What are are forum members?

Kirk W

Who are the Escapees forum members?  

67 members have voted

1. 1. What part of the Escapees RV group are you? Please share with others which age group you fall into.

• I am under the age of 30.
    • I am at least 30 but not yet 50.
    • I am at least 50 but not yet 60.
    • I am at least 60 but not yet 70.
    • I am at least 70 but not yet 80.
    • I am 80 years old or older.

We often discuss who the Escapee members are and the fact that more and more members are still working since the indroduction of Xscapers, but what sort of age mix are we on the forums? If you do not mind shareing the group that you fit into, I think that it might be interesting to all of us. I am marking the 80+ group even though my birthday is still a couple of weeks away.  😏

Thank you for participating. 

Edited by Kirk W

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Four months shy of 80. But I'm not a dues paying member.

Edited by Ray,IN

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

1 hour ago, Ray,IN said:

Four months shy of 80. But I'm not a dues paying member.

Kirk asked for forum members, not Escapee members, so I clicked more than 70 but not yet 80. It seems like we are the majority. (We let our membership lapse when we came off the road.)

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

7 hours ago, sandsys said:

Kirk asked for forum members, not Escapee members,

That is correct. The forums have never been restricted to club members. So far it seems that 95 have looked but only 30 took the poll. I suspect that the 95 is high since it probably counts 1 each time anyone looks it it but there still seem to be those who won't join? Even if you are one of those who doest' admit how old you are, nobody will know if you disclose you age in the poll. ☺️

This forum is dominated by old folks.  That doesn't mean that the poll is representative of the total members.  It's just that us old folks have more time to participate (and answer polls).  I suspect that a goodly number of members are dead.  Are memberships removed after a period of time due to lack of participation?

Only 39 members have voted so far.  Does anyone know how many total members there are?

Poll is about body or mind? My body currently feels like 80. Mind feels like 50. So can I average it and call it 70? Hang on my mind may not be fine after all. The average of 80 and 50 ain't 70. Or is it? I'll stick with my 70 and not get into trouble.

FWIW, while sitting in the supermarket car park yesterday a small, yes even small by Australian standards, campervan pulled up near me. It was in pretty poor shape. Interstate pates. Boy I thought they are brave driving that interstate. Then a lady climbed out. She was thin and frail and everyday over 80.  So tell me again how old and sick you have to be to give up the RV lifestyle. Your age is set by your mind. Not by the candles on your cake or the wrinkles on your face.

21 hours ago, durangodon said:

This forum is dominated by old folks.  That doesn't mean that the poll is representative of the total members.  It's just that us old folks have more time to participate (and answer polls). 

That, and younger people are probably on other sites such as Facebook.

Are memberships removed after a period of time due to lack of participation?

No.

Does anyone know how many total members there are?

Forum members or Escapees members?  

LindaH
2014 Winnebago Aspect 27K
2011 Kia Soul

22 hours ago, durangodon said:

Does anyone know how many total members there are?

On the forums I don't believe that anyone keeps track. There is a link to online users that will show how many are signed in but that is the only answer that I know. If they were removed, how long would you have them wait? It isn't unusual to see a person post who has not been signed in for several years. And if you read the forum without signing in it shows as guest so we only know who is there if they sign in. 

If you mean the Escapees RV Club, the website currently says that there are more than 60,000 members.

I was referring to the forum, which I thought was the subject of this thread.  Many forums have a list of members or at least the number of members listed, couldn't find that info here.

My point is that this forum probably has tens of thousands of members, so 50 or 100 people answering the poll is not representative.

Edited by durangodon

14 minutes ago, durangodon said:

My point is that this forum probably has tens of thousands of members,

If you want to know who is active, look through the forums and count the people who post. I don't believe that you will find it to be thousands. I will contact our admin person to see what I am able to find out on the subject as I admit that I am only guessing.

Edited by Kirk W

For those who are interested in numbers, here is what I was able to find out. Since the begining of the forums there have been 41,725 who joined the forums. All of the follwoing data is for 2022.

175 members last visited between July 1 and July 31

87 members posted between July 1 and July 31

211 members visited between August 1 and August 31

119 members posted between August 1 and August 31

231 members visited between September 1 and September 8, 2022

97 members posted between September 1 and September 8, 2022

1,552 members visited between January 1 and September 8, 2022

799 members posted between January 1 and September 8, 2022

Edited by Kirk W

The title of this thread I assume was meant to be "What age are forum members?".  I didn't realize it was limited to active or posting members.  It doesn't really matter one way or the other to me.  I was just making a point about the relevance of the data.

The thread starter and poll creator is the one who is interested in numbers, so maybe he should be the one who decides which members matter and which don't.

4 hours ago, durangodon said:

The thread starter and poll creator is the one who is interested in numbers, so maybe he should be the one who decides which members matter and which don't.

All matter whether they are active posters or not. We are all here to support one another in whatever way works for us.

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

the statistics tell a story, and hence the reliance on "Big Data" that you hear of in the news. There was no need to know who visited and when, just that there was a visit.  If you were selling something, you could look at the numbers and know that between September 1 and September 8, there was a spike in viewing. Based on the data, you know to advertise for a specific age group too.

Based on the poll information alone, It could be surmised that advertising dollars are best spent after September 1st and not July 1st.

I believe this is a reason Google, Amazon, Facebook and others with an eye on big data know when to pitch a product, and when to save their resources.  I'm sure they have methods for being a LOT more specific in knowing what to spend their resources on  and when.

my 2¢

+++++++++++_____________________________________+++++++++++

2021 Ram 3500  2017 Arctic Fox 25W(to be traded??)
HAM guy (Ke7FIX), photography, woodworking (mostly sawdust),
Electronics Technician,  USAF DAV

Going where everyone has gone before

event.png