Air Compressor to Air Dryer Hoses 2006 Volvo 780

SuiteSuccess

Just now, SuiteSuccess said:

Have some crowfoot. Not sure if they are large enough. Will check. May be time for more tools. 😊  Just can’t see paying shop $185 an hour when I could spend on tools. 

$185 an hour?  Consider yourself lucky.

2012 F350 KR CC DRW w/ some stuff
2019 Arctic Fox 32-5M
Cindy and Tom, Kasey and Maggie (our Newfie and Berner)
Oh...I forgot the five kids.

Carl, crows foot and line wrenches are two different animals.  A line wrench looks like a heavy duty box end with part cut away so you can slip it over the line.  a crow's foot is just an open end wrench that uses square drives (think socket).

I have several sets of line wrenches, from S-K to Crapsman, to Snap-on.  I hate them all.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

Mine are Snap-on flare nut (line) crowsfoot wrenches and they have saved my butt more than a few times over the years. I think I have 4 or 5 sets of regular line wrenches.  They are always frustrating but the Snappies bite better than anything else I have.

Edited by GeorgiaHybrid

2017 Kenworth T680
2015 DRV 38RSSA Elite Suites
2016 Smart Prime

1 hour ago, SuiteSuccess said:

BTW I’m replacing the air dryer also so getting the rusted connection off will not be necessary.

May I ask why?  You've already replaced all the wear parts.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row

40 minutes ago, rickeieio said:

May I ask why?  You've already replaced all the wear parts.

Rick, I misspoke.  Meant to say, replacing the air dryer fittings.  

2006 Volvo 780 "Hoss" Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

Bed Build by "JW Morgan's Custom Welding"

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

2013 Smart Passion Coupe "Itty Bitty"

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

Carl, remember that money can't buy happiness but it can buy tools which is the next best thing.

If you can find a can of Kroil penetrating oil, try it. It's not cheap but it is the best on the market to break things loose.

Edited by GeorgiaHybrid

2017 Kenworth T680
2015 DRV 38RSSA Elite Suites
2016 Smart Prime

39 minutes ago, GeorgiaHybrid said:

remember that money can't buy happiness but it can buy tools which is the next best thing.

My Last Will and Testament had my gravestone saying something sweet and caring about my family...and the dogs. 

I need to call my attorney and change that.

2012 F350 KR CC DRW w/ some stuff
2019 Arctic Fox 32-5M
Cindy and Tom, Kasey and Maggie (our Newfie and Berner)
Oh...I forgot the five kids.

3 hours ago, GeorgiaHybrid said:

Mine are Snap-on flare nut (line) crowsfoot wrenches and they have saved my butt more than a few times over the years. I think I have 4 or 5 sets of regulat line wrenches.  They are always frustrating but the Snappies bite better than anything else I have.

I didn't buy Snap on, but the Crowsfoot I got to reach my inner valve stem when putting on the Crossfires on the truck sure did make the job easier. I only bought the 1/2 inch one that I saw on a rack behind the parts counter at the parts store. Welded that one to a 3/8's extension and left it for the guys at the tire shop. I bought another one when the first one fell off after I tightened the last one on my truck. I looked and looked and looked for days for it. Drove really slowly around the parking lot hoping it would fall out of where ever it was and then finally a week of so later a customer at the tire shop brought it in to me. I'd already bought my replacement so I welded that one so it would be easier to find. 

Rod

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2022 Jeep Wrangler Sport S Two door hard top.

2007 Honda GL 1800

2013 Space Craft Mfg S420 Custom built Toyhauler

The Gold Volvo is still running and being emptied in July. 

2 hours ago, GeorgiaHybrid said:

Carl, remember that money can't buy happiness but it can buy tools which is the next best thing.

If you can find a can of Kroil penetrating oil, try it. It's not cheap but it is the best on the market to break things loose.

Ok, will try to find some Kroil.

Edited by SuiteSuccess

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

I learned about it at Wheels Through Time museum.  They use it on old motorcycles.  It works great to rejuvenate old paint on antique cars and bikes.

It's a lot cheaper if you buy it in the 5 gallon cans.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN

Carl,

Finally got Volvo to put in vin. The hose is a different number.

20701801 1 air compressor

12    977639    2    nipple            
13    980358    1    hose asse

Ken....

R1011466.gif.730afbebfa8a854791b6fe311a96bc04.gif

Edited by hatrack
added part

IMG_856.png.ae22d1dc2b12f9fb806b4e17121ee0b0.png

2017 DRV Fullhouse JX450

2020 Volvo VNR 42-640, D13, 455hp, Ishift, 189"wb, factory single, ET Junior Hitch @ 195", Jacklopee, Directlink

2016 GMC 3500 Denali DRW, CC, LB, Curt 25k, Sold

2 hours ago, hatrack said:

Carl,

Finally got Volvo to put in vin. The hose is a different number.

20701801 1 air compressor

12    977639    2    nipple            
13    980358    1    hose asse

Ken....

R1011466.gif.730afbebfa8a854791b6fe311a96bc04.gif

Ken, 

Thanks so much.

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

Put this thread to bed.  Finally got the hose off, another fabricated, and reassembled.  All is well.  Will introduce another product that helped get the connection loose…Wurt Rost Off Extra along with heat.  Seemed to work when Kroil didn’t.  Also biggest obstacle during project was cable ties securing the hose were up under the cab in hard to reach places on special brackets.  I developed a tool to access and cut those and had to remove my batteries and contort on the battery platform to reattach.

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

I suppose one could view it as, the Kroil had time to do the job, the "other stuff" came late to the party.  Expecting instant gratification from a penetrant is asking a bit much.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN

14 hours ago, rickeieio said:

I suppose one could view it as, the Kroil had time to do the job, the "other stuff" came late to the party.  Expecting instant gratification from a penetrant is asking a bit much.

Hey the Kroil had almost five days of multiple soak, heat, soak cycles.  I don’t think the Wurth was the final solution either.  It was the longer pipe extension and leverage.  So all in all, like the ancient Egyptians figured out, leverage is the solution to just about everything.

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

Unfortunately, my bride has figured out how to leverage her assets to her advantage..........

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN

1 hour ago, rickeieio said:

Unfortunately, my bride has figured out how to leverage her assets to her advantage..........

🫣

2017 DRV 39DBRS3