5 Places You'll Most Likely Catch COVID, According to Experts

Excerpt:
"Omicron subvariants BA.4 and BA.5 are driving another COVID-19 surge in the US, virus experts warn. "Our data suggest that these new Omicron subvariants will likely be able to lead to surges of infections in populations with high levels of vaccine immunity as well as natural BA.1 and BA.2 immunity," says Dr. Dan Barouch, director of the Center for Virology and Vaccine Research at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center in Boston. "However, it is likely that vaccine immunity will still provide substantial protection against severe disease with BA.4 and BA.5." Here are five places you should avoid to protect yourself from infection. Read on—and to ensure your health and the health of others, don't miss these Sure Signs You've Already Had COVID."

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

I appreciate the info and I am sure the folks at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center are fine scientists and doctors but another doctor that appeared in the news a lot has made me very skeptical that "they" are able to predict anything with any degree of accuracy. Others may feel differently but that is their personal choice.

SignatureNewest.jpg.a1bc8322b0862056fd28e25d5b1458db.jpg

That is interesting reading Derek, thanks. DW insures we are always masked when away from our property and around people, we use lots of sanitizing products, and yet we've had COVID twice.

That link lists going to a gym is #2, but the link within that article(35 places)  lists going to a gym is way down at #13. OK, now where is Dr. Fauci, I have a question?

This, to me, has been an issue for over 2 years, there is no one spokesperson  managing information for the nation. It seems to be a shotgun type of spreading information to citizens, with thousands of "experts" holding the pens.

I apologize for the rant, but who are we supposed to believe, and how do we know, who has the correct information? I could write a dissertation on full-timing, but I've never full-timed; how would my information be viewed?

Edited by Ray,IN

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

Ray,

the thing about science is as new information comes from research new facts emerge we change what we recommend. We are seeing new variants and like the Spanish flu in early 1900s it had a wicked return after they thought it was over. We know the vaccines work against the initial variants but cross infections are now happening because the viral loads infected folks shed are much larger thus can overwhelm our immune systems even with the vaccines help. At least most of us are not dying or requiring hospitalizations as before the vaccines.

All we can do here with our family is continue to mask and limit our indoor interaction with the maskless.

It is like going out in public in the US today like a 4th of July parade. Freedom isn't knowing in public a mass shooter can take away our right to life without warning.

Sorry but no certainty in an evolving situation be that mass shootings or the pandemic.

RV/Derek
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

25 minutes ago, RV_ said:

All we can do here with our family is continue to mask and limit our indoor interaction with the maskless.

That's what we continue to do.  My wife and I each have had 4 shots and/or boosters.  In April/May we managed to fly to see kids and grandkids and spent nearly a month in their homes.  We were pleased to report that we didn't contract COVID during or after the trip, but pretty much all of our kids did a few weeks thereafter.  Of course, they all have school-age children and are constantly exposed to what they bring home.

Sandie & Joel

2000 40' Beaver Patriot Thunder Princeton--425 HP/1550 ft-lbs CAT C-12
2014 Honda CR-V AWD EX-L with ReadyBrute tow bar/brake system
WiFiRanger Ambassador
Follow our adventures on Facebook at Weiss Travels

Mayo Clinic is tracking COVID-19 cases and forecasting hot spots. All data and predictions include the delta and omicron variants and other SARS-CoV-2 variants.

U.S. COVID-19 map: What do the trends mean for you?

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

We are continuing to wear a mask and limit public exposure.  When we do eat out, we go at off-peak hours to avoid the crowds.  It amazes us that many people do not understand nor listen to science.

A fellow from a few spaces down the row from us now has COVID for the 3rd time and he and his family refuse to be vaccinated.  Some people never learn.

Ken

Edited by TXiceman

Amateur radio operator, 2023 Cougar 22MLS, 2022 F150 Lariat 4x4 Off Road, Sport trim <br />Travel with 1 miniature schnauzer, 1 standard schnauzer and one African Gray parrot

11 hours ago, Kirk W said:

Mayo Clinic is tracking COVID-19 cases and forecasting hot spots. All data and predictions include the delta and omicron variants and other SARS-CoV-2 variants.

21 hours ago, docj said:

That's what we continue to do.  My wife and I each have had 4 shots and/or boosters.  In April/May we managed to fly to see kids and grandkids and spent nearly a month in their homes.  We were pleased to report that we didn't contract COVID during or after the trip, but pretty much all of our kids did a few weeks thereafter.  Of course, they all have school-age children and are constantly exposed to what they bring home.

Glad you dodged the recently increasing strains. It sounds like you are doing all you can as well. Stay safe bud!

RV/Derek
Retired AF 1971-1998

11 hours ago, Kirk W said:

Thanks! Excellent resource, I like that it shows the date as it runs the last 60 days and can be paused on whatever date close to what you want to see.

RV/Derek
Retired AF 1971-1998

9 hours ago, TXiceman said:

We are continuing to wear a mask and limit public exposure.  When we do eat out, we go at off-peak hours to avoid the crowds.  It amazes us that many people do not understand nor listen to science.

A fellow from a few spaces down the row from us now has COVID for the 3rd time and he and his family refuse to be vaccinated.  Some people never learn.

Ken

Good to hear you are doing well too Ken. Sorry that some folks never learn and cause this pandemic to hang on when it could have been gone long ago.

Ken since vaccinated folks rarely die immediately I ave been reading that long term COVID has not been ruled out in cross infections of the vaccinated. It's bad enough having gravbity and aging take its toll, I don't need any additional deficits! 😉🤞

RV/Derek
Retired AF 1971-1998

15 minutes ago, RV_ said:

Glad you dodged the recently increasing strains. It sounds like you are doing all you can as well. Stay safe bud!

I no longer care about being just about the only one in a store wearing a mask.  Our kids reported that having COVID, even after having had shots, wasn't a pleasant experience.  If wearing a mask helps reduce that risk, I'm all for it.

Sandie & Joel

WiFiRanger Ambassador

14 minutes ago, docj said:

I no longer care about being just about the only one in a store wearing a mask.  Our kids reported that having COVID, even after having had shots, wasn't a pleasant experience.  If wearing a mask helps reduce that risk, I'm all for it.

Us too Joel. We have neighbors that told us the same thing. Our Son and his wife and our two grand-kids have so far stayed uninfected too. They are in Germany and both Civil service nurses at Landstuhl Medical center near Ramstein and K-town. They flew there during the September 2020 first wave break and the kids wore theirs for that whole ~ 10 hour flight at ages 2 and 4 without complaint. Proud of them.

RV/Derek
Retired AF 1971-1998

12 hours ago, docj said:

I no longer care about being just about the only one in a store wearing a mask. 

We are back to wearing them when in stores and such as well. While the majority of people seem to be without a mask, casual observation seems to indicate an increase in numbers of people wearing a mask here in the Mesquite, TX area. Nothing scientific about that and I haven't counted people or anything but it sure seems that way just lately. Perhaps it may be due to reports of increasing numbers of cases and hospitalizations in the Dallas area and also the county is now promoting people returning to masks when inside businesses or in crowds. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

2 hours ago, Kirk W said:

We are back to wearing them when in stores and such as well. While the majority of people seem to be without a mask, casual observation seems to indicate an increase in numbers of people wearing a mask here in the Mesquite, TX area. Nothing scientific about that and I haven't counted people or anything but it sure seems that way just lately. 

Funny, you should mention that.  I recently made a similar observation about people in Rockport TX where we live.   

Sandie & Joel

WiFiRanger Ambassador