Air Compressor to Air Dryer Hoses 2006 Volvo 780

SuiteSuccess

2006 Volvo VNL 780 with D12D motor.  Air dryer part number is Wabco 4324210090.  There are two parts to the air compressor discharge line that feeds to the air dryer itself.  The first is metal which circles to the drivers side from the passenger side location of the compressor.  The second piece is rubber (shrouded) hose from a compression fitting on the steel line and connects into the dryer.  I need to find a part number for that hose if anyone has it.  

2006 Volvo 780 "Hoss" Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

Bed Build by "JW Morgan's Custom Welding"

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

2013 Smart Passion Coupe "Itty Bitty"

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

Take it off, find a hose/hydraulic shop, wait at the counter for 1/2 cup of coffee, pay on your way out. No part number needed.

I have been wrong before, I'll probably be wrong again. 

2000 Kenworth T 2000 w/N-14 and 10 speed Gen1 Autoshift, deck built by Star Fabrication
2006 smart fourtwo cdi cabriolet
2007 32.5' Fleetwood Quantum

Please e-mail us here.

2 hours ago, Darryl&Rita said:

Take it off, find a hose/hydraulic shop, wait at the counter for 1/2 cup of coffee, pay on your way out. No part number needed.

A much better approach for any hydraulic lines.  If you go the path of the RV manufacturer, they often will do the same thing and you will pay for the time they spent doing just that.  Cut out the middle man, air lines and hydraulic lines can be fabricated at hose stores and then get the fittings you need while you are waiting on the hose.

Marcel

That was Rickeieio’s suggestion also but he’s kind of shady and didn’t know if I could trust him.  😂😂

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

Thanks for the kind words ol' buddy.  And you still don't know whether to trust me......

I was sitting back, waiting to see if my input was validated by someone with real experience.  I'm going to add, if you measure your failing hose, and call a couple truck parts houses, I'll bet they have it in stock.  When Steve Dixon need one, my local Mack dealer had them.  In his case, we had to piece two shorter ones together, as his used hose for the entire run.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

2 hours ago, rickeieio said:

Thanks for the kind words ol' buddy.  And you still don't know whether to trust me......

I was sitting back, waiting to see if my input was validated by someone with real experience.  I'm going to add, if you measure your failing hose, and call a couple truck parts houses, I'll bet they have it in stock.  When Steve Dixon need one, my local Mack dealer had them.  In his case, we had to piece two shorter ones together, as his used hose for the entire run.

Made a call to dealer. They can get it but 3 weeks unless I pay overnight freight, hence why I wanted part # to check couple other places. Local dealer doesn’t like to give out part numbers. (BTW you’re still my bud.  Just kidding wit ya).

Edited by SuiteSuccess

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

20 minutes ago, Deezl Smoke said:

No part numbers. But any hose you get, unless it's in a sealed bag, be sure to blow air through it before installation to remove any cutting and pressing debris. Depending upon what type of ends Volvo uses, do not use any sort of sealing paste or tape unless it is a pipe thread fitting. IMO.

Good advice.  Thanks.

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

Carl, if you go to a hydraulics shop. tell them it's air hose so they don't give you steel braided line rated for 4,500 psi.  Braided sheath is fine, but you don't need to be wrestling an overly stiff hose at your age...........

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row

3 hours ago, rickeieio said:

Carl, if you go to a hydraulics shop. tell them it's air hose so they don't give you steel braided line rated for 4,500 psi.  Braided sheath is fine, but you don't need to be wrestling an overly stiff hose at your age...........

😳😳

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

On 11/26/2023 at 1:21 PM, rickeieio said:

At his age, he just gets Donna to fix it. Kinda like another old timer I know...

2017 Kenworth T680
2015 DRV 38RSSA Elite Suites
2016 Smart Prime

3 hours ago, GeorgiaHybrid said:

At his age, he just gets Donna to fix it. Kinda like another old timer I know...

Now I’m feeling ganged up on.  Feel like it’s “pick on the old guy” week, lol.

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

On 11/25/2023 at 10:34 AM, Darryl&Rita said:

Easier said than done.  RandyA in a previous thread described trying to remove the hose and ended up having to cut and destroy it in the process.  Would like to one in hand prior to having to go to that extreme.  I have another dealer source that may be willing to give me the number. 

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

Length really isn't an issue, providing it's long enough.  Cut it in two, get it removed any way you can, and get the new one a couple inches longer.

I'd bet dollars to do-nuts, that how most shops do it.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN

On 11/24/2023 at 2:18 PM, SuiteSuccess said:

2006 Volvo VNL 780 with D12D motor.  Air dryer part number is Wabco 4324210090.  There are two parts to the air compressor discharge line that feeds to the air dryer itself.  The first is metal which circles to the drivers side from the passenger side location of the compressor.  The second piece is rubber (shrouded) hose from a compression fitting on the steel line and connects into the dryer.  I need to find a part number for that hose if anyone has it.  

Carl,

This is a gif of the compressor and hose for my 2020 D13.

If the hose looks the same he numbers are:

3    990424    1        hose assembly    M12x1.5*6*225

4    977639    2        nipple    M12X1,5 6MM L

I can add vin's to my customer portal and probably get the #'s for your exact truck.

https://class8truckparts.com/volvo-hose-assembly-990424.html

or

https://www.truckpartcenter.com/p-volvo-990424-hose-assembly-990424

Ken....R1245961.gif.1449f2d5db4541a8174e78d30ab628e2.gif

Edited by hatrack
added links

IMG_856.png.ae22d1dc2b12f9fb806b4e17121ee0b0.png

2017 DRV Fullhouse JX450

2020 Volvo VNR 42-640, D13, 455hp, Ishift, 189"wb, factory single, ET Junior Hitch @ 195", Jacklopee, Directlink

2016 GMC 3500 Denali DRW, CC, LB, Curt 25k, Sold

12 hours ago, hatrack said:

Carl,

This is a gif of the compressor and hose for my 2020 D13.

If the hose looks the same he numbers are:

3    990424    1        hose assembly    M12x1.5*6*225

4    977639    2        nipple    M12X1,5 6MM L

I can add vin's to my customer portal and probably get the #'s for your exact truck.

https://class8truckparts.com/volvo-hose-assembly-990424.html

or

https://www.truckpartcenter.com/p-volvo-990424-hose-assembly-990424

Ken....R1245961.gif.1449f2d5db4541a8174e78d30ab628e2.gif

Thanks so much.  I will personal message my vin# to you.  What you show looks correct.  Going to try and get some pictures today and will send also.  Was going to do it yesterday but was cold and windy.  These old bones don’t like the cold.

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

On 11/25/2023 at 6:42 PM, SuiteSuccess said:

Made a call to dealer. They can get it but 3 weeks unless I pay overnight freight, hence why I wanted part # to check couple other places. Local dealer doesn’t like to give out part numbers. (BTW you’re still my bud.  Just kidding wit ya).

I can validate your concern.  That guy needs to be watched like a hawk on a diet.

2012 F350 KR CC DRW w/ some stuff
2019 Arctic Fox 32-5M
Cindy and Tom, Kasey and Maggie (our Newfie and Berner)
Oh...I forgot the five kids.

Carl,

I got the vin in the system, have to wait for Volvo to approve it. I'll get the info as soon as they do.

Ken....

IMG_856.png.ae22d1dc2b12f9fb806b4e17121ee0b0.png

2017 DRV Fullhouse JX450

2020 Volvo VNR 42-640, D13, 455hp, Ishift, 189"wb, factory single, ET Junior Hitch @ 195", Jacklopee, Directlink

2016 GMC 3500 Denali DRW, CC, LB, Curt 25k, Sold

Just want to ask about another option to cover my bases.  Both top and bottom connections are seized.  Going to try heat and PB Blaster.  If all else fails removing the hose, could I simply cut the rusted connection end off and have a new end fabricated and splice into the remaining hose with a barbed connection?  If so would want something better than regular hose clamps.  Max pressure in that feed line to dryer is 185 psi and mine “chuffs” at 135 psi.  BTW I’m replacing the air dryer also so getting the rusted connection off will not be necessary.  Will get new connections.  Understand this solution would be last resort only.

9krgpRgl.jpgIMG%5D

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

11 minutes ago, GeorgiaHybrid said:

Carl,

Do you have a set of flare nut crowfoot wrenches? Put them on a pair of  24" ratchets, put some heat on the larger connection nut and they should break loose.

Have some crowfoot. Not sure if they are large enough. Will check. May be time for more tools. 😊  Just can’t see paying shop $185 an hour when I could spend on tools. 

2017 DRV 39DBRS3