My new to me HDT.

Deezl Smoke

When my life partner and I were told she was terminal, psychologically there was no way I would ever be able to drive my 379X again without Cari in the seat to me. So with her permission I sold it. It is at a good home and will likely travel similar paths in the future.

Friday I rented a car one way to Boise Idaho from my home town Hillsboro Oregon, and bought this 2021 567. My BIL had never ridden in one and after Cari had been telling he and my sister about travel by truck, he really wanted to ride along to see what even a short interstate trip might be like. I think he is hooked and my be a future HDT owner. Fingers crossed anyway.

I have a insulated Summit box ordered and hope to take delivery February sometime.

IMG_3070.jpg

I'm a work'n on it.

Very nice.  Enjoy it.

2000 Kenworth T2000 w/ Cummins N14 and autoshift
2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2022 DRV Full House MX450 with customized floor plan
2018 Polaris RZR Turbo S (fits in the garage)
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)
My First Solar Install Thread
My Second Solar Install Thread & Photos and Documents Related to the build
My MX450's solar, battery and inverter system - my biggest system yet!

chadheiser.com      West Coast HDT Rally Website

event.png    

AZCACOIDIAKSMNMOMTNENVNMNDOKSDTNTXUTWYxlg.jpg

Pretty cool looking....

Jack & Danielle Mayer #60376 Lifetime Member
Living on the road since 2000

PLEASE no PM's. Email me. jackdanmayer AT gmail
2016 DRV Houston 44' 5er (we still have it)
2022 New Horizons 43' 5er
2016 Itasca 27N 28' motorhome 
2019 Volvo 860, D13 455/1850, 236" wb, I-Shift, battery-based APU
No truck at the moment - we use one of our demo units
2016 smart Passion, piggyback on the truck
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
See our website for info on New Horizons 5th wheels, HDTs as tow vehicles, communications on the road, and use of solar power
www.jackdanmayer.com
Principal in RVH Lifestyles. RVH-Lifestyles.com

On 12/19/2021 at 3:09 PM, Deezl Smoke said:

When my life partner and I were told she was terminal, psychologically there was no way I would ever be able to drive my 379X again without Cari in the seat to me. So with her permission I sold it. It is at a good home and will likely travel similar paths in the future.

Friday I rented a car one way to Boise Idaho from my home town Hillsboro Oregon, and bought this 2021 567. My BIL had never ridden in one and after Cari had been telling he and my sister about travel by truck, he really wanted to ride along to see what even a short interstate trip might be like. I think he is hooked and my be a future HDT owner. Fingers crossed anyway.

I have a insulated Summit box ordered and hope to take delivery February sometime.

IMG_3070.jpg

Congrats, very nice. Guve us some specs about it when you can.

It's a 2021 Peterbilt 567. 500 Cummins efficiency. 18 spd manual. 3:25 rears. Low air leaf rear, optional air ride front. I think it's a 280" wb. 239,000 miles. It has the Paccar installed "smart air" battery powered apu with I think it is a 2500 watt inverter, and an Espar diesel heater. All installed at the factory.

Prior owner installed the painted to match drop visor and ordered the extra cab lights. Sleeper was ordered without fairings. Which made it especially interesting to me as I would have had to remove the fairings, which is a crappy thing to do.

It was ordered with the collision avoidance system and adaptive cruise. Has factory navigation and several other interior options and upgrades. Single bunk.

Cant wait to get the box and have it painted to match. Then,....hit the road.

I'm a work'n on it.

Howdy Deezl Smoke,

And another Pete, joins the group, love it.

Dave

2001 Peterbilt, 379, Known As "Semi-Sane II", towing a 2014 Voltage 3818, 45 foot long toy hauler crammed full of motorcycles of all types.  Visit my photo web site where you will find thousands of photos of my motorcycle wanderings and other aspects of my life, click this link. http://mr-cob.smugmug.com/

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

You got one of the last Cummins. I was talking to the manager at KW yesterday. You can't order a Cummis for KW or Pete anymore. Paccar only. And the price jumped. 

Farmer, Trucker, Equipment operator, Mechanic

Quando omni flunkus moritati-When all else fails, play dead
I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.

• 1 month later...