RDBE (for those in the know)

ddshjs

That's so bad ;-/ lol.

Hey but its a good idea. Let's have a joke fest. 24 hours of jokes. Let's keep it clean though. I'll start

A young girl was given the assignment in school to find out her mothers birthday.

So when she got home, she asked her mom how old she was. Her mom replied that it was not a question you were ever supposed to ask a lady.

So the next day in school she told her best friend she didn't know what to do because her mom wouldn't answer the question.

Her friend rolled her eyes and told her when she got home that night to get her mothers purse and find her mom's drivers license." It's like a report card for adults", she said.

So when she got home she dug through her mom's purse until she found her drivers license. She looked at it for a few minutes and then her mouth fell open. She thrust the drivers license back into the purse and stomped into the kitchen.

She says to her mom" Mom, I know how old you are!"

Mom say " oh really, and just how old am I?"

Little girl says " your 42 years old. And I know why you and dad got divorced!"

Mom says again "oh really!?"

Little girl says " you got an 'F' in sex!" :-)))

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cute, I love the cough syrup! We are safe as are our 3 sons on the NH seacoast. We only had minimal affects from Sandy, about 20-30 mph winds and rain last night. Winds were worse when we left Kansas at 40 mph gusts! We are about 100 miles inland (NH VT border) and the storm tracked just south of us westerly. Others were much less fortunate and we pray that they will be ok. I talked with Jeff and Cindy in Harrisburg, PA and they are fine. Pat and Ken Carruth became the grandparents of twin grand daughters (Hope and Hadley) last evening at 10:30 and 10:29pm. They were born by C section and both weighed 4 pounds plus. Pat and Ken have their RV packed and will travel from IL to OH tomorrow and stay for the next couple months! We thank everyone for their concern. Jackalopee production is in full force and the van is finally unpacked as of today! Another round of intermittent Thunder-showers will come thru tonite but no concern.

OK here goes a couple additions to the joke fest!

WHY WASN'T ANY FOOD LEFT AFTER THE MONSTER HALLOWEEN PARTY? EVERYONE WAS A GOBBLIN !

WHAT DO YOU CALL AN ALLIGATOR WITH A VEST ON? AN INVEST-I-GATOR :(

Alanasue, your package will be coming your way probably Thursday. Glad to hear your project is progressing. And horse sitting ? The addition of new skills may be helpful in future adventures!

So happy to see that more gals are discovering the RDBE website. It can be a lot of fun and helpful at the same time.

I received an email from Dorcas and Dan Dick and they were really touched by the card that our HDTers signed and sent to them from the rally. They thank everyone, are doing well and really miss everyone.

Now waiting for DWTS elimination night:)

Stay safe. Hugs Davena

Addendum FYI: Our fastest departure with our assigned chores inside and out including hookup and leaving was exactly 15 minutes! We leave the RV fully stocked except refrigerator. However, leaving a rally, is a different scenario! The inside is usually all ready to rock n roll, and waiting patiently while DH is finishing up chit chats, checking this and that, and then getting to his check list of TO DO's. It took days this year :) :) :) LOL

Glad to here everyone made it through Sandy ok. :) 15 minutes, that's just not right :o Can't wait until we get that good. Loved the jokes. Keep them comming. Lets keep everyone on the coast in our prayers..

<p>Greg and AggieLife is what happens when you're making plans to do something else !

2010 Jeep Wrangler toad

2006 Country Coach Inspire 360

Relieved to hear that everyone is ok so far. Do we have any of our group up in that area not accounted for? I don't know who lives up that way and who doesn't... Sitting here in Indiana (Michigan border), the weather isn't menacing like Sandy is producing elsewhere, but it downright unpleasant. Cold, cloudy, dreary, and a wind with an attitude. I'm ready for warmer climes!

Aggie- loved the "F" in sex joke and Davena - I'm always up for good puns like the ones you posted.

I never answered the question of how long till time to roll - for us, probably closer to 30 minutes - including the 2 cat transfer.

Don't forget to weigh in on Heidi's question about the windows! Remember, she wants to know if you have the "slider type" or the "crank out" type - which do you prefer and why...

When I have a few minutes, I have another joke for you gals to lighten your day. Later...

Sharon

Richard & Sharon

For Sale - 2005 Freightliner Century RV Hauler

Truck-for-sale-smaller.jpg

I am asking about the entire window in the camper wall. The new frameless windows flip up instead of raising up and I was specifically concerned that the air flow would be less with frameless.

Thought some of you may have had campers with both and could tell me which you prefer.

The 5th wheel we've ordered, but haven't gotten yet, will be our first RV. However, I think that frameless windows are easier to maintain because they are similar to automotive windows, installed with a gasket that doesn't require caulking to seal/re-seal and supposedly doesn't leave black streaks down the side of the RV.

Edited by Raquel

Trish & Raquel

--------

"Road Runner" -- 2005 Volvo VNL780, 500hp Cummins ISX, Ultra-Shift, ET-Hitch, 198" wb

"Wile E." -- 2013 Heartland Landmark San Antonio

Here's one more "belated Halloween" joke:

An enterprising journalist decided to get the scoop of the day by photographing the fearsome phantom that lived in the spooky old mansion house at the edge of town.

When he entered the house, armed with only his camera, the ghost descended upon him, moaning and wailing and clanking chains. "I mean no harm; I just want your photograph," the journalist said bravely.

Pleased at this chance to make headlines, the ghost posed for a number of shots, and the happy journalist rushed back to his computer and began uploading the photos. Unfortunately, they turned out to be so underexposed that nothing could be seen in them.

He was distraught, and went to a local pub to drown his sorrows. Meeting his friends there, they asked what was wrong. Not wanting to tell the whole story, he simply explained with a single sentence: "The spirit was willing, but the flash was weak."

Richard & Sharon

Morning all.

Sharon, that was cute. :)

We are not doing a lot right now. Just so nice to get up in the morning, drink coffee outside in sweats and by 9 am changing into shorts.B)

It's amazing how in the desert, 70 degrees can seem so cold. I know I havn't acclumated yet, so it has got to be lack of humidity in the air.:mellow:

Went to the Arizona Desert Museum in Tucson yesterday. Very nice. Finding I love the desert with all it's assorted weird plants and cacti. B)

Also find myself rambling this morning, think I need more coffee.:D I'll get back at ya when I am more awake :blink:

<p>Greg and AggieLife is what happens when you're making plans to do something else !

2010 Jeep Wrangler toad

2006 Country Coach Inspire 360

Heidi - have you gotten enough info on your windows yet? You didn't get a lot of answers here, but hopefully they were helpful... Maybe more of the gas will chime in on the "crank out" vs "lift up" style and why they prefer whatever they prefer.

Aggie - the really funny thing about what you said about 70 degrees feeling colder is that us "desert folks" have always said that about how it feels to us when we go east and get into humidity! Till you wrote that, I honestly never knew it "went both ways"! Funny how us humans are when we get used to something - no matter what that something is! Take traffic noise for example... One lives in the city and hears it all the time, then goes to the country where it's totally quiet, and they can't sleep - and the same is of course true in reverse. We are funny, yet amazing beings... My mom liked to say "one can get used to anything but a rock in their shoe".

I feel so bad for the thousands in the northeast who are without power, food, water, can't get anywhere, and the roving packs of thieves have the elderly too scared to come out and try to get the things they need to survive. God help this country if we ever have a catastrophe any worse than this. People don't seem to want to help others like they did when we were all young.

Richard & Sharon

Who wants a recipe for making your own HEALTHIER hand sanitizer for pennies on the dollar from the "chemical factory" versions you get in the stores?

It's "uber" simple: half and half of aloe vera gel and rubbing alcohol (91% is better than the 70%). After making two batches, I have tweaked it because I found that the "lumps" in the aloe vera gel made it difficult to get a nice blend that didn't clog up the container I used for it. So here's the way I did it...

I took all the aloe vera gel that I wanted for the batch size I wanted to make and HALF the rubbing alcohol that I needed and put it in the blender. Mixed it till all the "lumps" went away, then poured it out into a container, then add the last half of the rubbing alcohol to clean out the blender and get all the last of the gel out. If you want something other than a "fresh clean" smell, you can add several drops of an essential oil such as lavender or something that you like. I did on the first batch, but thought that the second batch was just fine with the "clean and fresh" smell without any additional scent. Pennies on the dollar compared to the stuff in the stores. FYI - did you know that hand sanitizers use pesticides to kill the "bugs" (germs are basically bugs) - so is that really what you want to keep putting into your body (everything you put on your skin gets into your system to some degree)!? Oh, both ingredients should be readily available at a grocery store - got ours at a Safeway.

Ok, now for the pun of the day:

Paints were a very precious quantity in the good old days, and British merchants could make a small fortune supplying paints to the colonies.

One company sent a clipper ship full of red paint across the ocean. It had the very bad luck to collide with another ship full of blue paint.

As a result of this disaster, both crews were ... marooned.

Have a great weekend ladies. We're spending our day tomorrow doing some much needed cooking ahead for the upcoming week. That and more fun than one can stand - scanning old paperwork and shredding - YUCK - this is something I'll be glad when all of it is done! Soon.... but not soon enough for me!

Richard & Sharon

Thanks Sharon for sharing your recipe for hand sanitizer...............I also have one...........

Home made ice packs: What you will need:

Rubbing alcohol

Water

Two freezer bags

Mix 2 parts water and one part rubbing alcohol in one of the freezer bags. Seal tightly. Use the second freezer bag to double bag your mixture.

And how do I know this works you ask.........my ankles swell a lot so I use these ice packs around my ankles to keep the swelling down. They do not freeze hard, they stay slushy, makes them easy to wraps around what aches.

Talk about recipes, I would be interested in seeing how others handle cooking, etc. for someone who is a diabetic. My #1 squeeze is a diabetic and controlled by diet.....pot lucks are a major concern..........any suggestions would be appreciated.

Sue

Here's a HAPPY BIRTHDAY greetings for all our November gals: Heidi's was the most recent - yesterday. We should have mentioned the birthdays earlier so we could wish Barbara and Pat greetings as well. Hope you three had a great day! So happy B'Day to all the following November gals. If you have a birthday this month and aren't on this list, then that's because Davena doesn't have your birthday date and she needs that info to update the membership list! What an amazing coincidence that we're all 29 this month (or is it 39)?

:P

11/1 - Barbara Mohr, 11/2 - Pat McFall, 11/4 - Heidi Springfield, 11/9 - Sharon Agan,

11/15 - Ute Czetli, 11/16 - Michal Bagley, 11/16 - Alana Sue Guthrie, 11/18 - Davena Szmyt,

11/25 - Margie Parr, 11/29 - Danielle Mayer.

:D Happy Birthday Ladies! :D

Edited by kingskids

Richard & Sharon

Sharon, I read here and then did search online to find out how people like the crank out windows versus the slide ones. I just thought that many of you might have owned campers with the old style and now have a newer camper with the crank out style and had noted how the air flow compared. Sounds like the new style is good, if not better than the old style.

BTW, Raquel, I was talking to an RV manufacturer and they said that the frameless windows still need to be caulked on the outside (about 1/4" in from the edge of the glass), so will have to make sure we give them a visual check periodically to be sure the caulk is still in good shape.

Sharon, I really, really like your hand sanitizer! I added a few drops of peppermint essential oil and it smells very nice. Your recipe is so much gentler on the hands - thank you!

Wow, lots of Nov b'days! I did have a very good b'day. My DH's Aunt babysat the kids and let us take a nice walk and then we had a pizza party and his cousin made me a chocolate cake with chocolate icing. Yum! Did I mention that DH made me some Paula Dean brownies as well? Talking about brownie points! Thanks for the blday wishes, Sharon.

Heidi

Edited by 4Girls&aMan

2007 2L Freightliner Century Condo, 14.0L Detroit, QD 6000
2013 Space Craft

Quoted from a different topic:

BTW Raquel - it was good to see you finally pop up on the RDBE thread again recently - you've been missing for too long...

Yeah, we're a bit busy here, trying to sort through everything and decide what to sell, what to give away and what "just goes away". Our 5th wheel should be here in 2 - 3 weeks (we're hoping) so we're scanning all our paperwork and records up onto the cloud, and then shredding them. We have boxes and boxes of pictures and momentos. My youngest son is going to get the lion's share of those. It's just a monumental task, as you are probably too aware yourself.

Trish & Raquel

--------

"Road Runner" -- 2005 Volvo VNL780, 500hp Cummins ISX, Ultra-Shift, ET-Hitch, 198" wb

Where is everyone in our RDBE group!? We have over 100 members, yet only a few of us here - wassup??

Heidi - glad you like the sanitizer. What a nice chocolatty (sp?) b'day! We went out for my day and had a nice lunch in an Amish restaurant, went for a nice long drive without cats, boat, or rv, then topped off the evening with dinner out as well. The waitress came into the small room (the restaurant had several different rooms instead of one large one) - with a candle on a piece of cheesecake and announced to the whole room: "attention everyone, pay attention, swallow what's in your mouth, and let's sing happy birthday to Sharon"! I was as red as a beet! Nice relaxing day with no chores or computer work...

C'mon RDBE gals - come back to the group - we are a fun bunch and we would love to have some new voices on the thread... Davena - haven't heard from you in a while, hope all is well. Sue - still looking for that "before, during, and after" thread on the progress of your truck. You've been very quiet lately, hope you and that horse haven't run off together! Susan, we'll be down in the Austin area just after Thanksgiving getting the van. Are you guys going to be in town at that time? Raquel - I'm working hard also to get all our papers scanned and "filed" so I can shred and be done with them. I have a large bin of old stuff that still has to be done. We use the ScanSnap 1300 scanner that does both sides at once (if desired, it's optional), and it has a program called Rack2Filer that literally looks and functions as binders with tabs sitting on a bookshelf. Very cool, easy to use, and is really tiny so it's not a space hog. I love getting it done, I even really like the process of doing it - just when so much volume is staring at me, it's not quite as much "fun". But the end is actually in sight - the light at the end of the tunnel has been proven not to be an oncoming train as once thought!

Happy trails gals. Have a terrific weekend.

Richard & Sharon

Way to go, Sharon...encouraging us to post. Maybe, we should send an email to all of the RDBE gals encouraging them to sign on and post often...we'd love to hear from everyone! I'll try to post more often! I'm currently at our 'future homebase' getting a few things done so that when the Jax house is ready for the real estate market I'll have a couple of spots to move a very few pieces of furniture that we/I plan to keep. This property was originally my Grandfather's, then my Mom built a house on the last 10 acres of Orange Trees that he had - so that going to Homebase for us! A piece of property that our kids would like to remain in the family. But, currently, Raymond and I both are thinking we'll NOT be here very often. And, if, our youngest son continues to live here and maintain the property for us that will eliminate us needing to come through here more than we plan to.

Sharon - so glad you posted the kind of scanner you are using, I was going to ask.

I'd like to hear what and where everyone plans during Thanksgiving.

We plan to be in Jacksonville and two out of three of our kids will join us for our traditional meal that my Mom started in 1973. Raymond has the week off but we have numerous appointments planned. Currently plan 2 weeks at Christmas will be at Homebase.

Safe Travels everyone!

Janet Church Lifetime Member #96033 RDBE #58
2005 Volvo 630
2008 Blue Smart
2006 Ruby Red Smart (1st Gen)
2009 DRV 36' Mobile Suites
NO PMs PLEASE. I might not see them for a long time! Contact me at: jags1fan@gmail.com

better half: G8r.Ray Raymond Church

My blog: ForksInTheRVRoad.com

Hello everyone

Good to see more and more RDBE gals on the forum. I've taken a few days off to get re-organized and spending time at the malls........getting a head start on Christmas. I know, I know, have not had Thanksgiving yet, but want to finish by Thanksgiving.........that way, I will be one less in the lines at the stores and on the highways.

Horse sitting again with Betsy but just for a day or two. She recognizes her name "Betsy" especially when I come with a handful of hay....but the grain is what she likes the best........and Bob is in charge of the grain. Okay, I'll admit, Betsy likes him the best. ;)

No pictures on the re-do just yet. Down to where we were around April, 2012...stripped. Believe we have most of the pieces and parts ordered and delivered, just waiting for one more major item....then............. :) Had a delivery the other night. That poor driver never been here before and his truck was an 18 wheeler. Oh, I'm sure he will be talking about that delivery for quite sometime. His GPS was giving him false directions. We were all standing out front with flashlights guiding him in. I'm sure J.W.'s neighbors were thinking, "what in the world are those crazy people doing"? We were hilarious..Bob was on the cell phone talking him to our location............take a right, then a left, so straight......We could hear him coming over the hill....finally! I felt better when I saw his license plate was from Indiana........I'm from Indiana...he had a delivery to make, dark or not, he was going to "get'r'delivered". Yeah! One less item we are waiting for.

Hope everyone is doing well, and good hearing from the RDBE gals.

Sue

Well, we are currently on I-10 somewhere between Beaumont and Houston headed west. We will visit my mom this week (Bellville, TX) and head to Austin on Thursday for our work. We will be in South Austin until March.

I'm glad the Birthday girls had good days! I will have to try that hand sanitizer.

Janet, I almost emailed you yesterday just to say that we were passing by your place, but never did. Thanks for the invitation to come by - I'm sure one day we will!

Raquel, I don't envy the tasks before you.

Sharon, We haven't really stopped since the Rally. Been to SC, then FL, now back to TX. I'm exhausted. We will be in South Austin/Buda (Crestview RV) over Thanksgiving. We will be living right across the street from Cabelas, so I you should definitely visit. If you do come by, look for the Travel Supreme, not the Volvo. We store the truck in the back.

Heidi, I have so many questions about all the plans y'all are making. I look forward to seeing a post from you soon.

Sue, I always like to know how things work, so I took pictures of our truck when it was naked (before JW put the bed on it) I am determined to one day know as much as these guys - or maybe just to be able to follow most conversations.

Confession time: Remember when Heidi mentioned that we should all drive our truck trailer combos regularly just to keep in practice? I think we all agreed it was a good idea, but have we all done it? I got behind the wheel of the attached truck for the first time in months yesterday and realized how long it had been since I had driven with the trailer. I hope those of you who can drive are practicing. It has been so easy to just let Trey drive all the time since we rarely drive long days. Keep reminding me to drive!

ACK!!! So glad I am not driving now. Just as I finished the last sentence, Trey had to panic stop after going around a curve. Went from 60 down to 30 mph on Interstate 10. Some yahoo was going 30 mph on the interstate! The vehicle three ahead slammed on his brakes and those behind him had to also. Trey stood from his seat pressing the brake to the floor, I saw the space between the car ahead of us (and three ahead of him) get smaller and smaller. My ears couldn't hear any tires squealing from a skid - that was good. I glanced in the side mirror ans saw the trailer and truck were stopping in a straight line (all brakes working) and the person behind us hadn't hit us yet - also good. I glanced forward again and saw that we were in fact going to stop in time - all very good! At that point I began breathing again - but just barely. Trey's only comment once we were safe: "I hate Houston!" I'd best get off the computer now and help Trey look out for other Houstonians attempting to kill us.

Remember to keep safe following distances - I think that just saved us!

Susan & Trey Selman | email | HDT: '01 770 VED12 | 5er: '02 40' Travel Supreme RLTSOA | '16 Piaggio MP3 500 | '15 Smart Cabrio | Personal Blog | HHRV Resource Guide | HHRV Campgrounds | Recreation Vehicle Safety & Education Foundation |

I'd like to hear what and where everyone plans during Thanksgiving.

For years we've done a huge dinner for people we know who don't have family nearby. This year, because of when our trailer is supposed to arrive and trying to be out of here without paying another month's rent, we've cancelled that. We'll most likely be here going through boxes of stuff and trying to get moved into our new home.

Trish & Raquel

--------

Susan, now aren't you glad you have a big enough truck to stop! Have to drive that Houston traffic once a year, usually at Thanksgiving time to see brother-in-law, but we are usually in that town and out just as fast. Also NOT our favorite town. Be safe, okay?

Rachel, what you are doing right now probably feels overwhelming, but once you "hit the road" your life will become "so freeing". Just wait, you'll see.

Susan was hoping you would stop by J.W.'s shop for a short visit. Like you, I want to know what makes this truck tick. Ordering shocks for the truck as we found them leaking. Might as well get them changed out while it is wide open in that area.

Sharon, you asked if I had rode off in the sunset with Betsy. Hummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.... Betsy is pregnant, do not know how to handle that one when the time comes. I thought I heard around January.

Have not tried the hand sanitizer formula yet, but sounds interesting. Do you have any other nifty money saving tips?

Sue

Good morning gals. I hope you will join me in remembering and thanking our Veterans on their special day today. I am gratefull and pray for all those who have served in the past and those who are on active duty. My stepfather was a WWII veteran, my brother-in-law is a VN Marine veteran and 2 of my cousins 4 sons are currently serving one in the Marines, and 3 in the Navy. Another is retired from the Navy as are many of our friends. God Bless all of you and stay safe.

I woke this morning thinking about the contents of past RDBE pages where we sent birthday greetings each month! Pat McFall often beat me in getting her wishes out first! I haven't been on line for a few days and low and behold it has been revived! I want add my sentiments for a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ALL THE NOVEMBER birthday gals. Another year more senior makes us a year wiser:)

I am watching the destruction and dilemmas on the news in NY and NJ where we have family (Staten Is.) and friends. We drove through that entire area (on our way back from the rally and FL) just 2 days before Sandy struck It is unbelieveable how ill prepared they were (are). As resourceful Americans, individuals are setting up sidewalk grills cooking donated food to feed people and just today a privately donated tanker truck is arriving at 10 am with gasoline. Escapees Chapter 3, (New England) Charter Member and dear friend Esther celebrates her 93rd birthday on Nov 13. She lives in Long Island and is homebound. Firemen wanted to evacuate her after her home flooded but she refused! A fellow Escapee has been checking on her and we pray that she is okay. Until recently, she travelled solo in her Roadtrek visiting family and friends along her route. A fiesty gal for sure.

It sounds like many RVers have arrived at the their winter destinations and others are en route! Safe travels to all and stay warm and safe. We plan to enjoy the holidays with our kids and grandchildren and then head to FL the first week of January. The A1 needs some TLC so this winter will be dedicated to her beautification.

Thanks to all who are using the RDBE site and to help us stay in touch! Now that we have unpacked and settled, I will finish updating the member list and minutes and email it out to everyone.

SKP Hugs to all! Davena

An addendum to the windows post. We have smaller windows that slide sideways and have a locking latch release which I really like. They are easy to use, clean and they lock. On the big windows, we have a slide release and the windows lift up. I have trouble with the releases and would prefer something else. Our previous RV's had crank out windows and Jalousy's on another. These were nice because they could be open with out rain coming in. The only drawback was the thread on the handles wore out after a few years and had to be replaced, but no big deal. I am seriously thinking about remote control day night shades in the kitchen and living room. Feedback on how well these work would be interesting.

Davena

Feedback on the MCD shades.............love them!

We have them in the kitchen/dining/living room area only. This is our first coach with these shades and just the push of a button and swwwwwish they go up, hit the down button and swwwwwwwosh well, you get the idea. :P

We have 8 windows in this area and would have to go around to each one and..............again you get the idea. :) Have NOT had an issue with our MCD shades.....

My feedback is - They are GREAT

Sue

Sue, I tried to talk Richard into the "swish and swosh" shades - but $4500 for something that sooner or later will have problems wasn't in his vocabulary! We are however, planning on getting Hunter Douglas pleated/cellular shades to replace the day/night ones that came with the coach. Since we have the "window silks" on the coach, we have no need of the "day shades" since you can't see into the coach in the daytime. All we need is the night time shades. We have Hunter shades in our S&B house, the kind where the shade pull never gets any longer or shorter - always stays the same length - and absolutely loved them. Easy to operate, helps a lot with temperature transfers from the windows, and though costly ($3600 for the 10 windows we have in the coach), nothing to go wrong like motorized things tend to do. We will just for frugality purposes, wait till the house has sold though before chunking that kind of money at the windows when what we have still works fine - after all, it doesn't make the truck go forward, can't feed us, and won't pay the house payment! I do think that the swish and swosh are lovely and so handy though.

Richard & Sharon

Ha - Sharon, you're funny.

Susan, I drove the whole rig the other day and literally couldn't recall the last time I'd done that. However, having my DH put me behind the wheel of the semi weekly has made a huge difference in my comfort level with the entire rig behind me.

We are currently visiting family and picked up our minivan from the MIL and I feel like I'm driving a sports car! It's all relative, huh?

Heidi

2007 2L Freightliner Century Condo, 14.0L Detroit, QD 6000
2013 Space Craft