TST tire pressure monitor

SuiteSuccess

9 hours ago, Cotreker said:

Where is best place to purchase the TST 507 also need 14 sensors.

Direct from Truck System Technologies 

https://tsttruck.com/   or even Amazon.

2006 Volvo 780 "Hoss" Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

Bed Build by "JW Morgan's Custom Welding"

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

2013 Smart Passion Coupe "Itty Bitty"

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

Yep, directly from the company. They have great customer service. In 2008 I bought a 507 cap sensor kit from them and a few weeks later was having a problem. I called their number on a Sunday to leave a message for Monday; however a man answered the phone and asked how he could help.  I could hear wind blowing on his phone and asked if he could hear me. He apologized and said he was on the golf course but he'd be happy to help me, which he did, and solved my problem. He said it was his turn to be on-call.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

I was just discussing this topic with the DW this afternoon and her comment was that she thought she remembered someone, possibly at the ECR (?), who was saying that they did not like having a monitor system for some reason.  She couldn't articulate what was said but there was some sort of down side to a having a system.

Does this ring a bell for anyone?

Av8r3400
2012 Volvo VNL 730 D13 iShift & 2021 Grand Design Momentum 397TH

TEq81qV.jpg

I'd rather die trying to live - Than live trying not to die.   -Leonard Perry

6 minutes ago, Av8r3400 said:

I was just discussing this topic with the DW this afternoon and her comment was that she thought she remembered someone, possibly at the ECR (?), who was saying that they did not like having a monitor system for some reason.  She couldn't articulate what was said but there was some sort of down side to a having a system.

If there's a downside to knowing that your tire pressures are correct before heading out without the effort of manually checking each tire with a gauge and being alerted instantly any time a tire pressure or temperature falls outside of the preset ranges, then I haven't found it in the 15 years I've been using a TST TPMS.

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system

9 hours ago, Av8r3400 said:

Yes, it does.  The one big negative is the fact that the sensors are vulnerable to debris.  We had a case where we had a sudden failure, and the shredded tread tore off the adjacent sensors.  Now we had three flats rather than just the blow-out.  Would the debris have caught the valve stems anyway?  We'll never know.

And yes, all tires were checked just 100 miles before the incident.

So, my solution (for now) is to run much heavier tires than originally spec'd, check before each trip, and drive on. YMMV.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

11 hours ago, rickeieio said:

Yes, it does.  The one big negative is the fact that the sensors are vulnerable to debris.  We had a case where we had a sudden failure, and the shredded tread tore off the adjacent sensors.  Now we had three flats rather than just the blow-out.  Would the debris have caught the valve stems anyway?  We'll never know.

So, my solution (for now) is to run much heavier tires than originally spec'd, check before each trip, and drive on. YMMV.

I'm still using TST 507 sensors I bought in 2011, including one that was on a tire that blew out from a road debris hit. The blown tire took out a bunch of wires and damaged a bin, but the TPMS sensors on both duals survived just fine. In all the years I've had TST sensors, I've only had one fail, and that was shortly after putting it in service and it was promptly replaced by TST under warranty. 

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system

11 hours ago, rickeieio said:

Do you still run a monitor?

Av8r3400

TEq81qV.jpg

2 hours ago, Av8r3400 said:

Do you still run a monitor?

No.  We're running naked, for now.  My line of logic, flawed though it may be, is that by buying "insurance" in the way of much heavier tires/wheels, (4 load ranges higher than spec.), I can be reasonably sure that the sensors would just be redundant.  Can we still have a slow leak, or some issue to cause over heating in a bearing/brake?  Of course we can.  But the old farmer in me, blended with a some time in heavier than air flying machines, makes me check such things pretty often, even if it's just to run my fingers across a surface to see if it's warmer than it's neighbor.

That said, I've been looking at the sensors that go inside the tire.  They make a lot of sense, but tire repair personnel would need to be aware of their presence.  But I won't run valve stem mounted sensors again.  Just my preference.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row

2 hours ago, Cotreker said:

My trailer does not have steel valve stems.  Can I still run with cap or flow thru sensors?  Which are lighter?

Cap sensors can be put on rubber valve stems according to TST.

image.jpeg.da41804de27946f5908679542600de57.jpeg

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

“No.  We're running naked, for now.

Now that is a scary thought😜.  Anyone have some Clorox so I can bleach my eyes?

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

cotreker, I've had TST 510 flow-through sensors on my Silverado rubber valve stems since 2016. The tires loose about 2#/month.

Since our MH was out of commission the past year, I removed the Silverado sensors, tires still lose about 2#/month.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

9 hours ago, GeorgiaHybrid said:

I bet you two are quite the sensation when you get out to refuel at a truck stop...

C'mon David.  Running naked is just a figure of speech.  Do you really think I ever run?

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN

12 hours ago, rickeieio said:

C'mon David.  Running naked is just a figure of speech.  Do you really think I ever run?

Rick, we all know you're built for comfort, not speed...

Av8r3400

TEq81qV.jpg

These TST caps are pretty darn tough. I run mine in some of the worst conditions imaginable. From sub zero temps with snow and ice to bouncing across corn fields with stalks hitting them. To what I've ben doing this week. Over 600 miles this week and never touched pavement. Washboards and dirt roads. That is not mud on the wheels either. That is cow poop. I am hauling out of a feed lot to stock pile in a in field to be spread. There is no reason to think that they wont stand up to anything you will throw at them in the RV world. 

I have 7 axles with 22 sensors. 

O0JPqCIl.jpg

ASgwqGul.jpg

njcfs8il.jpg

JBIM70kl.jpg

Farmer, Trucker, Equipment operator, Mechanic

Quando omni flunkus moritati-When all else fails, play dead
I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.