Keeping in touch-Class of 2006

Jeff & Suzanne

Billie: Thanks. You've done a great job. We prefer to keep it just the way it is.

Duane and Louise: Keep us all posted on your Alaskan adventure. We can't wait to see it.

To our geocache mentors - we just hit 60!

We are at the Sutherlin, OR SKP park until Tuesday when we head toward the Columbia River and on into Washington.

Safe travels everyone.

Joe and Nancy

Too many roads, too little time.

SKP #81932

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thanks a lot, it would have been nice to know the names of members of your class, nothing more. By the way that shirt in your Avatar was a concept from Pull-Tab. You ought to thank him for the chance to wear it. He should have copyrighted it.

Teacher's Pet

'06 40' Phaeton QSH 350 Cat.

'04 R-Vision B+ Model 213, 6.0 Chevrolet.

http://www.skoolzoutforever.blogspot.com

http://map.datastormusers.com/user3.cfm?user=3912

Hi Girls & Boys. . .we are at Treetops in Arlington, TX for a week before heading for Lake Bardwell CoE Park near Ennis, TX with the grandkids to do some fishing. It will be Jean-Luc's first time fishing; and, a return for Madeleine to where she caught her first fish. Went to the VA for some medical attention to my feet...being a Type I diabetic & all. Looks like my mobility will be impaired for a while...it could be Charcot's Joint, a common problem for many diabetics. Sure hate to be caught in Texas during the months of June and later! icon_frown.gif ; so, since there is a very good VA facility in North Chicago, we are hoping that after my (hopefully soon to happen) original treatment in Dallas, I can have my follow up visits up north where it's somewhat cooler. icon_smile.gif Looks like my acting career might have to be postponed for a while; but, Suzanne will keep auditioning. After all, if she was asked to double for Shirley Mclaine. . . icon_eek.gif Oops! Almost forgot...ABC has picked up the pilot episode of "Caveman" I worked on; and, will air Sept. 1, I think at 8pm Eastern/7pm Central. Sure hope I got some camera time...it was that 4+ days of shooting that did my feet in!!!!

Jeff and Suzanne with Scout and Sydney, the Cocker Spaniel Sisters touring in Fawkes the 2012 Phoenix Cruiser 2400 Sprinter

"What happens in Vagueness, stays in Vagueness"

Hi Judy...thanks for the weather info. Any way you look at it; late June, July and August will always be better in the upper Midwest than in Texas. By the time I get finished with my medical stuff at the Dallas VA, I'll be ready for Paul Wolf Forest Preserve Campground in Elgin, IL or Buffalo Park in Algonquin, IL. icon_cool.gificon_wink.gificon_razz.gif

Jeff and Suzanne with Scout and Sydney, the Cocker Spaniel Sisters touring in Fawkes the 2012 Phoenix Cruiser 2400 Sprinter

Jeff,

We all had our hiccups last summer - none are allowed for this summer. icon_wink.gif So get feeling better VERY QUICKLY.

Wendell,

Wow - that is sure an increase in numbers. I think you are going to have a VERY busy summer. I don't know if we will make it that far east - we are trying to make sure we get to see some friends who are not in the best of health this summer, maybe our last chance.

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
2002 Alpine 36 MDDS (Figment II), 2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
Blog: http://www.barbanddave.net
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

Hey Jeff--We sure hope you get to feeling better soon. I saw an ad on television for the Caveman show last night. Can't wait to see your debut.

Hey Melvis---Where are you and what are you up to?

Hey Gordon---Your next career should be a travel/food advisor. We really enjoyed the Waterfront Depot in Florence..Delicious...also, your advise about the things too see in the area was right on. We really enjoyed the Sea Lion Cave, lighthouse and the entire coast. Thanks again for all your info.

We are now just south of Bend, OR in LaPine State Park. Really beautiful area. Rick's enjoying all of the fishing in the area. Lots to see and do around here. We plan on staying here for about a week. If anyone is in the area, give us a shout.

Hey Rick and Carol,

No more careers for me! icon_biggrin.gif Happy you enjoyed Waterfront Depot and other great spots on coast. While in the La Pine area, make sure Rick gets a shot at fishing the fantastic Metolius River near Camp Sherman just west of Sisters. It is a beautiful spring fed river that is loaded with fish.

We just arrived for a month stay at the Eagle Nest RV Resort located in Polson, MT, on the south shore of Flathead Lake...very stormy here with snow falling very low in nearby mountains. Once this clears off we hope to get out for a little recreation in the area.

Enjoy your visit to Central Oregon...it's a great place.

Safe travels,

Gordon and Juanita

Seeing the USA in our Chevrolet
Full timing since 3/11/2006
Blog: http://www.mytripjournal.com/USAChevrolet

Hello everyone! Well, we finally left Mesa, AZ on Monday & are working our way back towards Delaware to visit with family before heading to either New Hampshire or Maine where I (Shelly) plan to take a nursing assignment for the summer. We're currently in Guthrie, OK, approx 20 miles north of Oklahoma City. We're visiting friends up in Sand Springs, OK, and plan to stay in this area thru the Memorial Day Weekend. On Tuesday, we plan to head up to Miami, OK to the Newell plant for our first RV plant tour and will be staying in their campground that nite. We also have plans to visit with some more friends the follow week in Stanton, Missouri and are contemplating biding our time around Branson, Missouri for a few days before heading to Stanton.

Hope everyone is doing well. Let us know if anyone thinks they might be in our neck of the woods.

Suzanne and Jeff - I was purusing the new Hallmark ornament book online and saw an ornament that reminded me of you. Check it out:

http://www.hallmark.com/webapp/wcs/stores/...DREAM_ONLINE_20EAM_ONLINE_20

------
Bobby & Shelly Evans
SKP #94865
Full-timing Class of 2006!
Originally from Delaware
2000 American Dream 40' DS
03 Saturn LW200

We are in Dawson Creek, BC the beginning of the Alaskan Highway. We will stay here over the weekend, don't like to trave on Saturday or Sunday much. The rv traffic is real heavy, campgrounds fill real early. I guess the gas price has not slow our crowd down to much. This country is spectacular. A new vista at every turn in the road. Keep safe

Duane and Louise

05 Diplomat

http://dandltravel.blogspot.com

Glad to hear from you Robert and Shelly. We've been wondering how you guys are doing. We love the Airstream ornament - going to buy it when it comes out in October.

We're close to you - Arlington, TX, but we won't be leaving the area for a while til we find out what's going to be done with Jeff's feet.

Happy trails to you both

Robert & Shelly - it is really good to hear from you.

Just curious, how long a nursing stint are you planning on? Will you winter over up there in the far north? Maybe be there next summer also?

I'm asking because I'll winter in the RGV and then do an East Coast swing that will take me to upstate New York about this time next year.

I love both New Hampshire and Maine and have been thinking to pushing on for another visit up there?

If you'll still there let me know.

Travel safe...

Steve

2002 34' Hurricane

2001 Saturn SL2

2 tabby cats (CiCi & Leo)

Jeff & Suzanne

Welcome back. Sorry your having feet problems. Let us know if we can do anything for you. Hope we can get together at least once before yall head out again.

By the way class thanks for the Thank U's and support about the class site. You all have spoken and it will stay as is.

Hi Billie...thanks for your well wishes for my feet...and, your great work with our class website! I sent you a PM about getting together.

Thanks to all all our Escapees friends for your kind thoughts concerning my feet problems. I've been a Type I diabetic for more than three decades with relatively few medical complications; so, I've been very fortunate. I'll just keep on keeping on. icon_cool.gificon_wink.gificon_razz.gif

To Steve -

Planning to do an assignment July/Aug to Oct/Nov. We're then planning to head back to the same park we stayed in in Mesa, AZ as we loved it so much. We should be back in Mesa come December. Unless we decide to change state of residence, we'll have to be back east next year as well (Oct), to get the coach retagged/inspected, as Delaware will only do 2 yrs max.

By the way Steve, what is RGV?

------
Bobby & Shelly Evans
SKP #94865
Full-timing Class of 2006!
Originally from Delaware
2000 American Dream 40' DS
03 Saturn LW200

Hello to all of the Class of 06! It has been a long while since I have posted on the forum...we have been having a wonderful time traveling and a few "not so nice" days waiting to have some recall work done on our rig in Junction City, OR. It is a nice town though and we visited places while there! It went from mid 50's to the upper 70's and some 80-90 days though while we were there! This part of the country is sure beautiful! Today we are celebrating Memorial Day weekend and the week after at the Outdoor Resorts Pacific Shores Resort in Newport, OR. It is really beautiful here! A little bit chilly, but beautiful!

Hope some of you will be this way so we can meet up! We plan to be at the FMCA rally in Redmond, OR in August.

Just wanted to tell you all that I think what you have done with "your class" is great! The Class of 05 "did their thing" and you are doing yours. Everyone does things a little differently and I think the way things like this usually happen is that each year gets just a little bit better than the first, hopefully because the first group made a good base. Changes are good and no club that I have been in yet has been the same, year after year! I am just so glad to have been a part of organizing something that has really taken off and want to tell all of you that Henry & I would love to meet each and every one of you....and the 07, 08 and all the others that are to come down the line!

We love the Class of 05 and are so proud to be a part of it, even though we did not get off in 05 (and are honorary members of the Class of 06 since we started in June 06!) as we planned. But the decision to wait was a good one and we are happy that we decided to wait another six months...

The friends we have made in the Class of 05 are good ones and we love them all. We keep in touch via email with most, some just occassionally when we run in to each other! We hope that all of you will continue that way also! You all are great!! Keep on, Keeping ON!!!! We're out here to enjoy ourselves and we certainly intend to do that!

Take care and God Bless us all...Anne

"Formerly Full Timin Wannabee"

2004 Country Coach Allure

Keep up with us as we travel! - http://fulltimetravels.livejournal.com/401.html (click on entries, top left for the latest one)

Anne, we will be up in the PNW all summer. In fact, I think there are quite a few of us from '06 who are spending the summer in the general area. Hopefully we will have times when are general locations make it possible to get together.

We're in Black Diamond at Lake Sawyer RV Resort right now. OK park, but spaces are very tight. We move back down to Centralia for the weekend for a memorial service and then - we don't know yet. icon_biggrin.gif Guess I had better figure out where we want to be next week!

We will be in Yakima the week of June 11th to have some work done at the factory. Have to get some wine tasting in that week - our stock is getting low. icon_eek.gif

Probably be at Ocean Shores for the 4th of July.

Barb

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
2002 Alpine 36 MDDS (Figment II), 2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
Blog: http://www.barbanddave.net
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

We moved out to Lake Bardwell - High View CoE where we will stay til the 10th of June. We thought we might have to stay longer to get Jeff's foot work done, but he found out the Dallas VA can't see him until July 23rd! Since he can barely walk - that's too long! Luckily, he already had an appointment with the podiatrist in Great Lakes,IL for June 18th so we're heading straight up there.

We woke up this morning to mockingbirds singing - the first time in a long time. It is wonderful. This is a good park that is not too far out from the DFW area. With the golden pass it is only $8 a night. Oh yes, be sure to reserve sites #16 or #22...they both have shade; and, back up to the lake shore!

We have left the Capital District of NYS, after a series of Dr's appointments at the VA, visiting Dick's Kids, Grandkids, and friends. We are now at gorgeous Keuka Lake State Park in the finger lakes region. This park is totally awesome. So green and bushes/trees between all campsites. Lots of woods, but still enough open sky to use Datastorm for internet access. Will be here until Jun 12th and then off to South East Pennsylvania.

Take care and keep traveling,

Any classmates planning on attending the fall escapade in Goshen?

"...it isn't about the thing you do, dear, it's about the thing you leave undone which gives you a bit of heartache at the setting of the sun" M.E. Sangster

Diana and John

"the eskie" Buffy

F-350 (is Tugg) & 38.5' Avion (is Ridley)

Hello All, Just in case any of us give a rat's

patootie, I'm still SiS(Stuck in Stockton)until the AVA Convention(the last week in June)is finished. In mid July I plan on embarking on a 10k mile, 5-month perimeter tour of the US to include the Escapade in Indiana. Maybe I'll run into some of you along the way. Cheers to all for now......................mike

My blah...blah...blah...blog

icon_smile.gifHey Mike...how goes it...were still in the Central Valley (in theFoothills really too...It's too hot here... wha's up wid dat???

Are you talkin a 10 mile to the interior of the USA...all around it? Sounds good to me...

Good to hear from you, what is an AVA Convention?

Remember: "Life ain't always beautiful, but it's a beautiful "RIDE"!!!!

Charlie60

Hubby: Mike

Mini Doxie: Halle

Vintage 1990 Prevost/Marathon: "TAD"

Toad: "Vetta" the Jetta

Class of 2006 (09/03/06)

Blogspot: http://mikecharlie2007.blogspot.com/

Archived