgirl/Sprinter%20Van%20Mods/?start=all - you may want to view it as a slideshow.

Hope you all have a safe and fun New Years!

Sharon

Richard & Sharon

Oh goodness, Sharon! I didn't know he had fallen. Ugh! Glad he is on the mend!

So tell me about this van. Is this to replace the vehicle (SUV?) you were driving? And so basically you will haul the cats with you? Man, that is greatness!!!! What a set up!!!

Does it pull the boat, too? LOL

... and our truck is a 2-pedal auto.

Racquel, a 2-pedal auto? I'm not familiar with that term but I think we have the same thing. Basically, my transmission shifts automatically except when I need to stop or take off, then I have to apply the clutch. Is that what you have?

Alicia - it's a 3/4 ton diesel van, chosen for the fact that it's the only diesel van on the market, it's ability to carry weight inside (for the inevitable things that won't fit in the rv), plus it can pull the 4,000 lb boat with no problem. AND best of all - I can STAND up to deal with the cats - as opposed to crawling in on my knees in the suv. My boys get to ride in style now... A 6'2" person can stand up inside, so no more crawling for me - that was getting old with my cranky back and knees! Thanks for the compliments, so far, I'm very happy with it.

I guess everyone is just doing the laid back "nothing much" kind of day... We have been working on some organization that was needed, but that was only about 1 hour of our otherwise "useless" day! Still waiting for some really nice weather for fishing - should be some finally come Saturday/Sunday. Plus Richard's pain should be pretty much a thing of the past by then and we can get to catching some crappie (finally)! Seriously ladies - do not EVER go out of the truck forward - butt first upon exit! He already knew this, but had a stupid spell and has paid for it (and it could have been so much worse if he wasn't made out of old tire rubber)!

BIRTHDAY WISHES FOR THIS MONTH GO OUT TO: (sorry about the font sizes - they wouldn't work right!)

1/6 Gass, JoEllen

1/12 Gillam, Sharon

1/15 Selman, Susan

1/16 Jennings, Alana

1/19 Thurston, Gina

1/20 Carruth, Patricia

1/21 Penner, Christine

1/22 Bevington, Kathie

1/24 Ceote,Heather (Gedye)

1/25 Bruss, Dale

1/31 Burton,Cec

1/31 Marcy, Connie

Have a great first day of the new year everyone.

Now it's almost back to "normal life" again after Thanksgiving, Christmas, then New Years...

Edited by kingskids

Richard & Sharon

Racquel, a 2-pedal auto? I'm not familiar with that term but I think we have the same thing. Basically, my transmission shifts automatically except when I need to stop or take off, then I have to apply the clutch. Is that what you have?

No. Your truck has 3-pedals, a clutch, a brake and accelerator. Our truck has 2-pedals, a brake and an accelerator. When we stop or start out we don't push in a clutch because there is none. All we do is let off the brake pedal press on the accelerator. In every other sense it's like yours in that it shifts automatically.

Trish & Raquel

--------

Alicia, I'm glad you got some "wheel time!" Keep up the good work! Unless you do a long haul where you need to rest the main driver, it is difficult to remember to get behind the wheel occasionally.

Sharon, I'm glad to hear that Richard might be feeling good enough to get crappie by the weekend. Such a scary fall for any of us! I hope you get tons of sunshine this weekend - we've had far too many cloudy days this winter. Thanks for posting the birthdays! I'm sure I will forget most before their day comes, but I can remember today - and maybe tomorrow!wink.gif

2-pedal, 3 pedal, steers, drives, weed burners, stacks... these are things we need to write down so Jack and Danielle can know where our gaps of information are and help us during those "Ladies Only" classes at the next rally. I'm really looking forward to seeing everyone again next year (and maybe meeting a few new faces - Rachel and Trish!)

Sue, I am getting excited to see how your truck bed is looking! The pictures I've seen lead me to believe that the end is very near! Hang in there!

Christmas and New Years was good for us. I've been working in Austin (temp winter job) since mid-November and will continue until late March. Having friends and family close by has been wonderful, but I am so ready to hit the road again! That 6 AM alarm clock is not my friend!

Susan & Trey Selman | email | HDT: '01 770 VED12 | 5er: '02 40' Travel Supreme RLTSOA | '16 Piaggio MP3 500 | '15 Smart Cabrio | Personal Blog | HHRV Resource Guide | HHRV Campgrounds | Recreation Vehicle Safety & Education Foundation |

Glad to read all of the posts and say HAPPY NEW YEAR to everyone! I'm glad to have 2012 in the rear view mirror, so to speak! Raymond and I are looking forward to getting our home in Jax, FL on the market in (hopefully) early Spring. Since Raymond is still working, we only plan a few days at the Tampa RV SuperShow this month and the ECR in Crossville, TN in April. No HDT Rally for us this year....think we are replacing all tires so we'll be ready to "hit the open road" in early 2014. We are looking forward to seeing Davena, Henry & Kitty in FL soon. If you ever get near, I-95 EXIT 244 in Florida and want to stop by - give us a shout. Remember, also, send your favorite recipes as you find them! :rolleyes:

Edited by jags1fan

Janet Church Lifetime Member #96033 RDBE #58
2005 Volvo 630
2008 Blue Smart
2006 Ruby Red Smart (1st Gen)
2009 DRV 36' Mobile Suites
NO PMs PLEASE. I might not see them for a long time! Contact me at: jags1fan@gmail.com

better half: G8r.Ray Raymond Church

My blog: ForksInTheRVRoad.com

Sharon, thanks for the birthday reminders, I put then in my phone so I can remember then :rolleyes: . As DH keeps telling me," My mind is as long as my penis....That's right I don't have one :o ". I am relying more and more on my phone. God help me if it ever gets stolen! I will be so lost.

I am glad to hear that Richard is ok. God works in misterious ways, his wonders to preform....

I love the kitty condo. SWEEEEEEET :D. No more crawling in and out. Hope it contains the barfing problem.;)

New Ears Day?..... Cute

Jan 1 was our 36th anniversity and I spent it getting over a bug :( . Feeling better today. Actually feel human.

I hope everyones New Year celibration was fun and enjoyable. Looking forward to the new year. I am not making any New Years resolutions because I never keep them... so I am starting the new year off with no broken promises to myself.

<p>Greg and AggieLife is what happens when you're making plans to do something else !

2010 Jeep Wrangler toad

2006 Country Coach Inspire 360